• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Celia Mission 2: [YSS Celia, Essia] Serpent Planet

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I come from the planet Elysia and I came here to make a name for myself," Drake said mostly to Mazda but some of it was spoken in a tone like he was talking to himself, " but mostly I just wanted to get off of that planet."

Mazda nodded; in the meanwhile, he was busy trying not to become lost, but having been in the ship for a half day made he feel confident enough that he could stride to wherever he decided to arrive without problem.

"I see, I guess the reasons for which you left Elysia are more or less the same for which you didn't join the Celestial navy rather than the Star army?"

Henry nodded to Motoyama's words. "I believe we're about finished here. I will arrange for an away team immediately. Do you have any further instructions for me, goddess?"

Upon hearing Henry's words, Celia began mentally compiling a list of viable candidates for the away team.

The Essian goddess looked over at Henry again and considered her situation and what would be best. "Just do not strike out at smaller snakes. It's very important that they remain safe." She said. "Bring along a medical person because you are likely to be bitten by them as you explore."

He stood in silence awaiting the image of the said goddess to fade away. He wasn't very trusting, and the look in his eyes would say it all. It was his job to not trust, to doubt and disbelieve. He was the Tactical officer, the safety and protection of the ship and crew were #1 in his eyes. Always.

The goddess looked at Kaori for a moment and shimmered out, deciding they'd been told everything they needed to know. With a wink to the guys, she vanished.

Henry looked uncomfortable. "I... I see..." He said as Nagashun disappeared from view.

Sensing Henry's hesitation, Celia sent a telepathic message his way. ~ You're not thinking about going down there yourself, are you? Taisho? ~

~ I believe I have to, ~ replied Henry, his mind straining with the effort. ~ I wouldn't be much of a leader if I don't go. ~

Celia sighed, and touched the monitor on Henry's console. A list of names immediately appeared:

RECOMMENDED AWAY TEAM

Taisho Henry Chen
Shosa Abriel Roma
Taii Motoyama Kaori
Nitô Hei Mazda Eschve
Santô Hei Drake Starblade

Henry tapped a few keys, erasing Abriel's name and replacing her with Shina.

~ You'll need a medic, sir, ~ asserted Celia.

~ Shina knows first aid well enough, ~ replied Henry mentally. "Now, Taii Kaori, what was it that you wanted to say?"

He stepped forward form his post at attention. His eyes were deep and serious. "Sir. To be quite honest, I don't trust these creatures. Is it not normal behavior for a snake to be deceptive and underhanded?" He sighed and thought about it a moment. "Allowing even these, small snakes to attack us, I don't like it. We don't know the level of toxins they carry, regardless of what she says. I just think we have to be very careful. I wish to lead, the away team, with your permission. I don't mean command, but be the first into each situation. To ensure your safety."

"I'll be leading the away team personally, Taii Kaori," replied Henry, standing up. He looked around at the crew present in the bridge. "You and Taii Tanaka will be on the away team as well. Celia, you have the bridge while I'm gone. Oh, and please inform the two tech sentries that they are to get themselves backed up, and then report to the shuttle bay."

"Aye, sir," replied Celia.

"Now, Taii Kaori, Taii Tanaka, please join me in the hallway," said Henry, walking out of the bridge.

Elsewhere on the ship...

In the midst of their conversation, Celia chimed in from the ceiling above Mazda and Drake. "Nitô Hei Eschve and Santô Hei Starblade, please report to the medical bay immediately and make use of the ST facilities, then report to the shuttle bay. You will be briefed on your mission when you arrive there."

Meanwhile, in the hallway outside the bridge...

