Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: Land of Dreamers [Land of Dreamers Chapter One] The Descent Into Chaos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [Chapter One] The Descent Into Chaos

Getting out from under cover, the student looked around, and tried not to notice what Peace was doing to his prey. "We SO need to get out of here..very...very soon. Are there gas masks or something to wear so we don't go all loopy like last time we were outside?" she asked, looking over to the doctor working on Asher.

"No, those antibiotics will serve you for about a week, but you'll need weekly doses in a such a saturated place like this." said Iyad, trying to stabilize Asher best he could. He pulled the bullet out of the man's chest, with relative ease, and injected the Yamataian with the same Orange liquid he had before. A few seconds after the injection, Asher's body surged up, a short yelp of pain escaped his lip, and his muscles convulsed violently. The soldier then came to rest flat on the bed, and stopped moving, breathing heavily and appearing more pained than before.

Iyad, who had fearfully recoiled for some of the display, could only stare as he seemingly lost his patient. He wasn't sure if Asher really was dead, but that's all Doctor Jabalah could surmise. Though, by the way some of the orange solution drained out of the open wounds on Asher's body indicated something else. It was darker, reddish-orange, the scent of a sweet and sour smell filling the air.

"His body... It's rejecting the prajna..." deduced the Doctor, unsure how the Yamataian had taken the dose from before without the same reaction.

----

"Please stay still..." said the white-robed female as she picked away at the wound on Harmony's leg. The Lorath would feel a bit of pain as the tool dug into her flesh to feel and find the bullet in her body. After only a few seconds, the bullet would be tugged out of the flesh in her thigh. With that done, the Sund Wakir unceremoniously pulled down the back of Harmony's pants to expose her rump. Then, she injected the Prajna in the meatiest part of Harmony's bottom, then quickly replaced her pants.

"Hasheeda, you know you didn't have to do that, right?" said Iyad, noting the white-robed medic's method of injection.

"Bu-but! You said to perform injections at the meatiest section, and two of tho--..." responded Hasheeda, the young Sund Wakir apparently taking her knowledge from Iyad personally.

"Eight."

"What?"

"There are eight points of a injection."

"Oh..." Hasheeda dipped her head in shame. Meanwhile, Harmony would find her body more accepting of the Prajna, as it stopped the bleeding in her leg, and even seemed to restore some of the stamina lost in the sudden brawl.

"No worries." Iyad looked around the room for a moment, deviating his attention from Asher. From his view, it seemed they were missing someone. "Where is the naked male?" his tone almost reflected something of disappointment.

Though, as the doctor had his back turned, Asher started to move again. Only now, he was crawling off the bed, and onto the floor. He took a moment to try and stand, but only found himself to collapse to his hands and knees.

At that moment she couldn't agree more. Though she nodded to Na'Subir, she didn't make for the door. Instead Hanadi waded her way through a brawl towards the bar, hopping back a step once to let the fighting pair pass on through. And wasn't surprised to see them go back across and slam into the bar counter right beside her before rolling on the floor.

Placing her hands on the counter she eyed the small bartender with an apologetic look and motioned for Geruud to come on out. May as well get it over with and say her apologies. Least it wasn't as bad as some of the times she'd been in the bar.

"First off. I didn't start it this go'around. Secondly I'll pay' you for watchin' the kid there and a lil' extra to help smooth things along. You know I'd normally stay and help break it up but I'm on the clock now." What little money she had she put a few hundred KD on the counter right in front of the woman.

Geruud, who hand been clinging to Nada's legs for most of the fight, clambered up the side of the bar at Hanadi's beckoning. Since he wasn't tall enough, he had a lot of difficulty.

"I--! I'm com--" the young Sund Wakir grunted, struggling with the height, "I'm coming Hana-Ser!" His robe flailed as he kicked and scratched Nada's side of the bar with his feet with much difficulty. Eventually, Nada just grabbed him by the back of his pants and pulled him up on top of the table. The boy started flailing even more as some unknown force(to him) was lifting his body in the air and giving him a wedgie. As he was settled on the table, he slid off the side of the bar, removed his wedgie, and stood by Hanadi, watching the barfight carefully.

At this point, Nada was giving Hanadi a fairly disgusted look. Every time Istislah came through, something happened to her bar, and once again 'Hanadi's Hex' took hold of the situation and twisted it into chaos.

