• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 22.2] Echoes of the Past - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surface

Taharial scaned the data from the drones "I am sorry, the ship is affecting the readings, I can only see what the ship is made of" how the people in the ship talked made her want to punch them, she sighed and looked at the others "if we got in there I could but the ships organic signal is covering up the people inside" she heard the voice that said Wassup girl and had an idea. Taharial got on the radio and smirked using her best seductive tone "there may be~ first things first tell us what you are and why your here~?" she let out a girlish giggle "then I may give you something special and we will see if there is room for you~~~~" she hoped it was enough for the people inside.

~~Bridge~~

Yes Ma'am, Take two people, stop targets from mucking with ship, and ascertain if they are threats. use any or all levels of force to bring situation to a successful conclusion. Roger Orders." Tony stood up and saluted before pulling out her communicator and dual channel called Mitsuko and the new guy ((Sam)) As she headed out of the bridge to her cabin to grab her rifle case.

"This is Cadet Stark, you two are to report to the Armory to suit up and help with clearing up a situation. There is a group of unknowns, possibly hostiles heading toward the ship. I am suiting up in a DAISY, and bringing my sniper rifle, I would suggest you two suit up and prepare for close combat."

~~PA BAY~~
She spoke as she hauled her rifle case to the Armory and set it next to a DAISY. Awkwardly she started going through the procedure to get the DAISY ready to step in. It was literally foreign to her, but she had gone through a brief training session on them, so she was managing.

Once it was prepped she stepped into it and got it closed around her before she opened her rifle case and started assembling her Wasp. This went quick, he moved in small marshaled movements, as if she had trained hundreds of hours on the weapon. In fact she had.

Cabin ?
On the next page, the girls were wearing nothing, absolutely nothing! Sam thanked his ancestors for convincing him to participate in that childish Halloween event before boarding the shuttle to come here. But, then there was an announcement telling him to go to the Armory to suit up and help with clearing up something stupid. Oh Christ, now now! Just when the photos were getting interesting. Course, he couldn't really disobey a direct order for his own selfish, horny desires, now could he? He sighed. Nope, these Star Army people were strict. Just one wrong move, then they'd chop off his hands. Disobeying an order was definitely not an option. He hid the photo album under the bed mattress, then left the room. He could always look through his treasure later.

Power Armor Bay
Sam went to the PA Bay and started looking for his Mindy armor. But, after several minutes of searching, he could not find it. Did the Star Army assign him a different armor without telling him?

Sure enough, there was a M6-2A Daisy Planetary Power Armor with his name by it. This was going to be interesting. Sam was space infantry--not ground infantry. All he knew was basic operations. He started putting the armor on, hoping to do it correctly.

Last edited:
Surface / Derelict

Aikiko blinked at hearing 'darling' from Tsuguka. "Gotcha," She just simply replied. She began circling the derelict as she hopped from place to place around the part of the derelict that was exposed from the ground. She would pause long enough to check things out and move some of the ground debris away from the sides of the hull. Then she would shove the dirt back into a mound next to the hull as if something was left behind buried. Some places she would leave nothing but trash buried.

She hummed a tune as she worked, laying in bogus spots. Like she was actually laying in explosives. But prepping the places that would actually hold the real stuff.

Aikiko resumed normal communication with everyone as she worked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Surface - Derelict

Kale winced slightly. The mental pressure of keeping five separate bodies moving in some appreciable pattern was beginning to take its toll. Sweat dripped freely down his forehead and he was breathing more heavily then normal.

"Tsuguka, Ma'am, honestly I don't think I can hold for much longer. While within the hull I recommend we drop to two scouting drones. At this rate I'll pass out within the next twenty minutes from the strain." he stated across the squad network. It left a bitter taste in his mouth as he realized he wasn't as good at this as he thought he would be. Still, no use going catatonic and becoming a liability to everyone else on top of whatever situations may arise.

