• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 14.2] The Battle of Yamatai

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Yes sir." Koga started to head in the direction of Cherry, but changed her course when she heard the correction. She didn't mind it. Sudden changes to orders were to be expected during emergencies. "Understood." She ran to the vehicle bay and looked around for a generator. Having found one she lugged it to the east side of the room and searched for the ports. A short while later it was hooked up. "It's hooked up."

Bridge
Sune's frustrating with the situation was growing. Damn it, the Eucharis is getting chewed up faster than we can react, or do anything about it. he thought when his attempts to use the graviton projector failed.

He reviewed the ship's inventory for anything useful, briefly thought about jettisoning the troll tank. They had limited resources aft, so what could he use, he needed something large enough to take some of the heat off them.

"Shôshô, I have an idea, I am going to take the port positron cannon offline. I am going to have it generate a charge, and instead of firing it, I plan on overriding the system and engage the failsafe to eject the charge. The magnetic field will hold for a few seconds, but it will fall behind us. When the field collapses it will detonate. Should take some of those damned NMX off our tail." His hands flew across the console sending the series of commands he needed. Once he was ready, he turned back to Hanako.

"Ready to release on your command Shôshô."

"What about ejecting all our antimatter in a spray pattern?" Hanako suggested.

Bridge

"I could do that, but I did not want to disable both cannons. I will make the necessary adjustments." Sune replied his fingers flying to keep up with his thoughts. He reprogrammed the system to start charging then discharge when the charge was only one quarter of a normal change. He set it to repeat until the fuel supply was exhausted.

"This might get a bit bumpy, no guidance these will detonate when they either hit something or their field collapses." Sune said, and hit the collision warning klaxon as he pressed the activate command, a moment later a series of small glowing spheres spewed out from the cannons alternating between the left and right vents creating a field of floating orbs.

Explosions blossomed behind the beat-up gunship as the pursuing pods slammed into the globs of anti-matter spraying from its pylons. They were able to temporarily escape the swarm and found themselves back in the crowd of NMX ships that were fighting for their lives against the crumbling defense. It was obvious the NMX numbers were dropping fast. Right and left of the Eucharis NMX ships were being reduced to drifting, burning hulks.

With her CFS bubble flickering back to life, the ship hurtled into orbit where the defense fleets were now positioned. They could see millions of objects plummeting to the surface: damaged ships and their pieces, escape pods, enemy and friendly troop shuttles and other small craft, and other things.

The sprite nekos did their jobs efficiently, reporting some success in getting the ship going again.

Hanako ordered Ramiro to target landing ships and shoot them down with the anti-starship turrets.

Suddenly, Pineapple screamed in pain over the radio. "MISHHU!" she managed to shout before she was cut short by a gurgling and splattering noise.

The ship had unwanted visitors.

Engineering

"Son of a!" Scowled Takeyu as he turned his attention to the new threat, he was happy that the sprites had done their jobs very well in getting the sytems repaired, with the portable generator now operations the portside CFS was now working like it should - yet now they had Mishhu on board but without a location he couldn't pinpoint where.

Although he knew Pineapples transmission would be passed via her AMES's Helmet, he couldn't help but transmite a warning just to be on the safe-side. "Bridge this is engineering! Pineapple-Heisho just reported Mishhu but not where she was located, no idea where the intruders are."

Takeyu didn't wait for orders, he brought the anti-infestation systems online, comprised of laser turrets and sonic-beams. It wouldn't do much to stop them, but every little bit helped while he searched for alternate means of combating the invaders.

However, he didn't know 'where' they were so he couldn't exactly do much else until he had a clearer picture, with that in mind he removed his NSP and kept an eye on the main door into the room while also multitasking away on his console.

Then he sent a warning message out

Code:
Cherry-Heisho, Victory-Hei, Koga-Hei. Pineapple just reported Mishhu but no idea where, becareful when moving around the ship.