But...

Hanadi's money was sorry that Hanadi was at the center of trouble again. So on her behalf, Hanadi's money decided to stay behind and help with the damage. Hanadi's money was even nice enough to appreciate the temporary care of Hanadi's illegitimate child(which she knew couldn't be legit, because no Iroma was good(or bad) enough for Istislah). The bartender nodded as she took Hanadi's money, and simply shooed the scoundrel away, hoping that her absence would cause an end to the chaos.

As Oskar came down from his high of anger, the Merchant's son saw a few things. One was all the Bandits seemed to be down. That was good, now Oskar wouldn't be killed for his little temper tantrum. Two, both Doctor and 'Nurse' were busy with the wounded. So the crazy winged chick and the insane man may live, which left Oskar muddled over whether that was good or bad. The last item Oskar noted was the fact there was freaking blood everywhere and the winged-chicks animal seemed to be eating one of the bandits.

A hysterical giggle escaped the Abwehran man's lips as he seemed to be having a nervous breakdown. Well, why shouldn't he? Oskar was in a strange land where the air was a hallucinogen and the people wanted to kill him without a single drop of 'proper' booze and no way to contact his family. The hysterical giggle started to build up into hysterical laughter as Oskar took a seat in one of the undamaged cots. Leaning back against the wall, that hysterical laughter started to get out of control.

But there was a problem with planets with a lower gravity than Abwehr. The pressure of the air was much lighter, more like that of some of the tallest mountains on Abwehr than anything else. So as Oskar's hysterical laughter got out of control, his breathing became more distressed as he wheezed without a care.

"Hasheeda! Stabilize him!" barked Iyad, pointing at Oskar, while he tried to go to Asher's aid. Hasheeda, who had just finished cleaning the injection point on Harmony's bottom and the wound on her leg, quickly started to gather her things.

"No time! Just do it, he's starting to asphyxiate!" reaffirmed Doctor Jabalah, which caused the young Hasheeda to stumble in the blood. Despite being Sund Wakir, the girl was young, and still wasn't used to the sights that came with such a harsh world. So as she brought her hands up, and saw them drenched in blood, so she started to panic. The more she saw the blood on her self, and was reminded of that most recent slaughter, the more frozen she became.

"Hasheeda! Move!" Iyad ordered, sounding more desperate, though the young woman didn't seem to keen on going far.

"P...Pun..." muttered Asher, still on his hands and knee, and shuddering every now and then. "Punch'em... in tha'... face..."

"What?" sputtered Jabalah, wondering if his Trade may have been a little rusty.

"Juss'... do it..." coughed the Malifarian.

"... You, sir!" Iyad pointed to one of the Sund Wakir males who had helped the survivors up to the hospital, "Strike that patient across the face!"

"What?" answered the Enforcer-looking male, he appeared to look strong, with light robes, but several packs for equipment and ammo. Only he didn't seem to be carrying his weapons, or a knife for the empty sheath at his boot.

"Just do it! It's likely some Outlander Medical Practice."

"I... I see..." reluctantly responded the Enforcer as he strode up to the maniacal Oskar. "F-forgive me." and with that, the Sund Wakir gave a lights-out punch to the Abwehran's face, not knowing of the alien's powerful bone structure, or his endurance.

If any of the sound deadened in that room, everyone would've heard Asher chuckling through his breaths.

Well that stopped Oskar, though it probably had opposite effect of what everyone expected. The full force punch of the Sund Wakir was sent crashing into the Abwehrans face and a loud cracking sound could be heard, but not from Oskar. The young Abwehran's laughter stopped with an abrupt cry of pain as he held his face.

"Verdammt! That stung!" he cried out only to realize the cracking had come from the Sund Wakir's fist. "Uh...I'M SORRY!" he shouted in fear. "I'M SORRY YOU HAD TO PUNCH ME IN THE FACE!"

The poor Sund Wakir had just struck a being with a calcium-iron skeleton and was probably feeling the pain now. Hopefully, the Doctor wouldn't have to treat any breaks or fractures.

