• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 12.4] Warm and Wet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wardroom
"Trying out the hot springs sounds quite enjoyable. If I can, I'm also planning on exploring some of the other opportunities that Yamatai provides -- I've never actually been on the planet before because I was created off-world. Having also spent most of my life in basic training and Star Army Intelligence indoctrination, I'm really looking forward to a little change in scenery." Reika told the others excitedly, pushing away her now empty plate towards the center of the table.

"If you don't mind my asking, do the rest of you have any plans on how you're going to spend your free time until the Eucharis is space-worthy once again?" The operative glanced at each of the other crew members in turn, awaiting a response.

Wardroom

"Yes, I will order some new automated medical stations...although I always found it problematic that there are so many different models instead of a single bed that does everything. It leaves the question of what is a good ratio for the unpredictable situations we may encounter. Additionally, our small medical lab is not suited to adding an army of tables," Hanako replied to Sune.

Shôshô Hanako nodded in agreement as Sune offered Ramiro a seat, smiling at his comments.

She turned to Reika. "I was planning on visiting the palace. Taisho Yui is off on a mission, but it is a familiar place for me...it was once my home. I was also thinking of doing some shopping for clothing since most of mine was destroyed with my suite in ship combat."

Wardroom

Sune thought about what Hanako was talking about doing. He recalled the first time he spent any real time with Hanako. It was a shopping trip to buy things for New Years. He especially had fond memories of the black dress that she chose. The mention of the palace was just another reminder to him of the gulf that stood between them.

"I am sure it will be nice for you to visit your old home. Surely there will be some people there you know even with the Taisho being away." He said.

"I would not mind doing some shopping, I have plenty of clothes but I would like to see about finding some items to personalize my new cabin."

Takeyu gave a slight shake of the head and turned his attention to Ramiro and the others. "You were just leaving when I arrived if my memory is correct," he then glanced toward the kitchen before hearing Reikas question.

He waited a moment in thought and glanced at the few messages he had from his younger sister. "Well, I'll probably head to a fencing area after the hot springs to practice a bit. Then, I'll visit my younger sister to see how she is doing."

Though Layven really wants to meet Hanako pretty badly from the last few messages she's sent. Thankfully, it does seem like she's recovering from her ordeal pretty quickly and her hemophobia doesn't seem to be acting up, the councilor said that she injured herself at school a few days ago but she didn't faint or freak out when she saw the blood. He sat there in thought.

Wardroom

"I am going to go get ready," Hanako said, grabbing a nearby phone and dialing the intercom; "Everyone going, please meet up in 20 minutes in the cargo bay." She then returned to her suite and stripped out of her exercise uniform, took a shower, did her hair a bit, and then got her Type 30A duty uniform on, followed by her black service dress coat and hat.

Cargo Bay

Hanako watched as a local charter bus pulled up near the ship. While she waited for the rest of the crew she double-checked her backpack's contents and then went to see the driver for a moment before returning to the cargo bay. Victory and Blackberry were staying behind. Cherry, Pineapple, Blueberry, Lime, and Mango were going and sat themselves on the idling bus.

Wardroom

Having finished his meal Sune stood up, "Just remember if you decide to go out after the hot springs, you need to be armed and travel in at least pairs.

Now if you will excuse me I need to go pack up my possessions so I can move them later." He then picked up his tray and took it over to the scullery and separated the items on it properly.

Cabin 5
He then left the wardroom and made his way down to Cabin 5. It did not take him very long to pack most of his possessions into his duffel bag. He then consulted with Charisma as to what Hanako was wearing. So he quickly changed from his civilian attire to his Type 30 uniform. He then packed a few essential toiletries into a small bag. Slinging the bag over his shoulder he made his way to the Cargo bay.

Cargo Bay
He walked into the cargo bay to see Hanako walking up the ramp. "This should prove to be an interesting experience Shôshô. I am familiar with the tradition of Onsen but have not had much opportunity to experience it."

Takeyu didn't respond to Sune's warning, instead he just gave a light nod of the head before getting up and leaving for his cabin.

Cabin 3

He walked inside and changed out of his working uniform, setting it aside to be cleaned later before putting on a duty uniform. Glancing about the cabin curiously before grabing the picture frame that was on the desk, he smiled at it, then put it back down before heading out of the cabin in a clean uniform.

