• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Ghoul-B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zack

Inactive Member
(Modifying previous design, added one more paragraph of history, added one weapon, changed designation from 2A to 1B )

Geshrinari Shipyards
Ghoul-Class Patrol Craft

1149271567450.jpg

History and Background: Originally requested through Zero Fleet's offices, the ship design was made to fulfill the requirements of a potential privateer. Practically speeding through the design process, the ship still manages to fit in a few unique features of its own, including a ramp at the bottom of the ship's rear to load and unload ground vehicles. The ship's interior is somewhat Spartan, as most of the interior is taken up by a large cargo bay and shuttle loading areas.

In YE 29 Abdyel re-designed components of the Vampire, scaling it down for policing and customs duties for the Nepleslian government. The weapons were scaled down and wings extended for atmospheric activities, substantially reducing cost. The interior was pushed around slightly, revamping the shuttle bays to store additional ground based combat units that can use the new wings as ramps to disembark.

The B variant of the Ghoul was created to increase the odds of successfully dropping off soldiers in a combat zone by increasing the fire arcs of the weapons and added a tail mounted penrose disrupter for full 360 degree protection when landing.

Organization: Nepleslian Police, Nepleslian Military, DART.
Type: Short-Range Patrol and Cargo Craft
Class: Ge-L3-1B "Ghoul"
Designer: Geshrinari Shipyards, Nepleslia
Manufacturer: Geshrinari Shipyards, Nepleslia
Production: Currently in design phase.
Crew: 1 Pilot minimum. Recommended crew of 3.
Maximum Capacity: Life support systems can support up to 100 people.
Length: 65 meters
Width: 60 meters
Height: 16 meters
Decks: 1
Mass: 58,850 kg
Speeds: 0 to 0.71c Sublight, 67,000c Hyperpulse
Lifespan: With regular maintenance, the vessel is expected to last around 30 years.

Weaponry and Vehicles:
Active Denial Field: The ship contains an ADF system on the hull that uses microwaves to stimulate pain receptors in the body, forcing targets to turn away and flee. Very effective against un armored targets but not intended for combat use.
Primary Purpose: anti-personnel
Secondary Purpose: sensor disruption/
Damage: Less than lethal.
Range: <1 mile
Rate of Fire: continuous.
Payload: Effectively unlimited, so long as the ship provides power.

Penrose Disrupter: By creating a tension in a localized cone of space the quantum foam threshold is increased. While ineffective against most materials and organics, small structures such as those inside of modern computers or DNA are disrupted or destroyed leading to computer shutdowns and cancer as well as sensor disruption. Because of the nature of the weapon the area of effect becomes tinted blue for as long as the weapon is active.
Primary Purpose: anti-electronics
Secondary Purpose: sensor disruption
Damage: Less than lethal. cancer danger
Range: <1 mile
Rate of Fire: continuous.

Superconductor mobile gun turrets (30): three small openings on the hull (two on each side of the top and one on the bottom) can deploy up to 10 turrets each. It takes approximately half a second to deploy each turret and calibrate them so they don't fly off the ship. These turrets rest on small disks about a 1 and ½ meters in diameter. Each base is kept at near absolute zero temperatures and are magnetized along with the hull keeping them a set distance from it at all times. Energy is passed to the turrets through the magnetized hull and each base can move around on the surface of the ship freely and fire. To work in the atmosphere the base and the turret have been integrated into a aerodynamic saucer shape instead of resting a gun platform on the top, the entire platform rotates for target acquisition.
Primary Purpose: anti-starfighter/mecha
Secondary Purpose: anti-ship
Damage: moderate
Range: 200,000 miles
Rate of Fire: 4 times a second

Combined Pulse Cannon (2): Emitters under the ship's "wings" which fire pulses of and in the "sea of energy" that is space. These pulses can cause aetheric generators to overload, and confuse ZPE-based sensors. At the same time, it also produces an immense electromagnetic pulse and ion bolt. The pulse cannon is designed to cripple other vessels.
Primary Purpose: Anti-starship
Secondary Purpose: Anti-mecha/Anti-fighter
Damage: Moderate
Range: 3,000 miles
Rate of Fire: Twice every 15 seconds.