The Yamataian standing near the door, made a sound, holding her head slightly. "While not the smartest thing to do, it was needed." she said, hoping with Oskar that the man didn't break his hand. "Oskar, you okay now?" she asked, hoping something at least slightly normal to him, even if she was still technically a stranger, would help keep him calm. "And lets hope Solider..or Lifeguard...or what ever he is is gonna survive...he's taken so much damage so far."

Unfortunately for all three of them, Sayoko, Asher, and the doctor, her specialty wasn't Yamataian physiology, but xeno. "If nothing else, his synthetic blood is treating it as a pathogen, but I can't be sure...it's not exactly my area of knowledge." she murmured, not aware of if the doctor would hear her or not.

The look Hanadi returned Nada was fairly flat but oh well. If there was one way to stay in the bartender's graces it was money and she knew it. She sucked her teeth before picking Geruud up while keeping her other arm free in case she needed it. Otherwise she just made her way back over to the seated guard and tapped him on the shoulder.

"I think we ought to get outta here now. You ain't gonna like the aftermath if we hang around." she warned while nodding towards the door.

" 'Sides we got them other aliens you're wantin' to bring along to grab yet."

Harmony gave a grunt of pain, gritting her teeth as the bullet as tugged and pulled at until it eventually was taken out. Taking in a deep breath when the needle was unceremoniously stabbed into her rear end, Harmony pursed her lips a little. "You could have given me a bit of a warning you know..." The Lorath girl said with a playful tone to her comment. Harmony was trying to act playful and cheerful in the face of what she had just done. Looking to her side she saw the aftermath of what had just happened and with a shiver running down her spine, she twisted herself up onto her knees once she was feeling able to do so and sat there looking at the dead men before her, men that she and Peace had killed.

Seeing Harmony sitting up and watching him now, Peace stopped with what he was doing and actually rolled the man over so he was face down on the floor, hiding his face. Coming to Harmony's side, the Lraadyr sat there and waited, head bowed as Harmony started to speak in Lorath.

"May the guiding light of the Goddess shelter you in her arms, while the God ferries your soul to the after life. May the God grant those around you with the knowledge of your memory and the Goddess make sure that your memory never fades. May you rest forever in the Goddess' light and warmth, forever secure and forever at peace..."

Harmony sat there for a few more moments, silently praying for her own forgiveness in the eyes of the Goddess, praying that she herself was not going down the path of the God with wanton violence. These two men had been the first two that she had ever killed, and it was obvious that it was affecting her. Granted she wasn't upset that she had killed to save her life, of that she could never be ashamed of, but of the fact that she had to take lives in order to protect her own, that she hadn't been able to find another way out without the bloodshed.

Najat sighed as she felled another rowdy barfighter with a strike to the side of the head. As annoying as the fight was, she couldn't hang around and wait for her charges to get struck by flying shards of glass or something. She began to simply shove the brawling crowds aside, forcing her way from the door to their table and back again, clearing a safe path through which everyone could flee. She flicked her faelraig on once more, the acrid crackle filling the air.

"Stay back and allow my companions to pass," she said, her voice no different from its regular flatness despite its suddenly great volume.

"Ah, I'm fine Fraulein," Oskar stammered a bit as he held the part of his face that had been punched. "Calcium-Iron Skeleton," he mumbled. "I'm more worried about this fellow's hand than my face. The hyper-ventilating...probably the low density of the atmosphere." he continued to mutter.

After a moment, the Abwehran grimaced and looked towards Sayoko. "What happens now? Are we ever going to get home?"

"Well... I don't know what you said but I'm glad you don't want to kill me anymore. It's too bad those other guys might not last so long..." Shiki muttered under his breath as he glanced over to the Wyrm rider tentatively, leaning up into the wall. He'd certainly like to run away at this point and just let the authorities handle things, but he didn't exactly have many options in doing so. Few people here spoke his language and all of his clothing and important things were probably still inside of the hospital.

Morever, leaving them behind would be... wrong. Not that, for the shortest moments, he didn't consider just bolting out into the desert stark naked.

"I'd ask you what you want to do, but I doubt you understand me any more than I'll understand you."

"Argh!" growled the Sund Wakir that had punched Oskar awake. The enforcer reeled in pain as his quartz-calcium bone structure was no match for an Abwehran's it seemed. The male Iroma tripped to the floor hold his hand, the digits visibly shaking from the pain. After a few seconds of groaning, grunting, and ignoring whatever gibberish Oskar was talking to him with, he stood up and hobbled towards one of the beds and sat. The larges sickly bruises dotting his knuckles visible evidence of the damage caused.

