Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: ISC Phoenix [Interlude 3] - Re-Loading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vincent heard the stranger talking, and slowly turned towards her.

"I imagine that until you get to Tami you might just have to get used to it." He said as innocently as he possibly could.

John got up out of his bed and wrung his hair out, then got to his locker and got his pants on, his shirt and jumper, then got an air horn.
"What's that for?" Mel asked.
John just walked into the Bathroom, quietly and stuck the airhorn over the shower curtain and let 'er rip in every sense of th--

BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGHHHHHH!!!!!!
...damn. That IS loud!

Luca was immediately taken by surprise and pretty much jumped out of his skin, fell down into the bathtub and took the shower curtain and the rod to hold it up with him.
John just walked out casually, straightening his sunglasses and savouring the victory.
"That's what it's for." He replied casually as he walked downstairs.

Luca, meanwhile was left to pack his senses together. He turned off the water, got out of the shower, got the curtain back up, dried up and got his clothes on. He already had a plan for revenge concocted. A fart-cushion full of jam to be applied to his chair on the shuttle.

He came downstairs and sat down for breakfast, and John was already there, eating a bowl of cornflakes.
"Mornin' sunshine." He said calmly as he took a sip of orange juice, "I trust you slept well."
"Yeah yeah, indeed." Luca said casually as he smelt the milk for impurities before pouring it. Long story about that.
"So - what are you gonna buy today..." A quick exchange of glances over the last bit of sugar to sprinkle over the cornflakes, "...at the weapon emporium?"
"Oh, I dunno. Maybe some more..." He eyed the sugarbowl, "Ammo."
They both leant over the table swiped for the bowl - and grabbed it at the same time.
"I see!" John said as he tried to get his teaspoon into the bowl, trying to fence off Luca's teaspoon, "I was planning to do the same!"

Dad just looked at the two in combat over a bit of sugar and shook his head at them while resuming reading the paper.

Vincent then clomped down the stairs in his combat boots and poured himself a bowl of cornflakes.

"I was thinking maybe if we could get a hold of some MASER rifles or something, we would have better firepower at all ranges. Oh, sugar." Vincent said, swiping the bowl out from between John and Luca's fencing teaspoons and pouring it over his cornflakes.

"then again they might be harder to maintain, so maybe just get ahold of some Zen Arms stuff. More reliable."

Robert was on the edge with all the noise being made in a single morning. He whispered to the disguised Elysian. "Are they always like this? or is this a special morning?"

He clomped down the stairs and came in in time to see the fencing match between John and Luca. He raised an eyebrow but didn't say anything. He sat down and stole the sugar bowl just to see if they would notice more than any need for sugar.

Luca eventually, using a teaspoon, managed to perform a riposte on John, sending him reeling backwards and Luca plunged his spoon into the table, thinking the bowl was there, and actually embedding the spoon in the table he hit so hard.

"Huh?" Luca said as he pulled it out and noticed the sugarbowl was absent, then looked to Robert and Vincent, who had the last of the sugar, "Bugger."
"Fancy that." John observed as he straightened himself up, "We got sidetracked."
"It's still on though." Luca gave a deadly stare at John.
"Oh yes it is." John adjusted his sunglasses in Luca's direction.

"Boys, boys." Dad closed the newspaper and put it down on the table, "Just get over it. We have an inventory to buy for this sack you call a Mercenary unit soon! Now shaddup eat your cornflakes!"
"...Yes dad." Luca and John snapped out of their staredown and continued eating.

"Soooo, what exactly are we getting?" Robert asked over the akward silence that always falls whenever a patriarch-like figure snaps at someone.

After padding downstairs and calmly fixing herself a bowl of cereal around the various commotion Laeliel's expression had thawed from morning-grouchy to being merely neutral. She shoveled spoonfuls of the cornflakes into her mouth with all the gusto of a automaton, chewing away at them with a look in her eyes that was halfway between blank and far-away.

The rumpled-haired girl let out a short sigh as the father figure put an end to the breakfast table shenanigans, though whether it was in relief of this or in exasperation at the mention of 'inventory' shopping could not be determined.

Vincent had just finished off his cornflakes and was washing out some of the dishes when Laeliel arrived on the scene. Slightly confused, the ID-Sol slowly turned towards the winged woman.

"You alright? You're eating like you've been starved for the last month."

"She's obviously hungry." The father observed as he got up and grabbed a cup of coffee, "You'd eat the same way if you hadn't eaten for a couple of days."

Then Mel came downstairs, dressed up in something a little more casual then her usual desert gear.
"Mornin'." She said as she grabbed herself a cup of tea, "So where do you have in mind for our venture for firearms?"
"Well - the entire city is crawling with firearms dealers, and I'd say this is common knowledge in these parts." The father replied, "Legitimate, independent, or illegitimate, or even lying on the ground if you're lucky. Practically everyone packs iron in this city. We're no exceptions."

