• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: 188604 [Garts] Technically we're being diplomatic

Pogo added in a soft voice "if Sal ambassador commands Pogo will...move his Combat Haberdashery to another more subtle location...."

Nosves laughed. "No Pogo, your absolutely fine. I meant move the food....some people may say it is unsanitary to have food beside guns. We do not want that." She said, running her hand across the display case. "The Combat Haberdashery is exactly where it should be." She added, smiling.

"Indeed Sai" he shifted eyes to his servants. "Please move the tables and food to a more aesthetic location."

"Yes Sai Pogo" the gartagen girl said. The servants soon got to work relocating the food.

"Yeah, nice to meet you too," Uso replied to the Gartagen abassador, quite happy to stay out of her subordinates ways as they started to explore what the station had to offer.

As the scene played out, Uso was quietly watching, taking in the dynamics of the group, getting an idea for just who these people were.

Pogo was easy... and fun... the classic salesman looking to loss lead on some mooks to get a sweeter deal with their fearless leader. He'd probably be on the payroll soon...

... and Nosves... Gartagen... concerned about the sanitaryness of guns... dressed like a Nepleslian in winter. Prude. Abmassador. Calling her out on it would very much upset her and deshevling the abassador wouldn't really lead Uso towards anything she wanted... not that there was a decision there to be made for Uso. Even as the thought crossed her mind she was already moving in to provoke and confront!

"Oh come on, Pogo's just being a gracious host." Uso said, sliding up beside Nosves and sliding her arm across the Ambassador's lower back, pulling her in close as she came up towards the table, going from a distant participant in these events to one that was close enough to Nosves to imply some more intimate familiarity, "I'm sure you can let him use the space for a little while. There's plenty of room here and I don't really feed my mooks that well. Getting a good burger back home is harder than you'd think... Maybe there's a more in depth deal worth looking at here? How much pull does Pogo have back home?"

Pogo's eyes flashed. He did know who was in charge of these people. But he knew if he could cut a good deal for them more would come. But that brazen attitude. The confidence. It was one who was in charge. One who could give Pogo money to buy things for the beauty. As Pogo observed Uso Tasuki his enameled talons closed in close to his face. He sensed ambition. Or at the very least somebody who was bored and trying to be less bored. Either way, It mean't a pay day for Pogo.

Pogo spoke before the Ambassador could. "Ay, Sai Ambassador, more beautiful friends yes? Pogo has a Vendor's license from Union Engineers. Pogo is also a member of the Union Trade Authority. Pogo can not only sell Union weapons. Pogo can....have vast quantities of them moved....in rapid order."

Nosves sighed, "Take some food, I am not stopping you, but it can't stay out here on the counter. " She said, looking at Pogo. "Yes, this is Miss Tasuki, USO Tasuki." Nosves added, peering over to the woman her had her arm on her. "Pogo is one of the best gartagen merchants around this part of space.....I know you guys could use the weapons. If needed I will even pay a few hundred credits of the first order. To start our new friendship on the right foot." She finished, smirking at Pogo as she put her arm around uso's back as well. Pogo truly was one of the best negotiators in the station.

((OOC: Did this on mobile, excuse worse than normal typing...have a feeling I typed her ladt name wrong, excuse it please will fix tomorrow))

Uso grinned, she had Nosves well in hand, her reputation was proceeding her, and there were plenty of guns and money to be made.

"Mooks, do you see anything here that might work well as standard issue for your groups?" Uso asked, her attention turning to Pogo

"And you, how about moving objects other than guns? We've got cash in hand sure, but being able to sell our materials, tech, and manufactured gear in the union would facilitate a much larger purchase."

Uso gave the gart ambassador a squeeze

"And I'm sure I'll think of something to do with you."

"You mean like a trade pact?" Pogo said tapping his nails together.

"Yessssss Pogo can go this. Pgoo family trade ships can do this easily. So long as nothing illegal is sent...."

"We are entirely on the up and up!" Uso said, sounding nearly offended that he would suggest such a thing, "And we have a nearly limitless supply of plant based protein to move as well as a decent amount of technical designs. I'll get the list sent over to you.

I'm sure Pogo can find a healthy profit in there somewhere if Pogo wants."

"wait...please..." Tacticus whimpered in a whisper, more to himself than all the others who had been on the ship.

The Taurtron had been fixed, their destroyed arm was replaced and their front leg no longer locked up. Resulting in his suppose to be speed walking attempt to catch up, into more of a trot that allowed for him less steps to catch up to the group. His shirt had been replaced with a article of clothing, similar to that of a very old uniform coat piece. Though the nervous bot didn't really know what was going on. He had been allowed to tag along on this..whatever it was, Tacticus hadn't really questioned it. At first and out loud he hadn't. Most of the trip had him questioning this and why he was allowed to tag along.

Now was his chance though to ask as he spotted the others and slowed his steps. His long bushy tail was tucked beneath his legs as he approached them. However they were already in conversation with a vendor and he gave a small glance to em before raising his new hand, attempting to give a small tap on Uso's shoulder.

"Wh...what are we doing here...?" Tacticus stammered in a whisper to her.

(Zack said I could toss Tacticus in, so have a fixed nervous robot.)

Uso slowly leeaaaaaaned over towards Tacitus.

"We're casing this place...."

She whispered, pausing for a moment to see if Tacitus understood. Of course, Uso wasn't looking at Tacitus either as she had her eyes on Pogo. She realized she probably needed to add a bit more information in for him.

