• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 12.2] Interception

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Do not bother coming back, then!" Hanako sent the impatient and insubordinate Elysian.

Hanako angrily looked at the open ramp as she entered the cargo bay. After loading several kits (prisoner handling, survival, medical, etc) into the back of the troll tank, she climbed inside and turned on its systems.

"Who is riding? I can take two more tank crew," Hanako said. "Everyone else should use armor. "Note that we have air support from the rest of the Second Squadron," she added, looking at the concerned intelligence officer.

Meanwhile, the TASHA exited the ship in a giant leap through the rear door, landing in midair via anti-gravity mere just inches above the ice and snow outside. It then peeked over the edge of the canyontop.

Yaichiro sent a message to Hanako, even as he worked to repair the Eucharis and do what he could from his station.

Taisa, the current alert status requires that a technician or engineer stay in Engineering, and that means given the damage to the ship we need two to stay aboard to get much repair work done. I would like Cherry and myself to stay aboard if possible to try and manage these repairs. Eucharis was never properly repaired at a facility from our UOC encounter after being patched up on site, and I fear that this is starting to stack with the new damage.

"I will be working on repairs too, with your permission," Blueberry sent to Hanako and Sune.

"Very well, Mr. Yaichiro," Hanako sent back to Toshiro and Blueberry.

Meanwhile, some of the sprites had offered to help run the tank. Lime and Mango crawled inside the vehicle.

Pineapple, meanwhile, went to the shuttlebay to man the shuttle for any medevacs and recon needed.

Ramiro bowed at the Taisa as she left, he could tell she was quite upset and angry at the moment and he figured it was best for him to shut his mouth. He jogged down to the cargo bay, making quick work of the Zero-Gravity passageway, and trying to avoid any hazardous-looking areas along the way. Once there he hopped in the tank with the Taisa and sat down at one of the stations.

"I'm better behind a computer than I am with a gun anyways. By the way, before we left the bridge I noticed that the computers showed the Papadopoulos-Hei had already left the ship and was at least 50 meters away from the ship, and he was airborne. Although, judging by your current facial expression, I'm going to assume that you already knew that..."

Takeyu backed off a bit toward the tank but kept his eyes on the horizon. He deployed a third drone from his shoulder pad and ordered it to fly high up. "Third drone is dedicated to the tank, it'll alert you to possible hostiles nearby and help coordinate long range fire," said Takeyu to Ramiro and the sprites but also the Taisa though he honestly didn't need to tell her anything.

He then looked in the direction that the Elysian went. His HUD made note of the direction, and though he wanted to go after the soldier, he would be derelict in his duty. Idiot doesn't realize just how bad of an example he is setting for the other Elysian we have on the crew, he shook his head in disappointment and then took up a position back down the ramp and survayed the area for hostiles.

His fourth and final drone he was keeping in reserve, the images being piped back to him from all three drones were coming up as three seperate display windows on his HUD.

Armundo's brows rose as the orders came over the intercom. They were going into combat again..on the ground ? Armundo smiled " Alright ! Combat. Maybe I can finally get to test out this baby ." he said, patting the knife sheath strapped to his leg " I can't fit in a armor suit though. I guess I'll have to walk, right Tachihara-san." he said, "Tachihara-san ?" he repeated, looking over his shoulder to see the SAINT bolting down the hall "O-Oi, Tachihara-San ! Wait for me !" he called, running down the hall after her " Damn, these folks're more skittish then a long tailed cat in a room full a' rockin' chairs ." he said in his rustic native Nepleslian.

He ran into the armor bay, pausing for a second to catch his breath. He had managed to squeeze himself into some body armor and had a assault rifle and extra grenades and ammo strapped to his waist, aloung with his secondary and knife. Everyone was pulling out into the snow, again, leaving him two steps behind. Armundo gave a tired, slightly exasperated sigh before running after the tank " Oi, wait up a second ! he called, leaping onto the back of the small tank with a grunt, causing the veichle to wobble slightly as he pulled himself up to kneel on the side, not far from the gun, his gun resting in his lap.

He pulled out his communicator and sent a brief message to the Taisa

"Sorry about that jostle, Taisa. It's just the cook out here. You guys sure know how to pack a lot of fun in one day ." he said, sending the message before leaning his head over to look into the machine gun viewfinder, wiping a bit of snow from the lens and giving a thumbs up to whoever was looking inside before moving out of the way.

Away Team continued in Mission 12.3 (with minor time skip).

"Alright. Cherry, Blueberry, I need you to help get the CFS up and running as best we can, then we'll work on power, weapons, and hull patching. Blackberry, are you awake and at station after that ride? Regulations require that somebody stays on the Bridge and in Engineering the whole time, and we need someone up there on the bridge keeping an eye on sensors and flying the ship should we get a call for an emergency pickup.

I'll ascertain the damage and coordinate the repair effort from here unless I'm needed on the bridge. Blueberry, it won't happen yet, but I may need you to quickly rush to serve in a medical capacity if necessary when the others board."

With that, Yaichiro resumed his efforts to get the ship's systems as operational as possible from where he was. The rules of having the Bridge and Engineering manned in most cases were understandable, but restricting to the officer -- especially when most personnel were allocated to the Away Team for combat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back