• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Approved Submission Missile Container

Status
Not open for further replies.
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I would like to ask that the request @Alex Hart made here - the one that @Kyle, a staff member, supported - be fulfilled as a condition of this submission being approved.

Edit: Also, shouldn’t Alex be the one reviewing this submission? As far as I know, moderators aren’t allowed to just “jump in” and review another moderator’s submission.

Hold on a moment. You actually can't review USO submissions.
Can you provide a link to some basis in the rules for this claim, or to a post where I made a ruling that supports your assertion?

While @Rizzo is a Yamataian player, he does have a stake in the USO and has a RUDaaS variant he wants to make. However, I trust his judgment and now that I look there's no explicit rule against it.

Here's the link to the C9, Wes. I would have linked sooner but had yet another keyboard malfunction. Should have got an Apple.

Since objection is withdrawn the approval stands. I am closing the thread because we've wasted enough time arguing over this submission.

While I would like to see that edit made, and I know that several other NTSE mods would too I'm going to stand behind Rizzo's decision even if I don't personally agree with it.

Also, there's no explicit rule against it @FrostJaeger, it's just not usually done. However, in this case @Zack asked for a different reviewer, so I suppose it's OK. I've discussed with Rizzo what changes will need to be made to other things in order to balance this submission.

However, what I'm still worried about is that there's no way to explicitly keep someone from just saying "Well I've got a giant cargo hold full of these" But I'm pretty sure that the @Rizzo and the rest of the NTSE will see right through that sort of attempt to bypass the rules.

Bringing this back, and removing the DR listing for the missile as it no longer contains weapons. Should just need someone to sign off on the change.

As the NTSE has been rejecting submissions of mine without cause lately, I'd also like to get the approval template used for this just so I can make sure everything is done as it is supposed to be.

Please stop being disrespectful towards the NTSE, @Zack, as you know full well they were rejected for legitimate causes.

Last edited:
As long as there are no damage dealing warheads the shouldn't be any issues with approval.

This review is for: RUDAAS Missile Container

[ ✔ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ✔ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template
[ ✔ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✔ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ ✔ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate
[ ✔ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels
[ ✔ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern)
[ ✔ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ✔ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✔ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

The article has no DR rating, even though it is a weapon.

Furthermore, with no actual value listed someone could attempt to just be take it for free and make the claim that there’s no DR listed for it.

If they make a ship that carries warheads of death it will need to be approved or rejected on its own. Also, to prevent RP from becoming non-canon I'm sure they will be careful not to load live ordnance IC. It is an invisible wall but unfortunately we could not reach a satisfactory agreement for the WepLim issue. It can be corrected later.

It seems no approved article is safe no matter how many approvals it gets.

Locking this thread to be in line with Wes's earlier locking of the thread.

Mods can still post in locked threads and I do hope your intention isn't to try sneaking this through.
I trust that you will keep your word. Do you promise that you do not intend to weaponize this container?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…