• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Character Gensai, Sachiko

Aendri

Inactive Member
Name: Gensai, Sachiko

General Information

Species: NH-29 Nekovalkyrja

Family / Creators: SAoY

Employer: SAoY
Current Assignment:

Physical Characteristics

Height: 5' 4
Weight: 91 lbs / 41.36 kg
Measurements: 36-24-36
Bra Size: 34B

Build and Skin Colour: Slight build, without much obvious muscle or toning. Slim, but curvaceous, with a lithe body. Caucasian skin, with very, very slight tanning.
Facial Features and Eye Colour: She has bright, almond shaped, aquamarine eyes, that always are happy and full of laughter. Her face is fairly standard, being slightly thinner with slightly less pronounced cheek bones.
Hair Colour and Style: She has long, jungle green hair, usually back behind her ears using hair clips. She generally just lets it hang down, but she takes great care of her hair, giving a full, healthy glow to it.

Distinguishing Features: Her hair is definitely not standard, and she is fairly tall for a neko. However, her body is quite slim for her height, giving her a slighter appearance than most nekos can claim to.

Psychological Characteristics

Personality:
She has a very bright, bouncy personality, always happy and upbeat. She tends to be the one in the group that gets excited about the smallest things, and will gladly take a fall to make someone laugh. She is a joker at heart, always finding new ways to make people laugh, sometimes at themselves. She absolutely despises fighting of any kind, and is always the peacemaker. She has very good deportment, and could eat with the royal family without seeming out of place, were it not for her hair. She is very vain about her hair and her looks, and spends time brushing out her hair and just generally taking very thorough care of her body when she has the time. She is very tolerant and accepting, and is not truly prejudiced against anything except the Misshu and prejudiced people. She is, if not bi-sexual, at the least bi-curious, with no major preferences.

Dislikes: Dirtiness, being bored, prejudicial people,fighting
Goals: Serve out her time in the military, then find her way in the medical field.

History

Sachiko was created by Ketsurui Zaibatsu with the intent of her taking up a position as a soldier in the star army. After she had begun her training, she opened up to the world, becoming the bright and kind person she is today. It is during this time she discovered not only her medical and scientific skills, but her love of dancing and singing. During her training, she discovered that while she was not a bad weapons person, she had no true talent anywhere but the pistol, and more importantly, that she had no desire to fight if it was possible. upon discovering this, she focused more heavily on the support aspect of the star army, deciding the enter the medical corp, and study to serve as a field doctor. During her studies, because of her desire to learn more, she took the time to learn Seraphim, in order to translate several Elysian medical scripts. It is not until later that she has discovered that she mastered it quicker than usual, even for a neko. She also began to study psychology and the mind, taking over as the 'mediator' for her group in training. Towards the end of her training, she completed her studies, and successfully applied for positions as a trained psychologist and counselor for the SAoY. After graduating, she plans to request a position with a research ship, or at least a ship with research capable facilities.

Skills

Communication: Sachiko is familiar with basic radio operation and procedures and can make transmissions to and receive transmissions from other characters through headsets, starships, power armor, and shuttles in both combat and non-combat conditions. Sachiko is fluent in Nepleslian, Seraphim, and Yamataian. She can speak and write both correctly and efficiently and can write reports, fill forms, issue orders under fire, and present slide shows and the like to her higher ups. She is a strong linguist, and picks up other forms of writing and speech easily.

Fighting: Sachiko received hand-to-hand combat training, followed up with a rigorous training program. She is skilled and experienced in combat both in Yamatai-like conditions and in zero-gravity, with and without weapons. Weapons she is trained in include energy pistols, rifles, knives, grenades, and power armor. She has little natural talent for hand-to-hand or larger distance fighting, but is capable of scoring well at medium to short ranges with a pistol.

Technology Operations: Sachiko is capable of operating any computer system that uses the Kessaku OS, found on all Star Army starships. She is proficient in entering and/or searching for information. She is skilled in using medical and scientific programs to sort through and utilize data.

Mathematics: Sachiko received basic mathematics training, to include algebra and trigonometry. She is capable of performing higher level computations at high speed, and sometimes in her head if no computer or paper is nearby.

Medical and Science: Sachiko trained heavily in the medical field. She has an inherent skill for medical things, and has good steady hands, as well as not being squeamish at blood. She is capable of performing from first aid all of the way up to minor surgery. She is also educated heavily in anatomy and biology, having studied both to further her abilities in the medical field. She is more than capable of using her knowledge to mix up medicine as needed, and administer it to her patients.

Entertainment: Sachiko loves to sing and dance, having at a young age, discovered a talent for it, and thereafter pursued it more than willingly. She is proficient, not in any really recognized forms of dance, but rather in the more common improvisation street style of dancing. She has a sweet clear voice, making her perfect for doing short solos in musical things, and she is a good choral leader due to her vocal penetration.

Humanities: Sachiko has studied psychology and sociology in an attempt to further her career skills. Because of this, not only is she capable of treating patients, she is also capable of providing mental care for her patients, and is qualified and registered as a counselor and psychologist. This gives her an insight into the human mind that most would not have, giving her a fresh perspective.

OOC Notes

This is not a character to be played at the moment, but rather a backup, as well as a character for my story.

This is not a character to be played at the moment, but rather a backup, as well as a character for my story.

Before we go any further, let's get this explained fully, so we know how to proceed. You don't usually post backups; you just hold them until you need them.

This is intended as a character for my book. The other 2 main character I'm going to use have been approved as my characters, and I want to make sure this one is OK too. It doesn't necessarily have to be approved for RP, but I would like people to critique like it IS meant for RP.

Wes, since this could be for a separate publication, do you want to review it yourself, or are you OK with me doing it?

Honestly? I don't see anything really wrong ... the pistol thing is kind of lame, but otherwise, she's pretty much good to go.

You didn't. The pistol thing is lame -- justify it somehow, at least.

But otherwise, yes, you did do well. She's relatively basic.

It's more a reference to her lack of desire to fight, but her knowledge that she has to fight at times. She doesn't want to be combat, but she wants to be able to protect herself. And a pistol is a weapon with a short enough range and firepower that she feels less bad about using.

How's a neko not know how to use a rifle? And how would such a neko ever graduate basic training?

She can use a rifle, Wes. She's just not very good at it.

However, the mentality doesn't make sense -- OK with a pistol, but not a rifle? That somehow one's better than the other in some kind of morally ambiguous way? And that range and firepower are somehow a part of it ...

*shakes head* No, if she doesn't want to be in combat, but knows she has to protect herself, a pistol versus a rifle seems off. You would WANT the long-range weapon -- protect yourself at a distance. Or close-combat, if she wants to feel "less bad" because she has a chance to disable, not kill.

Or a shotgun with X-rounds in it.

She can't have poor eyesight...she's genetically engineered not to. :/

Yaichiro isn't quite the same case -- this is a Neko, not a Yamataian clone. So that doesn't work quite the same.

Though, with neko's being manufactured soldiers, big quirks might just be squished =)

Also, forgive my nubishness, but aren't there civilian neko units running amok? Because this one doesn't seem fit for the military at all, and a civvy neko could still be used by the military, especially in a psychologist/doctor role.

I worry about quirks like that, however, because this is for publication, supposedly. Wes' race should be portrayed in a relatively pure light.

If you can show through the writing that she's pretty irregular, then I'm OK with it.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back