• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: Land of Dreamers [Land of Dreamers Chapter One] The Descent Into Chaos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [Chapter One] The Descent Into Chaos

Hanadi's expression went from level to flat the moment she caught on. Oh by the damned Saints. she thought while equally as thankful both hands held Geruud close which kept one from running down her face.

"So. You're wanting me to transport you, the other guard, her." she pointed to Nova who's head remained on the table, the Freespacer just grunted in lieu of saying anything. "And five other xenos, one which held a shotgun at me and another a knife?"

The woman frowned in turn after hearing her own words likely due to having remembered the incident after trying to not do so. Out of sight, out of mind. Money always tempted her, it just depended on what strings were attached to it however if she took. And right now she was shying away from it slightly.

She sighed. "And how exactly will I be assured none of those newcomers try anything again? Especially with a child on board."

Looking up at the woman that placed the robe down at her side, Harmony gave her a bewildered look, just before she felt a small breeze float past her. With food still hanging halfway out of her mouth, the young Lorath girl looked down at herself.

"Oh hey...I'm naked..." Stating the rather obvious Harmony finished her mouthful of food before grabbing the robe. Standing up now and still unashamed, Harmony donned the robe onto herself before looking around at the others. After a moment she looked to the man that had spoken before to the group.

"Hey, where are my clothes by the way? I mean not that I'm complaining or anything, but I got some stuff in them that I need." The stuff was really nothing more then a picture of her parents that she treasured, and a few small odd items from home. It was another moment or two before she sat down and went back to her food.

As Oskar sat back down on the cot and slid his goggles over his eyes again, he would find the 'doctor' sitting beside him. He wasn't quite worried until he felt some very, very powerful emotions. The little statement and look didn't really help matters either. Now, poor Oskar was a sheltered lad, but he was also a Nightwalker and such things have been known to happen. But while a Nightwalker Abwehrans was much more open minded than his Surfacer brethren, many males didn't find sexual companionship with a male to be their thing (couldn't continue the species that way). So know, the young lad found himself sitting next to someone who was general interested in that sort of recreation for pretty much the first time.

Mein Gott, how do I get away from this without offending him!? he thought in a panic as he fidgeted. "Ah...Herr Doctor, I appreciate the compliment, but..." he began before fading off. This was going to be tough.

Najat's eyes focused on Hanadi, and her strong brow furrowed. One of her hands had made its way over to rest on Nova's back, idly keeping track of the freespacer's status.

"You will have two Temple Guards accompanying you," she said, her voice firm. "No one would dare to try anything. We are very armed."

"Ah... I see... I'm sorry!" Iyad said respectfully, giving Oskar some space as he scooting to the edge of the bed, before looking at the rest of the survivors with a more professional look. Despite being absolutely rejected, the doctor managed a solid composure with only a bit of red in his face showing in embarrassment. "Well, to answer your questions, you all were overcome by the native atmosphere of our planet. You see, there are hallucinogenic particles in our atmosphere that we have become used to by exposure. Out here in the Nuocr, these particles are especially thick. You all succumbed to this and we administered an anti-biotic to give you some resistance, but you will need to be careful from now on going out into the open."

Iyad stood, and looked amongst all of them. "Are all of you feeling adequate?"

----

Meanwhile, Asher's body stirred slightly before coming back down to rest again. He appeared to be alive, despite all his injuries. In fact, he now seemed to be dreaming unpeacefully, as his injured body turned on it's side. He groaned achingly before, strangely, a crooked grin curled on his mouth.

"Fffsshph... Yeah... I'm good... it..." Asher mumbled before his hands slid in front of him as if he were reaching for something lazily. Then, he started gyrating his hips in a rather lewd fashion. He chuckled drunkenly in his sleep as he went on, "Oooo... Librarian... you ain't... bad... Zzzz..."

----

"Yes, Al-Haradim and I will ensure your safety. Though, I'm sure that if they had any violent intentions, it was only from the fact that they've had a traumatic experience." Na'Subir said, becoming a little more wary of the group of thugs forming at the door, the formerly drunken degenerate leading them over.

Going red at what Asher said, she scowled at him. "If he wasn't already so jacked up I'd punch him so hard...maybe hit him with a pole or something." she grumbled, huffing slightly as she slowly stood up to test her balance. "That's quite interesting about the air, by the way. So your people's immunity system have evolved to help filter the natural drugs out of the air and protect you. Interesting really." she said, nodding to herself and pulling a notebook out, jotting some stuff down.

