Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: 188604 [Garts] Technically we're being diplomatic

• Thread starter Thread starter Zack
  • Start date Start date
Z

Zack

About three weeks after the events on B7R...

Uso had sent a message to everyone,

You Guys,

The garts are getting a diplomatic thing together and I've got it on good authority that we need to go check it out. Anyone who wants to tag along make your way to the Queen's Slave. We'll be heading out around noonish our time.​

Whoever wanted to show up was welcome to, and soon the ship was on its way to the Gart space station, at which point Uso sent another message,

Also,

Garts are those reverse jointed humanoids that landed a while back. Maybe don't bring that up just yet. These aren't those garts they are different garts.​

Queen's Slave

Sasha was reading Uso's message again, just to help her remember why she was back on Queen's Slave.

" Diplomat....I should've brought my shotgun.. "

She slowly looked at her watch to check what time it was, and began to whistle while standing in the bridge.

"You can't shoot your way through diplomacy," Uso called out as the ship made its way towards one of the docking ports on the Gart space station. "But, really, we're just getting a feel for the place before we try and do any diplomatizing.

Though, really, I think what we are doing would be lobbying?"

" Well, nobody actually knows if shotgun would be allowed in diplomacy... So what are we trying to achieve with this visit then? "

She walked to Uso's side, asking her bunch of other questions while at it.

Commander Vals -- Stood on the stations Promenade over seeing the adjustments to the newly built Niburu. She was was less then pleased to be standing here on this station at this very moment. This was Redak's job. He was appointed to this position him self, yet he saw fit to delegate this....duty to her. D'jehendrazade was her ship and her home. This station was a thing for aliens. She was no diplomat and surely did not wish to issue out commands in the name of her mentor with out his direct say so. Yet she couldn't help but understand that Redak did this as a bit of a compliment to her. It was his way of saying that he had faith in her judgment.

Yet she watched as the mixtures of workers and builder's moved about the vast open space that was to become the new Bazaar. Nepleslians, Yamatians, Gartagens, and any other species that wished to be apart of this place could come. Redak's orders for its administration as its newly appointed military governor were pretty straight forward. Don't let the station fly apart. All are welcome. All may speak. But she had a lot of power. D'jehendrazade was gone, but a Trio of battle cruiser's with their picket was in orbit and under her command via proxy to Redak. The Empress even had her seal attached to this station meaning that Her orders by way of Redak came directly from the Gartagen empress. It terrified her. She the authority out here to do what ever she wished.

Vals turned from her thoughts. SHe changed her view to the unloading tunnel where fresh passengers were leaving their transports to get settled in.

Jack stood at attention on the bridge of the Queen's Slave in his new black and red dress uniform as Sasha approached Uso with questions. He had received the message sent out, and thought it would be interesting to see how the higher ups worked. He waited patiently as the ship drew closer to the station.

"... you know you don't have to stand at attention..." Uso said as the ship finished its docking process on autopilot, "... Well... you didn't have to. Now we have to walk so you've got to stay on your feet. Come on lets go,"

Uso would make her way towards the station, stepping out of the Queen's slave and through the connection made to the space station as she made her way towards...

"... So I don't know where we're going but that's ok. The goal here is to get a feel for the station. The garts want to use this place for some pretty heavy diplomacy and we need to get a finger on that if we're going to keep our planet.

That means getting a feel for this place.

Not that I know what I'm looking for, so just... take in the sights."

"Yes, mam.", Jack said as he followed Uso at a brisk pace, the metal collar for the enviro-suit underneath his dress clothing catching the lights in the docking connection.

"Will we be speaking as well, or are we here more for intimidation value?", he asked casually as they wandered the corridors.

" Getting a feel for this place.... "

Sasha watched as Jack joined them, then slowly walked behind Uso and Jack, entering the station.

Sasha looked around, with her hand close to her SiZi holster, then talked to Uso.

" Shouldn't we then plant some bugs? "

"Hmpf,"

Uso seemed displeased at the suggestion they should be planting bugs.

