• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: UCS Zenpyou [Mission 2] Containment

Rokken started climbing up the ladder. He was almost at the top when Chikai spoke to him. He stopped and looked down to answer, but he didn't get a chance to speak. Chikai could se a silhoute on the top of platform, but before he could even say anything it kicked Roken in head. His PA cought power of the kick with no damage but ex-nepleslian couldn't hold on and started falling right on Chikai.

"Son of a b.." Chikai let go of the ladder with his left hand and swung to the right in an attempt to avoid behind body slammed by Rokken, and attempted to grab a hold of the falling Peacekeeper. He knew the fall would not seriously injure Rokken, but it could stun him momentarily and there was a hostile in the room.

Roken could have kicked himself for letting his guard down but it didn't matter since it was kinda funny since he took on to the head. The blow was absorbed by the P.A. But that same kick knocked him down off the ladder.

Before Roken could curse...or hit the ground he felt Chikai grab his arm immediately, “thanks...ill be fine your gonna need both your hands at the moment.” Roken grabbed the ladder under Chikai, determined to give whoever kicked him a little something in return, a lethal something at that. “Move to your right a little.” Roken had a clear view up still after Chikai caught him but wanted to make sure he did not hit him as he fired a few bursts up the maintenance tunnel.

Roken managed to catch ladder and fired a burst up. Shame it hit only ceiling because mysterious attacker was gone.

Chikai released the ladder and activated his Mantis' gravitic drive to hold position. He floated upwards with his right Xaser Pulse Canon extended and ready to fire. As he ascended he activated the LED lamp on his helmet to try and illuminate the intruder.

Chikai didn't have much space with Mantus. Mantus was rather big after all, but his XPCs were wrist- mounted which made it more bearable and able to combat. Even with that, they weren't needed when Chikai rose to platform level and didn't have any target inside his field of vision. He coulds see good part of platfrom full of consoles. Most of them off line. Enemy could be behind any of them.

Roken followed up behind Chikai both XPCs powered up, “well at least we know there is someone alive on the ship.” He moved close to wall on his right, making sure he had a clear view since he was behind Chikai now, “alright nice and slow....oh and switch your weapon mode, I want whoever kicked me alive.” With that he switched his settings to non-lethal as he looked back down the maintenance shaft one last time before as he open communications with Alice, “we have a live target with us...just kicked me so keep your eyes open down there alright.”

Chikai moved to the far left so that who or whatever was up here was between him and Roken. "I'm already set for stun mode. Did not want to risk using the heavy stuff here in Engineering. The systems might not take kindly to that." he sent over the suit comm. "Going to take a look behind the consoles."

He cautiously moved so that he could shine his light behind the consoles, with his XPC ready to fire if necessary.

"Roger that, I'll keep my eye peeled," said Alcieo over the comlink.

Both Peacekeper were now on upper platform. Chikai moving onto the left and ROken standing by the door on the rightside of entering from which they climbed in. Chikai was walking and looking for everything, moving to get a look behind the consoles.

Suddenly a silhoute leand over on of consoles with a rifle in its hand. It was on the far side of the room and sadly not in front Chikais guns. Thanks to that person with rifle fired first.

The gun it used was Hik'id plasma rifle and it hit its target head on. Two guikc shots hit Chikais shield. Shield lighted up as it absorbed both plasma projectiles and low-shiel icon showed up on Chikais HUD.

Roken caught the muzzle flash of the plasma gun as it struck Chikai's shields twice, not even bothering to give him a heads up Roken quickly moved in, moving Chikai against the wall to provide a low profile and to give his shields a chance to charge while He stepped in to cover.

Roken fired left handed or left gauntlet in quick burst from his XPCs hoping to either hit the attacker or at least make him duck so he could rush in and tackle him to the ground and remove his weapon. Roken was determined not to let him get to far into the ship or it would take to long to find him and also try and figure out what is going on in the station.

