• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: Land of Dreamers [Land of Dreamers Chapter One] The Descent Into Chaos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [Chapter One] The Descent Into Chaos

It was a funny thing as she heard a voice next her head, a voice that sounded far out of place for the being next to her. In what could only be thought of as a old English accent, Peace began to speak to Harmony.

"Dear girl! You must calm down and relax! A nice nap will help and make you chipper as ever!"

Peace smiled a toothy grin at Harmony, oddly enough now wearing a monocle as he watched her. With a few blinks Harmony tilted backwards, falling to the deck with a thud as she passed out from surprise. It seemed the poor girl's mind was fried for the moment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The insanity extended even to Peace, Harmony's bonded partner. The Lraadyr saw Harmony as nothing more then a giant bone. He began to cuddle up the Lorath girl and lick her, along the arm rather then anywhere else, and continued to lick her until eventually he tired himself out and fell asleep also.

"Mmm, I believe this has gone on far enough." went a strangely calm, and loud voice. It was Na'Subir, reappearing from the edge of the crowd, little Geruud next to him. The boy looked up at the Knight, and then at Hanadi, he appeared unsure of his situation. With no restraint from Na'Subir, the little boy ran over to Hanadi and took to hiding behind her legs from the Ovoc Wakir. By the way he clasped to her, she could tell that the extent of his uncomfortable nature was just shyness, and perhaps a little fear from Na'Subir's unchanging face.

On the other hand, the Temple Guard seemed to be distracted by the degrading severity of the situation. Since Najat had decided to ensure the security of the primary objective, Na'Subir would take it upon himself to settle this one. His stone gray eyes turned to the crowd, and as they noticed his gaze, they returned it, a little unsettled by his expression.

"You six." Na'Subir pointed over into the crowd, specifically and six of the strongest looking men and women. "I must ask for you assistance in moving these people to the hospital."

Some of the Sund Wakir who acknowledged him only stared, some didn't know whether he was talking to them or not, but at any rate, it was an honor to be recognized by a Temple Guard. So, as a result, about twelve people went forth and assisted in gathering up the passed out survivors, and restraining Oskar enough so they could guide him to the building. With more than enough help, Na'Subir only stood back, allowing the volunteers work freely with the visitors and the dead. When they started their way up the hill, the crowd began to disperse and the excitement started to die down. The Knight switched his attention Hanadi, and approached her. Geruud saw the Ovoc Wakir coming and shoved his face in the back of the explorer's thighs, trying to hide himself.

"You handled the situation quite well... Istislah...? Isn't that right?" started the Knight, his features still as an undisturbed pond. "Ah, at any rate, I need to discuss a few things concerning the recent developments. Preferably in the Dry Oasis."

"Oh for the love of the Sa-heh?" Mid-curse, Hanadi stopped as she suddenly saw a little blur with a wobbling turban on his head suddenly running past now taking refuge behind her legs.

"Wh-What?" she began at seeing Geruud, then felt him press into the back of her thighs as a rather unruffled man, an Ovoc Wakir by the looks of him and if she was not mistaken, and in a Temple Guard's garb. Th woman just put a hand to her face, rubbing it as the short Temple Guard spoke. Ah Herdtitan shit. The thought was perfectly applicable considering today had turned out to be a fairly bad one. Nearly broke, a kid, aliens, hr sandcrawler near enough dead but now with part of a radio antenna resting on it. Next would likely be Mu'Klamal walking the streets slaughtering all in his path.

And he hadn't even introduced himself. Oh well. Least they kept their ranks visible, all though with this one the bars on his uniform were hidden by the mantle which left the banner. Two stars and four dots eh?

"Yes, that is my last name." she began a hand on a hip while the other was fiddling with the glasses. "I generally hold to knowing the name of the person who makes demands of me before considering them, Knight Guardian-sera." Hanadi guessed at the rank and making the request of a name to accompany it.

"Your perception and respect are duly noted, Istislah, and I do hope you will note my apologies." said Na'Subir. "I am Na'Subir Alasur and I am, as you gathered, a Knight Guardian of the Temple Guard." He kow-towed to her for a moment, before moving on.

"I have spoken with your son, and from what I gather from him, it seems your assistance will be very key in the needs of the Commonwealth and our mission." The Knight gestured on to the bar, "I know I am not giving you much at the moment, but I would prefer to discuss this somewhere less..." He looked up, a few beads of sweat sliding down his peacefully still face. "...Hot."

Further inspection of his dress would show how badly he was sweating. The Ovoc Wakir was near drenched in perspiration, and despite his apparent ignorance of it, the heat was taking a toll on him.

