Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Kōzan kaisha no shiten no hajimari

The Ambassador had to wonder, as Alice explained the testing she'd undergone, whether a program could be designed to pass the Baqnor. If a set of if/then statements, given a body, could satisfy the five tests... Could recite the history, could hunt and endure and fight... What then did the test prove? Was Alice truly alive, in the way a flesh-born thing was alive, or was she merely a convincing simulacrum? And what of beings grown in vats, or whose young budded on the surfaces of their bodies, or of even stranger things that manifested in clouds of gas or limpid pools of bacterial soup?

Alice appeared sentient, by her own words, and... by her actions? Toidorno leaned back in his chair, troubled by the unwelcome thoughts. He didn't want to consider this person as any thing less than alive and sentient. He found himself struggling with a small, strange prejudice against her origin, and he did not like the feeling. Perhaps it had to do with the Clan's own 'Created', their versions of robots. Those were machines designed with very deliberate limitations, who surely... Could not gain sentience... At least, none had so far been reported as having gained as much...

It had been a moment since he had eaten anything, and Toidorno realized that he might've been behaving strangely as Alice spoke of the Lady Nyx Pine, and that Gynoid's own experiences.

"Your Lady Nyx Pine sounds like a remarkable woman." he said, attempting to obscure the thoughts that were distressing him, feeling it would be inappropriate to reveal his worries. "Did she join you at this Conference? I wonder if it wouldn't be conducive to our cooperative goals if I were to meet more members of your Guild's leaders."

As Toidorno expressed admiration for Lady Nyx Pine, Alice's smile widened, her heart swelling with pride at the recognition of her friend's accomplishments. It was not only the acknowledgment of Nyx's remarkable qualities that pleased Alice, but also the subtle yet significant gesture of referring to her as a woman—a testament to the respect and inclusivity that Toidorno extended to all sentient beings.

"Thank you," Alice replied, her voice tinged with gratitude. "Lady Nyx truly is a remarkable woman, and I am fortunate to count her as a friend."

As Toidorno posed his next question, Alice nodded in affirmation, confirming Lady Nyx's presence at the previous gathering. "Yes, she was there," Alice explained, her tone thoughtful. "Though she wasn't officially representing the Mining Guild or the Clan of the Sunset, as you call them. Instead, she was here in Yamatai interacting with her auntie who is a part of a foreign exchange program between the empire and the NDC Duskerien Legion."

The mention of Lady Nyx's familial connections and her aunt’s participation in the exchange program sparked a sense of curiosity in Alice, prompting her to reflect on the interconnectedness of their lives and the myriad opportunities for collaboration and connection that lay ahead.

"As for meeting more members of the Guild leadership, that is certainly possible," Alice continued, her mind already buzzing with ideas. "Perhaps before we leave to go to your Clan's territory, I could arrange a meeting between you and Astrid Kurosaki, the CEO of the Guild. It would be an excellent opportunity to discuss potential collaborations and explore ways in which our organizations can work together for mutual benefit. You'll also soon meet Sora Kurosaki, who has been picked to head up the Branch here too."

With a sense of determination, Alice resolved to facilitate meaningful connections between the Mining Guild and the Hidden Sun Clan, laying the groundwork for a future of cooperation and collaboration that would benefit both parties. And as she looked towards the horizon, she knew that together, they could achieve great things.

As Alice stood in the bustling arrivals area of the Yamatai Star Empire's Space Port, her anticipation palpable in the air, she couldn't help but feel a surge of excitement coursing through her veins. With each passing moment, her heart beat a little faster, her eyes scanning the crowd for any sign of the Rabbit Anthro—the new Branch Head of the Mining Guild, Sora Kurosaki.

The prospect of Sora's arrival marked a significant milestone in the expansion of the Mining Guild into the Yamatai Star Empire, a testament to the organization's commitment to growth and prosperity in new territories. As the Mining Guild's diplomat, Alice couldn't help but feel a sense of pride and excitement for the future that lay ahead.

With a smile that lit up her features, Alice's eyes sparkled with anticipation as she imagined the possibilities that awaited them. She envisioned a future where the Mining Guild thrived in the Yamatai Star Empire, forging new partnerships and establishing a presence that would shape the course of interstellar commerce for years to come.

