• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 11.1] The Torchbearers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [Mission 11] The Torchbearers

Engineering

Satisfied that he completely snuffed the life out of the fires, he looked over to Kiko and simply nodded. "I think I can safely say that won't be burning anytime soon." He said in response to Takeyu's earlier question. "Anything you need help with?" Mikael asked, moving slowly towards the exit of Main Engineering.

Engineering

Takeyu removed his hand from his helmet, then looked around the engineering bay. He was impressed that the fires were taken out so quickly, and he nodded approvingly at that. "Nah, the fires are out so things should be fine here", he said and pushed off the wall and over to his station.

He knew what he should be doing, but he wanted to wait until Sune gave him confirmation. He already knew that if it was true, Layven would probably yell at him.

"There are fires elsewhere, so please take care of those for the time being, however, we should be entering fold-space shortly," he said to Mikael.

Shuttlebay

Some of the slavers gulped when they saw Sune take out their boss, they all looked at one another before a female with a missing eye walked up behind them. "If they wanted us dead, we'd be dead by now. They ain't going to kill us, so we be safe," she said and took her two hidden pistols and set them down on the seat along with a knife that she had hidden. The others followed suit. She then backed off and the other slavers did the same, most not wanting to cause any further trouble than had already been caused.

The slaves all looked on approvingly.

Everything floated for a second as the ship's internal gravity fluctuated and the ship walls sparkled teal. A humming built up through the ship, followed by a large Ka-CHAK! noise. Then everything returned to normal.

"This is the captain. We have arrived in the Veronica system. Prepare for condition five once we dock. Our arrival is unplanned so you will have to get together if and figure out what you want to do for accommodations and leisure on Chiharu Star Fortress. Contact me if you need any assistance. Also, prepare to offload guests into station custody.

With that announcement, Yaichiro taped hands and stripped people of weapons as quickly and efficiently as possible. He was careful not to cause harm and to be non-hostile about it, though everyone knew by now that they'd be stunned if they failed to comply.

"The star fortress we're docking with will be able to easily help with the remaining infected, and allow us to figure out who goes where. Please be patient, and we appreciate your cooperation...ah, this girl's shoulder wound won't let me tie her hands without risk of more strain...please just keep an eye on and observe her..." He said, referring to Layven.

Gunfire, parasites, prisoners, slavers, slaves... it was a busy time for Helen as she went about processing the individuals. Though, she did smile as she worked. It seemed that the Star Army and SAINT had done well in Manabu's basic training. For the moment, she was pleased with the newbie, and was glad for someone reliable being on the ship, wearing the same panels as her.

After evaluating the prisoners and survivors which were bound as prisoners, Helen left small tags taped onto each of their foreheads after giving each one a full examination for parasites. Each tag simply read; "Clean" or "Parasite"... obviously matched to those which each tag was appropriate for, it made processing the prisoners all the easier in regard to who to keep an eye on.

With her work done, Helen opened an outbound communication line, sending a message to her home away from home. It was a simple message to the YC-28 to have a shuttle dispatched to deliver a new batch of Kylie and Kylie parts. It was a shame, the damned things didn't grow on trees and losing them to such a situation made the matter all the more bitter. When Helen was done with the message, she was left simply waiting for the ship to dock. As she waited, she planned on tasks to carry out for the Eucharis' benefit, and for her ongoing SAINT given assignment. Though... she did know she was going to make time for shopping, she had a Chusa's paycheck to burn through.

Once he was sure that the central living sections of the ship were mostly undamaged, Michael found that with the armor bay gone, he had nowhere to place his Hikael, so he returned to his quarters, exiting his armor and leaving it off to his side. Exiting, he stretched, and extended his wings out as far as they would go to get some blood flowing through them. Upon hearing the Taisa's announcement, he realized that a lone elysian walking through Chiharu Star Fortress might lead to a few problems. Still, there were a few things that he would have to do first, and that actually involved receiving a package that his mother had sent him. A cooking book, to be exact.

Say what you will about Elysians, but one of the stereotypes about them that was entirely true was that they all loved their mothers. Before shipping out from Novus Elysia to the Eucharis, Michael had taken some time off. Whilst some soldiers would've spent it with cheap drink and loose women, he had spent most of the time with his family- including his brother Gavril who had taken a break from his job with Origin Industries. The twins were both veteran soldiers, and they had both initially joined the Elysian Celestial Navy to protect their mother, who had been left wingless during the Yamataian occupation of Elysia in YE 23, as a result of fighting between insurgent and occupation forces. Though he blamed the Yamataian Star Empire for his mother's injuries at the time, The Empire had changed for the better now, and Michael had matured as a man.