Iyad only shoved his face in his palm as he had seen the result of listening to the more violent survivor. It was a lesson learned, but by the kind of words Sayoko was speaking, it seemed he would still have some sort of respect for their race. He sighed, and rubbed his temples, the situation somewhat frustrating. To amend it he tried to get down to restrain a rebellious Asher, and get him back in the bed.

"You may be--..." Iyad said he struggled to keep the injured man from moving too much as he pulled Asher back towards the bed. "You may be right, this orange liquid is Prajna, a healing agent for our people. Now--... Stop moving."

"Fuhck you..." breathed Asher, his head limp towards the floor, only his body responding to get himself away from Iyad, and doing so poorly.

"What is this one's name again?" asked Iyad to Sayoko, before shaking his head, getting Asher clumsily over the bed, "Ah, at any speed, I watched this one heal as you all slept. He seems to have some sort of healing process built-in to himself, as his body stopped the bleeding all on it's ow--... Stop moving."

"I don' wanna..." Asher growled lightly, now finally on the bed, but trying to get off. As Iyad kept holding the Yamataian down, he looked over at Sayoko once more.

Do all of your people hold such ability? asked Doctor Jabalah.

While this had been going on, most of the Sund Wakir who had helped the survivors reach the hospital were all staring at Harmony. They seemed to be talking amongst one another, asking questions, shrugging, and having regular confusion. While they had been doing this most of the time, it only became noticeable as the Lorath started her ritual.

----

Meanwhile, Zahrah only stared plaintively at the Yamataian man that had panicked and crawled of a window right in front of her only a minute ago. Unlike the other darker skinned Iroma that Shiki had encountered, this one seemed less offended by his nakedness. From her face, she seemed slightly embarrassed in fact, and this was only made more obvious as she applied her face wrap and goggles. With a short cough, she reached into one of the pack strapped on the side of the Jarin Wyrm. After rustling in it for a few moments, she pulled out a plain Sund Wakir robe and a pair of sandals.

Refusing to look in his direction, Zahrah tossed the clothing in the sand in front of Shiki.

"H-here!" said the Eyr Ranr, not as smooth as most, it seemed, "You can't have it, but you can use them if you want..."

Zahrah twiddled her fingers for a moment before angrily thrusting a finger in Shiki's direction.

"But don't think I'm doing this for you are anything!" she said defensively, apparently too caught-up in the moment to realize he couldn't understand her words. "The Sund Wakir are just really sensitive to public nudity!"

----

"Yes, that would be most advisable." said Na'Subir to Hanadi, adjusting Nova so she was easier to lift up. Though, even though Hanadi wanted to hurry them out, the Temple Guard seemed to be waiting for something.

----

As Najat seemed to turn the Fael Raig on the rest of the crowd, some brawlers stopped fighting. They stepped back and away from the Temple Guard, allowing her a clear passage to the exit. Some of them hung their heads in shame, as they had gotten so riled up in front such an important figure.

"Excellent job, Al-Haradim." said Na'Subir, holding up Nova in his arms, and walking over to the Hopeful, "The correct amount of intimidation can prevent scores of bloodshed, remember this moment."

The Knight looked over at Hanadi, and nodded towards the door.

"We will go to the hospital first, and retrieve our other survivors. Then, to wherever Istislah's transport is." Na'Subir stated, turning to Najat and holding out the freespacer to her. "Here, she is your assignment. Istislah? We will discuss more of payment when arrive at your vehicle."

Sayoko nodded, coming over and giving Asher a light smack on the head. "Calm down lifeguard, and tell me your name." she said in Yamataian, before turning back to the doctor, back in trade. "To some degree. If I remember my base Biology lessons right, those in the military have it to a much higher degree." she said slowly, more due to trying to pull it from her memory then anything. "If I'm right, what he needs mainly is to not be shot again, and to calm down."