Cargo Bay

When he got to the cargobay he spotted Sune and Hanako and smiled partly before walking toward the two. "First time I'll be at a hot springs," he commented as he looked out at the weather.

Helen's Quarters

With the conclusion of her talk with Hanako, Helen had returned to her quarters to go about truly starting her day as she changed out of the attire she wore through the night, and went about putting on a set of civilian clothes which seemed suitable to the local weather. As she pulled clothes out of the bags she had packed in preparation for her departure, she brooded a bit on the conversation which was had.

Brooding, it was a rather questionable pursuit in such a situation, as she let her mind work over her feelings, and the facts of the situation, though, it was not the NMX situation which was in the spotlight of her mind. A promotion? She thought semi-bitterly, but mostly in confusion. How... I can't even begin to make sense of her career. She is one step from Taisho now, a rank which is practically revered as something only the most eldest of Nekovalkryja hold. Irim, Yui, Chen what makes Hanako stack up to them? What is it? Her time as a slave, her service record, or is it her favor by her crews over the years? she scowled lightly as she actually reviewed service history. There was certainly nothing special to be noted, but surely enough, there was a promotion. Honestly, this makes no sense, in my time I have seen so many sacrifices, so many Nekovalkryja that marched into battle just as often, many which were easily as competent or more so than her. Not just Nekovalkryja, but Geshrin, Nepleslians, and Elysians as well. Favoritism, it has to be... though... Yui does not seem the sort for that. A sigh left Helen's lips as she shook her head. Was it just jealousy? Doubtful, there was just too much history involved, history which she was even there for.

Helen took several steadying breaths, it was just unprofessional opinions and feelings getting in the way of what simply was the fact of the matter; Hanako had simply served long enough, bled enough, and threw herself into combat enough to get a promotion out of sheer tenacity during wartime against an enemy which showed no signs of slowing down. Though, she had to ask, what would the fresh new Shosho do with her rank, and how many people would serve as the new outlet for her tenacious behavior? Helen knew one thing for sure, she was not staying anywhere within the service where Hanako's orders were likely to reach her, that much was for certain.

By the time she was done brooding, Helen had dressed herself in a pair of black slacks, a black vest, a white blouse, and a black tie. Throwing her bomber jacket on, and grasping a small bag, she stepped out of her quarters after giving one more glance back, and sending along a message to have her things picked up and delivered to her quarters which she had kept at the Kyoto Starport barracks, along with an order to have her equipment and supplies which she had brought aboard delivered to storage at the starport as well. With those issues handled, including the issues within her own self, she left her quarters behind.

Cargo Bay

Upon her arrival, Helen looked out of the rear ramp, and smiled a soft smile. "I hope I did not keep anyone waiting?" She spoke, observing the group of Nekovalkryja which had already boarded the bus, though, she knew well enough that she was on-time. "Mmm, it has been some time since I've seen Kyoto, I wonder if anything has changed." she mused out loud as she stepped over to Hanako and the others. "Genuine R&R, it almost seems like a dream."

Wardroom

Reika nodded softly to Sune's instructions, before proceeding to stand and take her dirty plate, glass and utensils to the scullery to be washed.

Cabin Six

Once she'd finished within the wardroom, the neko soldier headed for her quarters and picked out her clothes -- not yet owning any civilian attire, she selected her Type 30 duty uniform and Service Dress uniform. The dress coat would prove useful if it rained like the weather forecast had suggested it might. Reika also made sure her service pistol and the other equipment she generally carried was inside her belt, before she placed the rest of her belongings in the duffel bag and headed for the cargo bay.

Cargo Bay

Once Reika arrived, she saw most of the other crew already assembled -- including she was slightly surprised to see, Helen Klein. "After our trip to the onsen, I think Ill do some shopping myself to expand my wardrobe a bit -- wearing something other than a uniform all the time would be a nice change."

YSS Eucharis Cargo Bay

Once all the onsen-goers were assembled, Hanako led the way through the light rain to the charter bus and climbed its big steps into the plush interior. There were two rows of seats on the bus's and three seats on the other side. The seats weer made out of a thick, bouncy foam with a gray fabric cover. Each had a small air-conditioner nozzle and reading light above it, as well as a cupholder and fold-down tray. There were overhead storage bins overhead for small bags, while bigger bags would go beneath the floor in the bus's cargo areas. Hanako put her backpack in the overhead bin and took one of the two seats behind the driver.

"All aboard!"