The four drones, which were currently hovering discretely near the walls were subtly trying to at least scan a couple of meters through the inner door, it would be good to know what was the immediate danger within.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cargo Bay to Power Armor Bay

Mitsuko looked up from her busywork as the communication from Stark was routed to her in the Cargo Bay. Her eyes widened slightly at the idea of enemies approaching the ship. She should have known things would end up like this, though. Stowing what she had been looking over, she hastily made the short trip to the PA Bay. Frowning at the new face that was currently attempting to wrangle his Daisy, she moved to her own Mindy and began to power it up and wedge herself inside. The Neko stayed quiet, using the time to look up some general information about their newest recruit. Once her helmet was settled, still marred by a scorched scar down one side and a dent on the forehead, she looked over her LASR before standing near the other two.

"...what are the others that are already out there doing? Is it already too much for them?"

YSS Eucharis - Bridge

While Hanako still gave her orders, Sigurd set the derelict's scan on pause reconfigured the scanners to scan the surroundings again, more in detail this time. The optics alone showed him the tunnel exit where the unknown beings appeared out. But why did they not show on scanners before?

As he started the deep scan of the vicinity he got an idea and opened the radar's schematics on one of his screens. After a short study he draw the conclusion that his idea might even work.
"MEGAMI, can our radar be reconfigured to emit EM-waves of thirteen centimeters wavelenghts or shorter?", he asked quietly into his headset.
"Affirmative, but safety regulations prohibit such a procedure", MEGAMI answered without passion.

I wouldn't know why, Sigurd thought sarcasticly. He couldn't circumvent the regulations, of cause, but he was sure the shôshô could so he kept his idea in mind. If needs be and the shôshô overrode the safeties he could use the radar as an oversized microwave with a power of some megawatts - wich accounts for a dozen well fried aliens.

Last edited:
~~PA BAY~~

"They are continuing exploring the ship. AS for too much I don't know. these are are orders. We are to assess the situation with the beings coming towards the ship. We may use any force needed with in reason to turn them about or detain them." Tony slapped a magazine of AP round into her rifle and racked the first round into the chamber.

"Stock Girl I want you to go with Newbie here and attempt to speak with them. I will move along the ship's hull and give you two cover. No one is to fire unless I order it, Or they fire first. AM I CLEAR?" She let her eyes and her helmet's faceplate drift to looking at Samael.

She wasn't so she she like the idea of a stock clerk and a untried grunt covering her, plus she had the training for long range support. So she went with what she knew. She was disappointed that meant not leading from the fount but that wasn't something she knew how to do.

Power Armor Bay
After somehow managing to get his armor on correctly, Sam noticed that there were two other armors walking around the bay so he went to investigate. Mindy was silent. However, Daisy was already barking out orders the moment he got close. As he could not see whom was speaking, he could only hope it was an officer speaking rather than some grunt pulling his leg.

"May use any force needed, check. Attempt to speak with them, check. No fire unless ordered?" Sam wasn't sure he liked that last part. What if the person got shot in the throat and couldn't give any orders? Was he just supposed to stand there and die? "Oh, or blast away if they shoot first, check. Yup, perfectly clear." He set his Pulse Energy Weapons to kill as his orders didn't have anything to do with stunning or live capture, then he left the ship.

Surface - Landing Site
Once outside, Sam couldn't help but notice the enemy was nothing more than about a dozen short, humanoid space-suited midgets. He decided to have some fun with them. After all, he was ordered to speak to them. He began his approach. "Fee fi fo fum. He hi ho hum. I'm a most amazing guy. A most amazing guy, am I. Fee fi fo fum. He hi ho hum. I'm stuff, I'm telling you--for hears what I can do."

Sam stopped his creepy walk when the midgets were a few feet away. "I can turn ya all into ashes with but a simple thought. Course, if ya all drop your weapons and surrender immediately, I may just forget I ever saw you and let you return back to your families in one piece. So, what say you?"

Last edited:
Bridge

Natsumi had pulled up the external cameras and feeds from the three crew going out to investigate the people on the outside of the ship. She was monitoring things out tuere in case she needed to bring the ship's anti armor guns into play.

She frowned as she listened to the new guy, who had rushed out ans began speaking to their visitors. Was he threatening them? When did attempting to make pieceful contact start with threatening? What was he doing?

"Shosho, I think you need to see this" she said and opened a volumetric window for Hanako, replaying the external camera feed and audio if Sam's manner of contacting the visitors.