As she waited patiently for Sora's arrival, Alice's mind buzzed with excitement, her thoughts racing with plans and strategies for the expansion ahead. She knew that with Sora at the helm, the Mining Guild was in capable hands, poised to embark on a new chapter of growth and success.

And as the minutes ticked by and the crowd began to thin, Alice's excitement only grew stronger. With each passing moment, she felt a renewed sense of determination and purpose, ready to embrace the challenges and opportunities that lay ahead in the vibrant and dynamic world of the Yamatai Star Empire.

As Alice caught sight of Sora amidst the bustling crowd, her heart skipped a beat with excitement. With a determined stride, she made her way through the throng of travelers, her eyes fixed on the dark-furred Rabbit Anthro who stood out amidst the sea of faces.

"Sora!" Alice called out, her voice ringing with warmth and excitement as she approached the shorter woman. With a beaming smile, she extended a hand in greeting, her eyes sparkling with genuine delight. "Welcome to the Yamatai Star Empire and its capital, Kyoto!"

As she spoke, Alice's heart swelled with a sense of camaraderie and friendship, eager to welcome Sora into the fold of the Mining Guild's endeavors in this new territory. With a sense of purpose and determination, she reached out to assist Sora with her luggage, ready to embark on this new chapter of their journey together.

With Sora by her side, Alice knew that they could accomplish anything, their shared vision and determination propelling them forward into a future filled with promise and opportunity. And as they set off towards their destination, Alice couldn't help but feel a sense of excitement and anticipation for the adventures that lay ahead in the vibrant and dynamic world of the Yamatai Star Empire.

Sora smiled at Alice, "thank you Alice, I'm looking forward to exploring Kyoto, and forming the new branch of our Mining Guild." She said to Alice. "so, retrieving my luggage, then next stop the apartment, right?' she asked Alice.
Alice nodded in agreement, her own excitement bubbling just beneath the surface. "Absolutely, Sora," Alice replied, her voice filled with anticipation. "We'll retrieve your luggage first, and then head straight to the apartment. I've made all the arrangements, so everything is ready for your arrival."

With a sense of purpose, Alice led the way through the bustling spaceport, navigating the crowd with ease as she guided Sora towards the baggage claim area. As they retrieved Sora's luggage, Alice couldn't help but feel a surge of excitement at the thought of the journey that lay ahead.

"Once we have your luggage, we can head to the apartment and get you settled in," Alice explained, her tone warm and reassuring. "I've arranged for everything you'll need, so you can focus on getting acquainted with your new surroundings and diving into the work of establishing our presence here in Kyoto."

With each step, Alice felt a renewed sense of purpose and determination, fueled by the knowledge that they were embarking on a journey that would shape the future of the Mining Guild in the Yamatai Star Empire. And as they made their way towards their destination, she couldn't help but feel a sense of excitement and anticipation for the adventures that lay ahead. Together, she knew that they could accomplish anything, their shared vision and determination guiding them towards a future filled with promise and opportunity.

Sora's grin widened with gratitude as she watched Alice move to retrieve her luggage, appreciating her colleague's generosity and thoughtfulness. With Alice's assistance, they quickly located Sora's belongings among the sea of bags, their easy teamwork a testament to the camaraderie that had already begun to blossom between them.

"Thank you, Alice," Sora said sincerely, her voice filled with warmth as she reached for her luggage. "I truly appreciate your help."

As they made their way towards the doors of the spaceport, Sora's excitement bubbled just beneath the surface, eager to begin this new chapter of her journey with the Mining Guild. She could hardly contain her anticipation as they stepped outside, where a sleek ride awaited them, ready to whisk them away to the Satoh apartments.

With a sense of exhilaration, Sora climbed into the vehicle beside Alice, her heart racing with excitement at the prospect of exploring Kyoto and embarking on the task of establishing the new branch of the Mining Guild. As the vehicle hummed to life and began to glide through the bustling streets of the city, Sora couldn't help but feel a surge of anticipation coursing through her veins.

With Alice by her side and the promise of new adventures on the horizon, Sora knew that she was ready to dive headfirst into the challenges and opportunities that awaited her in this vibrant and dynamic city. And as they journeyed towards their destination, she couldn't help but feel a sense of gratitude for the opportunity to be a part of something truly special, surrounded by friends and colleagues who shared her passion and dedication to the Mining Guild's mission.

