• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: NovaCorp/Horizon City Lunch

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Its enough to get by and keep your mind off of troubling matters. Idle hands lead to trouble...â€

Kai shrugged to that, using a spoon to sip the miso soup while Elena wrestled to manage her burger and making a small mess while she was at it...ah for small hands. "What's everything to me? Everything is whatever you make it out to be and what you do with it, and since possessing or having influence over everything is impossible in all meanings. You have to make due with what you have." He said stirring the soup some. "But to me everything is just managing to live in peace away from all these bloody wars everyone else seems to be so wrapped up in....then again, deep inside that's what everyone wants so I'm not all that special now am I?" He smirked.

"Well I'm in a little place where I can lay low and out of the way, I haven't seen a real war in a long time,â€

Kai shrugged and dipped a spring roll into the soup and took a bite. Elena had inhaled her burger fairly quickly, the girl ate like she always had somewhere to be..oh well...it made her happy either way. "What do you mean where you go isn't your choice? " She asked, looking confused for the moment. "And why would the need for a warrior never go away? even in times of peace? Because someone needs to stand up and protect it the whole time? then if that's true...that's not peace for that person now is it?"

"The reason the warrior will always have work is because there will always be conflict. Even if your not at war, there is internal policing to be done and policies to be made.â€

"So that's how things go. One goes where he or she is needed, that's the way of the world...figuratively speaking." Kai sighed, finishing the soup up with the last of the rolls after a few moments of silence. Elena had finished up hers as well and was leaning back in her chair starting to doze a little, having a full stomach. For a while, the issue with the probe that was to be launched was bothering him slightly; more like an attack of conscience. Should he indeed try and get into contact with Uesu and Ayame for their side of the argument? "Well it's been nice, but I've got to go. Business to take care of, as always..." he said, smirking slightly.

He rose from his chair brushing a hair out of his eye and scooted his sister's chair out and gently picked her up giving her a piggyback ride to let the full girl nap. "It was good meeting you." Kai nodded to Harm. "Perhaps we'll see each other again." And with that he headed out of the restaraunt to 1) check on the progress of the probe, then get a ship back to Yamatai, he had to talk to Ayame first in his mind or he'd just feel wrong about things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back