Ge-T1 Shuttles (2): Your basic high-capacity, FTL-capable transatmospheric shuttle. Includes adjustable-seal hatch on the floor and ceiling of the cargo compartment for docking with ships from outside. Not tall enough inside to hold the tank below.
Primary Purpose: Interstellar Transport
Secondary Purpose: Planetary Landings
Range: 10 days of travel (about 137 light-years at maximum speed)
Speed: 2000c, Mach 1 in atmosphere.
Load Capacity: 52 personnel with gear or 2 personnel with cargo.
Weapons: None
Systems: Anti-Gravity, Armor, CDD, Communications, Chaff/Flare Dispensers, Emergency Homing Beacon, Shields, Sensors.

Systems Descriptions:
Communications Systems: The ship contains two easy to produce communications systems on each side of the hull. While not as sophisticated as those on most military vessels, they cover the basics (subspace and radio) and provide an acceptable amount of security. In a emergency the communications system can act as a low resolution sensor system by using the two receivers to pinpoint radio or subspace transmitters much in the same way that human ears pinpoint sounds.

Damper Field Generator: A by-product of antigravity (repulsion) technology, the damper field has been heralded as the best defense against scalar electrogravitational pulse weaponry, which are notorious for their ability to destroy ammunition, electronics, and organic life forms. While scalar EM waves penetrate conventional shielding because they can travel wherever gravity can go, the damper field uses a low-power antigravity field that negates the force of gravity and consequently provides an effective shielding system against scalar EM weapons systems.

Hyperpulse Drive: Using layered asymmetrical peristaltic subspace fields that can envelop the entire vessel, the ship can move at superluminal velocities.

Interdiction Field: The ship is capable of projecting a powerful artificial gravitic field that disrupts the operations of FTL drives of all types in a specific area of effect (minimal effective AOE is a 1,000 meter cubic area; maximum AOE is 500,000 kilometer cubic area). This is useful in preventing enemy vessels from escaping from battle. The interdiction field also has a secondary mode that can defeat the interdiction efforts of enemy forces in a localized area roughly half the size of its normal operation.

Rapid Launch Bays: The ship's exterior is equipped with two large rapid-launch bays, which are forcefield-contained openings in the hull. The bays make it possible for shuttles to fly out into space at their convenience. The bays also open out onto the wings which slope down and touch the ground when the ship is landed, allowing troops to disembark.

Shield Systems: The ship has an efficient shielding system, relying on an teardrop-shaped spatial distortion to warp space around it and alter the course of laser, missiles, etc. that are headed for the ship. A second system, called "the spike" only protects the front of the ship, acting as a giant cone. It protects the ship from collisions during high-speed space flight. Both of the shields can take a lot of damage but are not infallible, and fail after a few good hits.

Speaker System: The underside of the ship contains a loud sound system with three speakers hooked directly into the cockpit's communication system and radio. The speakers are operated by a dial in the cockpit that allows the pilot to change the input settings.

Subspace Mass Sensors: Subspace mass sensors instantly detect mass readings and movement of objects up to 1 AU (93 million miles) distant from the ship. The readings are used both for early warning and navigation when traveling at sublight speeds. The readings are not very detailed and cannot detect objects of less than 60,000 kg.

Tachyon Scanners: Tachyon Scanners detect the disturbances in the gravitic characteristics of normal space caused by the passage of ships traveling through hyperspace. Tachyon scanners also reduce the effectiveness of enemy missile jamming systems.

Unidirectional Gravitational Plating: plating on the roof emits a psuedo-gravitational field that is attracted to the plates on the floor pushing everything on the ship 'down'. This creates the false sense of gravity that permeates the ship

Isn't the Penrose Disruptor a stock QIS weapon?

