• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Interest Check [Horizon] Expeditionary Team

@Charmaylarg Dufrain if you're interested in joining we have specific roles open such as driver, navigator, gunners and technician, as well as being a footman or scout

since jjans has made a tech based character i assume they will fill one of the onboard roles of the main mobile unit which is this

https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=wip:corp:galactic_horizon:ursa

also please be aware since this is a mapping expedition, cartographers and map maker types or scholars would be welcomed as awell

Well if you will kindly inspect the wip vehicle i linked before which is known as the URSA footman would be general soldier types, mercenaries hired on or you can have them as part of the horizon security force, and scouts would be using redback atv's to flank the ursa during movement as well as checking ahead and that sort of thing

Edit: a gunner would be manning one of the weapon stations inside the ursa aka gets to control the big rocket launcher and machine cannon turret for either front or back

well the plot will be starting in JULY at an unknown date but probably close to the middle, I'll keep you all posted on that

but yeah you have essentially a month to make a character so no rush ^^

Alrighty ladies and gents, we got 2 weeks until july kicks off, as I said I dont know if I'll start it on the dot but with the way the background side of things has been going we could be looking at getting it started sooner rather than later.

I don't mean to cause alarm and i also want to reiterate that you can still join in after the plot has started, however if anyone wants advice, or help or pretty much any excuse to ask me questions I check this site like once every half a second (barring sleep, then its once a second) so feel free to contact me for anything and I look forward to seeing the awesome cast of characters we get for this.

just another background progress report and also some extra info for peeps, its another plot update whoop whoop

the URSA has been finished and approved and can be found for your viewing pleasure here https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=corp:galactic_horizon:gh-k9-3o_ursa this will be the "plot vehicle" more or less and will act as the main unit of the plot, characters will eat and sleep on it and some will even work on it if thats their specialty.

another useful page for those who will be playing scout and combat types who may end up being outside the URSA while on the move, https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=corp:galactic_horizon:gh-k1-1e_redback_atv the Redbacks will be their personal vehicle to zip around it and check over each hill before the main unit moves forwards, that sorta thing.

another item that may be used by ground combat forces is this https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=corp:galactic_horizon:gh-m1-3b_orc_suit and there will be several remotely piloted suits running around as well

two more combat items which may or may not be carried by your character include this https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=corp:galactic_horizon:gh-u3-1b_pridwen_deployable_cover
and this https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=corp:galactic_horizon:gh-u2-4a_bubble_blower_grenade-shield

you know the list really goes on now that I look at it so I think I might have to draw up some sort of loadout for people to put in their character sheet, for now these are what i expect to be the main items but stay tuned for more updates and if anyone has characters cooking keep up the good work and i look forward to seeing them.

Id like to be in the plot, but DAMN thats a lot of information to take in. I might need some actual explanation in DMs because I just showed up now and I feel like my brains about to explode.

The character Id like to use is Titan, who would likely be a temporarily hired person-thing for the mission. I would like if they were accompanied by Faulkner 78 (mostly a neurologist) and Faulkner 40 (who is a doctor) or at least one of the two. If neither can be in, then that's fine but we'll have to come up with a compromise.

a lot of the stuff i linked before is not required for you to know to play in the plot as it mostly applies to characters who use it, the main thing to keep in mind is that the URSA is the plot vehicle and the main mission of the expedition is to accurately map out and explore parts of 188604 so Titan would fit in as a soldier type and her parents can stay on board the URSA, a doctor would be useful as a medic too.

alrighty guys the time is slowly approaching, just want to do a headcount so I know who to give cookies too and who needs some 1920's "encouragement"
I know skully and JJans both have characters ready and approved and are ready to go more or less
Lijosu has an approved char and i assume is ready to go?
Char i spoke to in discord and you're still making a character which is cool
@HarperMadi gonna ping you to draw your attention here real quick, i know you're definitely down for this, if you have a character in mind to use could you link them
@FrostJaeger, make some characters and come do some rp
@BloodyScarlet i know you mentioned having a character, because my memory is bad mind reminding me if we went through and looked at that or do we still have to do that?

and final question, how soon do you guys want this up and running? I have everything in place so we can really start when you guys are good to go, for now the latest date will be July 12

I'm more or less ready. I still have some things that lack certain details but I feel like the information I have atm is probably more than standard anyway.

Just to clarify, would it be more convenient to have Titan and both parents or just Titan and one parent? Also is there any character which like, should be made aware of all the procedures for Titan like an employer or something or...

I'll be bringing my security guy and, by nature, he would most likely push for that information.

yeah skully's char would know and probs the NPC's i bring, also up to you if you want one or both parents to come along

Ill do both then.

Procedures are as follows: There are several "commands" that Titan responds to, which are designed more for convenience than they are for being comprehensible. I have a short list:

Commands
Command: Has to be paying attention for it to work. She also has to be agreeing to do it.
Impulse: If the cue is given, she will respond instantaneously with no second thoughts.
Titan commands.png
*1. Used to keep her still for short amounts of time. Never used for long periods of time. Often used to get her attention.
*2. Used to say that she is allowed to fiddle and overall be silly, but that she has to stay in the same spot. Only ever used after attention.
*3. Dismissed signals that her attention is no longer needed.

There may be more but thats all Ive come up with and its probably all that will be relevant as well... Actually an "at arms" command may be useful but we can sort that out later. The impulse with pressure around the neck would be triggered for instance, by tugging on her lead.

The people who would be aware of these commands would likely also be given remotes for her shock collar as well, but told not to use them unless ABSOLUTELY necessary. Its your choice if your character decides to heed this advice, never touch the thing, or use it excessively. But whatever you choose will have appropriate consequences (such as her parents getting angry if you use them too much or Titan doing something potentially very bad at a critical moment if you dont shock her.)

Theyd also be tipped advice about how to behave around her and stuff. But that kind of thing is stuff I havent really sorted out so for that, when we start, if you need advice on how to behave around her itd basically just mean you get a free ticket to ask me and meta game a bit (except it wont be meta gaming because your character would had been told before hand.)

RPG-D RPGfix
Back