• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Character Fleshmender Tsura Four Two 42-9518-6673

As true as it may be, there are better ways of describing that, Cipher.

I've heard, yeah, Wes and Strangelove (aka Jess) got into an OOC discussion or argument and next thing anyone knows is that the Yamatians got some obscure intelligence that claims the Free State was making deals with the Mishhu (the arch-enemies of the Yamatians and Nekos). What actually happened was, since the Free State is not one cohesive "government" but a...well, a sort of collective, without the loss of free will...a member of the Hacker Cult was the one who contacted the Mishhu of his own volition. The ensuing conversation ended with the Mishhu recommending the Hacker steal some info from the Yamatians, which was interpreted by the evesdropping Yamatians to mean the Freespacers were going to attack Yamatai. Yes, a major leap of illogical proportions, but the Yamatians are not known for their "let's wait and see" policy.

Jess was so appalled at the scale of the Yamatians' preemtive strike on the Free State that she left the RP for good it seems.

Casualties:
Two planets nearly wiped clean of Freespacer presence, numerous motherships destroyed along with their genebanks, which cripples the Freespacer ability to procreate very, very much by draining their metaphorical gene pool. One other planet nearly destroyed altogether (the Freehold Factory), since it is the main production facility for the Free State. Many Freespacers were captured and were said to be used in trying to hack the Polysentience. No further information has been given on those since Jess left; though Wes was trying to rationalize that the captured 'Spacers were "enjoying their new life on Yamatai".

[/strained attempt at mostly objective situation description...]

Thanks for the synopsis! As much as the OOC stuff around it may be interesting, I was really just looking for the IC information on it, since it seems a little scattered about. Still, I'm managing to piece things together!

I guess at this point I should stop posting and just wait for confirmation.

The Mishhu/Freespacer meeting
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1103

The "Battle" of the Great Lighthouse
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1777

Various news-style posts about the Halna incident and the Lighthouse attack:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1657
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1658
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1662
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1670
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1750
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1751
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1752
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1775

A few other newsposts from both sides can be found on this page of the News Network forum: viewforum.php?f=5&st=0&sk=t&sd=d&start=25

Yeah, ever since then I've been acting as an unofficial GM of sorts answering to freespacer-related questions and stuff, being one of the few active freespacer players and having worked alongside Jess for a while on the 'spacers.
I hope the Free State will get a GM soon and start working again as a minor faction, because there are lots of things to do: clear the situation of the prisoners in Yamatai (which I sincerely doubt that are happy with their current situation, and might well all have died from solitude or madness, either for being severed from Polysentience by the Yamatai, or severing themselves to protect the Free State with the usual Freespacer sense of collectivism and self-sacrifice) conclude the diplomatic talks with Nepleslia, possibly reactivate their capacity of reproducing sexually to increase their numbers, rebuilding what has been destroyed, move the Free State further from Yamatai borders, things like that.

Do do do...

Yeah, Freespacers have had a negative history... Well liked by players without any expectations last I checked, though. :lol:

Anyway, congratulations; You have a better bio then many veterans do when they make a character.

You get a cookie.

Enjoy the cookie while looking at this probably horrible green text. This character is approved, as that is what green shaded text means, and can be used for IC use. Remember, however, Freespacer culture; Radically different from the majority of the IC space.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back