"No,"

For just a moment it seemed like Uso might be about to give a moral lecture,

"I mean, I didn't bring any and I didn't really think about it. Bonus points on you for having that consideration... We probably should be setting up some long term presence here... but really we are here on the up and up. Just casing the joint for the time being... seeing what is here, who is here, and trying to decide just what we want to do with this space.

And lets be honest here

Right now the two of you are just mooks. I don't really know your names. If you turn out to be important I'll probably start calling you something... Did we get new uniforms or did you make that yourself?" Uso ended up asking.

"Custom made, the outer uniform I had made by a tailor in Osman, and the suit underneath is a modified version of our flight suits. Speaking of bugs, if we comeback at a later date, we could have Kine hack their systems and give us a back door.", Jack said taking the description of "mook" as a wound to his professional integrity, though he did not let it show.

"I was planning on submitting the design for the rest of the Sky Guard, but if you wish, I will send it to Ragnarok. They certainly would like the fact that it's bullet proof.", he continued as they continued their unguided tour.

"Don't go overboard with hacking things, we want to be good guests... until we decide to not be that." Uso said, "Though, you should get it ready for mass deployment... people love their dress uniforms... Hey, lets try this. Go find someone who is in charge here. We should be flagging down a gart and asking for the tour."

" So, we just look around then. "

Sasha slowly looked around.
She seemed to be impressed with the interior as she spoke.

" Nice place, it would be a shame if we had to shoot guns in here or blow it up......."

"OK ok I get it... Lets go find some place that sells Gart-guns." Uso said, "... Wait till we get home to play with them though."

Jack looked between the two, one eyebrow raised in curiosity and confusion, "I guess I've always wanted one of their battle rifles and a Sheshka. Should I go ahead and track down a tour guide though?"

Uso nodded,

"Do the thing. This is doubling as basic training for societal operations for you two...

well, mostly you.

I am going to be happy with shoots-to-kill over here so long as we can get out of this without her actually shooting someone."

As she spoke, Uso continued to walk through the station. The Bazaar may have felt a bit weird to those used to Yamatain shoping... but compared to 188604 it was quite familiar. Merchants were out with kiosks full of all kinds of wares, exotic powders, foods, a few may even have weapons or other gear should the group start investigating.

A Gartagen merchant was setting up a store. It wasn't quite as elaborate as say a Nepleslian gunstore. The Gartagens didn't privatize weapons manufacturing. However an enterprising Gartagen could be a vendor for Union Engineers and sell permitted weapons.

Uso would see a large "Try me sign" next to a stand with the Edjia Smart Rifle set up.

Inside the small one room were suleo xraser rifles, pistols, Edjia rifles lined the wall, as did a case of Gauss revolvers.

There was even a kiosk displaying some of the heavier guns.

" Societal operations? I get the word 'operation' but what's societal? "

Sasha asked Uso as she walked beside the Uso, before stopping at Gartagen merchant. Sasha glanced at what the merchant was offering, then quickly turned as she saw various weapons.

" Does your societal operation also includes getting familiar with local merchants? "

She slowly turned to Uso as she spoke.

The Gartagen setting up the shop smiled at the observer. He was a short plump creature, and his peach colored skin only showed on moon like face. His eyes were almost consumed by fat. A diamond encrusted nose ring was attached to a chain that vanished into the tendrils that framed his face.

"Ah. My first customers." He called out from behind the display case. He touched the tips of his claws together.

"I will grant 50% discount on any purchase we make today." He said smiling showing a mouth filled with platinum covered fangs.

"You need weapon? Pistol? Rifle? Heeaaavy rifle" as he spoke his hands danced to each item in the shop. "Anti armor?" He added pointing to the maser bazooka behind him.

"Do you wish to test?"

"Our weapons are not sophisticated like the yamatians, but we sell them to outsiders. Or weapons are not made with haste as the NAM does. We make up for quantity with quality. And will sell quantity too. Rogo is here to help you with your...needs."

He steepeled his claw tipped hands once more. His platnum encrusted claws flashed as the dim light of the store hit them.

Uso nodded,

"Yes it does, forging relationships with them will be important. You may want to check out what they offer if you buy in bulk. Just... uh... don't test anything ON people if you can help it."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back