"Ow, fuck-dammit!" growled the wounded Asher as he reached for his head. The shock of the unexpected strike reawakened some of his pain and caused him to groan. He shook a little bit before settling down on the bed, giving a disgruntled look at Sayoko. His face, was that of a child scolded by a step-mother the child didn't like. Instead of answering her request, he just simply murmured some curse-words and other unintelligible things.

Iyad tilted his head, wondering if all humanoids outside of the known-Iromakuanhe world responded so well to violence. Despite the niceties Doctor Jabalah tried to offer the rowdy Yamataian, it seemed that one simple strike of the head was what it took to make Asher behave. For a few seconds, the Ivuori reflected on this.

"I could help there, if we keep him here for about a week or so, I believe his injuries could recover." Iyad said, looking Asher up and down, and realized he seemed to lack a key detail. "How long does this healing process take?"

Harmony stood after her prayer finished, her outfit around the legs and knees soaked in blood, along with the areas that had come into contact with the bodies. Walking over to Asher, Harmony spoke up.

"Military body Nekovalkyrja heal at a accelerated rate dependent upon the model they are due to their blood. Usually more blood will help with the healing, but not all the time. At least, that's what I've studied..."

Along with the biology of her planet, Harmony had been studying other races a little, knowing the most well known facts about their bodies and makeups, at least as much information as she could find on them.

"I could be wrong though, I've only just skimmed and found out the most well known information about different races, not like I've studied in depth...I'm actually studying Biology in college." Harmony smiled and tilted her head a little, the expression seeming forced still.

"That's good to hear. I'm technically studying xenobiology, but my degree requires study on our race's basics." Sayoko said, giving Asher another small glare. "You could technically feed him raw meat and he'd get better faster, but to be honest a lot of what it's gonna take is time for his system to actually get to work." she said, looking for a stool. "He has a lot of injuries. Synth-blood usually only has to work on one or two broken limbs or large cuts during a battle, not several bullet wounds, impact damage from our crash, and any extra stress he puts on it."

Looking at the door, glad to see everyone else was so far okay, she gave a small, sad smile. "Unfortunately, I don't think we have a couple of weeks, if those guys are any indication."

Najat's flat-expressioned face broke into a delighted smile as Na'Subir complimented her - her dark cheeks even reddened slightly. "Thank you, sera," she murmured, trying to keep the grin off her face as she helped usher her party out. One strong arm accepted the offered freespacer, holding her up against her side just in case she was still feeling woozy.

Asher's dirtied hands rose up into a weak shrug.

"I ain't sure how... how it works eitha'. I juss'... y'know, get shot..." Asher quipped through light breaths. He gestured toward his injuries and down his naked body, which was still fairly exposed for everyone to see. "Usually, bleed'n stops within' a few seconds a'so, dependin' on how bad it is." sighed the Yamataian, laying his hands down at his sides.

"Y'know... speakin' a'bleedin'. You fucked up those assholes ova' there pretty good, Fangy." a weak grin spread on the man's face, "Looks like I got someone I cn'trust t'watch my back."

Then he pointed at Sayoko.

"Didn't see you doin' nothin', though." Asher mentioned, in what seemed a disappointed pout.

"Ah, well, as a Student of Life amongst my people, I will help him the best I can. Perhaps later I will try more prajna injections to see if his system will take any more of it, but all I know is that I can't let anyone out into the blistering Nuocr in such a condition." explained Iyad, a little bit of blush on his face as he tried not to look directly at flaming Westwood.

----

Johnny-Ray Blizzard was an honest fellow, and a nice guy. Sure, his brother was a politician, but that had nothing to do with his own karma. This is why he wracked his mind on how such a thing could happen to him, waking up under a pile of dead bodies after Silver Sultan had been attacked by those crazy pirates, only to be saved by a crazy midget. At any rate, the Nepleslian pulled himself out from the dog-pile of bodies, and looked about cautiously. The stocky man had been a cop from Neplelsia, but had never experienced a reentry like that before, so he blacked-out when Asher brought the shuttle into atmosphere.

Little to Johnny-Ray's knowledge, the Sund Wakir had piled up the bodies of the survivors they had assumed were dead. That list of dead included those that had blacked out, people like, Mikael Battle and Laeliel. Though, Officer Blizzard could only see a pile of dead people, and hopeless situation, and would until he found something alive to interact with.

"Man... How's this shit happen t'me?" drawled the Neplelsian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back