• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: Yome Ismâopate [Mission 0.0] Following the other path

Keyul listened to his new crew mate then spoke. "Actually it is not very weird. Many folks choose to following their parents careers. It makes sense, its familiar, you grow up hearing about their work. It is why I am a Warrior as well as a Faith Walker. My parents were both Warriors."

Keyul did not make any mention about the fact that Pule mentioned his sibling. It was good that he could speak without pain. "Well, it should be interesting. Being on a ship in these new times, colonizing worlds, our presence no longer hidden. The Yome Ismâopate is a new ship, my Ruoka hopes that she will be the first of many. We are supposed to be receiving some new equipment as soon as it becomes available. I am not so sure how I feel about that. New items rushed into the field, sounds problematic. But I guess that will just give the technicians something to do."

Pule laughs "at least all i will be dealing with is protecting and cleaning, i'm not a tech guy" he laughs more and looks at the necklace "at least i have someone i know and like there with me" he smiles slightly and stretches .

Keyul chuckled, "You may not have to worry about fixing, but I will bet you 8 gold Odawina. That you will find yourself having to deal with 'new' equipment like the rest of us."

Pule smile and shakes his head "i never bet on anything that isn't a sure thing for me getting the money at the end" he laughs and looks at Keyul.

Keyul laughed at his companion's comment. "Well, that is useful information to have. Because I prefer not to part with my lelpa unless there is something to gain from it. So we have something in common there. There will not be much to spend our lelpa on once the ship launches until we return."

Pule laughs loudly and pats his comrade's back "lets hope, we don't know about other world goods, they might have some really cool stuff for us to buy".

Keyul paused to ponder Pule's words. "Well, if we remain in the area around the New Worlds, there will not be much opportunity for purchase. Now if the Ta'a decided to take us into Yamatai space. Then that is a completely different matter."

"Of course if we encounter pirates or others who violate our borders. That could mean lelpafiqori for each crew member. An especially well stocked ship means bigger lelpafiqori. As long as they aren't the many legs, then there is no profit in the taking. Just the thrill of the kill." Keyul replied.

Pule smiles at the last part "i love the kill, like when the other person thinks they have one then falls into your trap and you watch the light leave their eyes while they fall"

Keyul nodded in response to Pule's comment. "Though with the 'many legs' or the NMX as our Allies call them, best to kill them in space lest they take over your or your comrades." He answered. He saw the transit station ahead, "Looks like we are almost there. Once we get on the mag-lev, we'll be able to get to departures."

Pule grinned like a mad man "i'm so excited, this will be great" he looks at Keyul "and i have a friend, so it will make the flight better"

Ahead of Pule and Keyul was the transit station. From there it would be a short wait for a shuttle to take them across to where their ship awaited.

"True being late would be a bad start." He said entering the transit station. A mag-lev car was just arriving, it entered with just a whisper into the station. The doors slid open and a number of Pokuvonai exited the car. There were a few other Pokuvonai in the station and they filed into the car. Keyul approached the car and stepped in, "I can not wait to see the ship. I've been on a few ships during my apprenticeship, but never a brand new one." he said waiting for Pule to enter.

Pule nods and looks at him "i know what you mean" he jumps on the car and smiles "I'm really excited to get on the ship" he shrugs "even though i will wont really be called on doing my proper work on the ship , unless we have a guest".

"I'm sure you will be kept busy, I doubt the Tin-Ta'a is going to let valuable resources go unused." Keyul replied as the doors closed and the car accelerated into the passage ahead. A few minutes later the car arrived at the departures station. The doors slid open and Keyul stepped out he looked at the status display, looking to see where the next shuttle to the Clan Void Berth was embarking from. He looked back at his friend, "Next shuttle leaves in 10 minutes, it is a short walk from here to the bay."

Pule nods and looks around "that's good means we can get there quickly" he smiles and looks were the departing then turns to walk that why "lets get going"

RPG-D RPGfix
Back