• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Jailtime for Makter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

The two officers had brought the bum into one of Funky City's several police stations. The building was a multi-story, somewhat run down but still operable facility. A flurry of activity greeted the three as they entered the station. The atmosphere was simply chaos. Arrested criminals sat on benches, yelling obcenities at police officers who threatened them with rifles. The phones flew off the hooks, and the loud crackling noise of the dispatcher radio seemed to never stop on the intercom. The two officers took the bum and threw him onto the bench.

"Stay here. What' s your name?" The seemingly-polite-but-turned-bad officer said.

"Makter Feltly." He gave another twitch of the eyes while he went back to scratching his head. Though his eyes still jittered side to side to keep up his constant act he was scanning the entire station, well at least the parts of which could be seen from the bench. His thoughts then wondered to his things still hidden in a cooler back in that vacant building. He'd have to trek his way all the way back to them and hope they were still there. He didn't move much at all except for maybe a lean that could have been caused by his lack of attention to his motor functions.

The officer nodded with a grunt and went to a desk, where a Nepleslian man in casual clothing sat. With a nod, the seated man pulled out a series of papers and put them on the desk. The officer who pulled Makter in returned to his suspect.

"Go to that man over there and fill out those papers. If you don't, there's going to be a world of hurt for you."

He stood up to do as he was told ignoring the threat as just a regular comment for the situation. He wouldn't have to lie about much of anything he was after all a bum. Standing in front of the desk with the papers he picked up the pen and stared blankly down at them filling in at least his name before scanning over it.

The papers contained all the basic questions one needed for proper identification: Name, age, occupation, address, etc. The person at the desk was a pudgy, middle-aged man with short black hair and a cold glint in his eye. "You gonna stare at that shit all day or fill it out? I got dozens of people behind you. Get moving."

The nervous tapping of the pen helped him block out the noise of the surrounding environment as he thought. The entire smell of the station was kind of bothering him as was the dirt he could feel on his face and arms. He normally liked to keep as clean as possible but he needed to keep up this look.

"Sorry man but I can't answer some of these cuz I ain't got no home or job and what not..."

He filled in his age as 23 and left out a lot of other info like his parents names since he really didn't know theirs which kinda made him depressed.

"Man this sucks I just wanted a beer..."

Pushing the papers forward filling out everything the best he could he went back to scanning what he saw behind the desk looking for the computer.

"You'll want whatever the fuck we tell you to want." The man snatched the papers and scanned over them quickly. "Yeah, another parasite on our society gets himself thrown into jail. You ever thought about getting a damn job instead of wishing for beer or getting thrown into jail?" As he spoke, he motioned over to an officer.

He wanted to comment about having to be born into the society first to be able to have decent credibility to be hired for a job but didn't thinking that would just be asking for trouble. Instead he just nodded his head turned toward the direction the man was motioning to. Taking in the new appearance of the officer rather quickly he cast his eyes down and away from his face like he didn't want to hold eye contact to keep from being verbally assaulted some more.

The fat man laughed. "You're a smart one, you know? A real fucking genius. At least you know how to keep your goddamn mouth shut, UNLIKE SOME OF THESE OTHER ASSHOLES!" He said as he sharply stood up and aimed his anger at the unruly criminals seated on the bench. "SHUT THE FUCK UP!"

Frustrated, he spoke to the officer who had come to the desk, a burly ID-SOL. "Take genius here down to cell block 5."

The ID-SOL grabbed Makter by the arm and yanked him down a set of stairs.

The jerk hurt more then he let on the jump down the side of the building earlier today had given his body a bit of a sore back. Trying his best just to keep the steady pace so he wasn't jerked around as much he followed suit. He had to behave himself because the sooner he got out the sooner he could get back to his things "and get the fuck out of dodge" as the old saying goes.

The corridor was obviously underground, moss growing on the corners of the ceiling and a constant dampness permeating the area. The ID-SOL took Makter past four cages all filled with people. His cage was nearing capacity as well, and the closer one got to it, the more the foul stench of dirt and sweaty human flesh attacked the nostrils.

The ID-SOL pulled out his pistol with his free hand, shoved Makter against the far wall, and opened the cage.

"Get in. The rest of you know the drill. Move and you die.â€

As soon as the officer was out of site Mak turned around and leaned back against the door. A loud crack broke the silence as he popped the joints in his neck and glared at his new "friends".

"Soooo what you guys in for?" He was kinda smiling the right hand at his side was balled and ready for any negative reaction that seemed emanate in the present situation.

The loopy bum appearance he had when he came into the place was slightly lifted. His left hand was rubbing his face trying to get some of grime off but only smeared it in more.

