• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Celia Mission 2: [YSS Celia, Essia] Serpent Planet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yangfan

Inactive Member
The Celia battlegroup materialized in the outer fringes of the Essia system.

"Shina, start a scan of the system. Look for inhabited planets," ordered Henry. The SARA report on the system was displayed on the small monitor at his station.

Kaori's fingers went to work across his own console. His eyes darted from panel to panel swiftly. He sat in silence doing his job as prescribed to him by Taisho Chen. His eyes glanced up at the viewing area to see the system they had came into. He set the ship up in a defense ready sequence. In a moment notice the flagship upon which they were in would go to red alert and prepare to take anything anyone could throw at them. He always preferred to be prepared, peaceful system or not. He also prepped the weapons systems for ignition. One could never be sure what could occur immediately after dropping out into a system. Traps can be set, and pirates can be waiting....the secondary he always looked for. Revenge was something he wasn't ashamed to think about.

Drake woke up and asked the AI where he could bathe. After bathing he went back to his room.

"Celia, would you please tell me what time it is, if the Elysian next door is up, and where I could meet other crew members?"

"It is 8:25 AM Yamatai Time. Nitô Hei Eschve is still asleep. The cafeteria is a good place to meet people and grab breakfast," the Celia responded to Drake's questions.

ON> Essia

As Shina worked the controls, the Celia battlegroup's powerful sensors quickly located the two planets in the system. "There are two planets in the system. The outer planet has a carbon dioxide atmosphere,â€

"Thank you Celia, I think ill go to the cafeteria and get some breakfast."
After double checking that he knew the general direction, Drake walked down the hall, flexing his wings the whole way. After getting to the cafetria, Drake grabbed a bite to eat and sat down at a table by himself.

His initial thought was to prepare the red alert status as the ion beam hit the ship. He narrowed his eyes as the image appeared. He listened quietly, as his hands lay resting on the controls awaiting an order. His mind raced through the various possible strategies that would come up. He would wait for the figure to disappear before he spoke. Something wasn't right here, atleast he didn't think so....

ON> Essia, High Orbit

Sakai stared at the anaconda and giggled under her breath.

"I see..." said Henry. "Are you saying, goddess, that your children are half-snake and half-men?"

She nodded a bit petting the snake some as it writhed slightly on her shoulders. "That's exactly what I'm saying." The blonde said. "I decided to guide their evolution after my first interaction with your human ancestors. So I combined their best features into one life-form." Nagashun said. (OOC note: Her name is actually "Naga'Shu'En" but she's shortening it.)

Henry took comfort in the fact that these snake-men were much less likely than full-blooded Nepleslians to go and join the Nepleslian Empire, though he did not show it. "I understand... Would it be possible to arrange a meeting with a few representatives from your children? Allow me to presume that you have the authority to authorize and enforce any diplomatic agreements that we may come to. Nevertheless, I would prefer it if some of your children were present to hear out our terms as well."

She considered for a few moments, still wary as always of newcomers to the planet. But her personal power only extended so far; in fact she could only affect Essia on a mass scale. "If you want to meet my children, you would have to provide your own transport to the surface and back as they do not have the capability to do that themselves." She said firmly as if she wouldn't sway on that. "But you are correct I have full authority to enforce diplomatic agreements. I do not make judgments for them or interdict unless it's absolutely necessary, I'm sure you understand; religious zealots are notoriously hard to calm at times." The image continued.

Henry considered her words carefully. "I understood that you intend to keep your planet free from pollution, goddess, but... I see... If I may ask, goddess, what level of technology do your children currently possess?"

"Hmm how do you say... it's liken to the extremely ancient Mayan civilization of ancient Earth." She said. "They deal mostly on a barter system economy with currency coming into popularity. Most things are built on manual labor, it's hard to put into words but it is nothing like the starship you are currently on." She said.

Henry raised an eyebrow. The woman must be fairly deluded to believe in that Earth-myth. Still, it would be best to humor her. "I see. I am concerned, goddess, about needlessly startling them, if my officers and I were to descend to the planet on a shuttle. Past experience tells us that low tech civilizations do not react well to that sort of events."

"I can understand your point but I would not worry about that, they'll know you're coming before you actually land." She said. "I, of course, would make it known to expect guests. But should you actually descend, I have to warn you to beware of entering caverns or large caves." She said. "Because you have shown a genuine desire for peaceful interactions I'll let you come down to the planet but please keep your party small." She said.

'I understand. Please be more specific about how small you would like my landing party to be," said Henry.

"Between 3 to 5 individuals, my children are fairly peaceful and you shouldn't expect to be randomly assaulted. But do not hurt any snakes on that planet for those are the progeny of my children." She warned firmly in a tone that carried the seriousness of her words.

