Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: YSS Miharu Mission 1 "REAR GUARD", Day 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leutre took a quick glance around the room and rotated through his sensors. No significant heat sources, no unusual energy signatures... Looks like nothing was in immediate danger of detonation. A good start.

He glanced at the overview on his suit. 32 AS-5a warheads. Those would be priority salvage, according to Masako. Gliding over to one of the torpedo racks containing AS-5a warheads he moved along the rack slowly, checking for damage to the torpedoes. No noticeable dents, punctures, and according to his sensors, nothing was leaking. Looks like Lady Luck was with him on this run.

He glanced over at the other racks and quickly looked them over. "Hey Mas, situation as follows: 32 units for priority salvage. Another 32, older models, that we can probably convert to the Miharu's launchers. All appear to be viable salvage, but I won't know until I inspect each individual torpedo." He paused and turned back towards the doorway. "Do you want to just do quick sweep and hauling now, or take things safe and slow?"

"I think speed is necessary at the moment, Veressis-Hei. No telling when we will run into trouble," Masako replied as she frowned under her helmet. "But...better deal with it the safe way. We don't currently have the manpower to deal with this the fast way, but once the survivors reach the ship we may be able to have their assistance as well as Claymere-Juni's aid with the transfer," Masako ordered as she walked into the room and crouched down.

Placing her drones on sentry mode, the young warrant officer eyed the surrounding area outside the storage bay with a cautious mind. "I'll keep watch."

After an uneventful but cautiously hasty exodus from the Yui everyone had been cleared and sterilized to ensure there was nothing brought back from the ship onto the Miharu. As Nyton checked over his Daisy's systems he began to address the others in his group.

"Saito-Hei please verify these two are medically cleared and fully mission capable. Also I want to ask you two if you could be able to provide us some assistance with our other team on a salvage mission to recover some torpedoes. We mostly just need more hands to help transfer them over. If you feel up to it we would appreciate the help. I'll be moving out myself to assist soon."

Asher put his rifle onto his back, and turned to Nyton.

"I'd gladly help to speed up this operation, these arms are more than just looks." He chuckled behind his helmet, it was true, he was a rather big brute.

"I prefer taking it slow, myself. Lady Luck favors the cautious. Or was it the bold? I can never remember which." Leutre mused to himself as he glided over to the torpedo racks. With a fluid motion he unlocked the holding mechanism and pulled it out of the rack. He inspected it slowly, running his hands over the surface as he worked. Satisfied, he flipped it over and did the same to the other side.

Once Leutre was certain the torpedo was safe for transport, he carefully released it and gave it a small push towards the far side of the room. As it drifted through the void, he released another torpedo from the rack and began the procedure once more. He worked quickly, and after a few moments there were several torpedoes freefloating throughout the room.

"They were both in environmental suits and didn't report any injuries, so they should be fine. I can give them a quick physical if you'd like to be sure, but otherwise it shouldn't be a problem to just leave it to their discretion." Miyoko paused, thinking. "I should probably give the entire crew brief exams and update their records shortly, so I can also make sure they don't have any long-term problems afterward."

"Alright then suit up in some Daisy Armors and we'll move together to assist Kurohoshi's team." Nyton told the two. "Bridge, this is Claymere. The two survivors have been secured and cleared. We're having them suit up in Daisy Armor to assist Kurohoshi with the salvage operation." he then reported up.

"Miharu, prepare two Daisy Armors for our two guests." Nyton said to the ship. "We'll move out as soon as you're ready."

Ichigo and Nimura both began working to outfit two other Daisy power armors to set it to the B variant, using the automated systems in the power armor bays to replace the armor covers, change the helmet unit, connect the additional power supply as well as the backpack-mounted gravimetric engine.

Before the minute was done, both units were ready with even their adapted rifles replaced. "Units ready and standing by," Ichigo reported.

Nyton watched them move and was impressed by their speed. He then turned to face the others. "Alright they're ready. Suit up." he said. He then looked to Miyoko. "Saito-Hei you don't need to join us if you have other duties to attend to but if you're not busy we could use an extra pair of hands."