"Son of a... " Chikai yelled out when he found himself under attack by the yet unidentified assailant. His HUD showed that his shields had taken the brunt of the force, armor integrity was still green. Before he could return fire he had found himself moved out of the line of fire by Roken. While his team mate fired he tried to see who and what was attacking them as well as trying to get a lock on the person.

Roken pushed Chikai behind one of the consoles and fired a burst in the direction of enemy. Assailant hid behind the console and Rokens XPC rounds hit it without any harm done.

Roken then quickly hurried to tackle enemy before he or she could ran away. When he jumped over the console he could see that enemy is indeed a man. A man in peacekeeper uniform. Man that moved a meter from spot that Roken thought he would be. Man pointing large plasma rifle into Rokens face. It made Roken thing about new meaning of light at the end of the tunnel.

Roken knew he had only a heartbeat before the rouge peacekeeper took a shot at him and decided that since he was already going in the direction the attacker should have been he decided to continue moving as he activated his suits jets. He knew only two outcomes that mattered at that moment: It would be to late and Roken would be getting a face full of plasma that his suit probably wouldn't be able to stop completely or he was fast enough and he would fly away from the attacker and probably bang into something as he fumbled to cut power to his suits thrusters Lets hope your not as quick on the trigger there buddy. Roken thought as he let his thrusters carry him away from the peacekeeper.

Roken had to hope that Chikai would get him before he had a chance to run and hide again.

Chikai spotted the mysterious peacekeeper who was now training his weapon at Roken. Now's my chance, he's concentrating on Roken, if I tackle him, I can hopefully get him to miss Roken and keep him from getting away.

Using the power armor's strength augmentation, Chikai moved to get a clear line towards the target and launched himself physically at the rogue peacekeeper. He aimed for the person's midsection with the intent to lock his arms around this person. If it was lucky he would slam the person into the console behind him. Or the two of them might go over the edge of the platform. Either option was fine with Chikai.

Roken moved quickly enough to dodge most of it. Ball of angry plasma grazed his shield which dropped to 25%. But Roken was alive and okay. Peacekeeper didn'T have time to shoot again beacause angry man in Power armor tackled him with full force.

"Hurk!" Was all the sound traitorous Peacekeeper could do when Chikai flew right into him. They moved about five meter to the next console and hit it pretty hard. Loud cracking noise could be heard right after impact. Even Chikai was a little stunned but not unconscious. He looked at peacekeeper under him which was just lying on the ground and not moving. There was only need of one check before knowing that he is quite dead.

Roken watched the scene but couldn't do anything. He stood up and looked for more any more enemies but platform was empty. It was just them and dead body. They Alice said somethign over the radio. "Roken, I found something down here. Adrian is watching the exit. I think you should get down here."

Chikai got back to his feet and began searching the body of the man he killed. It was hard to believe that a fellow Peacekeeper had tried to kill them. What his motivations were would remain a mystery with his unfortunate demise. Chikai's only hope now was that he might find some clue on the person.

Body belonged to peacekeeper Samaru Shinji. But when Chikai looked better he found out that Shinji was not a Zenpyou crewman. Other than that he had regular things that peacekeeper would have, even a standard E1 energy pistol. And gasmask of course. When Chikai got to scanning he noticed that the body had unusally high temperature. Like he had a fever. It could be good to take him to medbay, to learn more.

Roken quickly left Chikai to deal with the body as he headed down to Adrian, “what did you find?” He kept his eyes open as he checked the corridors, on edge now that they discovered that there was someone and maybe even more people aboard the ship.

His mind drifted to the peacekeeper that attacked them, he knew we were on the same side and he still attacked us...something is not right about this situation, could it be mutiny...or were there spy's infiltrating peacekeeper command this whole time and now they chose to strike?

"I found first body," Roken could hear over the radio. "It is one of ours. He is alive but unconscious. Doesn't look like he will wake up anytime on his own."

"Probably a good idea to get both the dead and the not so dead bodies to sickbay in that case" said Adrian still covering the entrance.
"Though I think me and Chikai should stay here and see if we can get some of the ships systems going. Whatever we do, we'll need to do it soon, things just keep getting worse".

RPG-D RPGfix
Back