So, smiling, he decided to accept the Taisa's offer.

"Taisa Hanako, I am expecting to receive a package from my mother at one of the station's post officers, a cook book filled with Elysian recipes. If it would not be too much trouble, I would like to bring along the ship's chefs to assist me in obtaining some needed ingredients. I would also like to extend an invitation to any of the crew who would wish to come along, Ma'am."

Engineering

"Roger." Mikael said as he hefted the extinguisher over his left shoulder before he fully left Engineering. He looked over the usual spots for fires such as the ward room, medical, and the power armor bay. But all he found were charred remains far from the former glorious selves. His jaw dropped when he saw what was once the Power Armor Bay.

"At least I don't have finish repairs on that suit" he said slightly out loud as he shrugged. He was making his way to check the Ward Room, he felt the all to familiar sensation of a fold. He looked up at the intercom when he was done feeling slightly sick from the fold, something that hasn't happened since he experienced his first fold years ago.

He went back to Engineering to see if Kiko was still there.

Telemachus

Sune was glad to hear that they were at a facility where the injured would be tended to, and hopefully the infected could be treated. As for the slavers he just wanted them to face justice. Although how do you get justice for taking years away from a person? He focused on the present, it was simpler.

He looked at Layven, "Now that we are at the Star Fortress, it will be simple to arrange for you and Nayacesen-Heisho to get together. I am sure that the two of you have much to talk about."

--------------------------------------
YSS Yamato

Sorano was in the middle of composing a report on the current status of the 2XF when she received word that the Eucharis and Task Force Torch had returned.

Back so soon, that can not bode well. she thought. She sent a mental command to Onkei, the Flagship's AI. "Show me the task force and their current status."

"Immediately Taisho," came the AI's lilting voice. On the volumetric window a small group of ships appeared, as the image zoomed and focused eight starships could be seen. Everyone of them showing extensive damage. In the back of the group Sorano could see the Aegir drifting, and a number of Kainushi heading towards it.

"Onkei, where is the rest of the Task Force? Where is the YSS Chitose?"

"There are no other vessels inbound. Querying the Aegir. The other twenty-eight vessels were destroy while they were exploring the Mitsuya System. According the log of the Aegir, the Task Force had no warning of the approaching NMX forces."

Sorano did a brief mental calculation, of the number lost aboard the destroyed vessels, and more importantly the ships themselves and what they represented.

"Onkei, I want a priority channel to Yamatai made available. I want to send a message to Command." Sorano said.

More Kainushi-class tugs came to the Eucharis and guided the battered gunship into a small internal repair bay. In minutes, the Hanako had the ship resting on its landing gear and the port side dock connected to the station by a ramp. Fresh air began to fill the repair bay.

At the top of the gangway, base personnel had set up a security checkpoint with parasite scanners and ID verification.

- - -

Bridge

When the pressure was fine, Hanako removed her helmet and took in a deep breath of it. Next she went to help bring Blackberry out for medical treatment.

Shuttlebay

Layven beamed as she rested her head on the boy's shoulder. "See? Told ya," he rasped and she just smiled. The tears still present in her face, she had to wonder what he looked like now that two years have pretty much passed. Will I recognize him still? she shook her head, and her only desire was to meet him.

Engineering

"At least things are stable at the moment," Takeyu let out a sigh of relief as he monitored his station's display and kept an eye on the scrolling status information from the main reactor, power systems, and fold-drive.

He glanced up at the ceiling, then over at Cherry, before turning his attention back to the display. I'll be busy for awhile, I also need to talk to the Chusa and see if his offer for her to stay at his Mansion is still there. Got a lot of plans I need to make, business to attend, he shook his head and kept his attention on the display.

When he heard the sound of the ship coming to a rest, he let out a fresh sigh of relief, glad we got back safely.

Finished patching up the cargo elevator so that it could be used again, Kumiko dusted her armor's palms off (however useless that action may be). That business finished, she used the ships sensors once more to teleport into the engineering bay this time, being careful to avoid damaging anything or harming anyone. Once there she checked to make sure she still had charge left in her capacitor before turning back to Takeyu. "Takeyu-san, how are things going in here? Are we good to go?"