A long exhale into the dry desert air was Na'subir's answer. She'd wanted to berate the man for suggesting Geruud was her child though. Even if he was a cute little bugger, they looked nothing alike in her eyes. Glancing back at the five aliens, to the wrecked shuttle, to her sandcrawler made her rub the bridge of her nose.

"Yeah, sure let's go. You look as if you're about to melt anyways." came the gruff response from the woman while she managed to get a hold on the Sund Wakir child. "Come'on Geruud, you can't hide behind me forever... besides, I don't think he'll bite." Hanadi said while taking hold of one of the little boy's hands and making an ushering motion at the Temple Guardsman to lead on.

Later... In the Hospital

The survivors of the crash would find themselves waking up in a rather shabby looking hospital. The setting sun gave the room an orange glow alongside the lights that had already been turned on in preparation for evening. The woman that had dragged Asher and some of the Sund Wakir who had helped were helping tend to the survivors dabbing a wet cloth, on where each of them would feel a the sharp sting of where I needle had been in their arms. Upon further inspection, they could note the uncomfortable cots they had been placed on, and the small tray of bread and water laying at the sides of their makeshift beds. All of them had been laid next to one another in their cots, with the exception of Asher, who seemed to have the full-attention of Iyad. The Yamataian was absolutely naked, underwear and all, and all of his bandages had been replaced with some his smaller cuts and wound covered by small patches. At that very moment, the doctor was injecting Asher with what looked like a orange fluid.

At the same time, in the Dry Oasis.

People had calmed down with in the bar, especially with the calm presence of to two Temple Guard. Most people didn't pay Nova or Najat too much mind, until Na'Subir came and gathered them up. He had Hanadi, Nova, Najat, and Geruud sit at a table he had Nada clear for them. At the four-person table, Geruud found himself sitting on Hanadi's lap. When he took notice, the little boy could see that the Freespacer was his Color-sera, but since she appeared tired and sleepy, he'd wait until she woke up to greet her. Na'Subir sat next to Hanadi, while Najat sat across from her, with Nova sitting across from Na'Subir.

"Before we begin, let me introduce you to my apprentice, Hopeful Najat al-Haradim. I've been accompanying her for her final phase of training to retrieve," Na'Subir pointed at Nova, "this outlander, and take her back to her civilzation. Though, as you can see, that has become fairly difficult since these 'new' xenos we have encountered crippled our shuttle from flight."

Sayoko slowly stirred, her eyes blinking open slowly, trying to get used to the light. "Mnnn..my head." she groaned, lifting her hand to it and massaging. "What the hell happened to us..." she pondered out loud, her mental faculties not running full bore enough to think to herself just yet. Looking about slowly, she noticed the hospital setting, relaxing inside a little more. "So was the whole thing a dream?"

Oskar awoke from his hallucenigenic stupor staring at the ceiling, only to come to the painful conclusion that he was no longer protected by his goggles. The bright orange light hit his glowing blue eyes and caused the young Abwehran to close his eyes and throw his upper hands over them. "Son of a Charec!" he shouted in Abwehran, his rough words echoing throughout the room as his lower arms flailed about trying to search for where they might be.

In the process of his blind panic, the Apprentice Merchant slammed his hand into the small tray. This in turn propelled both bread and container of water directly into the ceiling, which led to the bread being splattered and the container shattering. The shattering of the water container caused the young man to scream in suprise and fall to the floor just as the fragments of the container and rain of water fell upon him. "Goggles--where are my goggles!?" he shouted in Trade. "Are you lot trying to blind me!?"

"For the love of the Goddess stop shouting!" Yelled Harmony in reply to Oskar as she turned on her side, covering her long Lorath ears with her hands. Grumbling a little she curled up into a little ball, the cot reminding her of her house and family a bit. "Tell mom and dad I'll get up for solstice school in a minute!"

Peace, whom had made his way to the side of Harmony's cot, was staring at her food with hunger as Harmony rolled around on the cot a bit. A low throaty purr was coming from the Lraadyr as his eyes flickered back and forth between the food and Harmony.

Feeling the bit of pain in her arm now, Harmony unballed herself and sat up a little, looking around to see what was going on after she rubbed her eyes clear.

"Hey...Where are we?" It seemed the girl had calmed down a little bit since the ordeal with the ship.

Najat bowed in turn to each person sitting at the table - twice, it appeared, to Hanadi, since she included little Geruud in her formalities. "It is an honor to have the opportunity to serve you all, in whatever capacity you require."