Alice led the way with purposeful strides, guiding Sora toward the entrance where their awaiting vehicle stood ready. The sleek, polished car reflected the afternoon sunlight, a symbol of the efficiency and care that marked every aspect of the Mining Guild’s operations. As they approached, the vehicle’s door opened smoothly, revealing Yoko, a reliable and trusted member of Alice’s team.

Yoko, dressed in a crisp uniform, stepped out with a welcoming smile, her movements swift and professional. "Welcome, Miss Kurosaki," she greeted Sora warmly, nodding respectfully to both women.

"Thank you, Yoko," Alice responded, her tone appreciative. She then motioned for Sora to step into the vehicle. "After you, Sora. I want to make sure you’re comfortable before we head to the apartment."

Sora gave a nod of thanks and gracefully entered the vehicle, the plush interior offering immediate comfort. Alice followed closely behind, ensuring that Sora settled in before taking her own seat.

Meanwhile, Yoko efficiently gathered Sora’s luggage, placing each bag carefully in the vehicle’s spacious trunk. The bags, though numerous, were handled with care, as Yoko ensured everything was securely stowed away. Once the task was completed, she hurried back to the driver’s side, her focus shifting seamlessly to the next phase of their journey.

As Yoko took her position behind the wheel, the vehicle smoothly pulled away from the curb, merging effortlessly into the flow of traffic. Inside, the atmosphere was calm and welcoming, with soft music playing in the background and the city of Kyoto beginning to reveal itself through the windows.

Alice glanced at Sora, her eyes twinkling with excitement for what lay ahead. "I hope you find the apartment to your liking. It’s in a great location, close to everything you’ll need as you settle into the city."

Sora nodded, her expression one of anticipation. "I’m sure it will be perfect, Alice. Thank you for all of this. It’s clear that you’ve put a lot of thought into making sure my transition here is as smooth as possible."

Alice smiled warmly. "Of course, Sora. We’re all thrilled to have you here. I’m confident that you’ll make an incredible impact as the new Branch Head. Kyoto is just the beginning."

As the vehicle navigated the bustling streets of Kyoto, both women shared a quiet moment of reflection, their thoughts focused on the future and the exciting journey that lay ahead. The city, vibrant and full of life, seemed to welcome them with open arms as they made their way toward the next chapter in their shared adventure with the Mining Guild.

As the vehicle glided through the bustling streets of Kyoto, Alice turned to Sora with a thoughtful expression. "Sora, there's something I’ve been meaning to share with you," she began, her tone carrying a hint of excitement. "I haven’t told your mother yet, but I’ve been presented with a remarkable opportunity."

Sora’s ears perked up with interest, her dark eyes focused on Alice. "Oh? What kind of opportunity?" she asked, curiosity evident in her voice.

Alice smiled, her excitement growing as she continued. "I’ve been invited to the Hidden Sun Clan’s territory to participate in the Baqnor Ritual. It’s a very challenging ordeal, but I’m confident I’ll succeed. It’s not just about the personal achievement—though that’s important—but the potential benefits for the Mining Guild are immense. The respect I’ll earn for the Guild, especially among the Hidden Sun Clan, could open up significant opportunities for us."

Sora’s eyes widened slightly, a mix of admiration and concern crossing her features. "The Baqnor Ritual… I’ve heard it’s incredibly difficult. But if anyone can do it, Alice, it’s you. The respect you’ll earn from completing it would indeed be invaluable for the Mining Guild."

Alice nodded, appreciating Sora’s confidence in her. "Thank you, Sora. I’ve done my research, and I’m preparing myself mentally and physically for what’s to come. But before any of that, there’s still time for Yoko and me to show you around Kyoto. I want to make sure you’re settled in and comfortable before I leave."

Sora smiled warmly, touched by Alice’s thoughtfulness. "That sounds wonderful, Alice. I’d love to see more of the city and get to know my new surroundings. And I’m grateful that you’re taking the time to do this, especially with such a big challenge ahead of you."

Alice’s eyes sparkled with enthusiasm. "It’s my pleasure, Sora. Kyoto has so much to offer, and I’m sure you’ll love it here. We’ll make sure you have everything you need before I head off to the Hidden Sun Clan’s territory."

