• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: NSS Alliance [Marine VR Sim] Planet X Marks the Spot

Istvan saw what happenws, and scittered through the group, putting himself inbetween Adrian and Soreta. "You don't disrespect women." he said firmly to Adrain. He turned to Soreta "I am truely sorry about the behavior of my comrade in arms. Not every Nepplisian is well cultured, and not every Nepplisian understands chivilrey." He spoke with little tone, a somewhat russian accent underpinning his words.... He turned back to Adrian. "Your blood lust controls you too much, I saw what you did in the sims. Make the rage work for you, do not work your rage."

"Yeah Adrian, don't be sore that you got your ass done in by a lady." Rico laughed, turning his head back to Soreta as he finished. He crossed his arms and looked her over, sizing her up with a smirk as he gazed at her behind Istvan's back. He decided she looked rather plain for a Geshrin, and began questioning all of the scornful remarks Adrian and the others had made. Rico came to the conclusion that they must have been over-exaggerating.

Rico blinked back up at Istvan as he finished, waving a free hand nonchalantly in his direction. "Hey baby, don't get so tight-assed...we're just havin' some fun. I think she did pretty well in there, for a woman like her." Rico said with a friendly smile.

Adrian clicked his tongue and glared at the three marines.
"Whatever. Nuts to you guys. Have fun with your Ice queen."
He turned and walked away towards several other marines discussing the battle.

"Ice Queen? Don't tell me your going to start getting poetic like Istvan." Kokuten said after Adrian as he walked off, Kokuten puffed his cigar and turned over to Rico.

"Hey pal, you doing okay? Adrian gave you a pretty swift kick." Kokuten said, looking down at Rico's leg.

Wazu nodded, "The sim is intended to help the marines form leadership structures even in the event that the chain of command has been destroyed or suddenly removed by suprising means. Like the last time there will be a brief pause before the teams are actively shooting at eachother. By then each time should have established their own chain of command. If this can't be done then I suggest you learn how to do it quickly."

"Yes sir." He though about how he had reacted so slowly in leading the few people he had consciously taken control of. He would have to make sure he didn't put himself or others in danger. "May I be dismissed?" He asked stiffly, trying to be as respectful as possible.

The Vel Steyr washed his hands with soap and blew it dry. There was a nagging doubt in his head that Omega could have lost and he would go back to cursing himself like the last mission but all that disappeared when Ally announced Omega's victory over the speakers. "Heh." was all he said.

Looking at himself in the mirror, he convinced himself that what he did was right. He could not control the rage that was inbuilt into all male Nepleslians but at least he allocated for it. In an unrelated note, his hair has grown past his eyes. He liked it that way, it gave him a low profile. In the center a bundle of hair was not parted. Using both hands, Fian searched the strands for something... To his horror, the single white hair was missing, it must have fallen off some time ago.

Cursing (At the hair), Fian left the Washroom to go back to the VR Room. Oddly, no one noticed him entering, he expected atleast to be congratulated or something. Most of the marines seem to be congregating towards the center of the room. "What happened?" Fian asked a fellow Omega.

The man was standing on his toes trying to get a closer look. "Valkyrie is in trouble."

"What!?" Although the battle was over and he no longer held any sway over the men here, Valkyrie was his subordinate and he previously suspected that he was new here. Squeezing through the mass of soldiers with his remaining authorothy as Omega Squad leader, he made it to the front to be hit by another surprise.

"A... a girl!?"

When Fian Vel Steyr appeared in the room, pushing his way past soldiers to get a look at the 'Valkyrie' who seemed to be the subject of much conversation, Soreta met him with a very large grin on her face. "Vel Steyr, I presume?" The way she stood was rather defiant, but she had a clear respect for the soldier in her voice - in fact, quite possibly the first instance of such respect she had shown since she arrived on board.

"Thank you sir." Gran finished his salute and turned curtly and walked away, heading back to his room. He stumbled slightly, his body still felt funny. He ignored every wave and holler from the marines around him, he needed to wash his face.

Fian narrowed his eyes to no avail, Valkyrie's cyan hair was covering her eyes. It was a habit the Vel Steyr siblings learned from their father, as though to see the person's true intentions by the mirror of their souls. He regained his soldierly composure and allowed himself four seconds to think. Cant tell, probably that new diplomat... Soreta?. Time up, Fian simply spoke from what he had experienced firsthand of her instead of what he had heard.

