• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 23.1] A Distant Threat (YE 37)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shuttle Medea II, Higaflan Airspace

Hashimoto-shoi took a deep breath once more and looked down at the destruction that had been wrought. The death visited on the Rixxikor infantry from above and below, while gruesome, in a way had a certain beauty to it. Not what was visible in the smokey haze of dead bugmen and melted trucks, but what was not... they had succeeded in defending the ship against overwhelming odds with no loss of life on their side. For the first time in Umeshu's short life, she felt the rush of a real victory and its taste like that of a fine plum wine. As a samurai trainee she had never felt anything like this, constantly put down and defeated at every turn by her fellow sempai. She knew in this moment that facing life and death alongside the crew of the Eucharis, though, felt... right.

Her moment of Zen past, Umeshu felt herself exclaiming excitedly, "Yatta!" in triumph over the shared comms without realizing it. She composed herself a moment later with a little cough and a calmer voice, "Er, yes... great fighting, everyone."

The Fox T4 then returned to the original mission which was reconnaissance of the area, as now she could proceed more unhindered without fearing an attack from the army below. The shuttle continued feeding data to Natsumi and the ship about just how well entrenched the planetary invaders were at this point, the layout of their settlements, defenses, the status of the transport shuttles in the air, etc. in order to aid in making plans to retake the surface with a similar great victory. Umeshu knew that the Rixxikor could regrow that army in but a heartbeat if left to go about their business of making mischief wherever they appeared.

Last edited:
Bridge

"Can always take the ship up out of the atmosphere and bombard it from orbit" Natsumi suggested. "It's the only way to be sure" she added as she concentrated on blasting as many bugs and their vehicles as possible with the anti-starship guns. She directed multiple of the anti armor guns to the task of intercepting the incoming missiles, shooting them down before they could strike the Eucharis' armored hull and cause damage.

Lighthouse, Shuttle

"Itto Heisho Murakami Mitsuko. Although back in training, they used to call me-" She was cut off as Candon contacted them. "Ryokai, I'll monitor the Lighthouse's altitude as best we can. One moment..." She seemed to have forgotten the other Neko for the moment, punching in commands and checking displays to confirm the Lighthouse was holding steady. Once she had a handle on that information, she also routed it to Candon's HUD, a little ticker in the corner of his vision just to reassure him.

Satisfied that they were relatively stable, she leaned back, collecting her thoughts. After this brief pause, she cautiously reached over to touch Aikiko's shoulder, hesitating long enough to give the other Neko time to flinch away or refuse. Otherwise, if she made contact, Mitsuko sent her a few clipped images featuring Aikiko from their interactions over the months. The dinner they had attended with Stark and the others, a few mundane encounters around the ship, the meeting to set up hotel reservations before the vacation. She leaned away afterwards, returning to her watch, letting the Neko process the images. "Hopefully those memories are reassuring...maybe they'll even help some of your own resurface."

Lighthouse: Shuttle

Aikiko tensed at contact, then relaxed as the image/memories were of her from the perspective of Mitsuko. She nodded in response. "Thank you," in a more softer tone, letting Mitsuko see the more truer side of her, than the outward habitual display she presented to others.

With not much activity going on and out of action. She fiddled with the scanners controls to see how far she could penetrate the station as she reflected back on what she been shown.

Bridge

"Away Team 1, this is Eucharis, request status update," Hanako transmitted from the surface.

Meanwhile, First Officer Saiga updated the damage list.
  • Fabrication bay foam removal and equipment repair
  • Wardroom hull breach (patched) - replace hull armor segment - low priority
  • Starboard wing area - electrical repair needed, major repairs needed, replace anti-matter systems, engines, wing parts, position cannon, field projector components, hull armor segments
  • Power distribution room - foam removal and post-fire damage assessment - high priority!
  • Fusion reactor replacement in engineering - low priority
  • Engineering hull breach - replace armored hull segment - low priority
  • Starboard dorsal AA gun replacement - low priority
  • Power armor bay: replace armor racks, anti-gravity systems, general repair
  • Life support systems: still not quite working right, needs replacement parts - high priority!
  • Landing gear: repair damaged front leg

Med Lab
"There may be a spare dude" Taharial grinned under the armour "Or we could let you fight just how you are." She starts to head out of the Med Lab "By the way, I have never been interested in men at all" she laughed as she looked back at Sam "Well shall we check to see if we are needed first?" She got on her communicator and spoke calmly "Chasen-Hei and Darkfire-Hei both here and ready to help with anything that is needed."

Eucharis Landing Site

"Not much of a talker, huh?" Jax asked Victory. Just then, his communicator went off.

