• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Submission Missile Container

Status
Not open for further replies.
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I want to be clear that this counts as a weapon, not a missile. You can't launch it from say, the C9 class vertical launch cells as a missile. It will be counted as a single weapon under the weapons limitations.

It absolutely is a weapon under the weapons limitations. It is the final launcher of the missiles so is therefor the weapon system. That's my opinion (and if you won't listen to my opinion, my ruling) as an NTSE mod.

Zack what's the lowest blast mode and radius you are comfortable with?

Hello! Let's see if this submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...

[ Check ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ N/A ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template
[ Check ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ Check ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ Check ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate
[ Probably not] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels
[ Check ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern)
[ Check ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ Probably not ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ Check ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Here's some fixes this article still needs:

1. Make it clear that this counts as a tier 13 weapon system, since that's the highest possible payload, and that's how missile weapons are rated.

When these fixes are made, please post a reply here so I can re-check the article. Thank you!

@Ametheliana this review is for the container, not the missiles themselves, just a heads up so you're not confused on what's going on.

One of my issues with this is that it's a clear and blatant attempt to bypass the weapons limit rules.

Is this a real review?

2: 'is it in the proper format and template' Can you check that against the style guide at least? Or maybe mention that there isn't really a template for exactly this situation? Or if there is a template that this needs to be configured to meet could you mention that there?

[ Probably not] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels <-- What is this? This answer is not helpful at all and as someone trying to make a submission this does zero to help me figure out what would need to be changed. It seems like this is just you being snarky.

[ Probably not ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc. <-- also unhelpful, but at least you describe that a bit better. The question here seems to be 'is this a container holding two drones' and as such treated like the drones are extra ships it carries? Or is this a weapon that should have a DR rating? In hindsight I guess I did list them as 'weapons' so it makes sense to have them formatted with DR like every other weapon on the site, so that has been done.

Firstly, that was a very real review, and I'd like for you to respect it.

Secondly, you are attempting making a weapon which you don't want to count towards the weapons limit of your ship. That's a pretty clear no no under the weapons limitations rules. It's clearly a weapon under those rules, so it has to be counted as one since it's the final launcher of the missiles. It's not a drone, and the missiles are not drones. Stop trying to bypass the rules or I will reject the submission as technologies that attempt to bypass current SARP rules and systems are listed under the "unwanted articles" section of the submission rules.

Unwanted Articles

Please do not submit articles of the following types:
  • New dimensions or planes of existence
  • New methods of faster-than-light travel
  • Self-replicating super battleships
  • Godlike beings
  • Technologies obviously designed to circumvent or ignore current SARP rules and systems
  • Nanotechnology-based anti-starship weapons
  • Technology that allows objects to pass through other objects (“phasing” etc)
  • Magic, in general

me from earlier said:
In hindsight I guess I did list them as 'weapons' so it makes sense to have them formatted with DR like every other weapon on the site, so that has been done.

@Zack, does this 'container' require a forklift to remove it's contents? If this weapon ejects live ordinance that will be attempting to destroy an enemy it is a weapon. Fortunately it gives you two missiles for the cost of one so it's not all bad. Please stop trying to make the Pine class a limit breaker. I may not be very smart but this is very obvious and I really don't want this to be rejected again.

Are you agreeing to add to the page that this is to be considered a single tier 13 weapon, and that even when contained within a deployment mechanism like those found on the C9 and C8 that each of these is still a single tier 13 weapon?

Wait a minute - let me run some numbers, as if this can be deployed from the C8 then that article may also need to be updated in order to avoid breaking the Weapon Limitations.

View attachment 15499

Do I need arrows? Highlighting? Am I using words wrong? I changed it to list the missiles according to the DR rules say weapons should be listed and then I posted here to say that I did that.

And sure, we can unapprove the C8 and C9 as soon as we also unapprove every starship on the site that can hold a huge size SSCC.

The C8 and C9 don't carry this weapon so this is a non-issue. Like every ship, a weapon load out is approved when the ship is approved or added to an approved later when changes are made just like every other ship.

If you really want to power game just do what I do and get a Caravan Heavy Frieghter. Bam, 81,000 Huge containers or a refugee city. ;)

Just because they don't carry the weapon doesn't mean it cannot be done. Frankly, I don't know what else the VLC would carry but a missile or some other ordinance. You could always fill us in on your intentions and maybe set us at ease.

The C8 definitely needs to be updated, as according to this section each of the ship’s four C8 Defense Field Facilities has 6 launch tubes, each of which is capable of launching four huge-sized cargo containers - which the RUDaaS Container is the exact same size of.

Four facilities times six launch tubes times four cargo containers equals, interestingly enough, ninety-six RUDaaS Containers - the exact same amount the C9 has. Plugging that into my calculator, I get this result - which clearly violates the Weapon Limitations.

It does say that the launcher is only rated for boxmines. @Zack is that the only item it can currently launch?

This thread is for the container. With the changes that Zack has made, and under the knowledge that it will be counted individually as a single weapon, I am going to approve this submission.

This thread will be used as a reference for other NTSE mods to make sure they know how to handle this weapon.

Edit: @Zack must list the entire container as a weapon, not just the missiles.

Arguably it can carry any non-weapon container. That would include things like the HSSSCC tug, HSSSCC skycrane, HSSSCC transport, an HSSSCC full of food.

Since the weapons haven't been approved on the C8/C9 I wouldn't be able to fit the laser containers (which I could put in there for zapping)... unless maybe I put them in upside down? I really hate that rule because of just how dumb that situation becomes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back