Some people laughed at the new guy's casual question. Then a rush of answers came from the crowd, in a bizarre cacophony of sound.

"What you care so much bout' that"

"I ain't got nothin!"

"I'm innocent!"

"Shove it."

"You better shut up."

"How's it going, hotstuff?"

"You don't wanna know."

Other voices were simply indistinguishable from the noise. The people immediately around Makter minded their own business. One guy, in particular, was sitting against the far wall of the cell, looking at the newcomer.

"Cute..."

Still messing with the dirt on his face his almost painted blue eyes kept scanning to make sure they kept a fair distance away from him. Mak slid his back down the bars and crouched ready to jump up at a moments notice in case some one got any ideas they he wouldn't swing for.

"Yeah I figured as much." Mak didn't seem to be addressing any particular thing that was said just everything as a whole. "The FCPD is known for it's behavior and it's not like they much care for the well being of whoever they toss in these cells." He was more talking out loud to himself then the others accompanying him in the cell. "But the least they could do is tell us todays menu." He broke into a light smile and shrugged his shoulders keeping his head down but his eyes up.

Night was descending on Funky City, but nobody in the jail could tell because of the lack of windows and light apart from the dull, pounding flourescent lights that hummed incessantly.

Then, the sound of someone stepping down the stairs ringed through the cell block. People in the know pushed and shoved to get as close to the front of their cells as possible.

Mak felt himself being pulled away from the front of the cell, along with other, weaker cellmates.

Soon, the entire cell became the scene of a riot, with people punching and kicking eachother, trying to get to the front.

Letting himself being pulled away not wanting to draw to much attention to himself he sat against the back wall messing with his hair as if trying to straighten it out. His blue eyes didn't fit behind all the dirt and grim on his face yet they kept close track of the nearest threats. The stench in the cell was becoming worse off with all the activity and the new blood shed but he pushed it to the back of his mind as he focused in on the sound of the drawing footsteps.

Come on be some one to let me out of here or at least some food.

He open his mouth so just in case it was one of the guys that brought him in would know he was still in his part. "Can I get my beer now man?" He had a bit of a time suppressing a smile at slightly funny some one in jail calling out for a beer in a cell full of people starving for their freedom or the release of death.

Finally, the reason for the commotion was made clear. The same ID-SOL who threw Mak into jail came with a bucket full of bread. Well, not necessarily bread, but some kind of round, hard objects that could PASS as bread.

"FOOD TIME! FIRST COME FIRST SERVE!"

Passing by the first cage, he grabbed a handfull of bread and held it tantalizingly close to the needy hands that stuck out of the bars.

"Are you hungry? Awwww... really? You want to eat? Well... you've got to impress me first."

He pulled the food away and leaned his back against the wall. He was a rippling mass of muscles that almost reached the ceiling. A cruel smile spread across his lips.

"Show me that you want it."

As if on queue, the first cage once again broke into riotous fighting, as people simply punched everyone in their vicinity to be last man standing. The elder, the small and the weak cowered on the ground, surrendering immediately. Nobody who stood was safe from the assault. Blood pooled on the floor, collecting and running down a drain in the center of the cell.

Several bodies layed, some squirming, some unmoving. The victor, if you could call him that, was a sole Nepleslian man, with a cybernetic eye and bloodied hands. He held a bloodied shiv he had somehow procured within his cell.

The ID-SOL tossed the bread to the victor. Falling to his knees, the man silently feasted on the food, flecks of food and blood flying from his mouth and splattering on the floor.

Having seen enough, the ID-SOL opened the cage, picked up the shiv the man had been ignoring in his insane hunger, and took it.

The pitiful man didn't even feel the blow from the officer that shattered his jaw and teeth. He was unconcious before hitting the ground.

"That's what you get for contraband weaponry under my watch..."

The broken man only gurgled as he lay prone on the ground, unaware of the other cellmates who started to crawl over him to feed on the scraps....

"Like I'm gonna dance for some day old bread." It was more of a comment for himself then to be spoken out loud. Watching the people crawl over the broken man and take what was left of the food he kept his back against the far wall. He liked this location it kept people from sneaking up on him.

He popped his neck again loosening up his joints as if at any moment he expected a confrontation with one of his cell mates yet he kept his eyes low and on the ID-SOL's feet to keep track of where he was going. After a moment he kind of zoned out and stopped paying attention to everyone around him and sunk into his thought.