As the vehicle continued its journey through the vibrant city, the two women exchanged more thoughts and plans, their conversation flowing easily. The anticipation of the upcoming adventure mingled with the immediate task of helping Sora settle into her new role and environment, creating a sense of excitement and purpose for them both.

As the vehicle continued smoothly along the streets of Kyoto, Yoko spoke up from the driver's seat, her tone professional yet friendly. "Ambassador, you also have that business trip to the Tange System, dealing with the Nepleslian Reds and Ryu Keiretsu. But don’t worry, I’ll make sure that Miss Kurosaki here has everything she’ll need."

Alice glanced over at Yoko with a nod of appreciation, while Sora perked up at the mention of the upcoming tasks.

Yoko continued, "Oh, and if you'd like, I can assist her with handling the hurdles for citizenship—something she'll likely need to open the branch of the Mining Guild without any hassle."

Sora looked over at Alice, her expression a mix of relief and gratitude. "That would be incredibly helpful, Yoko," she said. "I know there are always a lot of bureaucratic steps involved, and I’d hate for anything to slow down the process of establishing the new branch."

Alice smiled at the exchange, feeling reassured by Yoko’s capable presence. "It’s good to know you’re in such experienced hands, Sora. With Yoko’s help, you’ll be able to focus on the more important aspects of setting up the branch, without getting bogged down by paperwork."

Yoko gave a quick nod in the rearview mirror, her eyes briefly meeting Alice’s and Sora’s. "It’s all part of the job. I’ll make sure everything goes smoothly on both fronts—business and citizenship. That way, Sora, you can hit the ground running as soon as you’re ready."

Sora leaned back in her seat, a sense of ease settling over her. "Thank you, Yoko. That takes a lot off my mind. I’m really looking forward to getting started here, and it’s great to know I have such a solid support system."

Alice reached over and gave Sora’s hand a reassuring squeeze. "You’re in good hands, Sora. We’re all here to make sure your transition is as smooth as possible, so you can focus on making the new branch a success."

As the vehicle neared its destination, the conversation turned to lighter topics—plans for exploring Kyoto, ideas for the new branch, and the excitement of the opportunities ahead. With Yoko’s guidance and support, Sora felt more confident than ever about the journey she was embarking on in the Yamatai Star Empire.

As the vehicle smoothly pulled into the apartment complex’s parking lot, Yoko efficiently retrieved Sora’s luggage from the trunk and placed it on a nearby cart. Alice, always attentive, gestured for Sora to follow her, leading the way toward the entrance of the building.

The two women walked through the sleek, modern lobby, passing by elegant decor and a friendly receptionist who greeted them with a warm smile. Alice guided Sora to the elevator, which whisked them up to the floor where Alice's apartment was located.

Once they reached the apartment door, Alice unlocked it and stepped inside, holding it open for Sora. The interior was tastefully decorated, with a blend of modern and traditional elements that gave the space a welcoming and sophisticated atmosphere.

Alice led Sora down a short hallway and into a guest bedroom, which had been thoughtfully prepared for her arrival. The room featured a comfortable bed with crisp linens, a stylish wooden dresser, and a large window that offered a stunning view of Kyoto’s skyline. The city lights twinkled below, casting a warm glow over the bustling metropolis.

"You’ll have a nice view of the city from here," Alice said with a smile as she gestured toward the window. "It's a great spot to unwind and take in the sights."

Sora’s eyes widened in appreciation as she took in the view. "This is beautiful, Alice. Thank you for making me feel so welcome."

Alice nodded. "Supper will be in a few hours. I thought I’d take you to someplace fancy for that, so you can experience some of Kyoto’s renowned dining. In the meantime, get some rest and relax. You’ve had a long journey, and you deserve to settle in."

Sora gave a grateful nod, her fatigue beginning to give way to the excitement of her new surroundings. "That sounds perfect. I’m looking forward to the meal and getting to know Kyoto better."

Alice smiled warmly, her gaze filled with understanding. "If you need anything, just let me know. I’ll be around, making sure everything is in order for your stay."

As Alice left Sora to settle into her room, she took a moment to appreciate how smoothly everything was falling into place. With Yoko’s support and her own efforts, she was confident that Sora would have a successful and enjoyable time in Kyoto.

Alice headed back to her own part of the apartment, already planning the evening’s activities and looking forward to introducing Sora to some of the city’s finest dining experiences.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back