• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Hell's Inhabitants?

cyborgakadjmoose

Inactive Member
I was browsing the wiki to make sure I has some of my history straight when I came across this.

Hell is mentioned as a cave nation on the surface of Yamatai and inhabited by a race possessing 'demon-like' features. Has anything been written about this race? Were they simply wiped out by the Elysians or were they enslaved? Were they subjugated by the Star Army or were they allow to join it? Was this race ever actually named?

Thanks

Hmm, the article gives no mention as to technoclogy or intelligence. They could be highly reclusive, or maybe primative like other species on Yamatai, such as Elves, Nepleslians, Trolls, and maybe a few others. Keep in mind we are entering pre-history pretty much, the SARPs dark past of murder and revenge Wes has been furiously trying to cover-up for years...

Okay, maybe not murder.

Hell's inhabitants are called the Lorrfolk and they typically keep to themselves, although a few might be seen about the galaxy. Notably, Knobulokk the Lorr was an infamous interstellar mafia boss.

Wes said:
Hell's inhabitants are called the Lorrfolk and they typically keep to themselves, although a few might be seen about the galaxy. Notably, Knobulokk the Lorr was an infamous interstellar mafia boss.
Ah okay. Sadly little is written about them in the Wiki.
kai said:
I think the question was, What do they look like, do they have any special features/powers/abilities, and how common they are.
Yes, that was the second part of my question. But again, little was written about them in the Wiki.

Would this be something worth adding to to the SARP history, and would there be potenial as Player Character material?

The problem lies that there is little written about them, despite being a race that has a notable plot point and not being linked.

The vagueness of the article doesn't help either, it needs to be edited.

Well, the men were big ugly demon dudes and the women were sexy succubus chicks. It's been done a hundred times before, though, (I mean they're not very unique) so they've been basically phased out like Elves have.

I find @raz's reference to make much more sense now, and admittedly flattering on Gowens side as to how his first reaction was to call Gowen an "Oni" which he explained to me as being a term for Demon.

Finding out now that Demon women were sexy succubus ladies, @raz something you should tell Gowen? Lizard fetish or some such?

We're going to Hell soon in the YSS Resurgence plot so I figured this would be a good time to talk about Hell's inhabitants around. I definitely want to keep them demonic flavored and I think a wide variety of creatures is appropriate, and a lot of them would be hostile "creatures" in the D&D sense. I figured I'd ask what your suggestions are. Since they're not detailed yet, this is the best chance to have some say in what shows up in this mission before I start posting about them (and then detail them more on the wiki).

I've extracted the text and can add it to the article for Hell if you don't want a new "Lorrfolk" wiki made. Very rad, Wes thanks!

RPG-D RPGfix
Back