Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: UCS Zenpyou [Mission 2] Containment

Chikai stood over the body he had killed. "This one was wearing a gas mask, so obviously in cahoots with whoever is behind this. But his body temp is high, I would suggest that his body be taken back to medical along with the unconscious one. A Medical exam might reveal some clues."

Looking down at Adrian then back to Roken, "We could see about bringing the Zenpyou's primary systems back online. That would allow the computer to engage the security systems, and if we need to leave the ship, it will be secured."

Roken thought for a moment, “alright....lets take these two to the med bay, once there Chikai and Adrian will watch over them while they get an scan on our hostiles guests body temp and me and Alice will head up to get the ships systems running so we can secure this ship so we can have a little breather.” Roken looked at Alice and Adrian, “good work both of you, lets wrap this up so we can get back to helping the colony.”

He paused for a moment as he looked at the unconscious crew-member, slowly bending down to check that he was not laying on anything that might blow his small team to bits....or at least try to. “How did we miss this body by the way?” He looked up at them both.

It really wasn't hard to miss unconscious peacekeeper. "He was in maintenance duct. Entry panel was open slightly so I found him. He must have worked there when they gassed te ship." Explained Alice. She then looked at Roken directly. "Sir I would rather go with the bodies, I am not engineer but I am medic. I would be to no use here. Chikai and Adrian are both engineers."

Chikai waited for Alice to finish her discourse before adding his own comment. "Techard-San, if it is a matter of skill set I have to concur with Peacekeeper Mason. My talents would be more beneficial here in engineering attempting to revive the ship's primary functions, than they would in medical. My medical training is only the required training, so I am not a pathologist, or a diagnostician." he said

Roken should have know but his mind was not on tending to the bodies at the time, “alright then Alice ill let you take care of these two while we get the ship up and running....Adrian will go with you, I don't want heading to medical by yourself.” Roken said as he began to slowly climb up the ladder, “that peacekeeper impostor might not be alone so be careful.” with that he made his way to the top with Chikai, alert and focused now after that little fight with the now dead individual in Alice's care. “Lets hurry up and get this done so we can link up with someone in the station.” Roken checked his suits shields only now thinking about it since the fight was over.

Chikai set his power armor sheilds to recharging, while he turned his attention to the consoles. He activated the generator control console, and initiated the prestart and diagnostic mode. There was no telling what that traitor was doing down here, so before I am going to bring up any major system I want to check it. he thought.

As he watched the console being executing his command. He turned to Roken, "Peacekeeper Techard, I have started the initialization sequence, but before actually commencing the power up of the Quantum Foam Generator, I want to perform a visual inspection for any obvious signs of sabotage, or worse explosives. We still have no clue what that traitor was doing down here."

"Yes sir," said Alice while Roken started climbing up again. She climbed right behind him and took the dead body over one shoulder and uncounscious peacekeeper over second. Then she nodded at Adrian and they left for medical.

Roken and Chikai rised up and main platform and looked at consoles. Most were powered down, but there was a datapad linked to one. Console itself was shut but Chikai could see that datapad itself is quite a threat. There was an program on datapads main screen just waiting for someone to push okay so it can run. Chikai looked at it for a while to see that if someone would push okay everyone on Zenpyou and in large part of station would be dead.

Program was supposed to start up main reactor and then overload. That would be one nasty explosion.

Meanwhile Adrian and Alice reached medical. Alice put dead individual on one table and sleeping on other. Then she started working with dead body. At first she just scanned him. "Hmm he has something stran in his head," she said with curiosity in her voice. She scanned it more accuretly. "Wow," she said then.

Alice opened a communication channel to Rocken. "Sir, I am looking at the dead body and it looks like he has somekind of parasite in his nassal passage. Parasite died with body and I would like to remove him now with your permission."

"Shit, we have a problem Peacekeeper Techard. Well we can now definitively say what he was doing down here." Chikai said pointing to the datapad. "It would appear that he was planning on blowing up the Zenpyou and take good chunk of the starbase with it. Obviously we got to him before he could implement it. I can remove this fairly easily, but its going to slow down reactor startup, because I am going to have to completely reinitialize the Reactor Control systems to make sure the program he uploaded is purged."

Roken thinks for a moment as a slight hint of fear creeps over him, “alright do it....but be careful, I don't feel like catching a bad case of dead before we secure this ship.” He his fear increased as Alice mentioned a parasite inside the dead body, if its who and what I think it is were not ready to deal with them Roken took a deep breath before responding, “go ahead and remove the parasite if you find anything else let me know....and be very careful, this changes everything.” He switched his weapons to lethal, not wanting to take prisoners now that he has learned who and what they may be up against.

Datapad was linked to an offline console so it was not very propable that system itself would have it in it. Especially when part of the program was re-initializing this console and over-load reactor through it. So all that was needed was shut-down the programm and un-link the datapad. Carefully of course.

With that done chikai could put his interest in console. He had to make sure if there were any traces of armageddon-program left. It few minitues but after them he was sure that system was clean. Programmer probably didn't expect to stumble on anyone, since programm itself was very good work, but not uploading it or create any failsafe..... that was kind of amateurish.