Nova could only grunt at Na'Subir as he pointed at her. The poor Freespacer's head was resting on the table, glasses on her face looking slightly green. Her head was spinning, everything was loud, and it felt as if her brain had imploded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Having finally followed the Ovoc Wakir into the bar, taking a seat and now was in the process of trying to drink the chilled juice she'd ordered for herself while wiping at Geruud's robes. Sand, despite the planet, the civilization and whatever inventions made to combat it got everywhere. Right now she'd taken his turban off, and was shaking it out lightly as the guard continued speaking.

"Yeah, well, what does all this have to do with me?" asking while putting the turban back on Geruud with a soft pat.

"If your shuttle is crippled you have a radio, or beacon to get in contact with whomever you need to get a ride out."

"Most of the systems in the cockpit were torn asunder when I surveyed the wreckage, but even though, I would prefer to have something in reserve in case we need to leave quickly. You see, we came out here to secure one outlander, but now it seems that number has risen to five. The situation has become a tad more tense, and the risk of any xenophobia rising has increased with the thicker numbers. As Temple Guard, it is our responsibility to defend those who are in need." Na'Subir nodded gently, looking towards the door for a moment and noting the reappearance of the drunk they had disposed of earlier in the day. He looked at Najat for a moment, and then back at Hanadi. He pulled both hands from his robe and placed them on the table, one of those hands seeming to shelter a thick amount of Kuon Dalri. "According to the young one in your lap, you are in need as well, Istislah."

Na'Subir's gray gaze focused hard on the woman, "Would you like to hear my offer?"

----

"Doctor Jabalah!" one of the Sund Wakir men piped as the patients started to wake up, specifically, in response to the Oskar's panicking. "This one has gone mad!"

"He is not mad, he simply wants his eye wear back. Apparently he is fond of them." Iyad said plainly as he pulled the syringe out of Asher's arm. He looked over at the survivors, and then at the Sund Wakir tendign to Oskar. The nursing dune walker nodded in response as two of the other tried to calm the Abwehran down. They could sense his panic, and his fear, and were sympathetic of it. Luckily, they had encountered a people who could sense emotion and at times, intention at the touch. Though, even though the Sund Wakir holding down Oskar could sense his feelings, Oskar, being a non-Iromakuanhe would be completely unaware. The only noticeable thing though, was how the two retainers seem to calm steadily as the held him and the one who had tended to him returned with his goggles.

"Here, Outlander." said the Sund Wakir holding the eyewear, in Sal Saari. As that was settled down, Iyad stepped over and cleaned his hands of hemosynthetic blood in a small bucket of water that sat at the foot of Sayoko's bed. He looked over at the four of the survivors(And animal) that were conscious at the moment.

"Welcome to the Eternal Dream, Outlanders." said Iyad tiredly, and then refered to Sayoko whilst chuckling. "The afterlife is a strangely hot place, yes?" Apparently the doctor had misinterpreted the woman, thinking she had said, 'the Dream', instead of 'a Dream'.

The Iroma weren't the only ones with a bit of empathic ability, Oskar's species was also empathic in a way. It didn't need touch, but only powerful surface emotions could be read so anyone with a good amount of emotional control could hide emotions from an Abwehran. Though he knew not of the Iroma's sensing ability, Oskar could tell that the individuals touching him were of no threat, but that didn't stop him from tensing up.

Slowly using his lower arms to move himself into a seated position on the floor, he continued to cover his eyes with his upper hands. Poor Oskar couldn't understand the words coming from the stranger, but it at least didn't sound hostile. Swallowing hard, Oskar moved a lower hand up and outward. "Please tell me you have my goggles, I'd rather not go blind." he muttered in Trade.

The Sund Wakir arched a brow at his other two friends before placing the goggles in Oskars hands. The three attending to him also had no idea what he was saying, but it was clear by how cowardly and soft he seemed, that he was also no threat. His three retainers backed up from him for a moment to see how he'd react once he could.

Hanadi did not eye the subtly hidden cash, nor did she take her eyes off Na'Subir. She just kept her look level, the only indication or reaction being her hands now were wrapped around Geruud's midsection, holding him there. So the Temple Guard wished to make a deal did he? And according to him, Geruud had told him something of her plight. One day soon, she would have to have a talk with the boy.

"It depends." she began. "If I like what I hear, I may consider it. And if I do not." the woman cocked her head a little to the side. "Under Bukor's grace, I may yet be persuaded."

Harmony continued to look around, her nose taking in the new scents before it caught the scent of bread. Hungry from her latest ordeals, not to mention having not eaten since before the party.... She was a little hungry to say the least. A quick spin to her side and she was on the bread, her teeth grown out much like her bonded as she began to tear into the food. She hadn't noticed, nor really cared about her apparent lack of clothing underneath the sheet. It would fall away to show off what could be only considered as a healthy young woman's body, though there was what looked like a nasty scar that wrapped from around her right side from the back of her ribs to the left side of her hips. Three long jagged scars evenly spaced out, almost like a long claw mark.