I wounder if you can Hack an ID-SOL... Do AI's build their own personality's or are they programmed with them to make them more tolerable? If they are installed with their own personality's what's preventing them to learn and adapt using the system to find a personality of their own choosing? Is it possible to put a ships AI system into a body and have it operate as a member of society? Would it have been easier to just set up on the other side of the counter and shoot the ID-SOL's with his new GP-12B? Or would he have been shot down trying? It's not like he had any real weapons training.... hand to hand he could pass with but against ID-SOL's it would have almost been useless at least not until he could get a handle on using that new arm....

He was still zoned out pondering endless question that just seemed to come to mind in no particular order.

His monstrous bloodlust satiated, the ID-SOL walked from cage to cage, throwing in handfulls of bread to the occupants of each cell.

"Eat up. This is the only meal for the day."

There were still some smaller fights in each cage, but the recent brawl had strangely calmed many of the prisoners.

While he was deep in thought, Makter felt a prod against his side.

"Hey, you gonna eat that buddy?"

A piece of bread had landed at Makter's feet. Next to him, a thin Nepleslian man with neon-dyed hair spoke.

The prod had slowly brought him around and it took a moment to comprehend what the man was talking about. Finally realizing that there was food in front of him he picked it up brushed what little crud had gotten onto it and handed it to the man next to him.

"No you can have it... I had a meal before I was brought in so I'm good to go for a time." In all reality he hadn't eaten at all today or yesterday for that matter but he was used to going long periods of time without food.... something he grew into since there was always lack of food living on the street. The man next to him looked in more need of it any ways and besides he was still a kid for the most part and could hold out better without the food.

"So what they bring you in for?" He just felt the urge to talk to the guy next to him at least to escape his thoughts for a moment. And he doubted the man would not tell him since he had just given the man his food for the day.

"Heh... I'm innocent. We all are, right?" The man winked at Makter as he snatched up the bread and gobbled it down. "Thanks man... haven't eaten all day.. The name's James."

He leaned in closer to this new person. "Haven't seen you here before. Bad time to come this way, man. This jail's the worst in Funky City. Whenever I'm on the run, I try to get as far away from this district as possible."

He was talking verly softly to Makter, and he pointed his finger at the back of a rather large man.

"That guy over there, he been in here a lot of times. He calls himself crusher... earned that name one night when I saw 'im pound a man's face into putty. He likes to pick on the new guys, so I suggest you lay low or make up some good story. I like you, kid. Don't want to see anything happen to that pretty face of yours."

"Thanks for the heads up... and the pretty face comment I guess..."

Maks eyes trained on the "crushers" head and started to size him up and study where he put all his weight when he moved. Turning his head downward to the mans feet he acted as if he was dozing off watching the "crushers" feet to make sure he kept a safe distance away from him.

Great stuck in a shit hole district with a bunch of over aggressive apes both inside and outside the cages. You should have just kept running Mak you should have just kept running....

"Hey man, no problem. I got your back, you got mine. The cops are gonna come down soon, shut off the lights. We better grab a good spot before all hell breaks loose. Nothin' better than a corner."

The man slid alongside the wall until he rested against the back-right corner of the cell. The other residents of the cell were still eating, so he met little resistance. With a hand, he signalled to Makter to come.

Mak scooted over with the man but didn't get to close to the man not that he didn't trust him it's just he didn't want anyone to think he was being taken care of by the guy. Keeping a few feet between him and the man he never moved his eyes off the "crushers" feet making sure he was at an acceptable distance the entire time.

"How long can they hold ya if you didn't really do anything wrong?" He asked the guy next to him trying to judge how long he had been in here. "Or do they just forget about you down here?"

"That depends, man. If you keep cool and lie low, you can get out in a day or two. If you act dumb, you can expect to see a lot of time. This all depends on what you did, though. If you killed a man, you're in deep shit. If you do something that they have to take you to prison for, you better start prayin'. I been there once, it ain't pretty. Hell, it is."

The man called Crusher paced the center of the cell as others cowered away from him. Crusher had a rather large pile of bread in front of him, and seemed to be challenging people. He clenched his right fist and waved his left hand around, challenging people.

"Yeah, you wanna eat? You gotta get through ME! Which one of you pussies thinks you man enough t' try!?"

Nobody approached: Crusher's bulging muscles alone were enough to quell any response.

He scanned the crowd until his eyes fell on a person he hadn't seen before. He pointed to the man in the corner.

"How about YOU?"

"Oh shit man, he's pointing at you... lie low, be his bitch and he won't kill you..." James whispered to Makter.

