Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: 188604 [Garts] Technically we're being diplomatic

• Thread starter Thread starter Zack
  • Start date Start date
"Oooou. A Ssssheshka." He said annunciating the words.

Pogo moved to the back wall where several sheshka were on display. "Finest melee weapon for the solder eh?" Pogo brought one and it's leather sheath to Jack."mono-blade, as well as monomicular knitting for parrying plasma and zesu blade. Also vibro system to sheer through even the firmest armor system. This one is made of Bronzium Kalsuun. The most beautiful metal"

Indeed the bronze color of the blade glittered due to its fine construction. "A bit flashy, would you prefer a Sarquahi blade? Most expensive. But nearly indestructible..." Pogo was already reaching for a much less magnificent looking blade. It was on the wall. It had a wood hilt, and a simple warm white blade.

"Same set up, as other merely twice as expensive, and not as beautiful." He winked at Sasha as he said "beautiful".

Sasha looked at the bracelet, her eyes widened as she never saw such a beautiful bracelet like this.

She slowly shook her head as she spoke to Pogo.

" I...I can't take this. After the discount you have me for such a perfect gun.. "

Then as she saw Pogo's wink, Sasha placed a small, yet an actual smile on her face.

Jack looked over both blades, admiring their lethal beauty, it was a tough decision.

"Hmm, they are very well made, but I think I will stick with the first as it is more my style. And your selection of battle rifles sir?" He said still looking over the Sheshka lying in front of him before looking back at the merchant.

Nosves laughed in delight as she saw the barely-clothed servants come out and fix a table and food, taking up a lot of room. "Now...you always have everything when we need it, don't you?" She said to Pogo, going over and ripping off a piece of burger and examined it. "You normally wouldn't be able to take up this space like this....but I will let it slide this time." She said, smiling to him as she ate the piece of burger. Once again she walked up beside Sasha. "That is beautiful, he must really like you." the ambassador said, returning to the food and ripped another piece of the burger off.

"I do indeed like her Sai Ambassador. Pogo is prepared for every occasion." He said not taking the heavier Sarquahi blade off its hanger.

He then moved over to the rifle wall and gingerly grabbed the Suleo XRASER rifle. He brought it over to jack and held it demonstrating the weapon. "Suleo XRASER rifle. Semi automatic single shot mode. 200 round battery power pack. Light weight carbine build. Excellent for right quarters. Fires a single X-ray laser beam power squeeze of the trigger. Standard line sight. Also has camera system and built in flash light. Secondary fire mode fires a heavy charged beam for cracking armor."

He handed he weapon to jack to inspect. "It is dummy proof and requires little attention and maintenance. For the professional soldier..."

Pogo pulled out a wooden rifle case and opened it. Jack would see a larger edjia battle rifle. "Gauss rifle. Battery operated. Fires 10mm antimatter tipped caseless rounds. Automatic and semi automatic action. Standard ACOG sight and HUD interface. Newer. Not as sophisticated as a Yamataian toaster. But needs more attentions. A professionals weapon."

Sasha's cheek got more red as she heard ambassador and Pogo, as she tried not to blush.

" W- Well...I am glad he does... But still...I'm not the one to decide if I stays here..."

Her smile got more bigger as she watched Pogo demonstrating what he had to offer, while rubbing her other hand on the bracelet.

Jack looked over both rifles slowly, taking in every detail, enjoying the craftsmanship.

"Would it be possible to either get an edjia battle rifle with a flash, or an attachable one?"

Pogo's platinum enameled hand tacked a switch on the edjia rifle. A flash light came to life. "Comes with. Standard issue. Bulbless so it never need replacement."

"Garretagen weapons are not Yamataian or Nepleslian. Need little servicing. Reliable. Hard to break"

As Sasha watched Jack and Pogo, she paid close attention to weapons Pogo was presenting to Jack endlessly.

" Quite weapons you have around here... "

She smiled, not small and actual smile as she spoke to Pogo, while looking around for more weapons that he had displayed.

" But do you have anything with bullets? "

Pogo touched his talons together and feigned thinking. "Special price for bringing pogo such the lovely" he said smiling at Sasha once more.

"Pogo will sell you the rifle for 1500 ks. Pogo like you friend. Her smile. For this Pogo give you the Sheshka."

He said this to Sasha. Smiling warmly at her and pushing the blade to Jack. He then motioned Jack to apply his finger print to have the funds removed.

"If any problem with weapons purchased at Pogo's Combat Haberdashery please return, will replace for free. Life time warranty is stipulated in instruction manual, is downloadable."

"My dear, we Gartagens do not use bullets. It's throwing rocks. Pogo's Combat Haberdashery is not antique museum you see. If you wish for this, NAM, Still sells rock throwers." He said with a chuckle. "This pogo does not recommend"

Jack applied his finger print, transferring the funds, before shaking hands with the merchant.

"Pleasure doing business with you, I look forward to using these in the field."

Jack now carrying the newly purchased weapons finally brought his attention to the table and people that had appeared earlier, he was unsure of what to do. so he only retook his place by Uso, waiting for orders.

" Oh....You just can't stop being so sweet with your words and kindness.... "

Shasha smiled then spoke to Pogo as Jack walked to Uso.
She then slowly walked to the side of him, still smiling. An rare actual, and big smile, with her face actually red as cherry.

" I just hope you aren't married... I don't want you to get in trouble. "

"Pogo will remain unmarried if the beauty commands it. " he said smiling at her as she walked away. She was strong. Thick. Pogo loved seeing her smile and couldn't help fantasize for a moment about being entangled in her. "And yes it was a pleasure kind sir." A ring hand came out and shook jacks on. "Please like us on space book, refer to friends. Pogo give discount on next purchase."

He then pointed to a Holovideo of a gartagen trooper demonstrating the edjia rifle. The report was shrill electronic chatter, that was rather pleasurable to the ear. As opposed to the sudden crack of a bullet being fired.

" Well, nice to hear... You may stay unmarried."

Sasha spoke, in a tone of joking. She stood beside Pogo then watched the Holovideo, interested and amazaed by the demonstration of what can the lazor weapons, or as she usually called, the 'toy rifle', can do.

Nosves was still at the table, picking off pieces of the burger and eating it as they finished up their business. "Thank you for helping out new guests, Pogo." She said, finishing her meal. "Make sure you get this out of the corridor before someone complains." She added, walked towards Jack and Sasha.

Pogo looked around. There was the promenade. An area for a display case.

The ship it self was a large open room with its various displace cases and weapons on its walls. Even an Edjia armor on a dummy with a rifle.

"Uh corridor Sai? You confouse poor Pogo."

Nosves sighed. "I am sorry Pogo, my....terminology is not the greatest in this language." She said, looking around. "The Promenade is it?" She continued, looking around.

"Yes." He noted "I selected this store because it came with an exterior display shelf. Pogo can not remove it. It is built in to the promenade"

RPG-D RPGfix
Back