The bridge door closed behind them as Motoyama and Shina followed Henry out of the bridge. In the relative privacy of the hallway, Henry turned to Motoyama. "I don't trust these creatures either, Taii Kaori," he said. "That trust will have to be earned, as with any other species that we encounter. However, I feel quite safe about going down to the planet, even though I might be walking into an ambush, because Nagashun had allowed me to bring several things with me: a swift shuttlecraft, two skilled and well-rested Elysian soldiers, a strategist eager to prove himself, and a Nekovalkyrja. And if the teeth of the snakes of Essia should prove sharper than my boots, Taii Tanaka is well versed in first aid. Now, please join me in the medical bay... just in case I'm wrong."

With those words, Henry started walking toward the medbay.

Kaori nodded calmly and stepped forward quietly. He followed after Henry slowly. His eyes looked forward in that militaristic sense. His hand reached down and pulled out the combat knife he kept on his back at all times. He ran his thumb over the blade carefully. "Hm. Could use some sharpening." he said quietly, and to himself for the most part, following Henry quietly.

Mazda smiled, "Well, looks like we're about to get some action", he then silently folowed Drake to the med bay. Wonder what they were going to do there?

Walking behind Henry and Motoyama, Shina stared at Motoyama while he examined his combat knife, silently wishing that he wouldn't wave that thing around while walking so close to the Taisho.

Soon, they reached the medical bay. Chui Hanayo Kasumi was the only one on duty at the moment. She assisted Motoyama while Shina helped Henry as they backed up their brain patterns on the ST machines.

By the time Mazda and Drake walked into the medical bay, Shina was lying on one of the examination tables while Kasumi was operating the ST machine for her. A mechanical arm attached to the table was holding the scanner part of the machine over Shina's head. They could also see Taisho Henry Chen and Taii Motoyama Kaori standing nearby.

"I'll get to you guys soon," said Kasumi to the Elysians.

"At ease, men," said Henry, nodding to the two. Normally, red-shirts were not allowed to speak to officers unless they were spoken to, so Henry made sure to greet the two Elysians, in case they had anything to say to him before the mission.

During his salute to Henry, Drake said "Hello Sir", Drake could tell by his panels that he was and his air of control that this was probably Taisho Henry Chen.

As soon as he was greeted by the officier, Mazda promptly saluted, that soft salute of his.

He did not say anything, thought, the elysian with odd wing colours simply nodded at the 'At ease' command, putting himself at ease, as much as the situation allowed. In the meanwhile, he took the chance to look around... That cerain Adriel Roma was supposed to be a medic, if he remembered correctly, wonder how she looked like?

He calmly let the others do their work. He wasn't really so much at home here in the medical bay. He preferred to have his scars. They were a reminder of mistakes he'd made, or things he'd overcome. So he generally got treatment to the point of he wouldn't die, then let naturual healing take it's course, unless it interferred with his duty. He stood in silence, the rigid posture he always carried. He waited patiently for orders, or to be spoken to.

After Kasumi had helped Shina, she turned her attention to the two Elysian soldiers.

"Taii Tanaka, ma'am, could you please help me in assisting these two soldiers?" she asked.

"Of course," replied Shina with a smile.

"Thank you," said Kasumi. "Nitô Hei, Santô Hei, could each of you lie down on one of the examination tables, please?"

Meanwhile, Henry appeared to be reading from his datapad, occasionally pausing to cast a shy glance at Shina.

He glanced from his stern position, leaning against the wall quietly. He waited for a few minutes. "Admiral Chen." he said quietly. He stood straight now, adddressing a superior officer. "IS there, anything I should know about?" he said sternly. He stepped forward towards chen. His towering form,was huge yet graceful in it's movements. "So that I may prepare myself for the surface."

(XD If you watch Star Trek: The Next generation. I just realized. Chen is Picard, and Kaori is Warf. rofl. Rock on)

Mazda nodded, silently obeying and laying himself up the examination table. So, they're sending us to the surface of a planet... Wonder what we are expected to do there? I didn't even have the chance to get a grasp of where we are, exactly.

For a moment, the elysian wondered if he should have questioned about the purpose of the treatment, or that of the mision but in the end he decided to remain silent. Whatever was happening, somebody would eventually have explained them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back