• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Approved Submission FSCorp fleets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rizzo

Submission Type: Fleet Registry
Template Used: Free form charts
Submission WIP URL:https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=wip:corp:fscorp:fscorp_fleets#trade_fleet
Submission Destination URL:https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=corp:fscorp:fscorp_fleets#trade_fleet

Faction:
FM Approved Yet? Yes, myself
Faction requires art? No, but I may add pics anyway.

@CadetNewb a while back I had included the 6 Caravan heavy freighters in a thread. They are the foundation of FLS, I would like your blessing to continue using them.

@Zack I know I'm already permitted but I would like permission here to incorporate C5 drones, broadsword cruisers, and U1s.

Who runs Zen Arms? I have an Alligator on the list I wanted to have permission to use.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
How can the Frontier Service Corporation have the following assets...
...when the manufacturer of those assets, USO, has (according to the numbers listed here, here, and here) a deficit - as in, it somehow has more starships then it could have possibly built given the times listed here - of 13 Broadsword-class Light Cruisers and 218 C5b Drones?
This is pertinent to the topic.

So even if these things count against USO's buildup limit, it's essentially up to @Wes at this point to say yes (which kind of happened when he approved the submission) or revise his take on the article.
This is also pertinent.

By owning the biggest class of spacebound shipyards available on the market and filling it with people who's focus is to build ships... stealing Kuvexian manufacturing technology helps automate many processes too.

Plus, FSCorp is not the USO.

Additionally every ship is named, with a named NPC captain, which is far more detail than most people provide. That should count for something.
This was one of the responses (without the vitriol)

Those shipyards, are they currently building ships based on military buildup times?
Ame asked this.

Theoretically they could probably go faster. It's a massive station filled with SARP-tech, the same station OI uses to generate thousands of ships, idk. There aren't any numbers I can use for reference to the station besides that chart, but I didn't use it. It's simply a massive station built for mass production.
This was another (again without the vitriol)
The buildup limitations are intended for nation states, not for their subordinate organizations such as corporations.
Zack had this to chip in.

And most of the rest was loads of disrespectful garbage, which was aired, and reciprocated. As I can see within the context of this thread, FrostJaeger did not start being antagonistic, pointed out a point of reasonable concern, and only got snappy against much more antagonistic responses.

Wes was already tagged by Raz. If Wes wants to reconsider matters regarding those ship numbers, he'll be able to swing back and comment on them. In the meantime, I'm locking this thread. If you don't hear from Wes again, assume it's because he's fine with this state of affair.

Frankly, I'm not too fond of this resolution so far because it default in having people I've found acting super disrespectful win their point. No matter how justified the concerned parties might be, you stoop to a level that makes you wrong.

But my role here isn't to be fair, it's to keep the peace and stop this trainwreck. So, stop it I will.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back