• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Is parrying with aether saber-rifles possible?

Fred

Retired Staff
I think I remember someone asking me that a while back - don't recall who. I didn't have any answer for it and suggested the question be brought up but... *looks around* I haven't seen the question pop up anywhere, so, I'm asking.

Mindy power armors have these cool aether saber-rifles. In rifle mode, they can make nasty, potentially fatal beams that can wipe out other power armors on good hits. The rifle's pulse mode might be slightly less lethal, but fires three times faster.

However, the M2 Mindy W2901 can also generate a aether sword blade that is probably everybit as lethal as the beam mode, but always constant at the cost of range. Now, with the amount of infighting the SARP has been seeing lately, this could make kickass swordfighting scenes should one power armor face another - just think on it: two armors whom have blades that can chop through nearly anything and armors which makes them as fast as their thoughts. This stuff could just smack of coolness. ^_^

However, I don't actually know if the sword projection of a saber-rifle can block and parry another. Can it stop the oncoming sweep of another aether-generated blade? Can it actually deflect an oncoming beam if positioned the right way?

Cora said:
Wait wait, the blade is emitted from the barrel of the rifle, yes?
No, the aether beam has alwas been emitted from the blade-like part(s) of the rifles. The barrel that the new W2901 rifle has is only for the anti-personnel functionality (basically an NSP built into it).

RPG-D RPGfix
Back