• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

ID-SOL Article Revamp Idea

demibear

Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
🎖️ Game Master
Character Forum Mod
🎨 Media Gallery
After working on the Raijin Type Artificial Nepleslian article and reading on what people in the past have said/done with the Best Chads of SARP (fight me), I mentioned to Wes that I wanted to retouch their article. I believe it will help those interested in making them (and even their offspring) to know what exactly they have (like the abilities of Nekos is laid out), some detail into their physiology, etc.

Like for instance I have heard that they never stop growing, but the article makes no mention of this. So might as well as what others think the ID-SOLs are and capable of doing beyond two gigachads lifting a car up and telling you "Git gud" before smashing you with said car.

Last edited:
Tagging @Gunhand4171 because he plays one actively. Most of what I've seen makes ID-SOLs seem similar to Neko (genetic supersoldiers with super strength) but way beefier/more massive and also augmented with cybernetics, but I might be missing some of the background thought that goes into doing those actions.

As the creator of the ID-SOL, I'm happy to see their article get some love. I kind of envisioned them as very muscular supersoldiers. I don't know if they really used much in the way of cybernetics (though that is possible) and they don't just keep growing (they need to fit the vehicles made for them). I guess the question is...what do we need to know about them that we don't know already? And that is the new content that would go in the article.

I'll just list out what I want to do:
1. Rework it so it is closer to the species template. Doesn't need everything since they are still kind of human.
2. Add anything relevant from RP to its history
3. Explain their abilities better/how they got them. Physiology section would do that.

So change little but improve readability and some explaining fluff of what makes them tick. At the very least, it needs to be updated that ID-SOLs are in production again.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back