• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Just playing along.

Nahaile giggled, this was always fun. she booted up the powerful system and settled into her niche inside the junker. No doubt the men were still gawking at such a monstrosity just sitting where she had left it before. In fact, as she started it up, the junker started to move on its own, due to its own AI, however dull it was. nahaile was oblvious to any shouts that may have resonated around her: she was in her own little world with her computer. Her little fingers hooked directly into the computer, and as the entire hand was cybernetic, hher other fingers raced across the keyboard with inhuman speed. Within seconds, Nahaile said through the junker into Vincent's radio, "I have the location of the patrol boat. I'm sending you the track I have on it right now. As soon as I see your men leave this ship, I will disable it." She laughed again.

"Affirmative. Better get started then." Vincent said, standing near the airlock. He stood by the airlock and, with a great heave, twisted it open. Then, much obliged to be in the void, jumped out. His Dark Demon twisted through space easily.

Nahaile sat there for a moment, admiring her handiwork, then with a flourish, she hit the final button. With that command, the patrol ship died. All systems, failed them. They sat in the blackness, wondering what the hell had happened to them. Nahaile had given them no time at all in order to beat back her incursion. She radioed Vince, "Vincypoo, the lights are all off at the moment inside their ship, but I will monitor your progress and turn them on as you advance. After you have secured it, I will restore all systems. Hey, I might even keep calling you that nickname, its fun!"

A soft voice on the bridge of the patrol craft. "Captain, we have been hacked. Permission to retaliate."

"Can you, without power."

"Captain, I am hurt. To think that something this easy cant be over come." A small light flickered into existence. "Restoring power now." The lights and sensors popped back into activity. "I get paid good for stuff like this." The man sat with a personal computer on his arm and links to the board by him running. A black stiletto flickering on the screen beside him. "Back at you, Hacker." The blade disappeared from his screen and flickered into the junker, to pop up on the attacker's screen.

Vincent's crew, meanwhile, made contact with the hull of the patrol craft. The Buzzard easily sliced through the hull, making a nick wide enough to slip through into a maintenance duct barely large enough for a standard PA to fit through.

Vincent and crew obliged and slipped inside.

The freespacer's hands flew even faster, vastly outpacing the opposing hacker. She smiled, it had been a long time since she had had competition such as this. The stiletto on her screen shattered, and flew back to the enemy's screen, growing until it covered the entire screen. "Can you even see the commands you input now? Hacker, bah. I am far more." Her voice was not simply for her own pleasure, she made sure the enemy herd them as well.

A hint of a grin. "I have a challenger. Lets play." His fingers tapped the keys with rapid succession. There was a flicker on his screen but nothing appeared. The oppositions screen went black as well. The words were audible. "Most challenges are best unseen." There was soft grin in the tone.

The Captain sent troops to try to blockade the boarding parties. Three light armors were about all he had.

"Luckily," Nahaile told her opponent, "I can see data without light, but to make things fair, I will limit myself to no sight at all. I will still win, you know. But you have provided me with a fun time, so lets make the most of it!" And with that, Nahaile's hands whirled over the keyboard creaing complex codes meant to do nefarious things to her opponent's computer. She created an infinite loop in the computer's 'outbox' in order to bog down her opponent's counterattacks. Simultaneously, she sent a viscous attack code directly at the enemy computer, which would eat up certain processes and operations. At the same time, she also created a back door procedure line from her computer and covertly hooked it up directly with her opponent's computer. She giggled as she established the connection.

A hint of a grin. "Too bad your fighting against yourself." The loop cracked as it was overloaded by audio tracks. The speakers in the junker started pumping out harmonies and harmonics both pleasurable to the nervous system and her lights started strobing. The back door opened into his system, but the codes were all in jibbereish. The translator programs in her system could not make anything of the code as it was. Her attack found itself bounced into a sealed box of data. His attack flickered into her system in the audio tracks. The shear number was daunting, they hit her system and shot into different parts of the ship.

