• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

OOC International Relations Conference YE 46 Planning & Discussion

I made a wiki event page for this.

The lack of other sub factions is not an oversight or lack of respect, but I'm just waiting to add them until characters actually appear. I added a few invitees to the standard list pulled from the last IRC article that had one based on discussions here. Feel free to add anything you feel needs to be there whenever.

Following up on the post I made earlier in this planning thread: I’ve elected not to run the Phod colony plot at this year’s IRC, due to lack of volunteers and other factors, but I may try running it again at some point in the future. I have a Hidden Sun Clan character (Toidorno Sejgui) on the YSS Resurgence. Looking forward to seeing the IRC unfold!

I will be having the UNI delegation arriving soon. Either tomorrow/tomorrow evening into Weds. I just needed to get some things in order.

I will be having my characters for Anisa and Tsenlan in Tomorrow/Wednesday as well. I will also be sending in a member of the UNI delegation after Andrew posts.

Great to see everyone showing up!

Just as a preemptive reminder: weapons are not allowed in any shared diplomatic space. Probably not even on the common grounds of Reikan Park. No one’s made the mistake yet but I wanted to keep it that way :)

“Ketsurui Yui, commander of the Star Army of Yamatai, was the first representative to enter the main conference room. Her fingers idly danced in the air where the top of her pistol would normally be. Local Yamataian security forces were the only ones allowed to carry weapons in the conference center, and inside of the actual conference chamber even she was not allowed to be armed.”​
So basically only the assigned guards (YSA and Star Army soldiers specifically assigned to security plus the samurai of Ketsurui Clan members) make it past security with weapons. Not even ceremonial stuff! But all of Kyoto is a “safe” Risk Level anyway so no worries.

Reminder that Motoyoshi are more or less expected to spend every waking moment not devoted to serving the Empire to be used furthering Yugumo's prosperity, and also find time for relentless self-improvement in there.

I still need to figure out the who and how of bringing up the merchant spacer standards org

As an FYI to diplomat attendees, Wes has scheduled a JP for this IRC in the Spring Events announcement:
Thursday, March 21 @ 8:30pm EST: International Relations Conference - Diplomat/Leaders Meeting with Imperial Premier Hanako hosted by Wes

As a reminder: we have a JP coming up this Thursday at 8:30 p.m. US-Eastern time, where @Wes will have Yamataian Premier Hanako show up. After that, we'll probably continue the SP for some short time so that people who missed the JP can chime in. If you have some RP to do before that JP, I encourage you all to post it in the current IRC46 thread today or tomorrow as to not break up the flow of the scene.

Once that intro RP winds down (like it currently has) and people stop posting, we can move on to break-out sessions for more diplomacy. At that point, I will either:
  • Close the initial thread and make a "Day 1/Negotiations" thread for diplomatic characters to post their JPs and SPs OR
  • Write a meet-and-greet wrap up post to be a guide mark within the existing IRC thread.
Please let me know your preference as players/FMs.

As a reminder: we have a JP coming up this Thursday at 8:30 p.m. US-Eastern time, where @Wes will have Yamataian Premier Hanako show up. After that, we'll probably continue the SP for some short time so that people who missed the JP can chime in. If you have some RP to do before that JP, I encourage you all to post it in the current IRC46 thread today or tomorrow as to not break up the flow of the scene.

Once that intro RP winds down (like it currently has) and people stop posting, we can move on to break-out sessions for more diplomacy. At that point, I will either:
  • Close the initial thread and make a "Day 1/Negotiations" thread for diplomatic characters to post their JPs and SPs OR
  • Write a meet-and-greet wrap up post to be a guide mark within the existing IRC thread.
Please let me know your preference as players/FMs.
Sadly if this is all going to be done via JP I may have to figure something else out.

Sadly if this is all going to be done via JP I may have to figure something else out.
Well I've been eagerly awaiting your continued participation and would hate to see your contributions cease.

The upcoming JP was scheduled by Wes to introduce Hanako and maximize his time, I believe, and I'm sure he'll continue to reply in SP once the character is present.

Beyond that, there are no set JPs. However, in previous years, diplomat players have scheduled one-on-one side JPs and posted them in the active thread. The IRC is currently taking place primarily via forum posts and will continue to be this year.

I hope that offers some clarity and encouragement. Especially because the Norian presence in RP offers something truly "international" in contrast with the majority presence currently participating.

Yeah, I'll be posting in the thread in SP as well. Sorry for the delay.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back