• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Last Days of the Kuvexian War

I know Star Army has had these events in the past though I'll be honest i'm not really comfortable as a player being part of a campaign that just nuclear fires several planets. I know the idea of something important knocking each one down enough that I suggested but the utter Annihilation of the Civilian I really don't like. I know Yui has done this in the past but honestly I feel more the Star Army would lose the moral argument post war. I also know some of my characters would resign in disgust.

I was hoping for a nice battle pitch one that would just show a strength of arms and desperation of each side. Each one fighting as best they can for the objective but one that wouldn't loom with a utter evil.

The Glimmergold system was presented by Yui as a fortified financial-military center with planets that are gigantic computers. None of the in-character information has suggested anything unscrupulous would happen during the fight. Just saying.

What such a post would look like, raz, is more akin to a news anchor saying that many nepleslian leaders are upset about being slighted by something yamatai did (which is common enough in the news) but no official sources could be reached for comment, and something will just be assumed like nep being upset that yamatai is prob launching some new super ship akin to the izanagi or that they are being over-expansive again.

The thing most neps get upset about when it comes to yamatai.

The literal only thing any of the characters aside from Yui know is that "Glimmergold... contains the six banking planets and treasury planet of the Interstellar Kingdom of Kuvexia."

Banking areas and major commercial sites also typically are part of a major populace center if not in the capital. Bank of Canada Toronto, Deutsche Bundesbank Frankfurt, Bank of England London, Federal Reserve Washington Dc as some example each also being in a major populace center.

Part of Kuvexia's premise and theme is that the main thrust of their society is finance and money. They have gold plated ships and their armies are raised by private citizens/companies. They use the Rixxikor as financial bioweapons against their foes. Everyone among the masses is an employee or some level of indentured servant in the Interstellar Kingdom. Their banks and companies are military targets according to how they've been portrayed from the start and we've never mistaken their fictional way of life as being analogous to some form of reality in any past RP. I cannot fathom why striking at Kuvexian targets now — in what amounts to the final battle of the war — is suddenly a more delicate procedure than it has been before.

The objective doesn't separate civilian from military at all and is lumping every single citizen as a military target. I know I have objected to this in the past and have stated that I do believe in a separation of the civilian masses. The problem is not the bank it self but the entire Annihilation of these planets and its entire populace. Why its delicate and why its important is how the war and post war will be portrayed and if in the end the left over militaries have any moral authority left. If our enemies use bio weapons do we stoop to there level ? No we shouldn't. Just cause we have the means to wipe them off from the face of galaxy doesn't mean we should.

Surgical strikes and destruction of the gate on the retreat is my personal vote.

The only people defining the planned RP at Glimmergold as "genocide," whether in or out of character, are people who aren't GMing it. It's a single system in a vast interstellar empire that has been militarily fortified by troops, ships, and installations that can't be easily categorized as "civilian" or "military" in real world terms.

Late-night silly thoughts: We should just land a multinational strike team of PCs during the distraction caused by other PCs fighting in space, to infiltrate the main banking computer and change the value of the Kuvexian dollar or whatever to zero.

Yes, this idea is shamelessly stolen and I don't know why it came to me right now.

Why not just have each participating faction take a specific theater or facet of battle in some grand joint assault. Yamatai backed by essai firepower takes the air and space theater of the battle. Nepleslia takes the ground and siege theater of the battle with their expansive infantry and combined arms experience. NDC can provide recon and fire support to both theaters.

We are calling it a genocide because that seems to be the appropriate word for blowing away five planets filled with civilians. And yes, a financial center is going to be filled with civilians. Think New York, London, Bejing, ect.

And yes, a financial center is going to be filled with civilians.
In Kuvexia? Where banks literally have their own fleets of warships? Where one day a Kuvexian soldier might be assigned as a frontline trooper and then get demoted to go work as a teller because they pissed off the wrong noble?

I think you guys are overlaying too much of the real world on top of an entirely fictional evil sci-fi kingdom.

I suggested a "way out" for the current situation earlier in the discord, and I'll put it here again for posterity. Some stuff is paraphrased or has had the wording slightly changed

We could have the Star Army present some new intel like "We didn't mention earlier, but these planets are only inhabited by the local security forces and fleet, civilians aren't allowed in the system because the banking lords of Kuvexia fear that someone would try to steal their stuff"

This makes sense with in Kuvexia's culture, allays concerns of Genocide by providing info that wasn't there before on the populations of the planets, and gets us back on track to have everyone involved and having a good time rather than being asses

I hope more people will try to come up with ideas on how to make things work for everyone, rather than going "Screw everyone who didn't like the very first idea that was presented without consulting with anyone beforehand" or just backing out entirely

They are valid points and people should have their characters/factions act accordingly. But there hasn't been any real intel on what is even there, hence why I have posted the way I have now.

Your correct i'm not gming it though I would help if needed for any gming for it. Again that being said I mean there are other options we can do and some are being presented up above. I mean always worth looking at options and I mean if we don't post our concerns and then people wonder why we didn't join in for the RP its better to air it out now.

Also we have explored in RP both Kuvvie military and civilian areas. How close they are and so far we haven't had any information about the complete break down on these planets not even a wiki article about the system. So all we can go on is previous rp and also our own experiences of what might be there. So why there is a assumption that these planets also contain civilian populace.

Soban's in-character post presents another very strong option for giving players a bunch of different options for how to take part in the battle. Looks promising, and seems to have good IC reasoning behind it re: strategic goals.

Though, perhaps, it could have done a little better in the "integrating other factions" department. :p

Soban's in-character post presents another very strong option for giving players a bunch of different options for how to take part in the battle. Looks promising, and seems to have good IC reasoning behind it re: strategic goals.

Though, perhaps, it could have done a little better in the "integrating other factions" department. :p
It's an initial plan, one that I'd like us to discuss and perhaps refine into a better one. ;)

I think the issue here is that people are inventing a problem that is non-existent. There was no talk of genocide or wiping out targets that aren't significant to the war effort. Every post until someone decided to say "genocide" showed support from Yamatai's allies, including Nepleslian admirals who outrank Calloway.

Wes's "opportunity" is just the fulfillment of a final battle RP that everybody can participate in on the Kuvexian front in the absence of a realistic way for everyone's ships to get there on time (because only a few Yamataian formations are really out there as it stands). Ultimately, in character, it's the Essai asking Yamatai to protect their superweapons so we can give the Kuvexians enough of a bloody nose to end the war and then yeet back to the Kikyo Sector. If the Essai aren't confident that their planet-ships can be protected then we may lose the chance to collectively send anything at all.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back