The myriad of sounds Nahaile's opponent had sent upon her were, in fact, sent to a proxy system and contained easily. With a flick of her finger, Nahaile whisked away all of the annoying sounds, and rebounded them upon the sender. "Hm," she said to herself, "Jibberish, I love jibberish!" Her hands whirled over the keyboard and withing a span of maybe then seconds made sense of the jibberish before her; now she had a direct connection with her enemy. Instantaneously, Nahaile uploaded one of her massive programs she had saved for final blows into her opponent's computer, effectively shutting it off. As the program uploaded with prodigious speed, Nahaile giggled, "Obviously, you weren't looking the right way, because if you were looking at me, you would realize that I am, in fact, fighting you."

The outer defense recently set had forwarded the incoming program into the pirate computer. A grin formed. "How can you be fighting me, when you just shut down your friends system. Oh they are not going to like that." His OS was not word based, but sound. His commands screamed incoherently into her system bringing with it overloads in her engines.

The 15 armors inside the patrol craft spotted the three pathetic armors moving their way. Vincent was eager to give the order.

"Ventilate them!" Almost immediately after 'ventilate', the corridor started blazing with lead, aether and antimatter. An RPG struck the wall behind the armors.

It was true, Nahaile had been surprised at the revelation that her opponent's OS was sound based, but she started to adapt. Immediately, she utilized her pinky finger's direct connection with her computer. She instantly shifted one of her digital brain's processes into translating the language; the translation process became only a slight disadvantage. Nahaile again dumped the attack on the Charmer's Luck into a proxy system. During all of the next operations, she checked the destination of data in order to make sure all damage was dealt to her opponent. The direct connection with her opponent was still established, and it took Nahaile only a few seconds to translate one of her final blow dealers into sounds, and send it straight into the heart of her opponent's computer. "You do know if you stay there at that computer," Nahaile sadly said, "you will die as an enemy combatant. You have been a great competitor, and I would hate to see such talent wasted for nothing. Lay down your arms and surrender, otherwise you will die. I wish you well."

The translation program error-ed in full conversion. Then the system dropped connection.

The captain looked at the oncoming invaders. His hand still on the jettison switch. "Got you now." He did not wear a standard uniform. His hand fell to the self destruct console. "Time to go." His hand fell away as a blast of energy cut him in half. The core exploded outside the hull taking Stiletto with it. The Computer tech that fell away with the core never knew who killed him.

"What the-" The feeling of an explosion swept through Vincent as his shields crackled from the EMP released by the explosion. He continued firing as his ears rang and gunfire continued to crack and sizzle down the hallway.

"Vincypoo, I don't yet know what happened, but I will try restoring my system after that hacker battle I had and attempt to find out who shot at you. Hang in there!!" Nahaile yelled at Vince. "Nix that, get out of there ASAP!"

"Nothing wrong, systems just got a bit fried." Vincent hefted the weight of an EMP grenade in his armor's left hand before arming it and tossing it down the hallway into the enemy Power Armor group's midst.

The EMP shut down the first two suits. The third got off a double burst of low velocity rounds. The rounds chattered into walls and door frames. A speakers on the walls announced in a some what slurred tone. *The self-destruct has been activated. Time to Self destruct, one minute.*

"... Oh... Shit... Get through that hull, and I mean now!" The Buzzard Salvage Suit made its way to the wall and put a fist-sized hole into it before one of the bullets in the enemy suit's burst ricocheted off the wall and burst the oxyacetylene tank on the back of the Buzzard. Vincent took the initiative to do the rest, inserting said fist into the hole and tearing it wide open.

"Everyone out, now!"

They all obliged, propelling themselves away from the Patrol Craft as fast as they could.

"Vincypoo, when will you listen. I had control of their cameras and saw that they were about to self destruct it. If you had done what I said, you would't have been in such a rush." Nahaile smiled, "But you did well. Come on back now, if you're ready that is."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back