Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: SSS Journeymen 3 [Mission 0] Overture

"Before I say anything else, I would like to apologize if I reminded you of anything upsetting. I figured that I might get to know my teammates and all but if I reminded you of anything saddening, again I apologize profusely." He said. "As for weapons, I would need weapons for CQB if we go inside a building or something like that so I figure a shotgun, a Westech. But as for everything else I have to take a look. The weapon that I use will be dictated by the situation."

He looked down at his PDA and put in a request for a Westech Trench Shotgun, a Styrling Tactical assault rifle, A type 28c/c NSP, and a Styrling longbolt sniper rifle. He also requested 10 boxes of STAR ammo, 10 boxes of 12 gauge shells, and 5 boxes of regular Longbolt ammo.
"So what do we do now?" Kage asked Kenshin.

Chikai smiled at Kage. "You have nothing to apologize for. Every day I am reminded of the events, just by the fact that I'm not there. Often when I wake up I, it takes a me a moment or two to remember that I'm not still there.

But it gets better with time. At least that is what they tell me. We should probably join the others and get our medical screening done."

---------------------------
A message appeared on Kage's datapad.
To: Minato Kage
Are you sure about this order? Perhaps you might want to double the rifles? Include a charger for the NSP? We have access to the Type 33 NSP.

Weapons
* 1 Westech Trench Shotgun
* 1 Styrling Tactical assault rifle
* 1 Type 28c/c NSP
* 1 Styrling Longbolt sniper rifle

Ammo
* 10 boxes of STAR ammo
* 10 boxes of 12 gauge shells
* 5 boxes of regular Longbolt ammo

He looked at his datapad before he responded to Kage. He typed his response to Sayuri.

To:Sayuri

Thanks for the heads up. I will change the order right now. The orders in red are the updated orders but if you have suggestions for weapons you can put it down for me if you would like to. Not sure if I should put more than what I got in here but any help would be appreciated by a rookie like me.

Weapons
* 1 Westech Trench Shotgun
* 2 Styrling Tactical assault rifles
* 1 Type 33 NSP
* 2 Styrling Longbolt Sniper rifles

Ammo
* 10 boxes of STAR ammo
* 10 boxes of 12 gauge shells
* 5 boxes of regular Longbolt ammo
*NSP Charger

He finished his message and then headed outside waiting for Chikai. "I just hope what we are going to do will help end the war. Noone should ever have to go through what you did." He said with a sigh. He went back in to the wardroom to grab another green tea and then headed toward the medical area.

Doctor did not seem to want to give Alice instructions so she just went ahead and started with the check-up. "Well then, let's head how are your lungs and that pump of yours doing." She said and walked to Sakura. She put the stethoscope on girls back and listened, occasionally saying to her to take a deep breath.

Medical Center

Edward watched Alice for a few minute, then with a chuckle said, "I think you and I will get along just fine Ms Mason." He motioned to all the sophisticated equipment. "All of this medical equipment, the drugs, the machines. They are just tools. The most important tools you have at your disposal however, are your mind and your gut.

I use all of these items in the performance of my duties. But I do not let them tell me what to do. Rather I use them to confirm a diagnosis, or help me identify symptoms."

He walked around behind Sakura. "You already have some of the right mindset. Establish a rapport with the patient and set their expectation. You asked our patient here if she was nervous. Which her body language clearly showed. But you failed to set an expectation. You should have followed up with something along the lines. There is nothing to worry about. Just a routine basic examination to establish a base line. It will only take a few minutes."

He walked over and picked up a small syringe. "Yikateme-San, I am going to take a sample of your blood. Its nothing to worry about, just a tiny stick."

Sakura gave a nod of the head, but didn't dare watch as she didn't like the sight of blood in the least. She instead focused her attention on Alice, to take her mind off the blood drawing, and pondered what to say or do while the girl was doing her job.

Edward proceeded to take his sample of Sakura's blood. "Go ahead and do a check of her reflexes and ocular responses." After that we just need to do a scan with the PMS and we can move on to the next patient."

------------------

Code:
To: Minato Kage

Requisition received, the Captain has approved your request. You will be able to check out those items from the Tensai's Armory and tranfer them to your Tenba.

-------------------

Chikai continued walking down the hallway of the ship until they arrived at the Medical Center. "Seems a bit silly for me to have to get a medical check. After all I just got upgraded to this body, so it should be up to specs. But, regulations are regulations even in a civilian organization." He said with a grin. "Besides, I am on good terms with at least one of the medics."

"Better to get the check over and done with. I was never a fan of check-ups myself." Kage said as he looked over his Datapad one last time. He sent a message to Sayuri

Thanks Sayuri. You are a great help to a newbie like me.

"Getting poked and prodded is not my idea of a good time but it is necessary." He said after he had sent the message. He wanted to get this over with and get his equipment secured in the Tenba as soon as possible.

Alice gave doctor a nod and picked up small hammer used to check patients reflexes. "Okay, I got my hammer of power +3," She joked grinning at Sakura. "Let's those reflexes of yours. Just relax." She said and proceeded with the check-up. Everything seemed fine. Why wouldn't be? Sakura had Yamataian body and she was young too.

"Okay girl, we are almost done here." Alice said, putting hammer of power away. "I will just looks in those beutiful eyes of yours and we are done with the hard stuff. Just one little scan afterwards and you are clear." Alice tried keeping the girl in good mood, like if this was nothing important. She picked up small flashlight. "Now trust me, this won't hurt one bit." Alice said and slowly got hold of Sakura's head and gently opening her eye wide. She then lighted the flashlight in and then putting it away again to check the reactions. When she was done she did the same with the other eye.

"Okay, you are fine." Young medic exclaimed when she was done. "Like I expected."

Sakura complied patiently as Alice did her work, she didn't like being examined though but knew it was standard operating. When Alice was done, Sakura gave her a weak smile. "Thank you," she said and started getting dressed.

Chikai looked around the medical bay and spotted Alice. He watched her performing an examination on one of the new trainees. He smiled as she went about her new duties, it made him feel good to see her doing something that she really wanted.

"Have a couple of more people needing Physicals here." He called out.

Edward stepped out of the room where Alice was finishing the examination of Sakura. "If one of you would go into Examination room two, I will be right with you." he said.

Chikai turned to Kage, "Why don't you go ahead. I can wait for Alice to do my checkup."

Alice prepared her stuff for next patient. She wiped clean all the instruments and prepared new syringe to take blood sample. She then turned around to see that there was already more people.

"Oh hello Kenshin!" Alice spoke out. "I will be right with, after I will examine Raquel. So Raquel-san..... step into my office." She said with smile, pointing with her hand at the examination room she just used for Sakura's check-up.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back