Sune followed Hanako to the bus. He was first struck by the size of it, larger than any bus he had been on before. He ascended the stairs and looked at the interior. Until this moment, the only buses Sune had been on were mass transit, this was positively opulent.

He took a seat two rows back on the left as he walked down the aisle. He put his bag in the storage above the seat. He then settled down into the chair and pulled out his ICP. He connected to the network and located a local music station with a streaming channel. He started the stream and listened to the music.

Takeyu gave a long look at the insides of the bus, he was rather impressed, considering the last time he had been on a bus was just before he left basic.

"Very nice," he explained with a folded arm over his chest. After admiring the insides for a few, he headed close to where Sune was and sat a few seats in front of him and relaxed a moment. The rain outside, constant as it was, was bringing with it a calming sensation to Takeyu.

Michael had apparently finished his novel in the last 20 minutes, and had switched over to another book, this time an engineering textbook. Having brought both the textbook and a change of clothes, he had a bag slung over his shoulders, and was engrossed in his book. Still, the Elysian did whistle when he saw the interior of the bus, following Takeyu on board.

"O'course its nice, Takeyu. Do you really think that a Ketsurui princess would cut her mostly loyal crew short when it comes to luxury?" Michael grinned at Takeyu, patting him affectionately on the shoulder as he went past him to sit at the seat behind and across the aisle from him.

"Still, I do think it might be a little bit to impress Sune." Michael whispered to the newly minted chief engineer. "I can see why she'd find him attractive, certainly. It's the personality, is what I'm thinking."

"Honestly, I'm surprised at how attractive all the Neko are onboard this ship. I mean sure, they may leave a bit to be desired in the chest department (With the exception of Reika and Helen), but that's not really a big thing. I mean, Nekos naturally have smooth, slim bodies, and that is actually attractive in an exotic sort of way. Now, Reika on the other hand, she has that toned and muscled tough girl look that you see often on Nepleslian women, and other," Michael coughed, "noticeable assets. When you combine this with the already there exoticism of the Nekovalkyrja, I'd say that she's well formed woman. Of course, I can't say much for her personality, not having talked to her much. Now, Blueberry-Chui, she's a little more curvier than the average neko, but not to the extent of Helen or Reika, of course. She seems nice, to, and she does have a cute blush that shows up through all that makeup she uses..." Michael trailed off there, giving Takeyu a chance to talk.

Ever the passive listener, Helen caught wind of Michael's talk as she boarded the bus, and could not help but to quirk her brow at the sheer sum of hot air which the Elysian was bellowing. Deciding to avoid any sort of squabble, Helen would find her place at the far back of the bus, where she sat sideways, placing her legs upon the seat, and leaning her back against the interior wall of the bus, after putting her bag in the overhead bin. Once seated, Helen closed her eyes and let her mind rest for a bit.

After depositing her duffel bag in the storage compartment, Reika claimed one of the window seats close to the front of the bus and watched the faint drizzle outside impact upon the transparent window glass and slide down out of view. For a few moments she watched as Star Army technicians and personnel moved about the Eucharis in the attempt to make her mission-ready once more.

The young operatives ears twitched and her vision focused upon the Elysian Michael when she peripherally overheard his whispered comments about herself to Takeyu -- not too surprising with her heightened neko sense of hearing. She frowned slightly at the Elysians rather... colorful... assessment of her appearance and physical attributes, but rather than blow up over what could be perceived as some rather rude comments, Reika chose to overlook and try to ignore him. She was however, curious as to how Takeyu would respond.

Eventually the bus got moving, taking them away from their battered gunship and across the huge swathes of flat rain-wet concrete. As the bus moved, the windows afforded them a view of various other starships, mostly light cargo ships and dropships, parked on the tarmac with forklifts, cargo trucks, and container handlers moving about. In the distance they could also see a squadron of "Ginga" bombers landing on a runway.

As they grew closer to the edge of the landing area they passed right next to a giant lot of parked shuttles, some of which looked really heavily used. A lot of them were older T4 Fox models left over from starships that had long-since been decommissioned. There were also T7 Raccoons and T8 Kumas along with a scattering of various other models. It was interesting to see all the ship markings on all the non-local ones.

Next, the bus passed through the base, where they could see hundreds of other soldiers walking around on the base in their black coats, including a lot of unranked trainees stationed there for initial duty. As they passed by an embroidery and alternations shop, Hanako reminded herself to have her uniforms updated. On the way out of the base, they had to pass through a large scanner arch that looked for parasites.