"Yes, Fian Vel Steyr." He held out his hand. "You must be Soreta, excellent performance back there."

"Glad you could figure it out so quickly...you didn't do too badly yourself." Soreta's smile softened as she shook his hand, for a brief moment, before she let go and went a little louder for the others in the room to hear. "I won't be joining you next battle - after all, I'd probably be a distracting presence." It seemed a little amusing that Fian struggled so hard to see into Soreta's eyes - she hadn't met anyone who made that much effort to see what was behind her hair. Perhaps, she thought, this man had a potential that others did not.

I don't really have to, anyway...and I don't want that first officer looking too closely at my technique. Soreta's thoughts, however, were worlds away from her current state of being...

"I am sure you have your own reasons." Fian replied, giving a firm shake and then withdrawing. "But in my opinion, you are always welcome here to train with or against us." Various murmurs (From Alpha) and some cheers (From Omega) rang out after that statement. "We may be an ass around ladies sometimes but I'm sure we can notice real skill when we see it."

Wazu set his datapad down beside his chair and pulled himself to standing with the help of his cane. "Alright Marines, iteration two is starting in one minute!â€

"Send any recommendations or reports you have to my electronic mail or give them to me in person. I may swing by there before you're finished. Miller out."

The captain let his XO continue running the VR training as Wazu seemed to have his hands full. However, Miller couldn't help but crack a smile at the hooting and hollering that some of the marines were giving out just at the moment he closed the communications link. It reminded him of his own days as a grunt on the field of battle, a time where camaraderie was forged with alcohol, violence and blood.

A sigh escaped the Nepleslian's lips as he sipped a mug of coffee at his desk. He had gotten the signal some minutes ago from the engineering team telling him that the medical bay was completed and operational. Having already completed his report on Planet X hours ago and just seen to the new crew manifest, the captain found himself in a rare spot of dead time.

He could have spent the time writing a speech for the briefing, but he was no writer. What needed to be said came from the heart.

Instead, he reached into his drawer, pulled out a small metal flask, and poured some more of its liquor into his coffee cup.

As the attention of the room turned to Fian and Soreta's conversation, Rico took the moment to slink through the crowd once more, popping up beside Fian with a friendly smirk. Rico then quickly put his forearm onto Fian's shoulder, leaning slightly on him as he spoke again in between the two.

"Yeah, stick around for another sim baby. I'm sure Fian would absolutely love the company. I know I would." Rico joked, shaking Fian a bit with his elbow as he spoke with a sly grin. It was almost immediately afterwards that Wazu gave the orders to begin assembling for round two. Rico jumped to attention, wanting to hurry back to his original seat, but decided to stick around for a moment to hear Soreta's retort.

And for once, Soreta gave a response that could be thought of as something the typical Geshrin would say: "I'd rather have him than you."

She winked at Fian, though she knew he wouldn't be able to see it, and went to the upper level to join the officers supervising the exercise.

Gran had been walking aimlessly until Ally's vioce informed the ship that the next Vr sim was goinbg to happen. Let's see how this next one goes. He trotted back to the rec room, feeling quite normal again. He smiled and waved to the others already in the room as he took his seat again.

Rico kept silent as Soreta made her comment and walked off, and odd smile still lingering across his face. He was a little aggitated that he could not read her face...something he somewhat prided himself on when it came to women. Rico's gaze continued to follow her as she approached the stage. 'Good. I love a challenge.'

Rico quickly whirled around back to Fian, placing a hand on his shoulder and giving him a 'you lucky bastard' kind of look. "Oh ho, you sly sonuva bitch!" Rico said with a chuckle. "Tell ya what baby; if ya make it to the end of this round without bitin' it, I'll give ya a few of my finer tips in the art of love. Sound like a plan baby?" Rico slapped a palm on Fian's back before quickly moving around back to his seat, not waiting for Fian's reply.

John let out a disappointed sigh at the actions of his fellow marines and leaned back against a wall of the simulator. "So, what's up next Sarge?"

RPG-D RPGfix
Back