In addition to this Geshrinari Shipyards, along with Zen Armaments, have recently left Nepleslia for Yamatai, and as such I don't really understand why they would be making ships for Nepleslia, especially the organisation, DART, which they left Nepleslia in objection to.

It is a QIS weapon, but it hasn't been implimented on a QIS ship in Star Army that has been used in RP.

That aside, designers can always be hired away by industrial sectors in Nepleslia.

Of course, the soon-to-be public company of Nepleslia (Nepleslia Arms and Munitions) could very well build something along these lines, avoiding any unwanted messes.

A subspace anchoresque beam is projected then widened, decreasing the overall effect of gravity for each individual particle by spreading it over more area, lowering the true gravity of an area.

Really? When I look up Penrose Effect, it talks about; "a firm cannot remain operationally effective if it maintains high rates of growth in successive time periods, and that consequently those firms with foresight typically will slow down their growth in the subsequent time period is known as the "Penrose effect.â€

It is a different man, this one:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Penrose

He's created a lot of theories on Quantum Gravity, not limited to the one that you linked to.

A subspace anchoresque beam is projected then widened, decreasing the overall effect of gravity for each individual particle by spreading it over more area, lowering the true gravity of an area.

Wouldn't this mean that any form of Sub-space shielding would protect you from the effect? And since when did subspace and normal space interact in such a way that gravity can be manipulated while in subspace?

Yes, certain types of shielding would provide partial or complete protection against the weapon.

All subspace technology is about bending or twisting space in some way, shape, or form and it is logical to think that using this to spread out space that a mass inside of it would have its gravity spread out artificially.

I haven't yet read up on the "tech" behind this Penrose Disrupter yet; regardless of its technical possibility however, I think its use raises ethical concerns such as possible civilian cancer and damage to the envioronment that would be hard to for a government to accept and justify, especially considering it is a weapon on a civil-police ship.

Perhaps an something a little more people freindly could replace it?

Kotori said:
Well, it is a weapon ~_~;

The point was less dangerous weapons could be used to replace it, and that it is unreasonable for a government to use a weapon with side effects such as these, when the weapon is ment to take down computer systems, not people. I would like to also add that a weapon such as this(that damages DNA), also carries other risks beside the large issue of cancer, such as early aging induced by cell damage, and other fun side effects such as birth defects, and sterility. Which really make this a rather unfriendly weapon to use around/on civilians. Oh and did I mention damage to the envioronment?

Should I put more of a discription on the side effects of the weapon?

I wanted the ship to have more less than lethal options so I really want this weapon to be in place.

Uso Tasuki said:
Should I put more of a discription on the side effects of the weapon?

I wanted the ship to have more less than lethal options so I really want this weapon to be in place.

I'm glad you wanted the ship to have less leathal weapons, and I would like to see the ship approved :) . I was hoping you would consider replacing it with something similiar but perhaps nicer? Say maybe some kind of EMP cannon?

Edit: actually it seems the combined pulse weapon already does what this weapon does(and a bit more minus the really bad side effects).

Well, the EMP esque weapons are already installed on the ship and I am not sure that an EMP weapon would be effective against most devices in this setting.

Well there are always other approved techs you can use also. Wouldn't something like a Light scaler beam/wave weapon also give you a weapon that is affective not only against electronics but as an effective non-leathal anti-personel weapon?

I don't like 'scaler beam' weapons. In my book they are right up there with Tesla's 'teleforce' beam. Sure, they are cool in the consperacy theory setting but here... not so much.

Uso Tasuki said:
I don't like 'scaler beam' weapons. In my book they are right up there with Tesla's 'teleforce' beam. Sure, they are cool in the consperacy theory setting but here... not so much.

Well my point with that was, that scaler beam weapons are already in the RP, even if certain people like you or I like them or not.

And to be blatently honest, in looking this up I've not yet seen anything that convinces me that this Penrose disruptor/effect is any more plausible then any of the other bad technology thats floating around the RP that are based on half-understood crack-pot physics theories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back