(Not) Derelict Airlock

"Okay. Let's return to basic scanning mode for now, Kale-Hei. Thank you for your efforts, but we will have time to improve the system later." Tsuguka's voice gained an awkward sort of easing tone, as if it was mostly for his benefit. In truth, now that they were going inside the crashed vessel, the system probably had reached the end of its usefulness anyway. "Continue with basic observation, you two. If we aren't back in five minutes, well... You know what to do, Akiashiro-Hei."

The new orders pinged out over the 3D mapping system, just before she went inside the airlock and her system cut off.

Taharial still had the benefit of being within a decent transmission angle behind her, however, so she did get one extra encrypted message too. "If you sense any possibility of ECM or hacking... Get behind my shield, cover your faceplate. I'd give them my cannon at point blank before I let anything like that happen."

"I am entering the airlock now." She then responded in trade, back on the open channel. She was using pure inertia to travel down into it, in order to avoid unnecessary damage, but all of her weapon systems were still clearly armed. The gauss weapon leveled over her shoulder would be a little hard to overlook if they had any cameras, so it was very much intentional. "I ask again, please identify yourselves. What is your species? Affiliation? We are perfectly willing to give you transport assistance, if you will only give us such basic information as this."

If they did turn out to be former NMX, well... Taking them prisoner did include transporting them.

Surface

"We're fuckin' Rixxikor!" the person on the radio exclaimed back to Taharial. "Our ship is garbage. Give us a ride!"

"Yeah!"

"Hell yeah!"

Beneath the Eucharis

The lead alien stopped and stared at Sam for a moment. "Go fuck yourself," he said, flipping the bird as he fired an RPG directly into Sam's chest. The explosion left a burning crater and Sam found himself on his ass struggling to regain his breath. The others aliens followed suit, during a hodgepodge of railguns, particle rifles, and missile launchers at Sam, leaving his armor severely damaged and covered in pock marks and holes. Most of its systems were offline. One of the aliens came over and stole his rifle.

Instead of finishing Sam off, the aliens instead left him alone and continued to look for a way into the Eucharis. One of them, wearing a rocket pack, jumped up into the doorway of the power armor bay. "Sup," it greeted Mitsuko. "Where is the food?"

Bridge

Hanako watched the Natsumi's volumetric window with increasing frustration. "Stark, get this under control," she ordered over the team channel. "Taharial, be advised Santô Hei Darkfire has been hit and may need medical assistance."

~~PA Bay~~

Stepping back and raising her rifle Tony studied the being that just hopped into the hatch. She got the order from Hanako about the same moment. "Yes ma'am..." she responded before sliding her face plate up.

"Um hello? We're not food if that is what you're thinking..." She glanced over at Mitsuko hoping for her to speak up and so a better job at the whole diplomacy then the Newbie did.

PA Bay

Mitsuko sighed to herself, inside her helmet, as the Nepleslian began ordering them around. Her speakers flipped back on to let her respond, voice sounding more disappointed, frustrated, than upset. "Cadet Stark, in case you are not aware, my name is Joto Hei Murakami Mitsuko." She nodded her head as a quick form of a bow, sending a burst of data from her Mindy to the other's Daisy. It contained her standard profile, with her name and picture. Even though they had hardly interacted since Stark had been transferred to the Eucharis, there was very little chance the Nepleslian had managed to go this long without learning her name and rank. Mitsuko was going to give her the benefit of the doubt, though. This once.

"I would appreciate you using some, or all, of my name and/or rank when addressing me." On second thought, she glanced at the other Daisy, with the freshly arrived crew member, sending him the same burst of data. "I am asking you politely. This will be the only time I do so." Mitsuko nodded again. "Thank you, Cadet Stark." She sounded weary, but sincere. Non-threatening, but firm. She turned to move towards the open doorway, surprised to see the new arrival rushing off in his Daisy. Now standing in the opening, she leaned forward to peer outside as Sam advanced towards the small, humanoid figures. They were wearing spacesuits, she noted, which meant they probably belonged inside of that wrecked ship, and couldn't survive on the surface. Her face paled, eyes widening as she watched the infantry grunt approach the unknown individuals in an incredibly bizarre manner. "...oh dear."