"Nothing wrong with that, I suppose," he added while fishing the device out of his pocket. "Strong silent types are always nice to have a- FUCK!"

Well, it seemed he'd forgotten all about the damage list. And what's more, his highly advanced maintenance techniques hadn't worked on the life support. He growled in frustration, and one might have been able to see small nuclear explosions within his irises.

Once again, his quest for an alcoholic beverage and food had been foiled. Now, those bastards who'd shot them down had made this personal. As he climbed back into the ship, heading for Power Distribution, he vowed he would drive whatever race was behind it into extinction.

Misc. Systems

Jax retrieved the tool cart he'd brought down here in the first place. He would return it to the fabrication bay on his way to power distribution. All he drug the cart into the lift, he grumbled curses not suitable for general audiences under his breath.

Power Distribution

"Alright, bitches! The cat is here! What's the four-one-one?!" Jax called out with fake enthusiasm as he barged into power distribution.

Lighthouse Station - Level 3
The door hissed open… no trap, no gunfire.
Of course, they want a target to shoot.
His gauntlet mounted weapons locked into SMG mode as he peeked into the dimly lit room. It wasn't dark, just not as bright as it gets when the reactor is running at full strength. He entered the room cautiously, floating just enough to keep his steps silent. Candon's scanners detected no lifesigns or EM signatures besides his own.

With no ambush or explosion to stop him he ceased his search and focused on the computer. Approaching the center console he checked the machine for any potential traps or sabotage, finding nothing but a red mist of blood. He checked the floor beneath him, looking straight through his 'invisible' leg, to see a crimson smear. One that was obviously belonging to a Nekovalkyrja but distorted by what looked like several small drag marks.

With his curiosity piqued he entered his override code into the computer, ending the lockdown and restoring power to all the machinery and lights. From there he downloaded the security footage and flight logs directly into PA's computer while he checked on the reactor and life support's status. With the systems back online he gave the shuttle team the green light to proceed to the medical facility.
"Floor 3 is secure. Shuttle team, your clear to proceed to Medical."

Candon turned away from the console to find just how messy the room truly was. In the dim light he hadn't noticed that the floor was covered in feces similar to a roach. "Rixxicor..." he muttered with disgust.
"Guys, This attack was made by a species known as Rixxicor. No telling which colony but this is an act of war. Any bugs on this station will be killed on sight. I'll write up the official KoS sanction later."

After any acknowledges were made he added, "Stark, report." As he started walking back toward the elevator shaft he deactivated the active camouflage feature and began watching the security feed in fast-forward on a small, holographic 'window' on his HUD...

Last edited:

Stepping up right next to Suites, Tony reached over and tapped his shoulder. "Report is I'm right here... When you were calling in the report I moved up closer." She fought the urge to roll her eyes at his lack of situational awareness, but she won out. "this is fucking disgusting." Stark motioned at the blood stains and crap everywhere. She watched the feed from beside him. "looks like the rest of our away team decided to take a break in the shuttle.

Lighthouse - Level 3

The footage showed a basic shuttle - in excellent condition for being full of Rixxikor - partially entering the shuttle bay and knocking aside the SSS shuttle that was already parked in there. A team of Rixxikor in space suits had poured out and busted their away in. The initial team set up an airtight transfer tube connecting the invading shuttle's docking port to the second level down and from there the mass of Rixxikor rushed into the station like vikings, slaughtering the initial resistance consisting of a NSP-wielding neko and a Phodian with a submachinegun through force of numbers. Some of the Rixxikor had used a sort of flesh-melting acid squirt from their fingers during the fight, which blinded the neko long enough for her to be overwhelmed. The rest of the science team tried to hide in a closet and struggled with jammed communications devices. At that point, a couple Rixxikor blacked out all the cameras as the others ate the corpses, looted the food and clothing, and generally stole anything of value, leaving the fate of the remaining SSS personnel unclear.

Shuttle Medea II, Higaflan Airspace

Umeshu continued to make a few more observational runs over the general area past the landing site, however she soon became aware that as she went farther away she was coming closer to the transport shuttles of the Rixxikor, which considering the troops they had previously landed were packing some sort of armaments, likely more missiles. Considering she was the only viable air support at this time, and having pushed the venerable Fox T4 Aeroshuttle quite hard already in combat, discretion was definitely the better part of valor until more reinforcements arrived.