Sune breathed a brief sigh of relief that their gamble had paid off for the moment. He reset the cannons to their normal mode, "Restoring cannons to normal operation. Recharging their anti-matter reserves."

When he heard Pineapple's scream, he activated the LDS, he stifled a curse when he saw that the installation was limited in scope. "Better than nothing" he said to himself, as he wondered why the system was not implemented as he intended. This configuration would not be of use looking for injured personnel unless they happened to be in the vicinity of them.

"Commencing life scan with LDS. Negative response currently, scan remains active. That means either the Mishhu is not in an area covered, or we are dealing with Ghost Mishhu." He stated.

"Understood sir," Koga replied. She drew her gun from its holster, took it off safety and set it to heavy mode. Then the soldier began to quickly yet cautiously venture towards the power armor bay while sending an encrypted telepathic message to Hanako. "Shôshô, I am already near the power armor bay and I am currently heading towards it. May I have permission to use a suit outside the bay to assist in eliminating the intruders? I will of course take utmost care to avoid damaging the ship if granted permission."

Helen continued her own work, tracking ship movements, labeling targets of value, that was until the announcement came through that there were intruders aboard. "Shosho, if power armor is used to deal with the boarders, then I would recommend that weapon usage be restricted to anti-personnel grade weapons. However, if we are dealing with an intruder which could possibly be phased, a power armor would not amount to much unless we start detonating jamming missiles within the ship, and that would be rather counter-productive... My job up here seems done however, and I would like to offer my expertise in dealing with the enemy on board, I would supervise our new combat personnel in the process as well, ma'am."

"Agreed," Hanako told Helen. "We and use the ship's field systems tp force the enemy to unphase...doing that now..."

"Koga, you are cleared to use power armor but do not use heavy weapons," she sent the infantry neko.

However, on arriving at the ship's power armor bay, Koga found the intruder waiting for her with a LASR rifle. The Mishhu began firing at her immediately! She could also see Pineapple getting into a power armor with a zombie look on her face.

Engineering

Takeyu turned back toward his console and continued to type away; doing what he could to try and locate their unwanted guest while also dealing with minor problems with the ship. He kept his eye on the CFS system, and was quickly solving any problems that popped up either by a quick fix to the system or by routing power around damaged ones and toward it.

During this time he was also talking with Charisma about possible solutions to improve the CFS system.

Then he turned his attention back to the door, monitoring it carefully just in case someone tried to open it.

"Understood. Thank you ma'am." When she encountered the Mishu and the neko she instantly knew what to do. "A Mishu is in the power armor bay with Pineapple and she is under its control!" she said to Hanako as she darted to the side to avoid the enemy's sudden barrage. She dashed into the room while firing a shot at Pineapple intending to only maim her if possible. Picking up speed she dove forward and to the right and rolled as she hit the floor, aiming to place herself behind or near some form of cover.

Three of the armor-piercing darts easily flew through Koga's torso as she brazenly rushed into the room. She was still able to roll but there was slick trail of blood behind her. Due to being shot, she was unable to aim well and Zombie Pineapple was able to get into the armor without being hit. Koga ended up behind a loaded armor rack that didn't provide great cover.

The Mishhuvurthyar emptied the rest of the magazine at the injured neko, hitting her again in the right shoulder, right hip and thigh.

Koga's body felt like it was going to tear apart but the small round size and high speed meant the rounds over-penetrated before they had a chance to deliver their full impact.

Her enemy laughed telepathically, "HU HU HU! SURRENDER OR DIE, WEAKLING."

Zombie Pineapple lurched over to a weapons rack and grabbed an aether saber-rifle with one hand and then hit the door controls, causing the armored shutters on both sides of the armor bay to open, revealing the chaos of the battle outside.

Ramiro hadn't been saying much over the past few minutes as he concentrated on piloting the ship and operating the weapons. Every now and again he'd pause to crack some part of his body before continuing. When he heard the call come through about the intruder he responded instantly.

