• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP Concluded [JP] Aether Fireplaces Still Burn II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew

SARPiverse Culture Dreamer
Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
FM of Tsenlan
🌸 FM of Yamatai
Submissions Reviewer
🎖️ Game Master
RP Date
YE 45.7
RP Location
Tsenlanese Cultural Center, Kyoto
After - RP - [Open] Aether Fireplaces Still Burn

Tsenlanese Cultural Center​

Kyoto, Yamatai​

The Tsenlanese Cultural Center buzzed with activity as Uaeso and Tetsuya arrived. Uaeso had a meeting scheduled with Mistress Taisho, so he left his father to browse the bookstore on the first floor and took the elevator up to the conference center. This visit marked Uaeso's first time at the Cultural Center, and he couldn't help but wonder if the images of Old Noria would change once their homeworld had completed its restoration.

He felt nervous about the upcoming meeting with Mistress Taisho Ketsurui Yui, not just for his sake but also for his father and all those who had unwittingly become pawns in a game played by highly advanced false gods. Uaeso chose to wear his dark blue and black paneled United Norian Navy uniform, an unconventional choice compared to the more formal robes. However, it represented his current identity, at least until he resolved matters with his father.

Entering the elegantly decorated conference room, Uaeso noticed the oval portal-like windows displaying images of Vaalor City, their former capital. The conference table was minimalistic, surrounded by ergonomic chairs. Uaeso took a seat to the right of the head of the table, which he had reserved for Mistress Taisho. Chef Ayomeri had thoughtfully prepared a tray of Norian fruits and a pitcher of water for their refreshment during the conversation. Uaeso briefly glanced towards the door, then ran his fingers through his hair and took a deep breath, waiting to greet Mistress Taisho.

Yui pulled up out front of the Tsenlense Cultural Center in an LSTV utility vehicle, approaching rapidly like she was racing a go-kart, and came screeching to a halt in the parking lot. With a satisfied grin she left it there and went to knock on the door. Yui had a strong-sounding knock, the kind of door knock used by cops and other people who meant business. The Taisho was typically short-statured Nekovalkyrja with hairless catlike ears on the side of her head, long green hair, and eyes in a shade of red the same as the Hinomaru emblem the Star Army used. She was dressed in a fancy Star Army uniform with medal ribbons on her chest, and she carried her katana, the Ki Tsurugi, at her side.

Uaeso rose from the table and used the mindhive to open the door for the Taisho. With a welcoming smile, he greeted her and performed a respectful bow, followed by a traditional Norian military honor, crossing his right arm over his chest and resting his fist on his opposite shoulder. His voice brimmed with enthusiasm as he said, "Welcome, Mistress Taisho. I hope you'll have the opportunity to explore the place when we're finished. It's an honor to meet you in person. I've heard many commendable things about you, both from my father and from old documents we studied in school." He gestured towards the seat at the head of the table, patiently waiting for her to sit first.

Yui returned Uaeso's salute with a Yamataian salute followed by a bow, and then a handshake. "You may call me Yui," she said, taking a seat at the table. "Thank you for inviting me," she told him. "What is on your mind?"

The Kryso nodded his head slightly, "I wanted to meet you in person to discuss some hard truth that I have had to accept, something that all our people...even the ones here Tsenlan will need to accept," he said in a somewhat serious tone, "As you can tell, I was not exactly kidnapped, I was taken back to our home universe where I met with a faction of survivors called the Imperial System's Ascendancy of Noria, which has since become the United Norian Imperium. In my time there, I learned that the old religion of our people was far more than just something that held us back. It was a conspiracy designed by a higher technological power that tricked us into thinking they were gods." He took a breath and considered his words mindfully, "We've spent centuries living and dying for these beings. Tricked into believing that because our gods actually appeared to us, unlike other races, we were somehow blessed. We've been slaves," he admitted.

"During the Craethel War, a lot of us accepted technological enhancements that were led to believe were gifts, they were really inhibitors which robbed us of our true memories and made us compliant to their wishes. When they lost that hold on us, when we set out for the Kagami Galaxy their ruse began to fall apart," he explained. He wanted to be thorough now that it had been made official that they would not deceive their ally further on anything, "My father died during the battle which let us escape and make the final leap out of the Unvorsum. When we attempted to restore his IDE backup, it was fragmented. It how the persona of Airwin was made," he went further, and took just a moment for a sip of water, "Airwin may of seemed fine to you but he made decisions that were not in our best interests, his memories and understandings of things had been distorted. The lie about creatures that came from dimensional power sources was a lie. Strangely those entities were trying to tell us we were being controlled by their former masters," it somewhat felt as a relief to tell it all to her. He took a moment to let her respond to what he had said so far.

"Is Ayenee still under threat then?" Yui asked. "When the Norians evacuated to our space, what was it they were trying to escape? During Operation Fireplace, we were attacked by an enemy leviathan, what faction did it belong to?"

Uaeso let out a quiet sigh and shook his head as he reflected on the contents of Aurelia's report regarding her interactions with the Emperor and Empress of the U'rstholloshan Empire. He spoke with reluctance, saying, "When the Norians arrived here in Tsenlan, they believed they were the last remnants of our people. None of us, including myself, had any inkling that many of our kind still survived; we had been scattered across the galaxy."