"Agreed." Luca said as he patted the 10mm pistol he had holstered to his belt, "I wonder who else is coming?"
Sebastian looked to the ceiling, "Depends who's gonna get up. I have a feeling that 'Mitch' fellow is gonna stay in, for good reason."
"Why?"
"Downed a mint worth of booze last night. He's heavy on the turps. He's gonna feel it hit him hard this morning. May as well leave him be."
"Good idea. Let's get going."
Sebastian then donned his longcoat and put on a pair of sunglasses. He also pulled out his old .44 revolver and groaned. It needed a serious polish. He flicked the cylinder out and loaded it with fresh cartridges, then proceeded to hide it in an unseen holster.

"So, how do we intend to get there?"
"Shuttle, 'course. We still need to buy us a car or some form of transport so we don't have to pay for shuttle stuff so often."
"Yeah, maybe we could get one of those as well."

Hitori yawned as she stood drowsily in private, completely nude. She had cast off her sleeping clothing to get dressed, but the Geshrin was having.. difficulties. Her sleep hadn't been that great lately... especially after hearing the news of her brothers disappearance into Yamatai. The phantom images in her dreams haunted her even in the shadows of the morn.

Alright.. wake up, Hitori! she almost screamed inside of her own mind, You're a big girl now! Now, start acting like one! Vally is fine... He always manages, and he always will. Now... first, put on your panties.. Her 'panties' were actually a red, close-fit thong. Normal panties were a bit too snug for her tastes... Without getting into too much detail, she mentally told herself to put on each article of clothing before actually putting it on. Last, was her cloak, but she only held that on her arm since there was no need to put it on inside the house.

After that short fiasco, Hitori went into the kitchen to greet everyone. "Morning," she quieted stated calmly.

Robert smiled as the Hitori walked in. "Good Morning, are ya going to be coming with us or will ya be staying here?"

Hitori vaguely remembered being told where they were going. "Hm... I could use some new clothes... Some of it seems to be.. disappearing as of late." She eyed most of the men, especially Luca, with suspicion. "Sure, I'll come along with you all." She suddenly smiled in an eerie way after just giving the evil eye to so many people at once.

Vincent looked towards Hitori as she walked into the room. Fine fine, she's a neko, big deal, she's not trying to gut me just yet... Stop being so damn suspicious. Vincent thought as he waited for the gun group to head out. That's when Hitori gave him the evil eye.

He twitched. Not because he thought he was in danger- Vincent barely even moved when people were asleep, let alone got up and raided peoples' clothes- but because the evil eye was just that. Evil-looking.

Luca then proceeded to pass Hitori's cold stare onto John. He knew that during his college years John had lead the occasional panty raid on the girl's dorms or plant a camera somewhere. John simply shrugged innocently.

"W-what are you staring at me for?" He asked politely.
"No~thing!" Luca snapped up in the same manner, albeit tell-tale, "Now let's go have a senseless spending spree! To the shuttles!"
So everyone congregated out on the yard, John opened the Airlock, and Luca was the first to sit down in the Co-Pilot's seat. He then pulled his secret weapon out of his jacket and placed it on John's seat. The perfect trick. Luca grinned to himself.
Then John came into, sat down in the Pilot's seat and put his headset on.

"Just fly us to the nearest shuttle platform somewhere in the centre of the city." Luca directed, "Or ask that guy you keep calling up to give you directions."
"I know where to fly!" John said as he made himself comfortable, then heard something make an odd squatchy noise. His eyebrows immediately raised and a pink tinge came to his cheeks.
"I wish you could say the same about where you guide your arse!" Luca pointed out as John stood up, and frowned as he had strawberry jam splattered all over the back of his pants. Luca smiled widely as he savoured the victory and the fact that he'd gotten himself some revenge.

"I don't think that Jimmy guy is coming nor is our Chef. I don't think that the lady we found recently is one for combat either." Dad observed as he sat down in the shuttle's passenger compartment with one of his legs crossed over his knee. Everyone was able to fit in there comfortably, except for Vincent, as his head touched the ceiling if he stood up straight, "So, it's just I, my son, his friend, that lass who claims to snipe."
"My name is Melissa, wanker!" She spoke up.
"Yes yes - that massive ID-SOL, the man who looks like he had his clothes put in a blender, and that sulky girl with the knives."

Sulky Hitori thought to herself with an eyebrow twitch. Tempted to remove the man's spleen, the Yamataian thought better of it as the old fool was Luca's father... hopefully.

Vincent, seated across from Hitori, noticed her eyebrow twitch- his eyes are cybernetic, after all, and one of the numerous programs are motion sensors capable of detecting the beat of a butterfly's wings on Delsauria from Nepleslia, figuratively speaking.

"Something wrong, Hitori?"

Hitori shrugged, "Ahh, nothing, I suppose.." The woman stifled a yawn as she crossed her legs. Perhaps there was time for a short nap on the ride over to the city...

Robert snapped out of the doze he had lapsed into. He blinked when he realized that he was the only one left at the table. He rushed to the yard and jumped on board the shuttle before it took off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back