Leaning back inside as the explosions started up, she glanced back at Stark before shaking her head. Land on a strange planet. Attempt to explore a strange place. Meet strange people. Get shot at by strange people. It was the same story every time. The Neko let out a private squeak into her helmet as one of them suddenly blasted towards the PA Bay's exit, right where she was standing. Mitsuko hopped back, LASR snapping up into position automatically. It barely had time to finish its question before it was suddenly sporting three fairly large holes, whatever was left of the alien likely tumbling out of the doorway and back to the surface. Lowering her LASR again, she looked over at Stark, seeming a bit surprised that she'd reacted so swiftly. "...well, they did fire first. Cadet Stark."

YSS Eucharis - Bridge

The need came faster than Sigurd thought. What the hell was that guy thinking? The problem was, that now a still alive Santô Hei Darkfire lay right between these aliens and he couldn't use the radar to kill them without killing him, too. Still, he decided, that it could be necessary, so he gathered his courage to ask the shôshô. Why has there to be such trouble on my very first day?

"Shôshô... ma'am... ahmm...", he stumbled and his face color turned quickly into light red about it. He took a deep breath to calm down before he conitued: "I may have a way to get rid of the strangers but I'd need you to override the sensor's safeties... ma'am."

Sigurd swallowed as he awaited Hanako's response.

Bridge

Natsumi watched everything hit the fan in slow motion via her SPINE linkup. The new crewman blasted by some form of rocket propelled explosive device and various other weapons. Then they made for the power armor bay airlock, they were trying to board the ship!

She was already having the computer analyze the aliens threat to the Eucharis. They did pose enough to cause damage if they got aboard.

"Shosho, they are trying to board the ship and are hostile" she reported. "Initiating anti intruder protocols! Isolating the power armor bay from the rest of the ship interior" Natsumi announced and already had the hatchways out of the PA bay locked down. Additionally, she put the rest of the ship into lock down in case the aliens managed to break in farther than the PA bay.

"Anti armor guns standing by to fend off alien hostiles"

Beneath the Eucharis
Sam found himself flat on his back. Ow... Clearly, the power armors were not the invincible, one-manned, super tanks he was led to believe they were while in boot camp. He tried to request a damage report.

Surface / (Not) Derelick ::

Aikiko got the transmission from Tsuguka. When she got ready to reply, the link indicator switched to red. The com's link had been cut. Then Taharial's link blinked to red, leaving Kale and her still linked. She made a funny face that none saw behind the face shielding.

She began laying in the real explosives charges with remote command detonators near the biggest of the emergancy hull breach patch on the occupied Derelict.

Once they was in place, Aikiko camouflaged the explosives once it was set in place to make it harder to spot and added more bogus spots nearby to make it harder to spot the real locations. Also to waste time checking to see if there is more explosives nearby.

Surface / (Not) Derelict

Taharial floated there and was shocked by the response of the Rixxikor as she thought they wouldn't be like that, but then again she should have expected them to be weird by her view so shrugged it off a few seconds after and got her rifle trained on the airlock, then entered the airlock after Tsuguka and smiled as she followed the red girl just behind her now and looked at her then nodded and after a bit went back to looking out for Tsuguka.

Surface Outside Derelict

Two of the drones floating around aimlessly seemed to stutter and fall a few inches before bleeping once and heading off back towards their bays on the Eucharis. Baring any further orders, they'd shut down there awaiting maintainance and recharging. He grimaced as he noticed the comm links go dark, Tahariel wasn't really a fighter and while while he had no doubt that the commander is good, he couldn't help but wonder if she was good enough to protect both of them inside a confirmed enemy stronghold.

Some movement caught his eye and he glanced down at what Akashiro was doing. He noted the strategic placement of what he supposed were some fairly powerful explosive devices, she was certainly no novice at this.

"Huh, pretty effective. You're a demolitions expert Akashro-san? I should have figured, its always the quiet ones." he commented distractedly, most of his higher cognition was taken up with keeping the remaining drones and himself on watchful lookout, the three shells were spaced in a roughly equilateral formation allowing any incursion from any angle to be spotted by at least one lookout.

Checking his scanner revealed nothing, and that bugged him. There should be something, anything to indicate that those alien life forms they had briefly encountered were active. He was starting to get a bad feeling about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back