Looking up, she blushed again a little. "Sorry about that...I'm a researcher by trade and life."

Hanadi just grunted in response to both of their assurances. While two Temple Guard were formidable, they were not invincible. And she'd met plenty out in the Expanse, or on any of the other inhabited worlds and colonies that were dumb enough to try. While Na'Subir watched the group coming, Hanadi wasn't so lucky, having been sitting across from him.

She wanted to grimace but held back the urge. What could she do? Refuse? It was entirely possible. But then that fat stack of cash wouldn't be sitting pretty in her pocket, nor would it be going towards an overhaul of her sandcrawler.

"If I have your assurances no harm would come to Geruud here and I'm properly compensated, you got a deal I guess."

Najat's eyes followed Na'Subir's as he looked over to the growing crowd at the door. She stood up with one last lingering glance towards the semi-unconscious Freespacer and another less fond one towards the other occupants of the table, and unslung her weapon from her back once more as she walked over to the man she had previously kicked out of the bar.

"Hello," she rumbled. "May I help you?"

Hanadi craned her neck a little to see what all the fuss was about, her lips compressing by the second before looking back. Herdtitan shit. she thought. The woman stirred at the juice with the straw, the ice in the glass tinkling along as she did so.

Just move along. Just move along damn you. Hanadi kept chanting in the back of her mind. That's all she needed if it came to it. A fight. And a barfight at that. And from what she'd seen with her brief glance they looked dumb enough to try. So. She leaned forward and right beside Geruud's cheek and whispered.

"If those men make trouble and I get mixed up in it. You go hide that bartender will protect you since she knows me. And don't make a fuss over it."

Oskar tried hard not to sigh in relief as the alien let up on his advances. "I believe I am fine," he replied after the Doctor's explanation as he glanced around the room with a frown. It would take a few moments before he noticed something else had been taken off of him.

"Where are my flasks?" he asked aloud to no one in particular. The four-armed man patted himself down and glanced around his cot in search of any sign of them. "I could use a drink right about now."

Harmony's ears twitched a little at the mention of the hallucinatory effects of the atmosphere, silently wishing that she could take a few notes for back home. Maybe if everything went well and she was able to get home, she could find a group to come study the atmosphere and lead a research team to see the effects on the Lorath. For a moment she was home again, thinking about causes and effects as they pertained to biological interactions, and forgot her current predicament. As the doctor asked though, she snapped out of it.

"We have drugs back at home that do this sort of thing, it's no big deal at all. I'm fine."

Shiki was reticent to stand up and go fetch his things, in large part because he wasn't sure the sheet was opaque enough to keep all his privates in private, and also because he felt like he might vomit or keel over if his first step was taken too quickly. Bleary-eyed and shaky, he put one leg over the side of the bed, followed by another, and slumped forward, holding himself up by pushing off his knees.

He was never really the toughest guy around, and his Geshrin body was probably the least resilient of the shuttle group, to toxins and various diseases. Which was sort of funny, if you considered that the Geshrin was a body designed to be immune to foreign toxins and disease, even if it was obsoleted by the fancy pink-haired catgirl bioroids of the day.

The rather transparent sheet given to him was wrapped around his waist several times to prevent any unwelcome gawking -as he had observed from that doctor- and went about getting his things.

Geruud nodded to Hanadi, tightly securing his turban over his head. He was ready to slide out of her lap and make a break for Nada at first sight of action. Even if he would have much preferred to get involved, and prove his worth, he was nothing if not obedient.

----

"Ain't got nothing to do with you, Temple Guard." said the formerly drunken Sund Wakir in reluctant defiance to Najat. The rest of the group behind him appeared a little unsure of their chances, but with their leader standing strong, they kept their ground. Each of them seemed to be carrying something or other under the robes, and they all weren't eager to reveal what it was. The man in front stepped forward and pointed towards Nova. "Our business is with that red-haired outlander, and all of her friends who trashed our radio tower."

