Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC Fifth Fleet: The Unluckies

Um, in all seriousness though, I don't mean to stump you guys really hard. Considering the situation though, you guys have made pretty good progress; you're just on the very edge of completely breaking through, you know? If it helps, try re-reading the post and think of things from your character's point of view. What would they notice that's out of place? Or maybe, what would they be trying to do? And how were they going to do that?

Did not realize I had not posted. But I've been wondering why Kuro went for the forest instead of the location we planned to be heading towards anyway. Normally we'd have tried to meet her there.

That's a good question Li. It's something our characters will have to find out for themselves if they continue to follow her. I honestly didn't think you guys would try to rescue her and think she was just fine. X D

Thanks for the advice! Admittedly I didn't even know that was an option, Wes. I think that what I might have Aya do is ask the people right there first.

@CadetNewb:

Good point. I'll try not to delay too much longer, since I don't want this to become a habit of mine and/or drag down the pace...

EDIT:

Aiming for a post on Sunday or Tuesday at the absolute latest, things have just been piling up for me... again...

Last edited:
Thanks for the clues! That's pretty useful.

Admittedly I'm still intending to go with my "Ask for advice" idea first of all (since I've already got it in my head), RL's just been keeping me super busy - I've got a bunch of important exams over the next two weeks, which will limit my posting time even more than usual... I'm really, really sorry about that.

@Brett M @Syaoran @cyborgakadjmoose @Eistheid @quantumditto @FrostJaeger

We liiiiiiiiiive!!!~~~~~

Heavy handed with the clues, but, I think it's best we get a move on to the next, exciting thing that's waiting for us around the corner!

EDIT:

I note that this may be a bit closer to what Adelaide looks like physically. But with much more modest clothing befitting a young lady and proper brown hair of course. This is only Semi-SFW - you've been warned!

a67.media.tumblr.com_12d1c3eaba14833741ec8a9a605194d0_tumblr_nt761iKkEN1sr3vxbo1_1280.webp

It also explains the bloody mess.

Last edited:
Thanks very much for indulging my cluelessness. Admittedly I've only just read the post, but it hopefully shouldn't take too long for me to devise a response.

*beats the dead horse*

Aaaaaah! So darn close! It's like, right there! You can do eeeet!

After that's done though, well, you guys know that something big is happening, but can't put a finger on it. As we go along, you'll need to identify what the cause is, and from there, investigate. You'll notice trends, certain repeating themes, and some of them are right there, directly interacting with your characters.

Post is up guys! Since we're past the point where they can easily be asked now, the Kobolds are...involved with what's happening in the lands. There was a saying, I can't recall it off the top of the head, but basically, the slaves sometimes know a lot more than their masters do. And this is one of those stories. It's why Adelaide, despite being a very intelligent young woman of the nobility, is so willingly blind to what's happening.

And someone should have just cut the poor man down - the Kobolds would have been astonished someone helped them. : P

Ah, sorry about that - I have to admit that from my perspective as a player it seemed like you were hinting pretty heavily that nothing good would come of trying to press the issue, so I felt it best not to tempt the GM. :p

RL continues to interfere, but expect a post Sunday or Monday at the absolute latest!

@CadetNewb Yay!

I'll try to post by Friday at the absolute latest!

EDIT, 23.7.16 :

Argh, writer's block! I'll try chewing it over, see if I can figure out a solution.

Last edited:
RPG-D RPGfix
Back