Mak's eyes rose off the Crushers feet and up his body till he was looking the man dead in the eyes. Maks eyes were an abnormal blue tint yet the defiance that he held in them was unmistakable. With a light hand gesture he pointed with two fingers to the center of his chest like silently asking. "Who Me?" He stood up brushing off the mans protests about laying low and being a bitch to some moron with a superiority complex. All and all though you could just say it's Maks ego flaring up but if this guy wanted to hoard all this food and prevent some of these people from eating just because he was tough then him.... Mak just couldn't let that slide, not now that he was being challenged.

With the same hand he pointed to himself with he lifted it up to scratch his chin and cheek with his thumb and pressed his back against the wall and stretched his legs out causing his body to slide up the wall till he was in a standing position. He could feel his heart already thumping preparing for both the fear and excitement that followed when one broke into a hand to hand fight. Mak kept the crushers shoulders in view since they were always an early warning system of an upcoming attack. Everything could be told about a person before they did it if you could read their shoulders right since balance shifts for almost ever thing a person does in their shoulders. He could still see the Crushers face while he watched his shoulders and spoke finally.

"You planning on hording all that food for yourself while some of these people haven't eaten? Ya know...." Mak finally stopped scratching at his chin and his cheek with his right thumb and a cocky grin pinched at the side of his lips. "That's not a very nice thing to do."

The muscles on Crusher's neck bulged at Makter's reply.

"So, you think you're badass you little shit?"

He walked up really close to the man against the wall, until his face was only two feet away from him.

"You wanna be a hero? Heros get their teeth smashed in, punk."

Before the man could even finish his last sentence Mak's left fist sprung up to bash the man's chin up. He didn't like the man moving in so close and he defiantly wasn't afraid of throwing the first punch. His right hand was still up slightly from when he was scratching his chin and now moved into a defensive position at the right of his head. His eyes locked onto the man and aimed to take a large step to his right to get his back off the wall and get into a more open space to maneuver.

The uppercut landed square on the large man's jaw, sending him reeling backward. Crusher's eyes widened for a moment, more from surprise than anything else, as he was accustomed to the smaller ones backing away from fights. Quickly regaining his balance, Crusher gingerly rubbed his chin and smiled. "Oh man, you're fucking dead."

The rest of the cell packed roughly against the walls of the cell, giving some space for the fight but also wishing more to crush together like sardines rather than catch an errant punch or kick...

Once the man had backed off he was able to take a few steps to the right to give him some room to dodge around if and when Crusher swung at him. His left hand now came up to the other side of his head for protection waiting to see what Crushers opening move would be. His feet shuffled side to side as he seemed to keep bouncing so he was ready to duck side to side.

"Oh, we gots ourselves a regular boxing boy here." Sarcasm rang in the man's voice. "Well, let's see what you got, boy." Crusher raised his fists up, and started moving. He was rather fast for his bulky size. Used to fighting in small spaces like jails, he advanced upon Makter quickly, closing what little distance they had to begin with almost instantaneously. He opened with a fast, jab to the face.

Following the shoulder straightening out with his eye's Maks body followed suit and ducked slightly under the left side of the punch and aimed to throw a quick two blows with his right fist up toward the center of Crushers chest. His brain was trying to think himself into pulling out and getting away from this guys strong arms and wear him down first before he moved in close, but this was to late he had already moved in to close as long as the man didn't take advantage of it right then he'd be alright. "I still got a lot of fight left in me!"

Standing over 6'3" and at least 60 pounds of muscle heavier than Makter, Crusher could care less if his opponents body blows went unblocked. He only wanted to close the distance between the two. Crusher was a bruiser, a man weaned on street violence. The hits did elicit a small grunt though. "Cute. Too bad you ain't got the muscle to back up your words." Practically on top of Makter, Crusher delivered a vicious head-butt to him.

His sight flashed red for a moment as he stumbled back and shook off the feeling. He had the power behind his punches since his arms were toned from fights he had been in and his legs were just as toned. Now that he was back a bit his right leg lifted and he drove it down toward the inside of Crushers left shin followed closely with a right hook toward the chin. "Think what you want like I said I'm just warming up!"

Crusher slid backward to avoid the debilitating blow to his shin, but his backward motion wasn't fast enough to avoid the right hook completely as it grazed his chin. "I don't think you know who you're dealin' with. I've fought men twice your size." The occupants of the surrounding cages were making lots of noise. Some took advantage of the attraction, taking bets on the fight.

"Yeah I bet you have but I doubt you've fought people like me." Taking another step back he lowered his hands slightly just below his chin. He shook his head still shaking off some of the pain on his forehead. His eyes checked the surrounding walls and the bared side of the cell and shuffled around till the bars were behind him only a few feet. "Lets go big boy I'm still up and imagine that I've got all my teeth."

