• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Submission Kinzoku Hane

Syaoran

Retired Staff
Submission Type: Power Armor Weapon (Gauss Bow)
Submission URL: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=wip:gaussbow

Faction: Yamatai/Tamahagane
FM Approved Yet? No
Faction requires art? Dunno?

For Reviewers:
Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? No
Contains New art? No
Previously Submitted? No

Notes: @Nashoba @Wes the idea has been tossed to them both a long time ago, I finally got around to making it a thing.

I left the nomenclature blank because I don't know which Tamahagane company will take it if any, nor what numbers they're on. (So I'll fill it in once a company is decided)

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Yeah I have 2 characters that'll have one of these. Plus I had fun redoing the arrow names, named them all after birds, cept the Aether one is named after the flower on the Yamatai flag. I figure I'll get brownie points J/K

I know I'm adding nothing substantial, but Kikyō is the actual name of one of my character's daughters and I can't wait for either of them to use that arrow to shoot up some Kuvexians' skulls.

(Brief Overview Sentences: Include Manufacturer, Years Produced, Current Users)
Please take the above sentence in parentheses out.

Muzzle Flash: (Describe the visible light that comes from the end of the weapon as it discharges. Include the shape of the muzzle flash as well as size and color)
Please fill out this information.

I noticed that the effective range is:
Effective Range: 2km in atmosphere

But the "dove" has a range of:
Range: 500m

And the "albatross says:
Ammunition:Ahōdori(Albatross)
An arrow with a small propulsion charge that fires mid flight to increase flight range.
Average DR: Tier 4
Range:5km

Maybe stipulate in the former range efficacy statement that it is like, "(Only 2km in atmosphere if it is gauss assisted and higher in range if charged with a propulsion enhancement such as the Albatross arrow seen below.)"? Idk doesn't have to be that, but saying it is 2km in atmosphere and then having two arrows in which it is not 2km in atmosphere makes it confusing unless you say something like what I outlined.

Ammunition:Washi(Eagle)
arrow filled with explosives designed to detonate on impact, the shaft has been made out of Durandium Alloy so that it can shrapnel along with the arrow.

Please put AN arrow at the front of the sentence.

Firing Mechanism:The arrow is accelerated by the tension of the released string, and then further increased in speed as the magnetic inserts are passed through the gauss rings in the riser.
Loading:Loaded like a normal bow
Mode Selector:squeezing the trigger unfolds the gauss rings and activates them
Firing Modes: Gauss-Assisted and Normal firing modes
Safety Mechanism: A small switch can be flipped in the top portion of the riser to lock the trigger to keep gauss assist from engaging.
Weapon Sight:Adjustable pin sight that underlays with HUD information for more accurate information.
Attachment Hard Points: mounting space for the pin sight as well as for a mounted quiver.
In the above set of statements please a) put a space between the colons and the statements you make in ever instance (ex. Loading:Loaded... should be Loading: Loaded...) b) Decide if you want a period at the end of each or not c) capitalize the beginning of your statements after the colons.

...warrant this specialized weapon (Add a colon or period to the end of this statement)

...scans till firing. (Until not till)

What were you thinking company-wise? Any thoughts or should we start looking together?

Thought I took those () sentences out, well I have them out now. Fixed all the stuff and changed the line about range to;
* **Effective Range:** 2km in atmosphere | 500meters without gauss assist ((due to construction or firing method some arrows might have different effective ranges))

As for the company I was thinking Tamahagane, but that's up to Nash if he wants that. If not it'll have to be a company closely tied with Yamatai.

Hi, Sorry work went nuclear...

Nomenclature would be Ta-W4-1a

The Woodpecker arrow head would be SAOY only given the Zesu material
Also need a space between Ammunition:Karasu(Raven) Ammunition: Karasu (Raven) Just one example

Spaces added. Nomenclature too, but what material would you suggest instead of Zesu, I want something hard that wont break against most stuff when the extra punch kicks in, but i don't want the arrow SAoY only.

I've been thinking lately about how much a newer Yamataian material/super alloy/metamaterial could be made.

@Wes thoughts?

Dood, this is like the Yamatai spin-off of my Brolt's SPOREBURST Longbow :O Good jorb, Syaoran. If you ever want artwork, I could try my hand at something simple =3=/

I was looking at this weapon a fair bit and I've really been liking what I've seen, though I would like to ask a few questions, perhaps I missed a few things when I read the article but...

How is an arrow type selected? I saw that a weilder can change the arrow without having to reload, so does the bow modify the arrows before they are fired or...? Maybe I'm overthinking this one.

The aether arrow has "enough fuel for one shot", does this mean aether arrows are intended to be reusable as long as you can "recharge" them? It seems odd if that was true, with Yamatai's potent replication technology likely meaning "re-using" ammunition isn't a real concern.

I think I missed how many arrows a quiver could hold. About how many arrows on average would it be expected to hold?

When I say reload I mean without having to unload and load a magazine (going to change the wording in the page). As for the aether arrows, the fuel is mentioned so that there's nothing like blowing it up later as a 'surprise attack' after it's already activated, or picking it up and firing it again. It's just to make it clear that it's a one use item. As for the quiver, you didn't miss it, I forgot to put it. It's gonna hold 20 arrows.

Thanks! ^^

With the aether arrows, wouldn't the arrow be destroyed when activated, and also detonate on impact? That's just my thoughts on those, though, because in my mind they're functionally a more powerful explosive arrow; perhaps you intended them to be different than that.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back