Soon the bus was in the city, makings its way through the traffic.

Hanako looked back at the crew. She saw a lot of people caught up in their own worlds and not really speaking to each other, which kind of defeated the purpose of their trip. It bugged her and she sighed.

Eventually they came to a large high-walled building made out of white stone, with an entrance made of huge bamboo poles. A sign on it read "Kyoto no Hoshiguntai Ichiban Onsen" (Kyoto's Star Army #1 Hot Spring) in Yamataian kanji. A smaller sign read "reserved for private use today." It wasn't the exclusive Ketsurui Samurai onsen but it was a decent-looking place...and the only one Hanako had been able to book exclusively.

The bus rolled to a stop with a pnuematic hiss and Hanako stood up. "Everyone going to the onsen, please take your things and come with me. For those that do not wish to go, the bus will drop you off in the shopping district, where we will be going later."

With that, Hanako got off the bus and went to check in.

During the drive, Takeyu thought long and hard on how to respond to Micheals comments. He wasn't the type to comment on how a person looked, since if you weren't careful you could very easily insult someone by accident even when you didn't intend for it that way.

"You have an interesting way of describing our crew," he finally said as he watched the surroundings pass by. "However, it isn't wise to comment on a person's appearence in such a manner," he gave the Elysian a knowing look, showing that he had in fact at some point in his life did the same thing and it hadn't gone well at all.

When they arrived at the onsen, he glanced at it's magnificent features and nodded approvingly before getting up from his seat. "Though I will say this, I am grateful to have a kind and compassinate superior, it makes fighting this war a lot less stressful."

The Elysian responded with bellowing laughter to Takeyu, reaching across the aisle to slap his back.

"Hahahaha, Perhaps it will cause problems my friend, but I will face them like I face all my problems: head on! People should be proud that I take notice and compliment them for their features, after all flattery is good for the body and soul!" Michael had a wide grin plastered on his face, and as they began to file off the bus, he reached into his bag, pulled out a six liter bottle of something to make sure that it was okay, and placed it back inside. Following behind Takeyu as they climbed off the bus, he laughed at his comment about Hanako.

"Hah! Easy, yes! Being on a climate controlled star vessel is much easier than having to slog through and live in the dirt and mud during a ground campaign, but it isn't quite as fun either!"

Sune switched the ICP off and gathered his possession. He had wanted to speak to Takeyu to inquire about his sister but the duration of the trip was made with the Elysian speaking of the Nekovalkyrja in a degrading manner to his way of thinking.

Once he stepped off the bus he approached Michael from behind and as he passed him on the side he turned and stopped the Elysian with his arm.

"Papadopoulos-Hei, while you have a right to your opinions when it comes to the Nekovalkyrja or any of members of the crew. Keep your crude and lewd attitudes to yourself, or speak them when you are in private. You are a soldier and are expected to behave in a manner above that of a adolescent. Perhaps you have forgotten this portion of the Creed. 'I am a dignified professional – I will act in a manner that reflects well on the Star Army.' Several of the Nekovalkyrja walked past you during your discussion.

If you find that you can can not behave in a more mature manner, then perhaps you should rethink coming into the Onsen."

He then turned and resumed walking towards the Onsen, "Nayacesen-Juni, I was wondering how your sister Layven-San is doing?" he asked as he caught up with Takeyu.

Takeyu watched the exchange between Sune and Micheal, then once the officer was done he watched him for a moment and then responded to his question.

"She's doing rather well according to her councilor, he talks to her everyday after school and sometimes during the night when she has nightmares. Her classmates at school seem to be helping her out as well, which I'm happy for, it means that she has support there as well."

"Though it seems she is still dealing with her hemophobia, she got injured a few days ago and was able to keep her composure but according to the councilor she still gets nervous when seeing blood from others." Takeyu let out a sigh and glanced up at the archway before continuing toward the Onsen. Though Layven wants to meet the Shosho really badly, maybe after the Onsen I can ask Ketsurui-sama if she'd be interested in joining me, I think I'll also ask Rieka-san as well, perhaps Sune-san may be interested to... perhaps even Micheal-hei, heck, that's most of the crew now that I think about it... he rubbed the bridge of his nose in thought. I'll think about that during relaxation

"I do plan on paying her a visit later today though," commented Takeyu for a moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…