• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: 5th XF [Finished] Old Arrivals Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Katsuko giggled, spite her effort to hold it in "Please let's drop the extreme formalities until we get you settled in. After all as my first officer I would like to get to know you without such things in the way. I didn't mean to scare youâ€

Akina nodded quickly. "Yes ma'am." the Yamataian replied. When Katsuko turned to address someone else, she used the chance to pick her belongings back from the floor, after rubbing the spot on her head where she had inadvertantly lost a strand of hair to her duffel strap. That was a relief, from the straightforwardness of her commander, she deducted everything would be fine if she could perform her duties. It would take some more time to become comfortable, but it could have been much worse. At least she laughs easily..though maybe not around all the crew.

As they moved out of the bay and into the corridor, she answered the Shosho's question quickly, "What? No ma'am, I mean..not this close anyway..." she trailed off.

* Morana bowed slightly made her way through the ship. The design was unique..at least in Morana's eyes. She navigated slowly through the ship and attempted to find her room. She found it rather quick with help from some of the staff and her own knowledge of basic ship design she made it. to room 113-C1.

(continued in Morana's Quarters...)

Assigned to the Fifth XF by Personnel Management, Santo Hei Lucias Micaelis took the next Supply Ship headed to meet with the Fleet. Between the trip and time it took to get a Supply Vessel it took two weeks before he arrived onboard the YSS Akuro. The Supply Ship approached and requested docking clearance.

"This is Supply Vessel call-sign A253 requesting permission to dock with YSS Akuro. Payload of armaments, food, medicines and 1 relief Pilot."

"This is YSS Akuro, docking permission granted at Docking Bay Entrance 3-A."

Supply Vessel A253 began docking procedures and preparations immediately and maneuvered to Docking Bay Entrance 3-A. It was a smooth set down inside the bay and the Cargo Hold door lowered to the platform. First off the ship was Lucias Micaelis who had received orders to notify the ship's AI System immediately upon arrival. He reported in, "YSS Akuro AI, Santo Hei Lucias Micaelis reporting and awaiting orders from Officer assigned."
As the AI acknowledged his order to alert the assigned Officer, Lucias strode over to the nearest corridor entrance. The loading dock was noisy and busy. He figured one less person to get in the way would only help the ship's operations out a bit.
In the corridor he waited wearing a standard issue uniform and the standard issue Type 28A Service Pistol holstered at his right side and diamond blade on the left. There he stood waiting orders as to where he was to meet with a commanding officer for assignment.

Sitting at a data-input center, Akina sighed whistfully. "Ah, finally another formati-" she was cut off by the AI,

"Ma'am, Santo Hei Micaelis has arrived on board. His orders are to report to you." the AI finished in a drone. The Shosa wrinkled her nose a bit.

"Me? Well...fine. Send him to briefing room three." Reaching for a padd, she pulled up the soldier's information. I simply must find a better personnel staff.. she pondered, a tad annoyed. I can use the break anyway. she thought, walking down the corridor towards a lift with the data padd in hand.

"Santo Hei Micaelis. Please report to briefing room three. You will report to Shimizu Shosa for assignment. That is all." came the notice from the hall. The passing crew didn't even look at the Geshrin armor pilot.

Finally arriving in the empty room, Akina sat at the end of the table, and crossed her legs. The First Officer adjusted the position of the holster belt fastened to her skirt uniform, before reviewing the man's data once more.

The message to report to Briefing Room Three sounded in the hallway. Dufflebag in hand, as he didn't have quarters as of yet, he strode down the hallways. Using what knowledge he had of this ship type and asking the occasional crew-mate Lucias made his way to Briefing Room 3.
Outside the room he removed his standard issue pistol and unloaded the cartridge. After re-holstering the piece, Lucias entered the Briefing Room. With a few strides he made it to the opposite end of the table where he set down the duffle-bag and saluted the Shosa. "Santo Hei Lucias Micaelis, Pilot, reporting as ordered, Ma'am." Hand was brought back down to his side at attention and he stood rigid and sharp, his stance at Attention was text-book and one could notice by the sharp curve of his spine and the stern look upon his face.

"At ease." Akina replied calmly. "Take your seat." she motioned with her head to the red-uniformed armor pilot. Waiting a moment as she did, she read his data. "Congratulations. You've been selected to test a new extended training program for power armor pilots. I am Shimizu Akina, first officer of the Akuro. Your assignment will be with Delta Wing. When they return from their training mission you'll have a chance to meet them before the next mission begins." she paused, glancing at the padd she'd brought along.

"Your quarters are #300-A03. Your bunkmate will be Santo Hei Kuroi Bishop, also with Delta Wing. Good luck. You are dismissed." she nodded to the man, remaining seated herself.