She thus retreated quickly back in the direction of the Eucharis, and brought the Medea II in for a landing on the small patch of clear ground in the Higaflan Outpost that Victory had set aside for it. The smell of smoking farmlands and gunfire and burning Rixxikor combined for quite the putrid odor that assaulted the Neko's nostrils as she debarked the small craft, and she almost reflexively put the helmet of her AMES suit she had in one hand back on. But she resisted the urge, for this was the other side of combat that had to be experienced, too, for one to truly understand what they had been through just moments before.

Umeshu gave a salute to Victory for her hard work manning the guns, though she was by herself. By the looks of it Jackson had already returned to the ship to his maintenance duties, as his grenade launcher was already cooling off somewhat when she briefly touched it. The officer opened up her communicator with one hand as she used the other to fix the bob in the back of her hastily tied up long purple hair that was now falling out. "Hashimoto-shoi to Bridge, I have landed the Medea II safely at the outpost after detecting multiple hostile shuttlecraft, although they are not converging on our position so far. Was Blackberry-shoi able to contact the reinforcements?"

Last edited:

Candon didn't flinch as Antonia tapped his armor seeing as there was nothing dangerous on the station besides the soldiers he came with. He began playing the security videos through his holographic projector as he returned to the center console.
"I'm glad they just chilled in the shuttle, when bullets start flying a pilot and two injured soldiers would be the first ones shot at... or the first I'd shoot, anyway."

Suites began using the station's monitoring systems to check on Eucharis, surprised to see the ring of death surrounding the ship. He could only assume that the Rixxicor had attempted a head on assault with an interstellar gunship using trucks, as he could infer by the scattered tires.
"Wow, just when you think they're getting smarter…" he trailed off almost in disbelief.

Bridge

"Away Team 1, this is Eucharis, request status update," Hanako transmitted from the surface.
"Suites here, the station was overrun by Rixxicor. There's blood but no bodies. They scavenged anything useful on this station. I'm relaying all information from the AIES to Eucharis' MEGAMI," as the center console began sending the data Candon moved to the right console and began scanning the area around Eucharis in search of anything Rixxicor related, locations of their military forces, and the main colony itself.

Med Lab

"Works for me. All the armor ever does is hide my good looks anyway." Sam stared at the angel's butt for a few moments as she turned and walked away, then quickly followed her. "Not interested in men, huh? That's cool. Always wondered what it would be like to convert a lesbian." He waited to see if anyone responded to her question. "Hm... Doesn't seem like we're needed. How bout we go to my room and hang out?"

Power Systems

Jackson placed his hands on his hips and looked around the room. There were dry, rubbery bits of spent foam everywhere, it smelled like fire, and lo and behold, an entire capacitor had been straight up melted, and there was damaged wiring everywhere, complete with dangerous sparks. Perfect.

"And, of course, we don't have any spares, because that would make too much sense." he muttered in bemusement as he scanned through the ship's inventory on his communicator. He sighed and turned back the way he came. A few moments later, after a quick trip to Engineering, he returned, with a broom and a dustpan.

"Just whistle while you work!" He sang aloud and began clearing away the foam. After a minute of childhood-nostalgia-fueled serenade, he stopped momentarily and contacted Hanako.

"Hey Shosho! Jax here. We need to make a list of stuff that needs replacing. First thing on that list should be capacitors, because, well, one of them could be placed in an art gallery and called "abstract" in its current condition, and I think that may cause a slight problem in proper ship operations, ya know?"

And with that, the beautiful (*cough*subpar*cough*) singing continued.

Last edited:
Lighthouse, Shuttle

Mitsuko began powering down the Raccoon shuttle as Candon's report came in. She was still upset by the prospect of dealing with the Rixxikor again, but that would have to wait just a bit longer. The captain's communication and Candon's response arrived just before she switched off the shuttle, taking a moment to reply to both of them.

"Ketsurui-Shosho, after treating their injuries, Miyako-Hei and Akishiro-Hei will join myself and the others in thoroughly investigating the Lighthouse and ensuring its safety. Even though the Rixxikor have departed, from the images Suites-Hei has shared with us, I fear they may be planning a...an infestation. I await any further orders, Shosho."

Standing from her seat, she offered to help Aikiko up from hers as well. "We just need to go down one level, and we'll have you in the ABMU and feeling much better very shortly." She smiled through the helmet of her AMES, leaving the damaged Mindy behind as she assisted Aikiko out of the shuttle and towards the ladder Suites had used earlier. After Akane followed them in her fairly functional armor, the Raccoon shuttle closed the rear exit and locked itself down, awaiting her return.

Bridge

"Eucharis crew, Eucharis actual. I would like everyone to regroup back onboard the Eucharis, where we can plan what to do next," Hanako sent to all of the crew. "All teams place report back to the ship. The reinforcements will be here soon but I still do not have a compiled list of repair supplies so the ships with those haven't been sent to us yet."