PAUSED>

((OOC:

JP by:
Yangfan: (Henry, 3XF ships and crew)
Tyler: (Nagashun)

Everyone should feel free to post in the mean time.))

He narrowed his eyes a moment. This creature was supposedly a Goddess? He'd never really had any religious belief of any sort. He brushed it off a moment, not really caring as long as they weren't a threat to the Yamatai Star Empire, or to the Admiral. He stood from his chair and assumed a saluting position, insinuating he wanted to talk.

After Drake finished eating, he left the cafeteria and called up Celia once again. "Celia, Im sorry to take up so much of your time, but could you tell me what time it is, when I should report for duty, If there are any other elysians awake onboard?"

So quiet, so peaceful. For once in a while, all seemed to be fine. Too fine, maybe.

That's why it was too good: excess of sleep has never been healthy, or helpful, except when needed and deserved, but even then...

"Oh, my," the sleepy elysian looked around, getting up from his bed and stretching as if thought he was at home. "Good thing I didn't have duty to report to... Ah, what the heck, they kept me awake for quite long already, nobody must've noticed"

Later, in the cafeteria, another Elysian showed up, looking much cleaner and awake than the last scene we left him.

"Hope it's not too late to grab something to eat", the elysian asked once there, "Hunger is killing me, and they say that's bad for a soldier."

Wes said:
Fixed quotation marks.

Mazda could see that some breakfast foods on the buffet tables, including a few pastries and bagels, had been mercifully spared so far. Several self-service beverage dispensers flanked the buffet tables. A huge troll sat at one of the larger dining tables, and was munching on a huge bowl of cereal and milk. The mess hall was otherwise deserted.

Celia's voice drifted down from the ceiling above Drake's head. "I'm happy to help, Santô Hei Starblade. It is currently 9:10 AM Yamatai Time. I have you reserved for an away mission later today, starting at an indeterminate time, unless it gets called off. Shosa Roma is currently sleeping in her quarters. Nitô Hei Eschve is off duty in the cafeteria. Santô Hei Uuhai is on duty in the shuttle bay."

Meanwhile, on the bridge...

Henry noticed that Motoyama had stood up. "Something on your mind, Taii Kaori?" he asked.

"Thank You, Celia." After wondering aloud how he could have missed him, Drake turned around and walked back into the cafeteria and sat down at the same table as Mazda.
Wes said:
Fixed tenses. RP posts should be in past tense.

The Essian "deity" noticed the shift in attention away from herself for the moment and followed the precedent and looked over at Kaori out of the corner of her eye. The image couldn't help but grin a bit half wondering what this human had on his mind but judging by the timing he called attention to himself and how stiffly he was presenting it; she could guess what he wanted. But being canny at dealing with other races, she kept her commentary to herself and quietly waited.

He nodded calmly. He looked over at the image a moment and then back to Chen. "Yes sir, Admiral. As soon as you're finished with this I wish to speak with you Sir. However, it can wait until the current situation is finished." He referred to the presence of the so called Goddess upon the bridge.

Bagels, and pastries! Plus the breakfast! Must have been his lucky day.

As Mazda ate his breakfast (consisting in mostly many types of cereals but without milk), the corner of his eyes took note of somebody else that he should pay attention to, but at the moment it was the elysian's stomach that drove the body, not the brain.

Once the control was settled back to the biological CPU, Mazda turned to face the other Elysian. Well, he had to be an Elysian... He had wings, plus his traits were rather familiar.

"Oh, hello there", he said, still more busy with his breakfast rather than anything else, "Didn't notice you yesterday, are you new aboard?"
Wes said:
Fixed tenses. RP posts should be in past tense.

Drake watched the other Elysian ate breakfast.
"Yes, I just came aboard a couple of hours aboard, I have the room next to yours. My name is Drake Starblade."

A blink, then a smile on the elysian's lips.

"Welcome indeed, Drake. I'm Mazda Eschve, I hope your trip was shorter and more pleasant than mine", he chuckled, then simply finished the breakfast.

"So, we should probably go get our assignments, unless you have one already; I'll probably regret saying that, but I didn't cross half the galaxy to slack off"

"I think I already have mine," ,but before Mazda could speak again, Drake replied "but I'll be glad to come with you and keep you company. I think I have some tome before I have to report, so we may get to have some fun."

Mazda chuckled, giving an agreeing nod, "Well, thanks, I'm not sending you away, that's for sure".

This said, the still off-duty elysian left the cafeteria, planning to report for duty, as if he was eager to put his skills to use, "So, where do you come from, Drake? And how did you end up in this far corner of the galaxy?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back