• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 18.4] Back on the Ship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
YSS Eucharis Shuttle Bay - Evening

In the spartan, red-lit little shuttle bay, a line appeared and widened, revealing a black field of stars that reflected on the gloss black deck as the large, armored doors moved outward and to the side. In a moment, both of the away teams would be back on board after their respective missions of exploration. Along with the white walls, Zesuaium ribbing and two rolling tool chests, there was the doorway to the power armor bay where Hanako stood ready to greet her returning crew members from the other side of the air containment forcefield in the doorway.

Re: [Mission 18.4]

Shuttle Bay

Mitsuko joined the captain, silently staring off into the distance. She avoided looking out through the open bay doors, though. Open spaces made her nervous, and an infinite amount of open space was far worse. Idly adjusting her glasses, she kept herself busy juggling the ship's current list of cargo and the list of items Misato's team was returning with. The list of items that might potentially be brought back on a second trip was also worth considering. On top of this, the other team was apparently bringing back a refugee from that horrible planet. Murakami wrinkled her nose at the thought, worried this would lead to people sleeping in her cargo bay again.

Power Armor Bay (just outside shuttle bay)

"Mitsuko, I saw you had a request for...3 Type 32 Trauma Kits, 20 EM-G4-2 Filter Masks (Advanced), and 20 EM-G4-1 Filter Masks (Basic). I just approved it so you can post it to Logistics. I would also like you to request 100 body bags to keep on hand in case we have to deal with a disaster."

Power Armor Bay/Shuttle Bay

Mitsuko blinked, pulled back to the current situation. "Yes...Sune-Chusa requested them." She nodded, having sent that off along with the captain's requests for infantry uniforms. Then the Neko went a bit paler than usual at the new request that followed. "B-body bags?" She swallowed, before turning away from Hanako to compose herself, and the message to Logistics. "Yes, Shosho."

Shuttle Bay

A twinkle of light appeared in the darkness and slowly grew larger until it took the shape of a T8 shuttle. Hanako and Mitsuko were able to watch Victory slowly bring it floating through the bay doors, rotate into a sideways slide and then gently set the shuttle down right in front of them along the back wall of the shuttle bay, with the nose tucked into the corner and the back end of the shuttle poking through the air forcefield into the safety of the power armor bay. In a moment the doors opened to reveal the stuffed passenger compartment.

The huge ID-SOL guy emerged first. Spotting Hanako, he offered a handshake to her. Hanako gingerly accepted.

"I'm Six Four Tango X-Ray," the giant introduced himself.

"Shosho Ketsurui Hanako," the captain replied. "Once we get unloaded you can go to our wardroom and we will serve you dinner."

"After months alone on an alien planet fending more myself that sounds pretty awesome," Six Four grinned.

Shuttlebay

Misato followed X-ray out of the shuttle, She was reviewing reports from the computer systems on the other operation. She was quite concerned for their well being, "Ma'am," Mistao bowed to Hanako, "Permission to drop to the planet and help the away team? I believe that if I drop down I can give them fire support while they make their retreat." She knew that the Mishu in charged did want them dropping in with PAs but her fellow crew members where in trouble.

Shuttlebay/Power Armor Bay

"Permission denied, at least for now," Hanako replied to Misato, "Here is what I need you to do: get this shuttle unloaded as quickly as possible and then travel to the nearby YSS Firebird and bring over their medic to support us since we are currently lacking one and Sune has been injured.

Shuttlebay

Takeyu stretched a moment and followed the two out of the shuttle, he didn't say anything right away as he listened to Misato talk to Hanako. Altough, when the subject of Sune being injured came along that caused the hair on the back of his neck to bristle somewhat in anger.

"I'll help," he said to Misato and turned toward the items they had brought along with them. "How seriously he is hurt ma'am?" asked the Taii.

"Sune said he was shot in the left arm and had a broken bone. There were other injuries as well. We will want to give everyone some medical attention and some regular checkups too. Bring the dead body, severed head, and both encapsulated Lorath to the medical lab as well."

Shuttle Bay

Mitsuko took a step back as the giant disembarked. Hadn't he gone with Sune's team? It took her a moment to remember they were now going to have two giants aboard, as well as the guest Sune was bringing back. She sighed at the thought. Why did things always have to be so complicated?

She smiled when Misato appeared, recognizing her even in the armor. Murakami was quick to enter the shuttle as the other two crew members were tasked with unloading it. "Let's just get it outside so you can leave. I can sort through everything later." She did her best to steer clear of any of the organic cargo while assisting.

"I'm going down to the cargo bay," Hanako told the others. "We just received an order from logistics, and I need to get the cargo bay open for the cargo transfer." The captain headed for the cargo elevator.

