• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Submission Missile Container

Status
Not open for further replies.
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Zack, no one else has tried to bypass the rules and systems in place on SARP as often as you have, so no one else has to have precautions taken against that attempted bypassing. To be honest, even if this weren't you, I'd still request this of anyone who submitted it since I know how easily it could be abused.

I feel that without special notice on the page for this weapon, the potential for abuse is high, not just because you submitted it but because by nature it was originally supposed to be a thing you could lug along without paying for it under the weapons limitations and then bust it out and say "Surprise I have way too many missiles!"

For clarification. A single missile tube with a magazine of 90 missiles would be a single weapon. However, would those same missiles in a vertical launching system would count as 90 weapons?

Last edited:
@Soban this is the official rule:
For missile launchers (like the Mini-Missile Launcher Pod): each “launcher” is counted as a single weapon system, regardless of how many missiles it can carry or launch simultaneously.

A VLS is all one launch platform. It would count as one weapon under the current guidelines.

EDIT: but don't abuse it, as it can still be rejected if it's overpowered technology

I will now issue a warning; If the submitter of this creation stalls beyond the 3 day time limit, or refuses to make the edits requested this submission will be denied with prejudice, meaning that it can not be resubmitted.

Your continued disrespect for the NTSE as a whole has already hurt your chances greatly and I am honestly already considering a denial with prejudice simply becasue you show a complete lack of respect for the NTSE, and because you continually try to cheat the rules on a regular basis with no indication of stopping.

Ship weapon limits are evaluated on the ship page during submission and I’d really like toy ave my submissions treated like everyone else’s.

Can I get @Wes to step in here for a ruling?

After all we don’t un-approve the Mindy because Alex is breaking the weapon limits rule on the Eucharis or constantly threaten to unapprove items that were perfectly reasonable to other NTSE staff. The only real hold up here seems to be ‘this is Zack, so his stuff requires special attention’.

Meanwhile other submissions in the NTSE go unattended...

The Mindy is not subject to the weapon limitations, @Zack, because it is a power armor - and the reason your stuff requires “special attention” is because you are the only member on Star Army whose submissions consistently attempt to cheat their way around the rules.

If the items aren't built into a starship, they shouldn't be counted as part of its weapon limitations. Mobile containers are their own thing, not part of the starship they're moved around on.

Is this what you're looking for?

Yeah, pretty much.

This should be approvable in its current state without further modification from what Wes said unless I’m missing something.

@Wes the problem is that they can be fired from the ship. Or rather the container can be fired into space and then the missiles can be fired from the container. It's a loophole to achieve more weapons then the limits provide. These containers are not simply for transporting the missile, because the missile can be launched from the container it is a missile launcher unto itself.

And that is evaluated on the ship page rather like every other submission. It’s not something that should even be coming up here.

With a precedent of allowance for this in place, what's to stop someone from just stuffing every bit of empty space on their ship with launch cells for containers, saying "No they're not built in" And then launching the missiles out of the containers, effectively giving the ship extra weapons completely for free with no consequences whatsoever.

It is my opinion, and that of two other NTSE mods that this is both overpowered and a blatant attempt to bypass the weapons limitations through the manipulation of the rules.

Per the Submission Rules, this sort of article is unwanted, and I have extreme misgivings about allowing this to pass in any form. At this point, it sets a harmful precedent by allowing players to cheat past the weapons limitations with deployable weapons such as laser containers and the RUDaaS container.

Also, @Zack, the reason that this is being agonized over is that you have a history of attempting to bypass and exploit the rules at any given opportunity, and that's harmful to the site as a whole.

And that is evaluated on the ship page rather like every other submission. It’s not something that should even be coming up here.
I agree with Zack here on this point. The submission should be evaluated on its own. Yes it could be fired out a cargo bay door of a starship, but it could also be fired from some giant space station that has enough weapon limitations to support any number of weapons, or it could be fired from a random truck. Whatever. The submission is basically a box.

The problem is that there is no way to keep people from trying to cheat, and if we let it go without making it explicitly clear that this *IS* a weapon, which it absolutely is, then I can almost guarantee that down the line someone will say "Well it didn't say in the article that I had to count it as a weapon."

This review is for: RUDAAS Missile Container

[ ✔ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ✔ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template
[ ✔ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✔ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ ✔ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate
[ ✔ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels
[ ✔ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern)
[ ✔ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ✔ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✔ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

@Wes could you please unlock the C9 Pine class thread in the approved submissions forum, please? The VLC needs to be reassessed as a missile launching platform due to its ability to launch ordinance.

Also, for the sake of argument, I'm Yamataian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back