• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Character Fleshmender Tsura Four Two 42-9518-6673

*Peeks at the character* Yay! I was afraid you were going to do something wierd.

Anyways, HI ANGEL! *Tackles* How nice of you to join me. ^.^

Thanks for the welcome! I've been going over the forums, and it looks like there's been some kind of invasion/ forced assimilation of the Freespacers? I wasn't able to find anything about it in the Free State forum, though, and there isn't anything about it in the wiki. Could someone link me to the posts about it, so I can know if I need to edit my bio?

Not really an invasion force. There was an incident where the Star Army of Yamatai obliterated and/or captured a large number of Free State assets in the central region (mostly, just Halna, Freehold and the Great Lighthouse). There are also a large number of refugees and immigrants in Nepleslian space (alliances do that) and PoWs in Yamatai space.

Is there a post where this happened? Given that the wiki has population numbers for the Free State, are there any estimates for how many died/are refugees/are under occupation?

Reading through the "What's the status of the Free State" thread, it's hard to really come by a good sense of how many motherships are left, though Wes did say there are some.

Um, just to say something, Automata are type-fours. A type three is still a living fleshling.

Unless there have been subtypes of automata created that is.
<_<

Wiki Entry on Type Threes

Apparently there are Type Two and Type Three Automatons, as well as Type Fours (who seem to be somehow different). It was a bit difficult to see what the difference is between a Type Two or Type Three Automaton and a Type Four, but I think it indicates an Automaton that was created with the digitized brain pattern of a Type Two or Three.

I think it's a valid species listing, since the section on Freespacer demographics separate each Type into living and automaton for the number of them there are. Though, it would be nice to have a better sense of what differentiates automatons and synthetic intelligences.

I'm hoping to apply to the Yggdrasil plot with Otomo Suzune. There are openings there for a technician and a medic.

If I can't get into the Yggdrasil, I was probably going to mostly play in the Nepleslian and Freespacer forums, writing posts of the collected culture and practices of her dying race while trying to raise awareness of what happened to the Free State.

Well, with that in mind then!

Type threes are still human, as that is still more or less what Freespacers are. Which is a bit of a big thing considering all of this, Mm?

I'm going to assume though that it will be Type four, the robotic kind, instead of Type three.

Based on how very different Autoz' can be the description needs to be improved significantly. Or at least more precise.

Personality is fine.

History I am slightly iffy about for some reason, however it will do.

Skills...

... Ah...

Skills are fan-fucking-tasic! A cookie for you!

Inventory needs some synax fixing... But fine.

I'll make a note; I'm not a Freespacer person. As much as I wanted to be, I never actually got a charrie in to look into stuff. The creator and head of the race has also left the site for various reasons, leaving mostly Della the top 'Spacer person.

Della, you posted here. Is everything above noted passable?

Fix the above and then post in this topic when ready for another look.

Actually, Type Three automata are "human", or rather, "freespacer" only in mind: their bodies are completely robotic.
You're thinking of Type Fours.

Type Two and Type Three both have Freespacers (biological with implants) and Automata (robotic). Type Fours are all hybrid.

Updated Bio

I've added to the physical description section, reformatted the inventory section, and that's about it. If you can give me some feedback on what to change in history, I'll be happy to tweak that around, too!

Angelic_Crux said:
Wiki Entry on Type Threes

Apparently there are Type Two and Type Three Automatons, as well as Type Fours (who seem to be somehow different). It was a bit difficult to see what the difference is between a Type Two or Type Three Automaton and a Type Four, but I think it indicates an Automaton that was created with the digitized brain pattern of a Type Two or Three.

I think it's a valid species listing, since the section on Freespacer demographics separate each Type into living and automaton for the number of them there are. Though, it would be nice to have a better sense of what differentiates automatons and synthetic intelligences.

I think that might have been a typo that put "Type Three Freespacers" and "Type Three Automata".

https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=fr ... ers#castes

What I got from the list on the above linked page is that the Types are like a gradient: Type one, is natural (and extinct). Type two is also all-flesh, but more of a servant-type. Type three is cybernetic to whatever degree the person wants. Type four can be either slave (computer-brained and controlled) automata (based on the appearance of some non-sentient automata on Cirrus) or independent (fleshy-brained, either by converting neural patterns into programming or actual fleshy-brain inside a totally mechanical shell)

Type Fours are effectively human brains that have been transplanted into a mechanical body. The brain is hooked up to a complete computer system and partner AI, vastly increasing mental capabilities several times over. But to the horrific nature of having one's entire body removed, only the most serious minded and strongest willed volunteer for this upgrade.

Type fives are all Syntelligences created by converting neural patterns into programming. When someone upgrades to being an SI, they become too big to be held by anything less than a ship-board computer network.

EDIT: I just finished looking it over and it looks good. I did notice that it lacks a Mindware skill. Every 'Spacer has one installed, and I was wondering if Tsura was isolated from the Polysentience when she was taken as payment...if she was, how did that affect her?

From Dream Zero-Zero's bio said:
Mindware

Dream uses her cybernetic brain implant for the usual things: to participate in the Free State's digital democracy, exchanging, uploading and downloading information, and recording her memories for her future reincarnation. She also has the equivalent of a huge medical encyclopedia stored in her memory. Plus, Dream pursues a number of mad project and theories regarding Polysentience's potential for further evolution.

I wasn't quite sure where to put the Mindware. Should it take up its own skill slot, or would it go into another? Technology Operation? Communications?

If I need to remove Domestic for the Mindware, I will, but I'll be a little sad to see it go.

Looking over your skills again, it seems like Arts and Humanities could be combined. Frees up a slot for you, and you get to keep everything : )

In fact, you don't have to change the title heading of "Arts and Vocations". All you need is to copy the text from "Humanities" and place it before the text you have in "A&V"; I think you'll find it flows rather well together.

Art and Vocations
Tsura's hobby is in sociological and anthropological studies. While her personal focus was on the way that Type Two subculture developed and influenced Freespacer culture as a whole, she is well-versed general theories of societal development and human behavior. As well, her interest in the worldview of Type Twos caused her to research other philosophies with an emphasis on self-denial and a communal ethos.

Studying from the Type Twos, who often learn to decorate their spacesuits with all manner of paints and logos, Tsura became an accomplished painter herself. Her talent lies more in graphic design and layout than in technical mastery, however. She mostly prefers to work with letters, symbols, and abstract designs with a focus on use of color. Her body is rarely free of various symbols and markings, except when she has just finished being maintained.

It also makes sense because both things are her hobby, though the anthropological studies are normally considered a vocation anyway.

And in response to your earlier posts about Freespacer status, Wesley and Jess got into an argument about something off the forum and, being, well, Wes, our chief admin basically blew the happy horse shit out of the Freespacers.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back