Lucias stood at ease but replied, "I'll stand, Ma'am." He was much to anxious to get situated and on the move to sit down. He listened as the Akina spoke with intent, he wanted the word of perfection spoken at every footstep. Everything said was committed to memory so that he wouldn't forget a thing. When Akina was finished speaking Lucias saluted her and stood back at attention saying, "Yes, Ma'am." Dropping his arm tightly to his side he bent at the knees and picked up the dufflebag on the ground. An about-face would allow him to exit the room and head off to find his quarters.

Jaq walked tirelessly around the crew compartment of the transport that he was currently aboard. He had been waiting for a long time to finally get off world and go to new places and finally he could. Although he did not truly like being in space the thought of leaving for a whole other planet shoved this into the back of his mind.

one of the crew walked out of the cockpit over to Jaq

"We have around 5 minutes left until arrival could you please just sit down?"

"Yea, sorry about that I'm just kind of nervous. You know the whole thing about meeting a new CO and changing your squadron and all that jazz"

"Umm.... 'All that jazz'? "

"It's an old saying..... you've never heard it before?"

"No but could you just sit down, the last few minutes are always the most turbulent and although I have faith in our pilot you never know...."

"Now those are words to heed" Jaq said as he sad down in his car and strapped him self in.

-shortly-

as the transport docked with the flag ship there was a slight thud followed by the hiss of air rushing in-between the two craft. Before the crew man could come back and tell Jaq that he should gather his things up Jaq was standing right in front of the airlock door waiting to be let out like a dog waits to be let out.

"You seem a bit TOO eager"

"That maybe so...."

the crew man opened the door and Jaq said good bye and hopped out of the transport into the YSS-Akuro.

"humm, what to do now?" Jaq said to him self looking at a data pad with his standing orders on it:

Quote:
Orders...

1. Report to the YSS-Akuro (NF-X5-01). You may catch transport onboard Oberon Transport Allegra which will be leaving Yamatai at 13:50hrs today.

2. Upon arrival you are assigned to crew quarters #240-D15. You may ask the AI for directions if need be.

3. You have been assigned to Delta Wing. Please attend Diner Briefing for Mission 002

Signed,

SHÔSHÔ MOTOYOSHI KATSUKO
YSS-AKURO
5th EXPEDITIONARY FLEET

"Oh! AI could you please tell The Shosho that I have arrived. Also could you possibly give me a little map to room #240-D15 on my data pad? ......There we go and off I go to my new home."

"The ShoSho is not availible for contact. It appears she has locked out internal communication to her current position to priority one only. Welcome aboard the Akuro. I am sure the commanding officers will be with you shortly. An invitation to dinner is waiting in your room." (See Mission 002 post)

The AI trailed off, the map coming up on his pad.

Breathing heavily Brinn straped himself in and awaited the imminent takeoff. 'Damn, I cant believe I almost missed my transport', he thought angrily. His first official orders had arrived only days ago. He was so excited to finally be going into space. With that thought the Shipiro began its liftoff and was soon traveling through the stars.

As the transport docked with the YSS-Akuro Brinn grabbed his duffel and tried to mentally ready himself for what was ahead of him. This was the start of his new life, as soon as he stepped onboard. As the doors opened and he was about to step out someone pushed him from behind. Brinn promptly found himself face down on hte floor."Yah, watch it buddy!?" he said as he propped himself up looking for who knocked him over but no luck. 'Well that was a rather inauspicious start to my Star Army career.' Sighing he gets to his feet, adjusts his uniform and makes his way twords his new quarters,#240-D15. Before coming onboard he had revewed several schematics for this class of ship and had a fairly good idea of where his room was located and how to get around. Hed also taken special care to note where the main computer core was located as well as many of the more promonent remote access substations.

"AI this is Santo Hei Brinn Fujioka reporting to the YSS-Akuro. I am currently headed twords my quarters please tell me if I take a wrong turn. I was told that you would provide me with more details regarding my assignment here. Also is there any other designation by which I may address you? AI seems rather unimagative if you dont mind me saying so." Brinn says with a grin as he turns a corner overjoyed at the prospect of working with such an advanced computer system.

" I have not yet been customized to that function." The AI responded as it directed Brinn to his room by flashing icons on the corridors.

Inside his quarters, the following message waited for him:

Please report to the Officer's Dining Hall for a special dinner at 18:00 hours. A debriefing from Delta Mission 01 and a briefing for all 5th fleet personnel regarding the next part of our mission will be given after the meal.

Dress uniforms are required.

SHOSHO MOTOYOSHI KATSUKO

(Invitation to the JP on Thursday night at 9PM EST, report any scheduling issues in the OOC thread)

Jatsu looked over his briefing as his transport headed toward the YSS-Akuro. "My first mission and I'm already late," he thought. "I wish this transport would hurry up...I don't want to be too late..."

When the transport docked with the Akuro, Jatsu grabbed his bag and ran out into the ship. "AI, this is Santo Hei Kimura Jatsu reporting in. Please direct me to crew quarters #245-D11. Also, as I head to my room please tell me your name and specifications so I can have an idea of who I'll be working with," Jatsu said, then started running toward his room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back