• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Implemented Get Yamatai Off Its Diplomatic Ass

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
This suggestion is kind of a "to do list" item for myself and my fellow FMs.

For far too long, Yamatai has been focused so much on the Star Army and warfare that it's done a really bad job of interacting with the other factions of the Kikyo Sector which has caused Yamatai to be viewed with distrust and apathy.
  • Our premier has been AFK for years (posted a news article on this recently)
  • Lack of diplomatic RPs with Neshaten, Nepleslia, NDC, Lorath, and others (we have talked with the HSC recently at the IRC which was good)
  • Need to show our love for internal factions: Elysian birbs, Phods, Separa'shan Sneks, Xiulurian Elves, Hellish Demons, Norfrostian Trolls
  • Solicit indie worlds to jump on the Yamtrain because they actually want to (don't coerce)
After we all spilled blood together to tell the Kuvexians to get lost (and seeing the difficulties in doing that) is the perfect time for improved relations.

What I suggest is:
  • Find a way to get an active premier installed ASAP since the Premier is responsible for diplomacy
  • Actively hire played diplomats and send them to faction leaders and listen to their concerns and be awesome to them
  • Be a better friend to the other factions of SARP, not a scary monster of a faction
  • Make sure that from now on we're regularly reaching out on a consistent basis to our allies even if it means spreadsheets scheduling or something
  • Have an IRC every year instead of biannually, have it in other places besides just Yamatai, and have other diplomacy outside of the IRC
  • Hanako must check it isn't a problem first before any future sleeping with Lorath royalty ;)
  • Play Himiko more often

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I was there for a good part of this discussion when it went down. I was under the impression this was a Nepleslian based this. I even believe it was one of the Nep FMs who requested this rp to happen to have some inter faction fun. When did it all change? I was looking forward to seeing the neps and nesh have a diplomatic meeting with the Yamatai's leaders.
You are likely thinking of something more recent. The stuff I was talking about was planned years ago before you joined and then halted for reasons that aren't worth mentioning. An unfortunate interruption. To think Yamatai and Nepleslia could have already been formal allies going into Glimmergold! Anyway, I digress.

I'm just saying that I'm still down to continue the original plot string now that the Kuvexian War is over, since I've found that it was more than a mere "idea" and was in the beginnings of in-character implementation. As long as the FMs are okay with it. And even if they aren't, some elements of what's been established will likely make it further into canon since it's a long term goal for my character (and diplomacy is literally one of her Star Army jobs).

I have the young grand Admiral, though I'd like to make a Senator specifically for this. That way there is the ability for more actual meetings and political talks with another member of the Imperium.

Yamatai has been silent on the diplomatic scene, it's funny because the entire idea of going back towards politics made me jitter; now I'm literally rolling my character to at least try to be apart of that diplomatic future. There is a need for this in the setting and I support it completely; the politics isn't always going to agree, not every deal is going to come out with a spit-polished shine but it can be a lot of fun having an IC platform for real in-setting political issues. It would be great to see everyone get involved, not just Yamatai - We do a lot of world-building around here and politics are important to how those worlds work and interact. The great part about it is there is so many ways to get involved in it.

We have a senate that needs an election, and heck as I said before even if Katsuko didn't win just the experience of running for something like that would be cool for her story. I'm sure there are other people who would at least like to step up and try. We can get our debate on, make deals - win some, lose some, but at least we will be moving forwards. Hopefully, the politics can take more of an IC seat though, cause the OOC end of it seems to get people all twisted up. I have to admit, I just re-read the initial post in this thread again and it caught my eye that even our internal politics needs some love in Yamatai. Anyway, for or against - Any chance to hang out and write with great people and share ideas is good. Politics is good for the setting! It is good for Yamatai!

Can we get a sort of 'Hands up if you have at least one politics character' sort of thing? Because there seem to be a lot of political characters that exist who aren't doing much.

I'm still in control of Jiyuu's sitting Yamataian Senator, Mochizuki Shiori. Made quite a stir back during the DATASS treaty days, and although she lost some prestige due to the resulting scandal, is by no means content to just be sitting idly by in the political arena while there is work to do. :)

RPG-D RPGfix
Back