• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Last Days of the Kuvexian War

Maybe stay away from anything that could be interpreted as a commentary on current politics? Also out of curiosity why would his defense fleet be smaller? This is a perfect excuse for an even bigger battle than before since the Kuvexians have every reason to commit a very large force to protect their king.

Maybe stay away from anything that could be interpreted as a commentary on current politics?
The Kuvexians themselves are vaguely a political commentary and have been since they were created. If SARP's use of wealth-seeking, corrupt narcissistic asshole politicians as the enemy causes you discomfort, you should probably reexamine your IRL political stance. I'm not trying to actively bang people on the head with politics on SARP but there's definitely always going to be shades of IRL issues (such as human rights, harmful corporate influence on governments, etc) viewed through the lens of sci-fi just like any other sci-fi franchise does. Basically space-golf was just a filler for some yet-to-be-specified recreational activity that the King engages in that requires him to travel to Space Mar-a-Lago (or insert your preferred resort here), whereever that is. It's just a quick and dirty example that's familiar to most of us so don't overthink it! We're not going to actually use those terms in the RP.
Also out of curiosity why would his defense fleet be smaller?
The defense fleet would be smaller because at the homeworld you also have a fleet that's there to defend the homeworld plus his personal protection, whereas if he's on vacation or whatever, it's just the fleet(s) there to protect him. You can't leave the homeworld undefended so you've got to split your resources.

The idea of a saint operation finding the opening to capture the king on a resort planet sounds kool but for me I see a few issues arise. This might be with some tinted glasses but as a big event I see it causing more issues then the fun event ending that I know a few of us are looking at.

I see the kidnapping doing the opposite effect then intent and causing the war to continue. Also the idea that a yam team in the end winning it I feel like other parts of the player base will feel excluded for there faction. I know it was originally a yam war with them but it has grown and we should look at other plots getting in there hurrah in too.

I also feel like we might see drama in who gets the prize or players won't feel like they can capture this objective. If you want to do something with Saint and then I suggest its a news article and not killing there king or the whole bloodline. Maybe a prince or something but I don't feel like we have earned a entire upheaval of there society when we haven't had more stories to flush it out.

I know our intent is getting a peace but with former yam planets under control of a threat won't sit well. Why I'm suggesting a cold war since no one really can do the knock out blow while keeping enough of there forces intact with the amount of sieges will be seen.

Lastly I do agree with a final battle one last hurrah to settle the score. Could even be a few last battles (as plots maybe wrap up archs) but I think a final battle might be good.

Personally the battle of Nataria for me was one of the most fun rps I got to do on the site. I didn't feel restricted i loved seeing everyone getting some action and it gave that climatic. One of the few times if I was a fleet commander, a Santo hei, that I could get into the thick of it and not worry if I'd get backlash or have to retype everything I did.

I'd set the goal something like a major shipyard, main supply hub, or maybe a unknown jump gate we can destroy. In the end the battle forces us all to the brink and we can look at peace.

During the community meeting discussion, I think I mentioned maybe having some forward deployed elements attack King Kalapom’s palace in a way that didn’t necessarily have a lasting physical impact but would be enough to scare the Kuvexian nobility into thinking twice about continuing the war. That wasn’t really a mass open battle idea, though. Just something fun for plots who carried out previous Kuvexian War discussions and actually participated in the war to do. Glory to the warriors who put the time in kinda stuff.

SchererSoban’s last paragraph seems like a better idea if there is to be another open RP event to cap off the war.

Thanks for all the ideas and feedback everyone! I've started the end of the war in the form of a giant battle that everyone can be part of. See The Opportunity for the planning part and stay tuned for the actual battle thread, which will come after we amass enough forces to take the Kuvexians on.

Figuring out how many ships the NDC can contribute, should build times be calculated with in-character days or out-of-character days? MBL doesn't specify.

Probably IC but for simplicity's sake OOC is OK too. The intent of the MBLs is to keep people from immediately pulling ships out of their butt by saying they made them earlier. It's like a two-week waiting period for buying guns lol.

Nep will be participating to the best of its ability.

We, of course, cant send nearly what yamatai can even after the losses yamatai took at nataria but can add their mettle to the cats in some capacity depending on who else in the nepshere of my players with faction assets or interest i can get to join.

Nesh don't have any real stake in the Kuvvie war and are dealing with their own problems but they'll send something to backup their Nepnep friends, I've said this a few times on discord but I'm putting it here for the sake of visibility.

Quick question, what do the Essai actually have to gain from this? It seems like they kinda just went "Yeah sure we'll risk our planets to help you"

Perhaps someone should ask them.

They are pretty much an RP tool to cut away the excuse of travelling for MONTHS to get there and as a kind of insert-nuke since the combined forces don't have the numbers to win in a straight up fight i took it as.

I said it in the discord but ill say it here too.

The current RP isnt Yui deciding what everyone is going to do with no give.

Its all the military leaders coming up with a plan.

We can propose other ideas and make agreements on something else beyond genocide~

I for one will have Calloway propose that we stick to a part of a strategic plan (holding the line for a short period of time) while strategic forces are inserted to do significant and considerable damage.

Yui herself said how important this system, these banking planets and the like. Yamatai has millions of PA that can teleport onto planets and nep is no stranger to inserting troops planetside. We can do a lightning raid and hit strategic targets like somehow crippling their economy thought the destruction of key-

Nevermind
Nepleslia has just been removed from the equation.

It would seem the final battle will be a hard fought one. But the current economic and political climate would benefit from doing so. Not just Nepleslia, but many other Factions.

I said it in the discord and ill say it here as well for the record.

I, personally, will not be continuing as my character would be too IC slighted by what just happened after simply saying that he and Nepleslia arent comfortable with genocide just for a well respected and renowned figure in the sector to politically spit in his face and kick him and all its leaders out over it. But my players who have fleets or who want to join in some way and can find a way to participate can and should feel welcome to join in despite my decision if they can find a way to make it work.

Nep will be taking offense to this IC and ill make a short post about it like a side-story in the news; But it will be seen as an insult against them by yamatai and nothing beyond and is not OOC motivated, but when a former empress and high-ranking military leader insults you politically and your entire military to its face they take offense.

Im sure if any neps do take part it will be drowned out in the news by the combined triumph of the attack but will not be forgotten if future RP does happen but shouldn't overly change much depending on the RP.

Nep will be taking offense to this IC and ill make a short post about it like a side-story in the news
Just remember that it's a secret meeting about a future incursion into Kuvexian space. Sharing intel with Kuvexia via the media could be bad news.

Whose sharing intel with kuvexia?

Also maybe such things should be considered before a prominent figure acts rashly.

The nep military being pissed it was insulted being referenced in the news is hardly OPSEC breaking.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back