HX-24 Orbit

While everything else was going on, a cargo transport runabout from the First Expeditionary Fleet's logistics division had arrived. It was carrying an SSCC-Small carrying fresh foods and an SSCC-Medium containing the following:

15 Field Uniforms
3 Type 32 Trauma Kits
20 EM-G4-2 Filter Mask (Advanced)
20 EM-G4-1 Filter Mask (Basic)
100 Type 35 Body Bags (for storage)
7 Type 35 Body bags (for updated standard shuttle loadouts)

In a few minutes, the larger shuttle returned to the Eucharis looking badly banged up. It was covered in stinking sulphuring dust and covered in scrapes and gouges, and a blackened area surrounded a crater in one engine.

After Natsumi backed the battered craft into the shuttle bay, the ship's armored doors closed in front of the shuttle's nose and the atmosphere hissed back into the room.

Natsumi settled the battered shuttle craft down on the Eucharis hangar deck and shut down its systems as the ships outer doors slit closed. She leaned back in her chair for a moment.

"Okay. We're home" she said and smiled. "Come one, Sienna. I'll show you much better hospitality here than we were able to give you on the flight up" she said, giving their new friend a smile as she got out of the pilots seat and moved to open the main hatch.

She was so happy to be back on the Eucharis. A hot shower followed by a warm meal and her soft bed sounded like such a good idea right now.

First though, they had to get their wounded taken care of, which meant all of them getting checked out. "Can I help getting Hightower-san to medical?" She asked Sune as she pressed the button to unseal the shuttle's hatch.

The ride to orbit was rough, to say the least. It had been a long four years since Sienna had experienced space travel, and she certainly didn't remember it being so bumpy. Didn't matter, however. Her experience in Urtullan was finally at an end. She didn't bother wondering where she would go from here, however; the only thing she cared about was that she had finally gotten offworld, even if there had been more than a few roadblocks along the way.

When they finally broke atmosphere, she had taken Sune's advice and downed enough water to drown several small animals simultaneously, as well as liberally washed the grit from her eyes and face. She probably looked like hell, but after that ordeal, she didn't much care if anyone took exception to her matted, disheveled hair, dirty clothes, or yellow grit-covered skin. Her throat still felt itchy and raw from breathing the sulfurous air planetside, but at least she was breathing normally now. She would still cough once or twice if she took too big a breath through her mouth, but she could speak more normally and wasn't choking on nothing anymore.

She took the time to recollect her belongings, and found the rebreather and goggles she'd used. They had skidded underneath one of the aisles along the port hull, far enough out of the way she would never have found them by accident. No matter now, however. She idly wondered if it still functioned. Dismantling the unused, improvised retrieval harness, she pulled her backpack free of the cables and pulled her jacket out. She contemplated putting it back on, but decided against it. She was still caked in grime and sweat, and the jacket didn't seem like it would be too comfortable at the moment. She threw everything back into her pack and set in back down on the front aisle.

When she had returned to the flight crew's compartment, the sight of the Yamataian warship coming into view left her speechless and frozen in place. After handling scrap and barely functional junk for so long, the sleek lines and strangely cosmopolitan appeal of the shimmering icon of cutting edge technology made her jaw go slack. She even started salivating a little, and when it started to pool behind her bottom lip, she closed her mouth quickly before anyone noticed that she was literally drooling over a spaceship. The whole way in, she could only stand there in the doorway, grasping the doorframe, staring in wonder at what was going to be her new home for a while.

She wanted a ride offworld. She never imagined it would be in something so... sexy

When the shuttle finally touched down in the starship's bay, she smirked at Natsumi's offering of better hospitality. "What, nobody shoots at you up here?" she quipped. "Seems kinda boring now, after all that."

Shuttle

"It is not always so quiet in space, we have been at war for several years. Plenty of people shooting at us. It is nice to leave the ship and find it in the same shape as when we left it." Sune said to Sienna.

He looked at Natsumi, "I am in no shape to take Hightower-San to medical, so if you wish to help. Please do."

"Next stop for everyone is medical for decontamination, cleaning up and a quick checkup." he said to the group.

With some effort he got to his feet. He made his way to the rear of the airlock. He pressed the switch, listened to the mechanism groan as the door started opening.

He stepped out of the shuttle carefully and used his anti-grav to help him walk clear of the shuttle.

"Charisma, notify the Shosho that the away team has reported in. Hopefully medical is prepared because to be safe everyone from the team should be checked given the conditions of the planet and the installation." he said out loud to the MEGAMI.

Cargo Bay

After the Nekovalkyrja from Logistics secured the supply containers and left, Hanako closed the loading ramp door at the rear of the cargo bay and Hanako called up to the bridge. "Ramiro, the transferred cargo with all external doors secure and all shuttles aboard. I see we still do not have a medic aboard so I want to you to contact the YSS Firebird and have them temporarily send their medic to the Eucharis. Out."

Next, Hanako dialed the ship intercom. "This is the captain speaking. All returning crew and guests are required to use the decontamination showers and report to the medical lab for treatment checkups."