----

"Well, it is good to-" Iyad started, before the door to his clinic was destroyed for the second time in that week. "BY THE DREAMERS!" the doctor squealed in fear before diving under on the floor and crawling under one of the beds. A braver Ivouri than him would've acted more stoicly in such a situation, but Doctor Jabalah lacked a spine. The Sund Wakir, on the other hand only seemed slightly alarmed by the break-in, and then the intrusion of four other Sund Wakir, all carrying rustic looking firearms, most of them small hunting rifles. Unlike other nomadic people who walked the village, these dune walkers were dressed in more combat worthy clothing.

"Jabalah, I suggest you and your aides step outside, we're going to take care of your patients." said one of the intruders, giving a crooked smile as he observed the four of the survivors. However, for some reason, and despite his size, none of them seemed to pay any mind to Peace.

----

Even during all the racket and noise, Asher still remained asleep, and was still gyrating his hips. From his face, it appeared he was having a very good dream, though he had finally stopped talking in his sleep.

"If you have a problem with her, then you have a problem with me," Najat said firmly, activating her faelraig with an ominous crackle-hiss. "She is under my protection and that of her master. If you lay a finger on her, I will be forced to remove it."

As Najat activated her faelraig, the former drunk leading the small group of five into the bar pulled out a pistol and aimed it at the Temple Guardswoman. The rest of the men behind him pulled out a mix of clubs and pistols, showing that they meant business.

"Step aside." said the leader with more force behind his words, "Those aliens don't have anything but trouble to give us."

----

Na'Subir eyed Hanadi for a moment, seemingly questioning her with his eyes. He then observed Najat, careful to look between her and the ruffians who seemed to be wrangling the situation so unceremoniously.

As soon as the clinic door was broken in, Oskar screamed in surprise and shock. A scream that while high-pitched, wasn't enough to sound entirely like a girl. And that was only to their arrival, as the Abwehran man saw the firearms in their hands. "BANDITS...RAIDERS...WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!" he shouted loudly in Abwehran and literally dove for the nearest cover he could find.

Once under cover, he placed his upper hands over his head and trembled in fear. Part of him wished his brother were here, since the soldier could probably handle this situation better.

With a sigh, Hanadi scooted Geruud off her lap, swatting him on the rump to get him moving along. With the kid out of the way she'd be better able to fight if necessary having not to worry about him. With one hand stirring at her juice with a straw, the other had slipped to her waist pulling the laiz pistol out. And as if to get their attention the woman put it on the table with enough noise to grab it.

"Givin' you lot a chance before I start putting holes in you guys." warning them of the repercussions. "The xeno is my cargo. And ain't no two-bit bandit wannabes going to be taking it from me." Hanadi pressed in an released the safety showing she meant business as the pistol whined with a ready charge.

Harmony yelped as the clinic was assaulted, her ears twitching back and laying down against her head as she watched the new comers. Just simply off their body language Harmony could tell they were up to something, which in turn got her adrenaline going. It was only a few moments before small subtle changes began to take place in her, the bones of her fingers and her fingernails going through minute changes that upped the reinforcement of her bones and nails to give them strength, and changing the shape of her nails to give it a more claw like appearance. Her feet shifted as well, taking on more of a arching stance to give her a better spring should she need to react quickly.

She tucked her wings tightly to her body as she simply waited and watched, waiting for the few movements and reactions, and of course at her side Peace waited as well. It was then, sensing what seemed like through a telepathic link with his bonded, that something was going on he began to get on edge to. Crouching back onto his back legs, Peace let out a low throaty growl that would reverberate off anyone's chest within a couple of yards of the pair.

"Oh good Empress!" the scholar squeaked, diving behind her bed with her bag in tow, hiding behind it, but ready to pop up if one of them gave her the chance to retaliate, but there was no way she was currently standing up to them.

"B-by the Empress, don't kill me!" Shiki said in a panic as the armed men arrived. He'd certaintly spent his fair share around people with handguns and swords back on Yamatai... but this was the first time someone had him in their sights! There was a supply closet in the corner of the room... and he was sure he could make it if he tried. They were more clearly focused on the people at the front of the room, so he had a shot at it.

He stood up and started for the door. But something strange, happened.

The sheet wrapped around his waist unfurled and billowed behind him, rising into one of the ceiling fans above him. It snagged, one of of the blades, and in an instantly, was torn from him. The sheet spun around a few times, before being launched at one of the armed men, covering his face with a sheet that smelled of sweat and foreign perfumes.

The Geshrin immediately moved to cover himself with his hands and dove over and behind one of the beds in what was perhaps a superhuman gesture of terror and modesty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back