• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: 5th XF [Hotaru] When Nepleslia comes knocking...

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I can imagine. It was harsh blow for everyone. But... Nepleslian," Ember said her former race very softly as she noticed that they had indeed stopped. "And... our lift has stopped." She smiled again as the elevator dinged to alert them that they had reached the level for the shuttle bays.

"Just a shuttle ride away from the flagship, Mr. Davis," She gestured for the gentleman to exit the lift before her. "Guests first, sir."

With a nod, he walked out of the elevator.

"Nepleslian, you say? Why the change? Sorry if I am being too forward, but it is not too often that I hear of Nepleslians undergoing total body changes."

"We do very foolish things in our youth, I felt a need to challenge the beliefs of my parents and come up with something of my own to hold dear to. And the desire to taste what could be called 'immortality' beyond death and sickness was too tempting," Ember replied very thoughtfully as she walked out of the elevator after the Nepleslian.

"I do admire traditionalists it is indeed much harder to stay the same as the world around you changes at the speed of light. If I could go back, I probably would've stayed the same as the my parents birthed me and the Creator blessed me," she offered Davis a warm smile as she turned to lead him towards a shuttle docking area. "But I believe in a glorious and bright future forged from hard work, determination and blood. We have to take our destiny into our own hands and build towards something greater."

"Well said," Davis replied earnestly. "Hard work can achieve great things. In these last few years, the Imperium has shown what can be grown from the sweat and determination of many."

He ran a hand over his balding head. A gust of cold wind had nipped at his scalp.

"What you did goes against tradition, perhaps, but let not tradition interfere with your dreams and what you wish to accomplish. You did what you did for a reason. Never doubt yourself and you will achieve great things."

Ember chuckled. "Of course, this way please." She chuckled as she walked up a ramp to a shuttle that was warming up for their short trip to the Ascendancy.

"You seem to have a very good paternal instinct. I'm sure that if Ami thought you'd be cold, she would've let you keep your cap longer. If you wish, we can recreate one similar for you with the Nodal system? At least, until the next little girl comes along."

He shook his head.

"It is no problem at all. I'm sure the shuttle is a comfortable room temperature anyway."

He laughed softly at Ember's joke.

"I wouldn't have minded having a daughter to compliment my son. Unfortunately, it was not to be. But I like to think I've raised John with enough love for two children..."

A sigh escaped his lips.

"He's enlistment age now, you know."

"Time flies by so fast. I've never slowed down enough to have a family or to take a husband. One day, I'd like to get a chance to have a family, but for, I content myself with trying to keep my adopted family here like my real one," Ember noted change in his tone, he took the not to be as either infertility or death of the spouse. She was curious but polite enough to pry further into what seemed to pain the man.

"Does your son take after his handsome father or his beautiful mother?" She asked sweetly was they entered the open shuttle. The shuttle was indeed comfortable enough and would be away from the chill of the bay once the hatch closed.

"John takes more after his mother. He has softer features and more expressive eyes than me. He also has picked up on a few mannerisms that Vivian used to have, which I find very cute. It's odd how children so easily take after their parents."

He folded his arms and sighed once more, reminiscing.

"I remember this one time when John was nine years old and he wanted to make a birthday cake for Vivian. He worked on it so hard. Of course, he had no clue what he was doing, and the cake turned into an uncooked sludge of flour and huge amounts of whipped cream and icing. Vivian took one look at it and was about to shake her head when she saw John's eyes and how much pride he had in his creation. Of course, that melted her heart and she thanked John for the cake, but not before giving me the first serving!"

"Aww!" Ember chuckled, it was a cute story. "Be mindful, of the door Mr. Davis, please take a seat. We'll be at the Ascendancy soon."

She motioned for the Sky Marshall to take a seat as she took one. She folded her right leg on top of her left, exposing more of her smooth tanned legs. "I almost wish I had someone waiting for me. I'll have to make sure you get home in one piece so your handsome son can try to bake his dad a cake this year," she offered with a soft smile. "Hopefully, with better results or even a girl popping out of it?"

Davis took the seat, sitting erect, with his hands on his lap.