He continued, "The Leviathan, Bathosar, originated from the U'rstholloshan Empire. It was their way of showing us the extent of our misconceptions on behalf of their government. Their actions, admittedly, are difficult to fathom. Their knowledge extends to the manipulation of those who deceived and controlled us. As it turns out, the only real threat they posed to Ayenee was eliminating the remaining MERN forces and repatriating the Norians there back to their homeland, all with the approval of our military's leadership," he explained.

Uaeso then added, "They've maintained settlements on Ayenee for centuries under a faction known as the Darkbane. In truth, they've occupied that world longer than we have. Many things remained concealed from us during that time, and the inhibitors in place made it even more challenging to see through the deceptions. My father, his sisters, a few others here, and I have had our inhibitors disabled. We aim to do the same for the rest of our people."

"They still attacked us," Yui pointed out, which was her way of saying she considered them fair game for retribution. "So you're saying that over 184 million Yamataian citizens have been implanted with a stupidity chip? The entire voting population of Akina? That is a massive problem. And you say you approved the elimination of your own MERN personnel?"

Uaeso nodded, "Voidics are dangerous; they are aggressive so I understand."He then nodded again, but corrected, "About one percent of the population is affected, and we've developed a nano-solution to disable the inhibitors which disables their effects. The UNI is willing to provide that without cost of course, and will do anything to help correct the problem that we can." He shook his head a little and took another sip of water, "Our negotiations with them went stagnant, our Director didn't arrive at Ayenee until after they had launched their solution, I'd hope that our people have interacted enough for you to know we'd never condone it," It was no secret that the U'rstholloshans was a massive nation and that they dwarfed the remains of Noria. "They've since left Ayenee, but not before they left one last marr toward my father on their way out. Their Emperor lashed out at him in a message, they have this uncanny way of taking the truth and weaving it into aggression, but that is what they are beings driven by the need to consume," the feeling he got from his thoughts was unsettling, not because of the fact he had to admit that Noria had not had its shit together in time, but by the fact that he now openly knew that the weapons and things they had used while under the influence had that same nature. He squeezed his eyes shut briefly, and straightened his posture, "I'm not here to take Tsenlan back, just to say they have the right to visit home if they choose to...and to try and get rid of any remaining who are under the influence of the inhibitor by disabling it," he said in summary.

"I see," Yui said. She didn't like what she was hearing. Things were simpler when the Norians had joined Yamatai, now, the Tsenlan were stuck in a position where they had to choose loyalties, and having transuniversal ships showing up in the Kagami Galaxy, from any faction, seemed like a security threat to her. One universe's problems were enough for her to deal with already. "Why come to me and not the Imperial Premier?" she asked. "Is there a military agreement you are interested in?" It was still hard to believe the entire Norian arrival and all the lives lost were based on complete bullshit.

Uaeso felt somewhat out of place, especially considering that the man who understood Yamataian politics was downstairs. He spoke with a touch of regret, saying, "To be honest, I don't possess a deep understanding of your political system. It's challenging to determine who within your nation knows our true origins and who isn't. We've been careful to respect the fact that transuniversal travel is classified for your citizens."

Aware that his arrival had added complexity to the situation, he couldn't ignore the truth. "As I mentioned, we have no intention of causing disturbances in Tsenlan. Most of our fellow citizens here are content, and we are willing to negotiate agreements that allow them occasional visits to their homeland," he clarified.

"In terms of the military, as I discussed upon my arrival, I understand that you are currently at war. This conflict poses a risk to our relatives and family members here, and we recognize that Tsenlanese individuals are allowed to join your Star Army," he stated confidently. Recalling his conversation with Ujin before departing, he continued, "We are prepared to offer our complete and unwavering support for your war effort. Please understand that our intentions are sincere. We have been liberated from our past constraints, and we genuinely seek what is best for all nations involved. Preserving the longstanding bond between Noria and Yamatai is almost as crucial to us as actions we took to restore my father properly."

"Thank you for your support. I will keep that in mind," Yui said, her red eyes looking into Uaeso's for a moment. "In a universe with few allies and many enemies, it is refreshing to have someone we can rely on." Her cool, skeptical expression softened some and she added, "Keeping that connection from the old times is important to me too. It's far too easy to take relationships for granted and leave them in neglect. I hope that we can keep the ongoing dialogue open from here on out. The Tsenlen are under Yamatai's protection and you can trust me to defend them with everything I have during this war."

Uaeso offered a warm smile and then gave a solemn nod. "Please excuse me for a moment, but I believe it's important for you to know that ever since your initial interactions with my grandfather, Adrin, during the Chaos Hive Wars, you've left an indelible mark on our civilization," he began. He wanted to convey this message sincerely, without coming across as overly enthusiastic. "Even during the darkest times of misguided racism and the beliefs we've since abandoned, your actions during that conflict, and those of your people, have been a subject of study in our schools."

He paused briefly, knowing that his next piece of information might sound unusual. "My father intends to return to our homeland, but there's another individual chosen to take his place," he said. "Speaking of my father, he's currently downstairs. You might not recognize him, as he's in a new body following his restoration, but he claims to be here to take you to dinner?" he said, his tone slightly awkward as he broached the subject.

To Be Continued...​

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back