• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

OOC International Relations Conference YE 46 Planning & Discussion

Had an emergent medical fun thing happen, I have an appointment this evening and might not be able to make the JP. If I get back in time, I'll be there.

Hey, emissaries and extras! After discussing things with Wes over the past week, I've made a new thread for diplomacy. It seemed like a good time because no one has replied to the last for a couple days. Think of this as the "Day 2+" thread in the tradition of previous years.

Link: [IRC 46] Negotiations

This one's more actual business focused than the first evening's meet-and-greet. If people want more IRC-social then I can make a Day 2 thread for that, too, but the interspersed social stuff by was getting distracting. This "Negotiations" thread is limited to diplomats rather than generally any character like the first one. It's been over a month since the first thread started, so I feel like every non-diplomat who wanted to had their chance to make an appearance by now.

Have fun!

I still haven’t figured out how to introduce merchant spacer stuff D:
It is theoretically a proposal originating from the Yamatai Star Empire. You can have a Yugumo Merchant Spacy person show up and make a brief statement. Basically "Hello, the Yugumo Corporation has devised a set of merchant shipping procedures we hope can be adopted as an interstellar standard" and then link to your wiki page as some data sent to representatives. You can even go deeper if you have the motivation, but nothing wrong with keeping it simple.

Hanako can introduce/sponsor the Yugumo representative if you need an in. Or I can have Aiko step up and do it as the conference organizer (if Wes doesn't have the time). Let me know if you need that assistance.

I still haven’t figured out how to introduce merchant spacer stuff D:

I can wait to have Toidorno re-ask his question about valid Prey targets until you've had the chance to introduce Merchant Spacy business, Yuuki.

Or if you want more time to think about it, we can do Toidorno's question first and get that wrapped up.

I can wait to have Toidorno re-ask his question about valid Prey targets
Please continue that discussion in the Day 1 thread. It didn't seem like you were going to post again on the topic after Hanako's reply considering that you were making tons of posts in other threads, and that's why Day 2 was finally made.

Please continue that discussion in the Day 1 thread. It didn't seem like you were going to post again on the topic after Hanako's reply considering that you were making tons of posts in other threads, and that's why Day 2 was finally made.

Ahh, I was waiting patiently to let other folks have the chance to respond. Toidorno asked the Sky Marshall a question, and he also asked everyone else a question as well.

For this Day 2 discussion, I may have other topics for Toidorno to bring up depending on how the Day 1 stuff ends, and what kinds of RP folks are looking to have.

It seems we have stalled a bit. Any faction's representative is welcome to propose something, it doesn't have to be Yamatai.

If there is anything I can do to help things along and start a new topic IC, such as introduce a Yugumo representative (@Yuuki) to talk about the merchant spacy proposal, I am still very willing to do that. Or anything else. Just hit me up via forum PMs or Discord DMs; I wouldn't want to set us on a particular path unless the involved parties are fully prepared.

A note on the new thread, as I've already communicated to Wes: I tried to write it as a seamless transition. The only thing different is that it's day instead of night and everyone's in their same places around the table as they were the night before, so as to minimize the cognitive load and gear-switching for participants. Even if you did not post your representative around the table in the first thread, it is assumed every representative is there. Thread 2 is essentially a new scene but also not a new scene at all.

I might have Senator Tamafune make her attempt to make an official "burying of the hatchet" between the DION and Reds. It's a little more visible then I attended since she is well... no one of importance.
It sounds like a fun post to have her do it publicly over the roundtable. But if you'd rather do something more quiet on the side, then I'm sure we could arrange a SP or JP with Gunhand/you/me (Gaelan/Tamafune-via-Horatio/Aiko) if you'd like. I'd be happy to make the connection happen IC if you want something more complex.

Go fer it.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back