"... This is like... the pre-game to real diplomacy. We're getting an idea of what they got here, who to talk to, what the playing field is like. No pressure or anything just sorta... wander around and get a feel for this place."

"C...Casing?" Tacticus questioned, a confused look on his face.

Diplomacy...casing, the hadn't a clue what these really were. He never heard of the latter word but the previous word he heard of, something about peace being kept and a lot of talking. At her explanation, he got a small idea of it. Enough to where he figured asking more questions about it wouldn't really benefit himself or what Uso was doing.

"So...am I suppose to just...wander?" Tacticu added.

Uso nodded,

"Wander... talk to people... maybe see if Pogo here has what you need... I'll pick up the tab if you wanna buy something..."

"Need?" Tacticus repeated.

What did he need? Tacticus wasn't really sure if there was anything he wanted, did he want things? Well he wanted to be useful but...oh boy. This was hard. Taking a few steps away, he gave a unsure glance around and started to walk away. He was very noticeable though; besides tall, so it would be easy for Uso to possibly spot him in the crowd when their business was done. It was quite a busy place though, with various vendors. The taurtron glanced about with golden yellow eyes, taking note of all the buisness going on. Though, he found himself...at a further lose than earlier.

He'd eventually figure something out. There were plenty of vendors about right now, plenty of people trying to buy things. And where one was rather tall and had a long enough tail to go with said height, anything could happen. His tail slowly straightened out, though the bushy robotic tail swished to the right a bit too quickly, hitting the stall and causing a few things to be pushed off. A startled jump left Tacticus and he turned to look, noting a rather displeased vendor cursing under their breathe as they started to pick up the items.

"S...sorry, I can.." Tacticus started as he took a few steps toward em.

"Just go away, I can get it." the vendor replied.

Tacticus took a few slow steps back before bringing his tail closer to himself and grabbing hold it. Just to make sure he wouldn't accidentally hit something else as he started to move away.

" Heh....I'm pretty sure Pogo would actually want to pay 188604 a visit, see how he likes it there. Like, 'getting know about the place'? "

Sasha smirked as she spoke to Uso while looking at Pogo.

She then slowly turned her head to Tacticus, as she heard his voice.

" Wait, we got a robot? "

Not knowing the fact that Tacticus was always with them at the whole time, she looked at Tacticus, surprsied. She then watched him as he began to walk.

"Yeah I brought him along, he's mine. I bought a wrecked ship a while back and he happened to be included in the cargo. Myself, Isabelle, and Kine repaired him." Jack said looking towards Tacticus as the bot wandered around.

"His designation is Tacticus, he's agriculture model." he added hoping to further explain to Sasha.

Pogo touched the tips of his claws together and observed the group. Seriously observing them. They were a mismatched lot. No standardized gear, but clearly they had a chain of command. Good old Pogo had a pretty good wisdom rating and it did not take him long to come up with a handle or a pitch. "Pogo can provide excellent deal for weapons and armor. Pogo is even contemplating getting a vendors license to peddle Impulse Power Armor to any willing to trade." He said smirking.

"Lorath attack Gamjie recently. It was in news. Pogo had cousin on Gamjie. Died. Pogo very sad for this. Lots of hungry Orphans as result. Plant based protean bars could be made good supplement until food production is back on. USO wins again...." Pogo smirked. But he was ultimately a business man. "War is coming to Kikyo. Power vacuum, lots of military types skittering about....war means Pogo will need to try new business ventures with NEW associates...."

Tacticus paused, he was close enough to where he could hear Jack.

"Actually, Uso invited me along." Tacticus commented. "And you didn't fix me. Truffleclub and Uso did."

The bot waved to Sasha though he felt a bit stupid for speaking up. It was true though, Uso had taken him to Truffleclub and he had been talked into being repaired there. The fact that Jack didn't seem to notice these repairs had...irked the robot. Even with a new coat and a repaired arm the man showed no reaction.

"Yes, orphans, terrible thing that." Uso said, pausing for a moment to lean back towards her mook

"Guys... play nice. Taxi, you're doing fine. You can relax if you want."

Her attention would go back to Pogo

"Protein bars then? How many can you move?"

Uso asked

"Maybe we sell this to the union directly rather than a per unit price to the people yeah?

Either way, I'll make it rain food. Any amount. Any location. Even at your planetary scale... and fast..."

Uso was sure talking a big game. She figured she had people who could figure that out. After all how hard was it to get food and move it?

If Vier had been there, she might have told Uso to be less ambitious.

As Uso spoke Pogo looked at her. It wasn't at her hips, tits, or flat stomach as most men would. Pogo P'goo appreciated those things. It was the dollar sign symbols that left her mouth and surrounded her form.

Pogo smiled at this. He wasn't Vier. He was Pogo and Pogo was ambitious. "Pogo has access to Gartagen Merchantman star ship for all transporting neeedssss!"

"Pogo can move hundreds of tons even more with Pogo's friends....."

"This station....has waved taxation on Pogo. However with this sale Pogo will donate significantly the profits to Nibiru....and its Ambassador....for aid in the ease of transport."

Pogos blinked out grill sparkles as he smiled and touched his enameled talons together once more.

He then looked to Jack and Sasha. "Pogo will also supply weapons and arms to your soldiery. Even perhaps training...."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back