"John was raised a gentleman," he politely corrected. "He will not need any assistance winning over the perfect woman."

He looked out the front side window of the shuttle, eagerly awaiting its departure, although he showed little change in his outward appearance. He had calmed down from the shock of seeing the Ascendancy and now had a more analytical desire to see it in action.

"I'm certain a woman such as yourself would also have no problem finding the right man. Your behavior to this point indicates you were cut from very good cloth."

"Thank you for saying that..." Ember communicator chirped at her and she picked it up, making a gesture to excuse herself, standing up again and moving towards the front of the shuttle.

"Another hour? Are you sure?" Ember's eyes flicked to the back of the shuttle and she was frowning.".. right.... thank you." She put her communicator away and walked back to the Sky Marshall.

She bowed very deeply again with a light blush on her cheeks. "My apologies, I was just informed that it'll be another hour before they'll be ready for us to board the Ascendancy. But I can have us be flown around her for the time while we continue to discuss things so we won't just be sitting here in the bay, if you'd like."

"I trust you might be able to tolerate my company a little longer," Ember offered Davis a reassuring smile. "I believe we do have business to discuss as well. I'm fascinated by our current conversation as well, and wouldn't mind continuing it."

"But of course," Davis said with a polite nod to the lady. "What would you like to talk about? Do you have any good stories to share?"

Just then, a message came.

"Excuse me, Miss," he turned away and took his datapad out.

Files?> diplomacyaction28.vd5
Message?>
Contact has been made with the 320 ship strong Mishhuvurthyarian fleet. Peaceful diplomacy was achieved, critical information enclosed.

Message?>END

Taking a set of earbud headphones out, as well as initializing the private screens of his datapad and bringing the thing up to his eyes, he watched and listened to the entire file. It took some odd 10 minutes of awkward silence.

Ember noticed that the Sky Marshall's left fist clenched into a tight ball while he watched. Then, it was over. He removed the datapad from his face, which was slightly more pale than before.

"Ember, I will need to go to my ship immediately after it boards the Ascendancy so that I can engage in very important business. I will need my privacy as well. If it is not too much trouble, I can have the captain serve you some drinks while you wait."

Ember nodded. "Absolutely, I'll have the pilot take us there. It'll take a few minutes."

And true to her words, the shuttle brought them aboard the Ascendancy alongside the Sky Marshall's ship. Once the shuttle stopped, Ember rose. "We're here, sir. The environment is stable enough for us."

"Thank you, miss. The captain here will see to your needs."

He motioned to the Nepleslian man who was at attention before slipping into the bridge.

Ember offered the captain a friendly, polite smile. "Just a place to sit to handle some paperwork might be nice for now."

The logistics officer was greatly concerned with the Sky Marshall's abrupt change in attitude. Whatever was said was truly BIG. She wasn't an empath but she could see it in Davis's face. She could feel it in the tension on the ship. She didn't know what it was exactly nor did she wish to cause her temporary hosts cause for alarm by attempting to spy- she didn't want to be the thing to respark a war when they were trying to set up peace.

Very carefully she pulled her communicator out of her very conveniently placed holder around her neck (it hung down the front of her shirt) and called Katsuko.

Internal Quantum Encrypted Communication said:
"Katsuko here. Something you need Ember?"

Motoyoshi-Taisho, things have stalled for the moment. The Sky Marshall had some matters of grave importance to handle on his home front. We are on his ship inside the Akuro. Hopefully, we'll be able to resume trade negotiations soon.
Ember paused as she looked around at the ship and the men before her, her former countrymen. Idly she wondered if her brother was serving Nepleslia as a Green or if he had been one of the casualties of the civil war as a Red.

Internal Communications said:
"We have been detecting communications. Is there something going on?" Katsuko said with a sigh, "Might be wise to put a call into Misato."

I'm assuming so, he excused himself to do something important for his nation. It might be an idea to try to get a report on what's actually going on out there.

Some time later, Robert Davis came out of the bridge, cane in hand as he returned to Ember.

"My apologies, miss. I take it you were treated well by my men?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back