She next headed for the cargo elevator, riding it up to Deck 3 where it met the passageway with the medical lab.

Cargo

Misato was walking back from the Med bay after hauling one of the Cryo tubes. She was about to see if Victory was ready to fly them over to the Firebird to pick up the medic, when she saw the other op team's shuttle limp into the shuttle bay. She was beyond pleased to see they were all still alive. She was going to ask Hanako if she still wanted them to retrive the medic but Sune was asking help with hightower. Misato was still in her Mindy so she walked over and picked him up with out any trouble and took him to the Med bay.

As she carried him to medical she sent a message to the Sho'sho'
Code:
Ma'am I'm Still in my PA I could just fly over there and pick the medic up and bring them back in a Environmental Suit. If that would make things move faster.

Sienna watched as Egil and Natsumi lifted Conrad's hulking form from where he was lying unconscious, warily keeping her distance. They seemed confident enough that they'd removed all traces of the parasite and thus any possibility of him being influenced by it, but she stayed away nonetheless. She still felt silly for reacting the way she did, but she tried to rationalize her fear by telling herself that she had always been told that once one of the things got inside you, there was no turning back. These soldiers clearly had experience that demonstrated otherwise; that, or they were extremely overconfident in their abilities.

They'd gotten her off the planet, anyway, and in one piece. They'd made some decisions she disagreed with, and their escape was far more eventful than she'd have liked, but it was over now. No sense dwelling on it anymore.

With her backpack slung over one shoulder and her jacket wadded up under her other arm, she followed four or five arm's lengths behind Sune, Egil, Bors, Natsumi, and Conrad. When she stepped off the ramp and looked up to take in the sight of the spotlessly clean shuttle bay, she had to blink several times to make sure she wasn't still blind. She'd never in all her life seen something this pristine. Her mind was having a hard time accepting it as reality, even; she felt as if she were in some sort of hallucination or waking dream.

She jumped slightly when a female voice boomed over a hidden loudspeaker, resonating throughout the metallic walls, repeating Sune's instructions to get decontaminated. With a chiding smirk and a quiet chuckle, she shook her head at her skittishness. Remaining silent, she kept pace with the group, following them. She assumed that's where they were going, and obviously she had no idea where anything was on this ship.

Medical Lab Area

Passing through the power armor bay, Sienna could see racks of power armor and large armored doors on either side, one of which was open, revealing the void just beyond an air containment force-field. She could see herself in the reflective black floor and it wasn't pretty. Luckily the power armor bay had a changing room, toilet room, and decontamination room with showers adjacent to and forward of it, just across the hall from the medical bay.

Victory, a green-haired Nekovalkyrja, quickly stripped naked and passed Sienna, claiming first dibs on the showers so she could beat the dusty folks getting back from HX-24.

fetch.php

The medical lab itself was a little crowded with automated treatment tables. The walls were a sterile white and covered in cabinets, doors, and various supplies, cabinets, and appliances. If it wasn't state-of-the-art, with was close. Off to the right were a trio of tubes filled with red liquid. Conspicuously, the bay was devoid of any medical personnel.

Admiral Hanako, now in the hallway between the medical lab and the decontamination showers, gave Sienna a nod and briefly said, "Thank you for your assistance on the planet," before heading into the medical lab to see Misato still suited in Mindy armor. "Everyone is back now so you can put your armor up. Please don't come into the medical lab without decontaminating first," she said.

Hanako also stopped to see Sune. "Welcome home, I know you're not supposed to be a doctor anymore but you may have to give some directions until Citrine arrives from the Firebird. You reek of sulphur dioxide right now but when you get cleaned up I have a hug and kiss waiting," she smiled. "I will see you in a bit," she told him before slipping out to make room for the incoming crew and guests.

Out in the passageway it was somewhat chaotic as people cleaned their suits and bodies and crowded into the medical lab in various states of undress. The Shosho passed through it and returned to the bridge via the main passage.

Showers

Bors gritted his teeth as the soapy water hit some of his more recent scars and some more minor scrapes that he didn't realized that he had until he started scrubbing himself down. Overall though he was happy to be back on the ship and away from HX-24, the thought of going back there anytime soon was not high on his priority list, the only plus side would be that they wouldn't have to worry about Gravedigger unless he magically came back to life and even then he was down an assault rifle. Bors smiled at his last thought, happy to have something new to work on during his duty hours.

Rising the last bit of dirt out of his hair Bors shut off the shower and went to go dry himself off before heading into the medical bay for a checkup. It felt good putting on a clean uniform and was thankful that he went and grabbed one straight after going thorough decontamination and stopping by the armory to dispose of his new pet project. Slipping into the medical bay he found a seat on one of the open tables and waited for the doc to come in, curious to see who it was seeing at they hadn't had that slot filled for a bit of time now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back