Sitting indian style on her cot, Harmony tore into the food, almost forgetting the others for the moment.

"A..afterlife? Good Empress we died?!" she asked, trying to stay calm as she pinched her cheek. "Ow! Couldn't be dead...definitely isn't a dream." she said, leaning over to grab the food and munch on it slowly, enjoying the food after being knocked out by the air. "Thanks for the food." she said slowly, her mouth partially full. "And I'd be more worried if this WAS the afterlife...being so hot...I don't think i was THAT evil in my life."

"As of the current situation, we are without transport and are tasked with defending several civilians at the cusp of safety. We need a mode of transportation to relocate these people the Guard Hall at the edge of the Nuocr. Now, despite there be several other vehicles in this village, they are all associated under the different caravans, and would not easily spare one of their transports for what we need. However, from your reputation and by what your son has told me, I have gathered that your interests are likely more malleable than those of Sund Wakir Caravaneers." explained Na'Subir, resting in his chair comfortably, even as the drunkard from before stared in the direction, a few other ragged looking individual filing in behind them. They seemed to talk amongst themselves, but all seem to keep their eyes on Nova, and those around her. Judging by Nada's dissatisfied expression, it seemed as if these new patrons were likely troublemakers.

----

Geruud continued to keep his head down, securing his turban tightly on his head after Hanadi gave it back to him. He grunted a little, finding that she had shook out all the sand. The little boy figured he would to roll around in the dunes for a bit after they got out of here. For now, he tended avoid the Temple Guard's gaze, out of what almost seemed like respect. Though, he looked up at Hanadi at the edge of his eyes every time he was mentioned as her son.

----

"You outlanders go to strange places when you die." Iyad said, scratching his chin with his recently cleaned hands. He looked "Now, while I would like to learn more about other cultures, I'd prefer to have you in and out before you attract any, unwanted attention.." He smiled at Sayoko before catching sight of the naked Lorath partaking of the food at her side. "Ah! Who forgot to give her clothes?"

The Sund Wakir girl that had tended to her shrunk a little, at the meek doctors commanding looking gaze. It appeared that he was rather powerful with his words when under a roof.

"I'm an Enforcer, I'm not used to this caretaking stuff..." shamefully plugged the girl, as she walked over to a closet at the edge of the room and pulled out a set of spare robes which she returned to Harmony's side and set them down in front of her. "Here you go." said the girl roughly.

"Mmm, I'll give you all a rundown of where you are once that one wakes up." Iyad said in rough trade, pointing over at Shiki. Then, he seemed to shift moods as he walked over to Oskars bed, and sat down. He gave the Abwehran a rather sensual looking look. "In the mean time, I wouldn't mind getting to know a few of you better! Especially someone as... Ah what is it... Oh! Yes... as handsome as you..." grinned the doctor slyly.

Ordinarily, Shiki would have been in a panic after everything that had happened before he'd lost consciousness, but a few things got in the way of that notion. He distinctly remembered that some of them had... weapons, and he most definitely was not aided by the fact that his head was ringing and the corners of his vision still seemed a bit blurry as he attempted to sit himself up. So for the moment, he'd have to abide whatever happened to himself and the others.

All sorts of strange thoughts cross a person's mind when they wake up, especially when they find themselves in circumstances that differ from those they were in when they were last conscious. The air smelled a bit weird for the very clearly hospital-like surroundings, a bit too sweet and floral to be sterile. The air was too hot, and his skin sort of stuck to the sheets placed over him.

But why was he naked?

It was probably a standard medical practice, he was sure, or maybe they had to clean their clothes up. Although he felt just a bit embarrassed, he certainly wasn't going to dwell on it... for too long. Getting clothes... and food, were far more important.

"Jeez..." Getting up was a pain, mostly because he felt sort of numb all over and hadn't so much rested as lapsed into unconsciousness, be he managed it just the same, making sure to keep at least a thin sheet up to his waist as he put his upper body as vertical as he could manage, propping his back against the backing of the bed. "... what even happened err... after the shuttle crashed?"

"Well, I guess I'm just glad that we're not dead yet. And I bet somewhere not so....away from the city would be better to actually talk about stuff." Sayoko said. Grabbing her nearby bag, if she can, she rummages, and finds some clothes to put on. Sneaking under the sheet, she quickly dresses, now clad in shorts and a tee shirt once the blanket is pulled away.

"What was it that caused the hallucinations though?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back