• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 15] Gifted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [Mission 15.1] Gifted

Power Armor Bay

When Takeyu contacted her, Akemi had already begun to examine the armor she had first worn during their last mission. She telepathically read his message as she looked it over and replied that she was there.

After the Shuttle landed in the hanger bay, Misato quickly headed to the armory to de-suit and put her checked out gear away. As she changed into the uniform she left hanging in there she watched the others quickly gear down and head off to their respected on-board duties. She didn’t have any preassigned job so she headed to her quarters and grab a fresh uniform. She took off her pistol and dropped it into a draw and headed to the showers.

She undressed and stepped under the stream of water; standing still she closed her eyes and replayed the events of the past few days. From her first few minutes aboard to Yule Tide, she was sad that she broke her new body and fraked up her first combat mission. She was sure that the Shosho was going to transfer her to another ship. She destroyed a Mindy and got lost; the mission was a total failure on her end. She didn’t know what to do with herself. She quickly washed up and finished her shower. Getting dressed she felt a sharp pain in her leg, around the area of the break, so she headed to the infirmary.

As she entered the infirmary she saw the Shosho and her double, and the medic Konoka. She quickly bowed and asked permission to enter.

Armory

When Reika disembarked the shuttle she headed straight to the armory to remove her battered power armor and catalog the full extent of the damage accrued by her equipment throughout their entire mission upon Planet H. After re-attiring herself in her uniform she silently went over to her Daisy even as Misato Suzume finished her own chores and left for another area aboard the Eucharis. The operative began with the suits weapons -- as being a soldier basic maintenance skills for ones own firearms was a required part of the training -- she checked them from top to bottom before finally being satisfied that she knew the full extent of the wear and tear. Just after she finished dissembling her rifle, Takeyu and then Akemi entered the chamber.

"Sir." Reika said, softly inclining her head to the chief engineer as he entered the room. She likewise greeted Akemi when she came in.

Bridge

Sune monitored the Eucharis' progress on its way to Virginia. He picked up the handset for his console dialed the shipwide channel. "Attention all Department heads, please consolidate your section status, include prioritized work orders for any repairs required. Route them to the XO prior to our arrival at Virginia so that we can relay them to the shipyard. Jalen-Shosa out."

He hung up the intercom and turned back to Ramiro. "I keep wondering how long the Eucharis is going to hold up under this strain. The Shosho went through five commands in three years, the Eucharis has distinction of outlasting them all combined. But still, how many times can we patch her up." he said to his friend.

Ramiro grinned as he spun around to face Sune. "That would be three commands in five years, buddy. But I do know what you mean." Ramiro spun back to monitor his station as he continued talking. "I don't think this ship has had a full repair since I returned almost a year ago and a half ago. Do you know what we need? Another good, long week of leave of Hanako's World."

Sune chuckled, "You might want to check your data. Ketsurui Hanako commanded the Nozomi, Sakura, Ravisher, Plumeria and Elfin Princess between YE 27 and YE 30.

Every repair to the Eucharis has always been done as quickly as possible, replace what needs to be, put her back together and launch. Even after the infestation in Nataria we were back out in days.

A good part of that is our commander, as this war drags on she is driven to do as much as she can. To get back out as soon as possible. I do not fault her desires, but look at our track record for the ship. The Eucharis holds up less and less in battle. Or course part of that is probably because of the missions we draw."

Power Armor Bay

Takeyu gave a curt nod of the head toward Reika as he walked up to his armor. "Inspecting your rifle?" he asked curiously before turning his attention to his armor.

He ran his hand over it, noticing the pockmarks and scroch marks from the battle he had been in with it, he then took out his ICP and hooked it up to the armors diagnostic panel and began to run a diagnostic on the systems.

While he waited for that to finish, he began to remove panels from his armor to perform maintenance and inspect for any internal damage.

"Make sure when you inspect your armor, that you becareful," he said the other two in the room. "Also, if you find that your teleportation module is damaged, don't try and service it, just let me know."

"No, no, no," Ramiro stated. "That can't be right, there's no way that she..." Ramiro trailed off as he pulled up Hanako's military record. "Well I'll be a son of a Nepleslian, you're right. And I do agree that I understand the Shosho's intentions, but it can't go on forever. But if she does plan on continuing without a full repair then it will be a race to see who loses first, us or the NMX."

Power Armor Bay

Akemi looked up from her Mindy and returned Reika's bow. "I could do all the maintenance for both of your units and armaments if you wish. I had intended to take care of everything in here myself when I asked to be put in charge of maintaining power armor and related equipment."

After Konoka finished up with the Hanakos, she looked to the door and saw Misato.
"Come on in, Suzume-Hei," she smiled. "I guess you need me to set that leg, huh?"

Misato smiled, “Yes’m, It would be nice to walk on it without it screaming in pain.” She limped over to a Bed and sat down on it. “What is this going to take to fix it? Do you have to re-break it?” She cringed at the idea of having to go through that.

"Oh, stars, no!" said Konoka hurriedly. "That won't be necessary, Suzume-Hei. You just need a cast." She remembered that Sune had broken a leg once and spent a few days with a cast and cane.

She found a similiar cast for Misato. "I'll put this on your leg and soon you'll be all better," Konoka promised, setting and casting the break.

"Just don't put too much stress on it for a bit," she advised. "And if it's that painful, I can give you a painkiller, Hei, no problem."

She hoped their next mission wouldn't exacerbate it. Misato was infantry, after all - Konoka sighed, knowing it was likely that she would soon be in the thick of something worrisome for the injury.

Power Armor Bay

Reika nodded softly in response to Takeyu's statement -- though as her armor had no teleportation unit installed she would not require his aid in that regard. Also, whilst the neko operative was thankful for Akemi's offer of assistance, she respectfully declined.

"Thank-you, but no. It's probably for the best that I see to my own equipment. Practice makes perfect after all -- I appreciate the offer though, Koga-hei."

Power Armor Bay

"I understand," Akemi said simply. "I too prefer to take care of my things myself." She had thought there was a good chance that the agent would decline, but she figured it wouldn't hurt to offer her services.

Tomomi only spent a short time on the bridge looking over the status of the MEGAMI before she proceeded back to cargo bay to find her assigned Mindy she had left in one of the modules. Donning it once she had found it, she kept the helmet between her body and her left arm.

Power Armor Bay

Once she arrived at the PA Bay, she looked on to everyone in it busy with their own activities. She walked towards an empty storage rack to stow her Mindy. Once secured into place, she proceeded to remove herself from her suit so she could began to perform post-action preventive maintenance and checks on it.

Power Armor Bay

"I don't mind people working on my armor," spoke Takeyu as he looked into the leg of his mindy and saw some damage circuits, and grumbled. "As you use an armor, you grow attached to it," he said with a calm smile, before looking at Akemi. "Besides, I wanted to make sure the teleportation unit wasn't damaged due to enemy fire or if I possibly did something," he said as he made a few notes about the repairs needed to his armor.

But, as Takeyu's diagnostic continued on the teleportation unit, information began to scroll by indicating a fault in the module itself. "Well crud, I was afraid of that," he said as he looked around toward the back of his armor and placed a hand on the module. "Can't tell what damaged it, didn't get close enough to enemy fire, wonder if it's possible it got damaged after I used it?" he tapped his lower chin thoughtfully for a few moments.

"Looks like I'll be sending this module to Scorpio Star Fortress," he said before going over his armor for more damaged parts. "Tell ya what Akemi, I'll look for damage on my armor, then I'll have you repair it," he winked at the girl, given how she was interested in helping out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back