"Pulling up camera feed," Ramiro called out as his hands fingers flew across his system. Within moments Ramiro was feeding the power armor bay camera feed to the main screen. He face saddened a bit as he saw Victory as a zombie, but knew that he needed to find a way to help. Figuring that they had better things to worry about his brain jumped to the simplest solution. "Shosho, even though we would lose a lot of equipment, what if we just had the Hei pull back and then we vent the power armor bay. Also, we could then remotely set the armors to self-destruct so that the enemies don't get their hands on them and then it would hamper the progress of any fighter left behind us. I understand it would mean the loss of our armor, and any equipment in the vented area, but I feel that the enemy would either destroy them anyways or use them against us."

Surrender was absolutely out of the question for Koga. There was no point to it to her. Surrendering would only help her enemy. She would gladly die before doing that. She was practically already dead anyway. Why prolong the pain and humiliation? Instead she reached for her gun with her left hand and tried to get off as many shots as she could before she met her demise. At least she'd die well. While doing so she attempted to get out one last message to her commander, "Pineapple is in an armor. I failed."

Armor Bay

The Mishhu took cover, taking a couple hits as he ducked behind the opposite row of armor racks, looking for another weapon.

Meanwhile, Zombie Pineapple aimed the aether rifle out the door, lining it up with the starboard main engine, and firing straight into the unarmored nozzle, setting off a massive explosion as the engine flew apart. The whole ship shook and began to spin and lose altitude. Zombie Pineapple hovered to the opposite doorway to line up another shot on the port side.

- - -

Bridge

"Pineapple's armor is disconnected from the network," Hanako said, bracing herself as the explosion rocked the ship. "With her in the armor, venting the bay is not going to affect her...I am calling for the Vesper to deploy an armor team. I need us to hold on and stall them until they arrive."

Ramiro saw a red light flashing on his console. The engine explosion had screwed up the CFS and it was failing again. Worse yet, the ship was losing control and starting to descend into the atmosphere.

Engineering

Takeyu scowled when he saw the power readouts for the starboard engine suddenly disappear. "Shit!" he shouted as he cut all power feeds to the starboard engine so that they wouldn't be wasting anymore power.

He transferred the available power to the portside engine, then brought up the logs to see just what had hit them. When he saw the recording of what Pineapple had done, he made him scowl in anger.

Browsing through the systems, he searched the controls for the power armors deployment doors and began to override them. Although he could feel the spinning, he knew he had to do something to prevent Pineapple from destroying their last means of movement. "Come on.. come on..." he muttered, biting down on his lip while he typed away before sending the required commands to slam shut the deployment doors. All the while also trying to stop the ships spinning via his limited means.

Though racked by extreme pain Akemi did her best to avoid uttering any sounds. She wouldn't let her foe hear any of her suffering if she could help it. She refused to show any more weakness. The neko felt she had made a huge error. Dashing in wasn't it. She could have been less reckless, but she had done something far worse. She had allowed Pineapple to get into an armor. She should have tried to kill her immediately to avoid putting the rest of the crew at risk.

Fighting the waves of agony coursing through her body, the little soldier used her inertial control to propel herself off the floor, across the room and over the other armor rack. She went as fast as she could. Once her enemy was in sight she would unload on it from above while hiding what she could of her body behind the rack.

The Mishhu grabbed an armor suit and threw it toward Akemi, blocking the shots as it zipped out of the bay and into the ship where it took a right into the medical lab.

As the giant armor bay doors slowly closed (they only went one speed), Zombie Pineapple took her shot at the port engine, hitting it. Another explosion rocked the ship.

Just then, a team of six nekos in Mindy armor appeared in the armor bay in bright flashes of heat and light. Immediately they shot the rogue Pineapple to death. "Where the the squid?" the leader asked Akemi.

"It's heading for the medical lab, to the right ma'am." Akemi straightened herself in midair and tried to look unfazed as she spoke. She lowered her body until she was standing on the floor. Even if they were just going to rush by her as soon as she was finished speaking she still wanted to look presentable to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back