Miyoko paused, thinking. It was very tempting to go take a look at the scrap that had been grabbed from the phasing fighters... but helping out the salvage operations was probably far more important at the moment. "I don't have any other orders, so I'm all yours unless the Chui's suddenly in need of a scientist or doctor."

"Chui, Taii Kotori didn't specifically ask for this... but wouldn't it be a good idea to also salvage the Yui's chibi-MEGAMI probes?" Mara asked. "She's gone to fire them all inside that null-sensor zone; having more to replace them wouldn't hurt and I think we've got enough space to cram them in."

Yukari looked to Mara, thought for a moment, then nodded. "It would be more efficient than waiting to have more constructed. Our two new crewmembers can take care of the probes, yes?"

Yukari blinked -- she hadn't really looked at Mara before. The ashen blond hair of the sprite had what amounted to a small drop of amber-colored oil streaking a lock of her hair. Or it looked like it.

It added something to the sprite's appearance ... one of earned smoothness. It was not how a sprite was supposed to look. Yukari giggled a little. "If you need to wash your hair, you can -- I will be fine here."

"I'd rather wait to have access to the baths on the main hull." Mara's fingertips found the offending spot in her hair and she rubbed over it irritably. The shiny amber-colored knot tying up some of the strands, once better exposed, looked more like a gummy, clotted substance. "I guess I earned that when I went to plug back the disconnected connections between the sensor relays and the MEGAMI."

The sprite froze a moment and then frowned. "Now that I think about it, while I thought it was oily gunk from an hemosynthetic tube which had been breached due to the torpedo's blast - that happens, just like a bruise can burst capillaries - it really can't be since there is actually no HSCS tubing around the sensor dome."

Nyton Claymere said:
"Alright they're ready. Suit up." he said.
Asher moved forward, claiming the Daisy that was his size. He was getting excited, he was finally getting to suit up into a power armor. He pulled off his AMES suit and began to suit up.

"I'm tellin' ya, I thought I'd never get in one of these outside of training." He chuckled, then looking to Ryszard, he grined.

"Have fun." He said, pointing to the other Daisy, knowing of Rys's lack of Power Armor affinity.

"Well, it seems that I'm sticking with you, Claymere-juni." Miyoko put the medkit away and grabbed a plasma rifle for herself. While they'd seen no sign of enemies on the first trip, better safe than sorry- particularly if there was a decent chance of Mishhu reinforcements arriving while they were away. "I'm ready to move out whenever."

Nyton listened to the bridge chatter over the radio. "Very well," he replied. "We'll see about adding a few chibi-MEGAMI probes to our salvage list. Remember we don't want to stay here too long before another wave of SMX arrive."

Once the other two suits had begun to prep, Nyton linked them up with his AIES. He continued to listen to Yukari and Mara talk when something caught his attention.

"Now that I think about it, while I thought it was oily gunk from an hemosynthetic tube which had been breached due to the torpedo's blast - that happens, just like a bruise can burst capillaries - it really can't be since there is actually no HSCS tubing around the sensor dome."

"Excuse me, did you say there was a foreign substance in the sensor dome?" Nyton asked to the bridge. A worry crossed through his mind and his expression darkened. "Chui, I don't like the sound of what Mara just said. We're going up to the bridge. Mara, I want Saito-Hei to do a scan on that substance you encountered and then I want you to show us where you encountered it originally." he said. Nyton then looked to the soldiers present. "Everyone, we're heading to the bridge. If my concerns are correct we may have something on board. Better to be safe than sorry. Lock and load." he said while he drew out his LASR.

Nyton then sent a comm over to Kurohoshi. "Kurohoshi, I hate to do this to you but we might have some uninvited guests over here. We're going to run a security sweep. Think you two can handle things on your own for a little while longer?"

"The medlab would be better for chemical analysis. I'll just need a small sample to work with, and I could get far more information about what it is with the equipment there. Might I suggest that you three look for the source while I analyze it? It could take several minutes, and if there's an intruder on board..." Miyoko trailed off, not bothering to illuminate the possibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back