"There'll be plenty of time to knock those pearly whites out of your smug face, prick" With complete and utter confidence, Crusher dropped his guard and approached Makter slowly, cracking his knuckles. "Fact of the matter is, if those were your hardest punches, you're in for a long, painful night..."

Maks fists clenched tighter and he rolled his shoulders. "You'd think so now don't you?" Mak took another step back his right heel was now planted on a back bar for support. He was trying to let Crusher feel like he was backing him into a corner and was just bluffing yet he was still waiting for the right moment. "All I've heard from you is a lot of talk and a butt of that rock head of yours."

With a growl, Crusher charged Makter attempting to grapple with the smaller man.

This was what he was waiting for and went for it. Ducking down low and pushing off the back of the bared wall he dove for Crushers legs to take them out as he ran forward. This would clip the mans legs out from under him and the momentum would cause crushers face to smash into the metal bars if not knock him out it would at least give him some much needed punishment.

The clipping maneuver hit crusher, but thanks in part to their weight differential, the move didn't serve to flip him over Makter, but rather spin him backward and send him careening into the bars. Falling, his shoulders and part of the back of his head hit the bar as Crusher fell onto his side on the cell's floor. The crowd roared at the move, some more bets changed hands. Crusher shook the stars out of his head and got up slowly.

Mak had already rolled over and was on his feet before crusher could even shake the stars away. Mak was closing the gap between them quickly and his right foot was already raising as the crusher was starting to rise up. His foot came down hard and fast to the left knee cap and his left hand was wheeled back readying for a punch just in case crusher popped up suddenly.

The foot to the left kneecap connected, causing the large man to return to his kneeling position with an exclamation of pain. Still, not one to lose the advantage so suddenly, he grabbed Makter's legs as he wound back for the punch and, with one tremendous pull, ripped them out from under him. With both of them on the floor now, Crusher literally rolled on top of Makter.

When flipped over he let his left hand slow the fall since it was already behind him. When he felt the man rolling on top of him his right elbow came up in front of him and he aimed it to push against the crushers throat as he pulled his left arm around to protect his head while he searched for an opening and his brained ticked away at things to do.

Pushing into Makter, Crusher was briefly delayed by the blocking elbow to his throat, but used his muscle with the weight and elevation advantage he had on Makter to grab his forearm with left hand and pin it down to the ground. With his opponent's other hand being used in a defensive manner, Crusher took this moment to reel back and drive his right elbow down into Makter's chest with tremendous force.

The wind burst out of him yet with the change of the weight now pushed on his chest his legs pushed back against the ground and he brought his knee up into Crushers groin and kept pushing trying to flip the man off and over him as he sucked in a sharp breath of air. His neck bulged and his face started turning red as he twisted as hard as he could trying to free his right arm and drive a fist into crushers face.

Crusher groaned as the knee connected with his groin, causing him to pitch forward a little. He had been hit there several times before, but this was one of those things that never became easier to endure with experience. Although Makter couldn't free his prone arm, his left arm did connect with Crusher's nose, causing a small trickle of blood to flow. As he felt the weight shift from under him, Crusher quickly gritted his teeth against the pain and pushed down, maintaining his position. Enraged, and with the adrenaline pumping through his veins, Crusher was content to trade blows to the face with Makter, delivering his own as he received his. The crowd noise was deafening. In the distance, the sound of an alarm rang.

He tucked his chin down and turned his head just in time to take the full of the blow to his head on the upper side of it away from his face. The blow also caused the opposite side of his head to throb from the bonk on the ground. With his own adrenaline coursing through him his head snapped up and cracked his head into Crushers face to give a little payback for the earlier head-butt. With a loud roar of his own his left palm pushed his chin up and pressed his thumb as hard as he could up into the mans jugular vein trying to cause him to roll off.

At that exact moment, canisters of teargas rattled into the room and burst open, spraying the area with noxious clouds of smoke. Gagging, Crusher rolled off of Makter. As everyone was suffering from the effects of the gas, a team of FCPD, equipped with guns and gas masks, stormed the area. They dragged both Makter and Crusher out of their cells and began carrying them off.

Holding his hands over his face trying to keep as much as the gas away from him he went limp and let them drag him off. Catching a quick glimpse at the crusher being dragged off ahead of him. This was going to cause some trouble.... defiantly going to cause some trouble unless he could think of a good enough reason to be in that fight.

The two men were dragged into separate areas. Makter could not see where he was being carried off to, but eventually the dizzying effects of the tear gas wore off and Makter found himself thrown into a dark, empty cell with no light.

It was impossible to see how big the room was, for the little light that poured in through slits of the metal door was soon ceased as a metal cover closed over it.

Pure, pitch darkness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back