Meanwhile on medbay Alice took a deepbreath took a long slender forceps and put them into dead-man nose. Adrian could see that she caught something and tried pulling it out but she stoped soon. "Damn it won't go off, it must hold on pretty tightly. I want the parasite whole, not just pieces. We will wait for system initiliaziton and than I will do full medical scan." Was all she said into communicator. "I don't want to cut that poor peacekeeper to pieces beacause of this piece of shit," she gave another reason.

"Sir, I am going to wake up the other one." she said and went to other table with sleeping man. It was cadet and his nametag said Kobayashi Ichiro. Alice was thinkin for a little while vefore taking a respirator adn putting it on man's face. Well when he wake up now, drugs won't be a problem anymore. She then took a syringe with a wake-up mix just for this cause. Cadets head will hurt a little, something similiar to a hangover, but it should flush the drugs out of his system. With that she injected sleeping beauty.

Cadet Kobayashi Ichiro didn't know what happened. Last he remember he was helping out in engineering before everything went dark. Now when he was awake he was in medical and ship was dark. Only emergency lights were on and there was a peacekeeper in PA standing next him. "How do you feel?" asked person in PA. Person had a female voice.

Kobayashi Ichiro groaned heavily, blinking slowly to get his eyes working again. "Like a sack of dung. Was helping out in engineering, when people started passing out...guess I did too. Who's in charge, and who am I talking to?" he asked, very, very slowly sitting up and holding his head as the rush from the meds and the drugs slowly went away. "And where can a Cadet get a Power Armor?"

Chikai doublechecked the datapad. To ensure there would be no mistake, he powered down the datapad. Then removed the wiring from the console. He made a quick visual inspection of the reactor looking for any other objects, he didn't really expect to find any, after all overloading the reactor would be enough. But at this point in time, there was no being too careful.

"Lie still sir," said woman in Tenshi to Ichiro. "I am Peacekeeper recruit Alice Mason. Do you know what happened to the rest of the crew?" She asked then.

Chikai was dancing between consoles. Engineering was usally full of people and he was only one. But it didn'T matter his technical skills were great and soon systems, one after another started coming to life. Starting main reactor will be easy. Now only to decide what to start up and what shoud stay offline.

"Dunno...I just saw people start passing out until I did..." Ichiro said, laying back down after finding himself too dizzy. "I just want in a PA so I can destroy who ever did this."

Chikai after verifying there was nothing else attached to the reactor. Initiated the reactor start. He watched as the status indicators showed the Quantum Foam Generators cycling up. Okay, reactor temp rising, initiating cooling system, waiting for core temp to reach optimum. Pressure levels approaching nominal. Engaging Generators. he thought checking of the power up checklist in his mind.

"Reactor online, generator coming up to speed. Initiatializing power grid." he said with a flick of a switch. The Engineering section was fully illuminated. "Main power is restored Peacekeeper Techard. Restarting life support, MIKO Suite, and internal security. Anything else you want sir." He asked as he routed power to those systems.

“For now my concern is communications and I need to scan the ship for any hostiles still aboard or even out side that we might have missed.” Roken smiled in his suit, relived that they had managed to get the ship powered up. He turned to Chikai and gave him a thumbs up, “you did great Chikai I'm gonna make sure to put in a good word to command about what you did here, including Alice and Adrian as well...once we find out whats been going on.” He deactivated his flashlight as he move to on of the consoles not damaged during there fire fight.

"Just doing my job sir. Internal security should be available in a minute. The MIKO should be able to give you access to the comm systems, both internal and external." Chikai answered.

From his console he sent a series of commands, instructing the Zenpyou to close all external access points. Starting with the cargo bay and then the airlocks. Okay, we have some sort of bug that infected the person. The only people who would use that sort of method would be the Mishhu.

"Techard-San, you do realize that for all intents and purposes you will be the commander of the Zenpyou. You are the senior ranking person until such time as we find someone else. I would suggest that you change the command codes. That Peacekeeper was somehow controlled by that parasite. If you do not chance the command codes, any of the senior staff who become infected could take control of the ship." Chikai offered.

"Destroing whoever did this won't be that easy sir." said Alice as she scanned Ichiro again. Then suddenly lights went one. "Looks like my comrades got power back on. Great I can scan that dead body better." She said then and moved to next table.

Ichiro could see a peacekeeper lying there. Alice started to scan that body and she frowned upon seein her scan. With power back on her scans were much more accurate and she didn't like what she saw. "Damn. I did some additional scanning. You don't want to hear what I found. We are dealing with NMX parasites." She said over comms so Roken and Chikai would hear it. "That is the bad news. The good news is that parasite removed surgically without killing the patient."

Ichiro growled a little, glaring. "Right, and I'm starting to feel fine enough to help retake the ship, and the station of that's needed as well. So let me out of here and into a power armor, and you never stated who was in charge at the moment." he said, looking at the lower ranked soldier.

“Alright...do what you need to do to get those out of there...” Roken's mind focused on dealing with the command codes, “well....I think I can handle that.” Roken could not remember the procedure but still knew how to hack and change codes that way, he made sure that Chikai could not see what he was doing as he went to work. The old command codes were replaced with some difficulty due to the ships security still active but eventually giving in to Roken's aggressive tactics, “alright done unless someone else on this ship is extremely good at accessing the security on this ship, they wont be able to take controls.” Roken made extra sure that wouldn't happen, adding a few programs that would shut down any system trying to pry into the Zen. “Alright...now communications, lets see if we can contact someone inside the station and see whats going on.”

RPG-D RPGfix
Back