A Daisy came in, holding bundle of electronics in its arms. "I have the latest load, Nayacesen-Nitô Heisho," Kiko said calmly, managing to bow with the unwieldy weight in her arms by bending her knees to lower her center of gravity. One of the capacitors he'd asked for had the insulators attached to it by wrapping the wire around them.

Engineering

Takeyu was halfway done checking the status of the capacitor room when there was a sudden blinding flash of light near him, followed seconds later by the feeling of something burning on his body and his eyesight going black but followed by a loud 'bang' he was also promptly pushed back into a set of electronics which sparked and sputtered.

His hearing rung and he had to feel for some form of a handhold and found the doorframe to help support him. His skin burned, even through his AMES. After a few moments, his eyesight returning to normal, his eyes fell upon the one who teleported into the room and he couldn't believe who it was. He had really wished it was one of the newbie’s, at least it would make sense for them to probably not know the rules and regulation.

"Ughs, damn it what the hell were you THINKING teleporting into the engineering room like that? You could've got either Cherry-heisho or me killed!" he shouted at Endoh-Heisho, his mood wasn't at all peaceful right now, but then again, he could've been killed.

He shook his head, allowing his senses to return to normal, though he knew he'd probably have to pay the infirmary a visit. When he saw Kiko enter, he couldn't really address her.

"Kiko-hei? Sorry but can you just put the stuff in the capacitor room please and please leave the Engineering room for the time being," he said through encrypted telepathy. Then turned his attention back to Endoh-hei.

"You know that we can't use power armor onboard the ship unless it's an emergency, while the ship being holed and damaged the way it was might've been considered an emergency. Teleporting into the engineering room wasn't needed!" he ripped his helmet off and was forced to do something he really didn't 'want' to do: he sent a message to the Taisa, alerting her to what just happened.

Engineering Bay

Kiko nodded and set the electronics down next to the door in the capacitor room. She heard the lecture about irresponsible use of power armor on her way out and walked faster so that her presence wouldn't undermine Takeyu's point. "Harris-Santô Hei, would you join me and help patch up the hull?" she sent.

Hanako was helping Blackberry across the gangway toward the base checkpoint when she got the message. She replied quickly to Endoh.

"Kumiko-Heisho, the teleporter is dangerous technology and should never be used when not needed. Furthermore, power armor is also dangerous not to be worn inside the ship because it can give off high levels scalar radiation and other energies that will damage the ship's interior. This is explicitly stated in the ship's rules. I am disappointed that a non-commissioned officer would make such a brash and thoughtless error. Please ensure it does not happen again."

Engineering

The atmosphere was awkward, at least to Takeyu. It had been nearly two years since he had last yelled at anyone, and it just didn't feel right to him, but then again it was probably because it involved one of his fellow techs and that just added to his discomfort. Though deep down in the back of his mind he wondered if he had over-reacted.

He had to step away, get his mind off what happened and thus went into the capacitor bay. He knelt down beside one of the damaged capacitors, and surveyed the damage with a nod of his head.

Then he got right to work, but as he finished assessing the damage he let out a sigh.

Code:
Kiko-hei? Apologies for throwing you out of Engineering like that. However, I do need your assistance a little bit further. If you can, can you head to the cargobay and get me a coil of wire please? With all of the damage we sustained, it's possible the crate this wire is in was tossed around so you 'might' have to hunt for it

Hallway outside Engineering
Kiko climbed out of the Daisy again, not wanting to irradiate the ship any more than necessary. "Acknowledged, sir. Also, I believe that I understand your reasons for expelling me from the bay; no apology is necessary," she sent back as she strode to the cargo bay.

Cargo Bay

Kiko arrived and looked for the crate containing the wire that Takeyu had been referring to.

Sune assisted in overseeing the transfer of the rescued personnel, and promised Layven that he would check in on her, and make sure that her brother came to see her at the earliest convenience. Once the last of the infected had been transported, he stood over by the wall of the Shuttle bay and opened his armor. The air aboard the Eucharis had an acrid taste to it, which matched his mood as well. Twenty-eight ships destroyed, our own ship crippled. What did we achieve, we saved a few people, and some of them hardly worth saving. But what exactly did the Task Force accomplish, not a damn thing. We did not learn anything significant. We learned that the NMX blasted the colony of Mitsuya from existence. We never made contact with the UOC. I would say this mission was a resounding failure. He thought.

He instructed his suites AIES to upload all of its mission data to Charisma. Then set out to make his way to quarters to get some clean clothes to wear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back