• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Major Wiki Reorganization In Progress!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just giving you guys a heads up, I'm making some major changes to the way the wiki is organized:
  • Due to the number of factions overrunning the root namespace, there's now a faction namespace where most factions are going to go. Large and active factions may be excluded, at least for now, except for their index pages, which will go in the faction namespace too. Example: faction:yamatai_star_empire
  • Star Army of Yamatai namespace stararmy is getting a major overhaul, adding new topical sub-namespaces like foods, occupations, vehicles, bases, etc - it's huge and needs more organization.
  • I found a way to move character art images safely without breaking backlinks, and a way to repair the ones I broke the other day, but it's going to take a while (hundreds of moves needed)

Anything we should do as end-users?
Good question! If you have signatures or posts that link to wiki pages, check them to make sure they still work. Also, please report any broken links you find on the site. Users who need links fixed in an old post that they can't edit should make a topic in the support forum and/or convo me.

Hey guys, I'm currently working on rebuilding the search index -- during the rebuild the search may not return results for all pages (e.g. they don't appear in the searches) but they will be back once the index is fully rebuilt. There's a lot of pages to index so it takes some time.

Reactions: raz
Take 2! I got interrupted so it's running again. Estimated time until completion: About 3 hours or so. I'll post again when it's done.

Search index finally finished rebuilding overnight! Thanks for your patience with this.

The wiki now supports redirects, but I have to manually add them. I've set some up for the faction pages which were recently moved into the faction: namespace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back