"Thank you, I will send for one," Hanako sent Jax. "If you can re-wire rest of the ones, which are still intact, we could probably restore main power to the ship, correct?"

A chirp signaled the arrival of the YSS Vesper, which would be landing soon, and might have or be able to make spare parts since it was a sister ship.

Power Systems
"Aye aye, Cap'n!" Jax replied and closed the connection. He'd gotten the foam cleared. He motioned to his FAR. "Flashlight, pronto."

And as the bot illuminated the room, Jax walked to the wall, where a circuit breaker sat. He flipped open the door and studied the switches, deciding which ones could remain on while he worked.

"Okay... That should do it... I hope." he swallowed, looking back at the melted capacitor. The sparks had ceased, but he would also be working to reroute power around the damaged component. The emergency lighting had gone off, at least in this room, and now the only light came from his FAR.

"You'll still need tools, you know..." muttered the AI. Jax facepalmed.

"Right..." he said and left the room again. He came back with a tool bag and headed for the melted capacitor. Using a ratchet, he unbolted what was left from the floor, then, ever so gingerly, booted it aside, leaving only the circuitry and wiring beneath. His FAR sighed at the resulting crash. Next, with a set of wire cutters, he set to work at cutting the connections to and from the capacitor. Last, using a soldering iron, he attached those connections directly, so as to allow the power to flow around the gap in components.

He did this all in about fifteen minutes, whistling a tune, and employing a preferred swear when he'd get zapped. At last he stood back up, stretched, and observed.

They would still need another capacitor, sure, but this looked like it would hold until then. It would certainly power a margarita machine!

His stomach growled, and he frowned. Walking back to the circuit breaker, he whipped out his communicator and contacted Hanako again.

"Alright, Shosho, I did the thing. I'm about to flip the switch and either A- the power will come back on, or B- we'll all blow the hell up! Just kidding, Shosho, but here goes nothin'!" And with that, he flicked the switch, whispering "fuck!" and clenching his eyes shut, because he didn't entirely rule out option B...

Umeshu heard the orders come in and the actual sight of the YSS Vesper disturbing the clouds overhead of their position -- both were definitely reassuring signs to her that others were joining them and she could refocus her efforts on restoring the Eucharis to spaceworthiness. She made her way back onboard the Eucharis proper and headed directly for the bridge, getting a location check on some of the other crewmates while moving. Once there, she seemed very relieved to see everyone again, giving a respectful salute to the CO and XO with her free hand.

"Hashimoto-shoi reporting in, Shosho," began the young Neko as she placed the AMES helmet on the sensor console she had previously been seated at and smiled. "Yokatta... I'm glad you and the others are safe." She then swiveled the chair around and began pondering. "While we wait for the away team to return from the Lighthouse, I believe having our available crewmembers each inspect a different damaged area of the ship for what needs replacing is a good idea. These can then be sent to our Logistics expert Victory-heisho to collate with the proper supply part numbers. This would be the most efficient way to get what is needed for our repair crews quickly..."

Last edited:
Lighthouse: Shuttle -> Station Medbay

She placed the console back under the shuttle's MEGAMI and stood up with help from Mitsuko. She glanced at her Mindy there. She shook her head and gave it a pat as she passed by it. Pausing long enough to strap on her service pistol.

She followed Mitsuko down to the Station's infirmary, taking in the various views. The station's shuttle tipped up on it side, resting against the bulkhead wall. The place stank of feces and junk scattered all over the place.

Climbing down the ladder was a chore for her. She took her time in following Mitsuko. Once on the prper deck, grateful that was over. She took a moment to catch her breath, before resuming her trek to the infirmary. Hoping that the med bay was still sanitary and untouched from whomever these Rixxikors were. A dirty little species. She wrinkled her nose.

Med Lab

Taharial cringed inside her armour "Not even if you scrubbed yourself with disinfectant and were a girl" she sighed and hearing the call to regroup on the ship, she got on comms with the others "Medical seems to be fine so, me and Darkfire-Hei will head to the Wardroom to regroup with the others." She turned to look at the guy with her "Come on then, this place is for work, not trying to get with others, the quicker you learn that quicker you can be a valued member of this crew" with that she walked out of the Med Lab.

Wardroom

Taharial walked into the wardroom and looked around, it had taken damage in the attack, she was glad that the Med Lab didn't as there was a few things in there that needed to be safe, one of with was that Nightmare Type, she shuddered at the thought of that being able to escape it took long enough for them to get it in there, she looked over the records of the capture "We may not be able to do it a second time..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back